Could Jason kill your party?

Could Jason kill your party?

Depends on the system

Jason can't even get all the useless untrained horny teenagers regularly, how's he supposed to off a bunch of professional murderers with weapons and armour and overly powerful magic?

Haha, no. Level 20 5E campaign.
If he's even standing after taking enough firepower to drop a dragon in two rounds, there's no way he's killing the wizard.

That's not how the plot works. Your party would inevitably be separately picked off one by one while indulging in activities like pre-marital heavy petting, until the lone (and probably female) survivor manages to hit Jason over the head with an axe or some shit, finally killing him at least until the sequel.

Yeah it still falls apart when the people he's supposed to kill are all stronger than him. He's just an especially big zombie with a shortsword. Half the party gets obscene bonuses against him (holy clerics, holy paladins, people with fire spells) or are bigger and stronger than him with better weapons (Barbarian, Fighter). Shit, the Cleric probably knows a bunch of spells which specifically STOP him from coming back. Hallow the camp anyone?

Jason wouldn't be much of a threat to a party because of how adventurers work ("don't split the party"). Even if he could get his one-on-one fight, he's not invulnerable. If an attack from some untrained teenager with an improvised weapon can knock him on his ass and stun him, then a trained fighter could stop him. He's also easily tricked and fooled.

Reminder: Corey Feldman killed Jason as a child.

Seeing as we have

>Medic black guy
Who is also a barbarian berserker and cleric that hates undead with a passion.

>the rock star womanizer
Now turned a woman from DM shenanigans, pretty damn flexible.

>The nerd
Who is a pyromaniac hellbent on finding a spell to destroy the world or at least get a demon inside his hat.

>The dickass thief
He's a dick with luck, the worst kind of dick.

>NPC Harpy that we saved and joined us
Birdbrain but pretty damn useful with some of the spell we taught her. Pretty much the Group's daughter and we would give our life gladly for her wellbeing.

We're toast until Jason touches the Harpy, then he better have a bloody dragon to help him.

At best he is just an underpowered tarrasque. We fucked liches with multiples clones running around them. We will be fine.

Slasher movies are the vomit of Hollywood.

3.5 Demiliche that had access to not D&D magic (fuck your dispells, protections etc) and he was just the second of the three generals.

My own party would kill my party before Jason even has a chance to kill my party

Which Jason? There are at least 5 different origins/power levels.

My low power/low fantasy party could maybe take on one of the copycat/non-supernatural ones.

When you get to the full on "blow him to pieces but then someone close by feels the urge to start eating the charred remains of his heart and they gets possessed and turn into Jason" I don't think even these high level D&D wankers can stop that.

Resist with WIS save. Bam. Done.

Why do you keep spamming your passive aggressive non-answer? OP asked "your party", which clearly defines that he's asking about the setting your party is in.

Why be a little meme-forcing idiot?

Jason's powers are based on his plot armour. They essentially run on DM fiat, against which all your levels and abilities count for nothing. If your party finds itself in a Friday the 13th film then Jason is going to kill most of them, end of.

That's because Jason is always fighting regular humans.
By that logic a sayian from a DBZ campaign would be just as helpless as a teenage numbnut, which is idiotic. There's nothing keeping Jason from being vaporized along with the lake.

What a brilliant insight. The rest of us are going to ignore you, so the thread can continue.
He's pretty canny, so he might tag one of us, but the rest would hunt him down and cram an incendiary grenade up his ass.

Blades and other physical damage doesn't do much to a magic-powered robot, especially one that appears to have merged with a fire elemental.
The others might be in danger (ex-mafioso dwarf cleric, crazed lizardman, drow ranger nobody cares about, and an ex-circus performer elf with bone-blade spurs) but if he tries it on my character he's got a short future consisting of being on fire, being carved up with a khopesh and having a shield that may as well be a repurposed door slammed into his face until he stops moving.

He'd probably struggle with the lizard, come to think of it, seeing as he's almost as tough as I am and his immediate reaction to encountering an enemy is to try to eat it.

Party of 3 senile, retired adventurers? They might have magic and magic items, but they're old, feeble, and can't remember shit.

Still they're up to going dragonslaying next session. Let's see if I'll get my first-ever TPK (doubt it).

You special snowflake.

I get the feeling there is probably a fairly heavy modifier on it.

And even if the first PC passes, one of them will probably fail.

