Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

What do you want to see in an aquatic/naval campaign? About pirates? About lewd pirates? About lewd Skull and Shackles pirates?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats/scarlet-throne-style-combat-style/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to see actual 3-d combat in a setting that allows it.
I want to see privateering, swashbuckling, and acrobatics.
I want lewds to be kept offscreen and romance to take its place.
And fuck you with a power drill.

I get that, but is there any specific sub class or anything that's based around issuing challenges and wielding a big ass sword?

What do you think 'smite evil' is if not a challenge

If you must ahve something thats specifically a challenge, play a Cavalier

Yes.

That'll work, thanks.

Cavalier

>3D combat
>Getting flanked by 18+ enemies

Sounds cool.

Does to me

Well, it's that time again.
Feeling like I'm a loser who should never have applied to any games or tried to put passion into my work because I'll never be as good as the celebs or given any acknowledgement by my friends besides a derisive scoff.

How do you deal with it, /pfg/? I don't feel like it's just any ordinary burnout that can be fixed by just taking a break.

I'm a forever GM, I don't have to deal with it.

I just make shit for you fags to ruin.

You deal with it by
1. Looking at shitter rando apps and /r/pathfinder, and realizing that despite not being good as DE CHAN xDDDDDDD, you're still probably way above average
2. Any groups near you in real life? Play with them instead. Making up characters you really wanted to play and then getting rejected hurts, but actually playing in a game with at least one of them helps to take off the pain.

>giving up pre-emptively because you think some nebulous 'celebs' are better than you

This is what I can't stand about you guys, you don't have the balls to actually try hard because you're for some reason giving a fuck what other people think.

I've applied to plenty of games. Even got accepted to a couple. I still feel like I'll never stop being literally who in practice.

>aquatic/naval campaign

We must unify the islands.

Reminder that Cacaeliae in lore are literal WE WUZ
We must restore the Great Cacaeliae Empire, We Wuz Emperors n' SHIEEEEET

Asking for Trenton on Veeky Forums is a very bad thing, homie. Get some air and find a nicer hobby

Golarion would be a lot more fun if we had a Not!Britain during the Not!Heptarchy somewhere between Linnorm Kingdoms, Azlant and Arcadia.

Why the fuck would want to be "popular" or some other bullshit like that?

Stop using the metrics of others to measure the success of your life and define your-fucking-self for once loser.

>giving a fuck about people knowing who you are on Veeky Forums.org

Dude i'm a 'celeb', it doesn't matter, why would anyone care about being known on Veeky Forums of all places.

It's better to be unknown.

Eh, I can sympathize. I don't like to look like I'm whining about it, but I like to feel like I'm at least making my friends happy.

It feels bad when I fail at that...but then again, that's probably because of something in me rather than them actually not appreciating it.

Post one of your apps and I will tell you what you are doing wrong.

Hi Sweagle.

>been running campaign about a year now
>playing early morning to accommodate friend who works later to support his two kids
>makes a dwarf who wants to reclaim his home city overrun by undead
>start designing this city
>no one else wants to go
>finish about 300 areas of the city and ready to start on more
>friend starts leaving early for sessions
>tells me he has to quit the group cause his gf needs him home more
>realize that everything I prepared was in expectation of them going
>rest of party kept vacillating on whether they wanted to go even though they agreed to do so twice then said "nah i dont really want to after all so we're not"
>guy texts me later saying he's gonna have to quit pathfinder entirely

I feel like getting a vasectomy.

>This is what I can't stand about you guys, you don't have the balls to actually try hard because you're for some reason giving a fuck what other people think.
Who's to say he isn't trying hard? And given the fact that this isn't a solitary game, and the fact that this is an APPLICATION process, he probably should care what people think of him.

Do it, the less you breed the better humanity will be.

The only fun part about being a celeb is laughing at how wrong people are about you.

It's really nothing to aspire to or chase.

I'm not sweagle.

>tells me he has to quit the group cause his gf needs him home more

I really hate girlfriends that do this, she should know game-night is as much a social event to see his friends as it is a chance to play make-believe.

Basically because he's counting himself out and going 'oh I should never put any passion in, woe is me'

like nut up

Not him, but all I wanted out of this was friends.

Instead, I feel like I got invited to the cool kids' table and now I'm just waiting to get drenched in pig blood.

Hi Rory?

lolno

>being a namefag / tripfag / avatarfag is good and desireable
No user, you are the cancer

You don't know why his girlfriend needed him home m8, it could've easily been "the kid needs help with his schoolwork" or something to that effect.

Well I'd say your friend was partly at fault because he didn't guarentee a timeslot, but you also seemed to misread your players and not understand what they wanted to do.

Have you considered posting in the Game Finder thread?

Also, what's your roll20 name?

she could need him at home for practical reasons though, like taking care of kids/doing chores

Link your apps and I'll take a look at them later to see if there's any really obvious problems.

Bro, then don't start shit in the thread where people are going to laugh at you.

Just fucking say something to your group members.

