Why did the Emperor build the Webway Project on Terra if canonically there's a webway gate on Luna as shown in...

Why did the Emperor build the Webway Project on Terra if canonically there's a webway gate on Luna as shown in Gathering Storm 3?
Wouldnt it have been safer to have something so dangerous not on the crown world of the Imperium? Why didnt he expect the Chaos Gods to attempt to stop him?

he bout dumb as shit

The Emperor couldn't really comprehend the idea of things not going his way. After millennia of getting whatever he wanted because he was a stupidly powerful psychic demigod, his ego was so massive that he thought the Chaos Gods would be helpless to stop him, or potentially too scared of him to even try something.

>The Emperor couldn't really comprehend the idea of things not going his way
Hadnt he almost gotten choked out pretty soon before he bailed back to Terra though?
And besides the Gods had already scattered the Primarchs showing that they were attempting to stop him directly. Should have been a big warning sign.

He already had a secret lab ready to go, it would be a waste to go offworld. Plus he was probably trying to make more webway, not just link in to the eldar's dilapidated hand me down.

It may not have been there before the Horus Heresy. Over the 10k years between 30k and 40k, Luna was converted into a giant orbital battlestation; it's entirely possible that the webway portal was moved there during that process.

Probably by some dickbag Inquisitor or borderline-heretekal Magos.

>He already had a secret lab ready to go
Didnt he create Primarchs on Luna though? I may be mis-remembering that but I believe he also had a lab up there.

>not just link in to the eldar's dilapidated hand me down.
I'm pretty sure it was just an entrance to the old one/eldar webway however. The human webway was just an entrance to it not a whole new one.

>Probably by some dickbag Inquisitor or borderline-heretekal Magos.
Highly unlikely anyone in the Imperium has the knowledge or the skill to do that user.

He's a Barbarian human born in the species earliest point of infancy who came to his power in the late stages of his life when he noticed he wasn't fucking aging and other stuff, diving his prior lives as the shaman council of old. He then spent his time doing fuck all, namely ruining a lot of human societies by misusing his powers, accidentally all Abrahamic religon, and a number of actions so obscure no one could pick up on them. Suffice to say, mankind made it to the stars without his 'help'. He then showed up after the Elves fucked up, causing chaos to go into overdrive and make Tzeentch ruin all of our nice A.I, which we may have been mistreating anyhow, next to somehow all of our planets missing water for some reason.

Now, being the dumbass barbarian introvert that acts high and mighty because he is and can easily play himself off that way because he is HUEG, PSYCHIC AND POWERFUL he can lead people and stuff, when in fact, he is none other than that, I shit you not, batshit insane roman philosopher who shittalked all other roman philosophers who LIVED IN A BARREL. YES. THE GOD-EMPEROR OF MANKIND IS NONE OTHER THAN THAT FUCKING ROMAN PHILOSPHER WHO LIVED IN A BARREL, DIOGENES, I SHIT YOU NOT. THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. His callback to his almost all-consuming desire for architecture that evangelized everything he touched, choice of speech and scribing for his words of law, all of that, fucking Diogenes trying to play paragon of mankind when he really was just a poor dated old man with nigh-infinite intelligence, clairvoyance divination trying to be relevant and a guiding beacon for his people whom he could barely relate to anyhow.

He built the webway on Terra because it was the safest planet before Horus was mindfucked,

Most secure and fortified (Dorn) and because Emps was a sucker for social memetic significance whenever he did anything because it hammers in a point. He was basically a tryhard, and it's no wonder the like of Malcador were his best friends, only people willing to put up with his absurdity and challenge him without being fucking annoying as all hell were worthy of his attention. The guy was someone who couldn't even get his own affairs in order until the Age of Strife essentially forced his hand. I think along the way, next to the reverence and worship the guy tarted believing it himself to a degree, but you know, being the long-time cynic militant atheist he was, stubbornness and lack of acknowledgement of human flaw, next to the fact that the Great Crusade was the biggest fumbling about, all-out planetary pussy grab ever seen without care for detail or intricacy implies he was really unorganized, despite his best efforts overall, he basically wanted everyone to be on his level and flaunted this in his behaviour, without noticing the gap between him and others properly.