>black crusade party
the bathroom is scarier than jason, and has a higer kill count

>anima
HAHAHAHA.
We are fucked sneak attacks are fucking terrifying.

He was just a regular warforged (well, "forgeborn") at the start of the campaign.

Yes, because GM fiat favours him and fudges any rolls that could hurt him in any way until the last 10 minutes of the movie.

How fast is Jason?

Would he be able to stop my character from playing "tag, you're it" with him? And by "tag, you're it" I mean "tag, you're teleported a thousands mile into the ocean, since water is your weakness"?

My character's arguably the weakest of the group and he could take care of Jason single-handedly by teleporting him into the sea.

Playing demigods in comparisson should compensate for the effectivity of sneak attacks.

>black guy dies first
>nerd guy dies after ironically attempting to prove Jason is just a myth
>harpy killed and found stuffed in an oven roasted to death
>thief and """woman""" rage and rush him
>thief dies, """woman""" is cornered but improbably manages to escape
>tries to stop Jason
>to Jason's surprise, he manages to kill """her""" because as she's not a real woman, she doesn't get the Final Girl bonus

Tss tss tsssss

Chh chh chhh

>Through the Breach Bully
>Heals from fear around her
>Can teleport between any two locations as long as no one can see her
>Can scare undead and machines without any more difficulty than a human.
>Gains increased defences and damage against scared targets
>Strips fear immunity.

This is an awkward mirror match. Bully is Basically 'horror movie monster' as a pursuit.

Pretty much, we should have rolled another girl and kept her away of the bard.

and shit like The Emoji Movie and Transformers aren't? also
>implying Hollywood even makes slasher movies anymore

It's all indie or low budget shit now, although that Leatherface movie coming soonishly is interesting

Yes

Jason never runs, but he is all but confirmed in the movies to be capable of limited teleportation. Kind of like DND shadow-stepping.

>I don't think even these high level D&D wankers can stop that.
ehhhhhhh Mind Blank until it goes away

In my 5e game probably not since I'm a Revenant Barbarian like him. I was brought back because a necromancer eradicated my town and desecrated the Temple of the Raven Queen in my village because it was one of the rituals necessary to gain some macguffin connected to Nerull and Vecna. Raven Queen brought me back to stop him and do her dirty work but until his head is on a pike and I destroy the macguffin, I'm as immortal as he is.

Meaning that he won't ever be able to get back to earth if I teleport him straight up outside of earth's atmosphere, got it

Current party is the crew of a ship in a Sunless Sea-ish campaign
>Ship's doctor, morbidly curious about pretty much everything, also has pacifist tendencies
Good as dead, just a matter of when Jason catches up
>The cook, pissed off some god early on in the campaign and is now unlucky as fuck as result
Also dead
>Captain, super feeble but somewhat makes up for it by mcgyvering weird tech crap like tesla coil rods
Probably dead
>First mate, pretty good with a sword but also a glass cannon
Could do some damage, but a couple good hits and he's down
>Navigator/lookout, is a lot like first mate except can actually take a hit
One of the best chances of survival so far, could do lots of damage
>British gentleman chap hunter guy, hard of hearing but has mad shooting skills with a rifle
The only one with good ranged capabilities, would have the best chances to survive since he can hit really hard from a distance

Could probably beat Jason with about 50% casualties if the fight is on land. On the boat, TPK most likely since they're in the middle of a scary mindfuck ocean where you can't run anywhere. Also depends on how broken Jason is made for the encounter, since he even survived an FBI ambush where he got gibbed by explosives.

These threads are always awful.

Here's the thing; Jason is a horror character - his setting and the rules of the world he inhabits are completely integral to what he is as a character, remove them and it's a zombie in a mask with a knife.

Ergo, the only worthwhile way to cross Big J into other settings is to have him bring his own logic with him. Ergo you can teleport him into the sun and he'll turn up in your bedroom while you sleep; you can swing your sword at him and find your weapon ineffective, you can funnel him into a bottleneck with a sniper team, but then your radio blasts the sounds of death and dismemberment from the nest.

Both are valid, but one is objectively boring while one has potential to be fun. Don't be boring.

>Meaning that he won't ever be able to get back to earth if I teleport him straight up outside of earth's atmosphere, got it

>he never saw Jason X

Why don't you go fuck yourself you mongoloid trash?