I had some ideas for interesting water environments. Giant blobs of water kept in perfect sphere shape that you can swim through then jump from one to the other as part of an obstacle course but seeing as Starfinder is around the corner having a ship or something like the Kasatha's Idari where it's a giant moon sized water tank is now interesting to me.

Realistically as long as your name isn't 'startoad' 'kawase' or 'tuvarkz' not being 'known' won't hurt you

>Dating someone with children

Desperation, thy name is single mothers.

For those of you without much luck getting into games let me tell you what you can look forward to it you get into games with PFG players

>Players taking 5 minutes to make rolls that should be made in 10 seconds
>Players taking 50 minutes to execute simple plans
>Players making retarded plans to achieve simple goals because they've read tons of epic caps of wacky PC plans!!!
>Players generally being rude and sarcastic to everyone
>Naive anime girls that break character to be hardass manipulators whenever it suits the player
>*Smirks*
>*Chuckles*
>*Grins*
>No one knows the rules
>Someone is 15 minutes late every time
>Excessive anime stereotype personalities
>S-stutter t-typing

Discouragement sucks, but just remember that you can overcome it.

Tuvarkz and Kawase don't seem to get hurt too much by being known, mind you. Tuv gets accepted anyhow and Kawase's schedule is honestly among the worst in /pfg/ besides people like Argentum or Wist who have 10000000 games running.

I'm getting into a /pf/ game in years as my first PoW class (Mystic) in a weeaboorific game that pf fans seem to demand. Any general advice for a Mystic? It looks like everything I was looking for in a sword-swinging class that gets to teleport around and such, and I'm going with a Vagabond inspired ronin type of character seeking to improve himself after receiving a grievous injury.

Doesn't matter so much with the group I'm in, but is Deadly Agility meant to give the 1.5x bonus to two-handing a weapon? I was actually thinking of going Landsknecht for the reach and AoO stuff and the idea of a functionally one-armed swordsman appeals to me.

>t.someone who's never gotten into a game

>*Smirks*
>*Chuckles*
>*Grins*

It's a horrible habit I'm trying to break myself out of.

what if they're his children?

>mystic
>that recovery

e-enjoy

How do you know they're her kids or even that it's not their kids
Anyway it could easily be something like "I got a job during this timeslot".

>Someone is 15 minutes late every time
This

Same. I find myself using it too often.

>but is Deadly Agility meant to give the 1.5x bonus to two-handing a weapon?

It does now! As for one-handing a weapon, are you grabbing Scarlet Throne Style?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't know a ton about the styles, I was using Mithral Current for the Landsknecht requirements. Does Scarlet Throne focus on single handed attacks?

It used to at least, but it's still very much useable as einhander.

Same. But it's fucking hard when 'always smiling or cracking a joke' is a key part of their personality.

Nah I will second almost all of these, obviously you don't have all of them in every game but I would say I can put at least 1/3 of the list in every game I'm in

>Does Scarlet Throne focus on single handed attacks?

See for yourself.

d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats/scarlet-throne-style-combat-style/

As for Scarlet Throne, the discipline? Absolutely, Scarlet Einhander alone is extremely valuable for a one-handed swordsman.

To clarify this, don't 1:1 shit, it doesn't work. Figure out what you like and steal it, then adapt the rest.
Same for characterisation- Ain't no god-emps in golarion (Razimir doesn't count), but NO VOLUME CONTROL CRUSADER FOR THE INHERITOR works just fine.

Good lord yes.
But hey, I figure it's better to try and smile a lot than take a fucking half hour to type out a paragraph on how, exactly, my character is trying to show good cheer *this* time.

I get gf dude, it is the other players that piss me off.
It shouldn't matter, you spent the time on it sometimes the plothooks are not optional. No matter where they go they are going to end up in undead city or at least parts of it. While they are bullshitting around a powerful necromancer is going to turn everything on their head, until they man up and deal with it.

What would I want in an aquatic or naval campaign? Well, the two words really conjure different ideas in my head. When you say aquatic, I think of underwater stuff, like merfolk PCs exploring Atlantis or something. Naval makes me think of something that takes place ON but not IN water, like a campaign where you spend a lot of time sailing around and never go much further inland than a port town.

But, the problem is... "Sailing around" is just traveling. You just skip over it most of time, speaking from experience of having ran a game that involved a lot of sailing. Except for situations where something interesting happens while the PCs are sailing from one place to another, you just skip over it like how in a "normal game" you would skip over the horse ride from one town to the next unless there's a combat or something else that's exciting happening.

So, with that in mind... I would say a naval campaign where the focus is on the boat rather than the boat just being a vehicle. Like, something where the PCs are trapped on a positively MASSIVE ship that's sailing to destinations unknown all on its own, with no captain or crew to be seen. And the ship is like a big super-dungeon the party has to explore, figure out where it's going and get to the bottom of the whole mystery.

Not him, but I've seen plenty of request for "How do I make Samus" or "I want to be a Space Marine pls", and the answer has usually been to point them at DSP's Aegis. Which reminds me, I've never actually played one, so I really oughta try that some time...