Infact, the Emperor of Mankin dbeing Diongenes EXPLAINS WHY HE FUCKING HATED GUILIMAN SO MUCH, YET TOOK A SHINE TO PRIMARCHS FROM BARBAROUS ORIGINS

Every time Guiliman walked in, he relived every fucking moment of having to deal with all the other Philosophers in Rome again, embodied into a single smug cunt, and he secretly fucking hated it, the physique, the form, just about fucking everything else that were the smug shits who always came to harrass him in his barrel.

>He built the webway on Terra because it was the safest planet before Horus was mindfucked,
But by building it on Terra he completely destroyed any safety that Terra previously held by building a back door into the Palace?
He literally built a doorway in to another realm and expected noone to use it against him?

Well, yeah secret project, wasn't exactly in the know if after Nikea Magnus would be dumb enough to pop in to the warp, meet Tzeetch, and get a power boost to rail his way through the thing.

he didn't build it though, it was already there and according to fluff, the wraithbone gate itself is just a physical marker, destroying ot does not remove the gate, just the way in.

Also he did have a back up thing in deeps space...until the navigators got wind and sabotaged it, the gate on terra at least guarantees zero interference.

>Well, yeah secret project
It wasnt a secret to the Chaos Gods. So why did he expect them not to destroy it? And if Magnus can trash the place then Tzeentch surely could so it just makes the idea even stupider. Its not like the webway hasnt been breached by chaos before.

>he didn't build it though
I'm pretty sure he did? Thats the whole point? If he just opened a webway gate he wouldn't have had to create the human webway section.

You mean a greek philosopher, stupid faggot

no it was there, his adepts worked to reclaim and expand it adding protection and repairing damage, adding a sort of psychic sheathe.

>his adepts worked to reclaim and expand it
Where is the evidence for this? Why would it be called the human webway it it was just opening a gate?

>adding a sort of psychic sheathe.
No that was the human webway that was that was shielded user. The webway shields itself already.

This is the answer. Emps constructed with Mechanicum assistance a human-built attachment to the Eldar webway, joining at thr Eldar city that was one of the hubs. It wasnt just hijacking the Eldar areas, it was literally making new webway areas to attach to the existing ones.

Why not use his base on Luna then?

because parts of it where human built where things had been destroyed/sealed off/needed expanding
'
''No that was the human webway that was that was shielded user. The webway shields itself already.''

What I meant.

>Diogenes
>Roman

The webway shields itself cause its made out of wraithbone. The human webway is made out of metal and stuff. This is why the emperor needed to add a psychic sheathe and put up the bit Fck off psychic wall Magus broke.

I'm not sure what you just said but I think you're confusing the golden throne with a webway gate. The Golden Throne was how the Emperor forced his way into the webway and this allowed the mechanicum to build the human webway sections.

>ultimate gift to humanity is a cheap knockoff of something that already exists and was easily destroyed by the thing it sought to protect against.

Pretty fucking embarrassing.

Daily Reminder that the Webway was built by the Old Ones. Eldar were dirty squatters too.

The Webway gate the Emperor was building is large enough to march Titans through. The webway gate on Luna is much smaller. The Emperor intended to use his human-built webway tunnel to Conquer the webway. Doing so required the deployment of significant forces, and Terra is a better mustering point than Luna.

The Golden Throne was keeping the whole project stable and was irreplaceable. When Magnus broke it, not even the Emperor could repair it. So airlifting it out of the Palace and moving it to the Moon sounds like a recipe for breaking that shit completely.

>Highly unlikely anyone in the Imperium has the knowledge or the skill to do that user
Noone has the knowledge or skill to get a planetary warp portal packed up in a box and shipped in a ship's cargo hold?

Seems unlikely.

>next to somehow all of our planets missing water for some reason.
Huh?