>gets consistently beaten by random civilians

Yeah, nah. Quickly taken down and corpse completely utterly obliterated into nothing according to party SOP when dealing with anything with inhuman durability or regeneration. I'm saying this as someone that's fond of Jason as a character.

>b-b-but p-plot armor says that Jason can kill Superman and Goku and deities!

>These threads are always awful.
>Here's the thing; they're meant to provide humor due to the incongruity of your party finding themselves playing the role of horny teenagers at an abandoned summer camp. Nobody cares about whether or not you get upset and write a long post about how your PCs nuh-uh their way out of trouble. Don't be boring.

I fixed your post.

I was talking about jason threads in general, not just 'your party vs jason'.

>implying an immortal enemy like Jason even has Plot Teleportation given to him by the GM if he ever were to make it back into the game.

No, user. Jason would only conceivably be able to magically teleport back to earth if the GM of the game was That GM. Unfortunately for him, my group dealt with an unkillable ghost before by sending him into space forever, so dear old Jason has a snowball's chance in hell of getting back to earth.

Going the opposite way on the other hand is also kinda boring. As it ends up just 'Na-Ah, he wins'.

Nah, you just have to play by horror movie rules - IE all but one of your party dies and then you defeat him through a convoluted series of events.

If you don't want that response as much, pick a character that couldn't be beaten by a low level DnD party, let alone any characters in a setting with firearms and explosives. No, Tommy and Trish Jarvis aren't more powerful than a level 1 barbarian and level 1 rogue.

Well it's a Rifts party, so they'll be fine. And they have a Shifter, so the rest of the group can chill while he rifts Jason to the elemental plane of water.

>Complete removal of agency
>Fun
I bet you enjoy Trail of Cthulu

ITT autistic jasonfags screeching at the top of their lungs

>turn undead
well that was easy.

horror movie rules

he seems to operate by regular rules in freddy vs jason

so most parties would demolish him

I'm running Exalted. They'd trash Jason's useless ass in a round.

Because I'm simply not that flexible, and the shaft can break if it's bent too far while erect. Additionally, there's several health risks involved that would require far too much effort and sanitation before I could safely perform the action, even if I was able to do it.

Depends if we're working within the context of the rules or if I'm going maximum "lmao DM Fiat". If we're going by "it's a normal encounter" Jason would probably get fucked by everyone in the party and most of the important NPCs. The party from the top is:
>A Werewolf who can transform into a 10 foot tall wolfman capable of tearing a man in half
>A catgirl who can see in the dark and is a crack shot with her AK
>A fox girl gunsmith who dabbles in evocation magic
>A bunny girl healer/medic who can solve pretty much an injury with magic
>A russian, dwarven john wick

Considering the party is a small group of Ork Freebooterz and Orks are tougher/bigger/WAY stronger than the average human (and that's not even counting their gear)

I suspect one of the boyz is gonna have themselves a nice trophy if they end up running into Jason.

This doesn't seem like a terribly productive answer. OP is making an interesting thread to generate discussion, and you try to immediately dismiss it with a non-answer.

I've got a positron rifle, a pulse pistol, and a force blade that cuts through any matter that isn't protected by an energy screen like a hot razor blade cuts through butter that's already melted. And I've got a personal shield and a couple of grenades. So I'm not liking his chances against my character alone.

Nothing compensates -170 with surprise except big meaty weapon master bod.

Ehh, really depends on the order he goes about it.
There's eight players, seven with stands and one with some sort of artificial mecha-stand.

>Kinzie - B2B Combat Ally
Literally just a physical punchghost connected to her spine. Probably dead.
>Eddie Hale - Stylo
One of two in the party with a music-based stand. Either dead or gets everyone the hell outta dodge with his stand-powered cadillac.
>Tanja Ã…lfrau - Vulgaris Magistralis
Only one with a specificly retro music stand. Turns into a cross between Red Sonja and She-Hulk with her stand. Probably survives if she's got backup.
>Jowy Joule - 1st Sumeragi-Released Thunder
EMP fields everywhere. could probably hold him back for a while.
>Bailey Belmondo - Heart of Fire
Survives unless somehow disarmed. The Vampire Killer wasn't made for beating down Jasons, but it'll still pack a punch.
>Cecile Armstrong - G's Roar
Unless Jason can survive getting trampled by a fuck-off big golem with literal missile salvos as a regular attack, Cecile survives until his grief gets the better of him.
>Jojo Jolly - Pipotron's Theme
Dead. Mecha monkeys can't save him when they're that incompetent.
>Jonna Joukahainen - Sunset Cage
My character. Probably survives if there's someone to help her. Otherwise, she either dies trying to punch Jason out cold or the Sunset Cage somehow doesn't hold him long enough for her to escape.