Unless I can relate what I type to some point of my character's backstory, I'd rather keep the text short and sweet.

The thing that makes this even worse is when almost every goddamn interaction you have with the party encourages you to smile, smirk, chuckle or grin.

Well it's Veiled Moon that really makes me want to play PoW classes, but we still have at least one more session of world building before the game starts. I'll poke around more and see if I want to switch things. I could take a drawback to swap something for Scarlet Throne if it fits my needs.

I just feel like I need to keep up, you know?
Everybody else seems to be liked better than me, both IC and OOC, regardless of what they say or how. I want to meet their standards.

>I figure it's better to try and smile a lot than take a fucking half hour to type out a paragraph on how, exactly, my character is trying to show good cheer *this* time.

I have what I think is a good rule of thumb for this sort of thing, and that is thus; unless you feel inspiration to write that paragraph... Don't. I've written big-ass responses to minor-ass things before, but that's only when I've got the spark of something that just pours out and onto the screen. Otherwise, all you're doing is stressing yourself and stressing your partners.

I'm laughing at you user. Thanks for that.

Man, that Street Sharks reboot looks amazing.

Hey, think I could get some advice?

I've been playing Pathfinder for a couple years, so I'm alright, but no expert. Now, a couple friends tell me they want to get into it, so I agree to help them build their first characters.

Thing is, I've always been the sneaky stabby type, so I've never much bothered with magic classes. So one friend tells me he just wants to summon all kinds of shit, and I'm not sure how to go about it. Would sorcerer or wizard be better? What feats should I plan for? Anything else?

user... Who are you? I want to PM you.

I feel ya, bro. Personally, I just don't want to be seen as a deadpan robot. "Beep boop! I am the law!"

Summoner.

>So one friend tells me he just wants to summon all kinds of shit, and I'm not sure how to go about it

Well, I mean, there is LITERALLY a class called Summoner.

Heh, if only.

Is it necessary for you to blog in the thread?

Right, sorry. I mean a whole, whole lot of things. Like the Summon Monster spells. Not just one main thing.

Yeah, Summoner.

Look at the fucking class.

>*Smirks*
>*Chuckles*
>*Grins*
This is the male version, for females it's:
>*Smiles*
>*Blushes*
>*Tilts Her Head*
>*Does overtly sexual things but the player pretends it's not sexual*

Then try harder.

Fear of failure is the best motivator.

Again, Summoner.

Remind him of how much goddamn paperwork and time that is.
Has DSP actually done anything useful with the Troop rules, so you can summon a horde of skeletons or whatever with them?

Did you look at the class?

>*Tilts Her Head*

yeeeeaaah that is pretty common I must admit

I find myself sighing a lot desu.

YyyyyNo.
Fear of failure is what brings me back to the thread to bitch every few days. Fear of failure only makes the fear of failure grow stronger. Because I can always convince myself that I've failed or am failing.

It's hard to do something useful with troop rules because summoning classes usually only summon an intermediate number, like 10-20 monsters, not 10 000 to 20 000.

Its literally their class feture to get Summon Monster SLAs and a whole spell list you can fill with it.

And if you want MOAR!!! then you take the MAster Summoner archetype to to lose Eidoloon and get more Summon SLAs.

Heck, those SLAs are the real reason the class is T2, and why the UC Summoner was a pointless downgrade that did nothing to fix how powerful it was.

So I think I understand the mechanic, but I should probably check. So I begin a combat with 2 maneuvers and each round another prepped maneuver "unlocks" for me to use, right? And then when I have them all unlocked the process repeats, so I'll never be out of maneuvers?

I do like the style, I was looking at a Dex based AoO machine as my goal... I'll have to do some reading!

hahaha

Master Summoner is banned because it's fucking annoying though, and not because it's powerful. Shame really, it's rather flavorful.

>mfw realizing I'm just super fucking shit at this game because I always take too damn long to formulate responses to things and never know when to take initiative with shit, despite having a decent grasp on mechanics
>mfw constantly afraid of stepping on toes in "big" parties, always feel like I'm putting both too little and too much detail in, and ALWAYS feel like I'm playing something about my character wrong

I think my ideal game would be some monstrous frankenstein of IC done in text with OOC mixed voice-text so people can figure out how they want scenes to go as they type them out, but trying to block out time for a game like that or even find people willing to do it would be next to impossible.

Don't forget classics like *giggles*, *bites lip* and *guttural screaming*.

>*Does overtly sexual things but the player pretends it's not sexual*
People always seem surprised when being suggestive leads to actual lewd things happening. The common definition for "lewd game" seems to be just "we play grab-ass for a few hours and oh maybe sex might happen someday."

>Guttural screaming

W-What?

Tell you when you're older, user.

My biggest frustration is how pathetic male PC's are. Probably because the people playing them have little to no emotional skills.

You are failing. You have failed. You will continue to fail.

Unless stop blogging about it and do something constructive.