Depends, can he maneuver in microgravity while chasing a thousand strong flock of few centimeters long microbots? I mean that's the only guy with an actual physical body right now.

Here's a scenario. You and your party are playing Call of Cthulu and investigating missing persons at a summer camp, you arrive and begin you investigation, but instead of finding eldritch horror you find Jason. What happens?

Nope.

My party knows how to FIX THE DAMN CAR.

Jump through windows.
Open all the drawers.
Zig-zag like ADD teenagers.
Call the cops, then stand at the edge of the park because you get more points that way.

You know, usual horror movie stuff.

>knockoff STALKER and an amerindian jackalman in a slightly higher fantasy version of Shadowrun
Unless the jackal can sniff him out quickly enough for us to react we're probably fucked. I never watched much Friday the 13th, has anyone ever tried to kill Jason with a grenade?

He telegrabs you and instantly breaks your neck

I think the artificial human who works as a bouncer in her free time could beat him if she was lucky. If they have their giant robots, then no.

I'm saddened that what was once a valid statement has become a meme.

Then we have a competent Jason, and I applaud the GM while stabbing him with a pocketknife.

We're all useless teenagers. If we had our stands, he's toast. If we don't, then we're toast.

I'm playing CP2020 and basically we're fucked

I literally have Not-Tommy Jarvis as a borderline Hero Hunter in my Chronicles of Darkness game. I don't know about the other fags, but I'm a-ok.

>mfw even killed a slasher one-on-one with a risked willpower called shot to its head with a machete

That sounds boring as fuck.

>LOL my super original OC is totally invincible, even if you kill him he comes back to life because he's so eeeeeeeevil!

Sounds like a shit game, especially if the DM uses Jason to kill most of the PCs. There are no winners in those games user.

Jason couldn't kill any of our part.

>run up to fully armored knight with a knife
>get thrown to the floor with european judo, decapitated and hacked to pieces
>party competently buries the body parts in different places because I've thrown things like Jason at them before

What are his physical capabilities besides "Strong zombie with Shadowstep"? Because given I'm a techpriest built for tanking stuff with warpmetal armour it's pretty unlikely that a machete can actually do that much to me, at least before I glue a meltabomb to his chest or light him up with my cutting torch. Rest of the party is unlikely to have worse problems. Plague Marine gives no fucks about pretty much any injury short of nuclear immolation, Sorceror and Dark Apostle both have power armour. He might be able to kill the renegade merchant who acts as party face when FORWARDS MY CULTISTS isn't desired, though.

Better question: could Caleb kill your party?

Hunter: the Reckoning

Assuming an NPC bites the dust first, or there are rumors about a previous set of murders, the PCs should be fine.

One calls up visions of the past, and catches glimpses of Jason. They wisely get the fuck out of the camp, and try to forget about the place.

The GM (me) figures out a way to make them go back, so they finally nut-up and make some plans. Probably try to learn more by either having the visions guy look into the past, or do his "invisible to monsters" thing to observe (which probably wouldn't work, unless Jason just walks around when he thinks he's alone).

The other PCs would figure out the teleporting stuff thanks to one ghosting around out-of-body, and would survive it thanks to a physical ward (which Jason would eventually smash through) and a power that causes lucky breaks. If they get cut and don't die, the EMT can help patch them up.

I don't actually know Jason's lore, so I can't say how they might eventually get rid of him, but it definitely wouldn't be in an open fight.

Also, they would be pissing themselves the whole time.

not a fucking chance

I'm running a sci fi campaign and for some reason everyone has a shotgun and one guy with sensory implants, so as soon as they spot Jason he gets cut into pieces by shotgun fire.

>We're all useless teenagers. If we had our stands, he's toast. If we don't, then we're toast.
but user, what if Jason IS a Stand?!?!?!?

The detective would probably worship him or something dumb. The Medic/Operator would hatch 'the plan' that involves a Wood-chipper, a 4*4 engine and a tank of petrol. The Inquisitor would shoot Jason in the head with his crossbow and get cut in half while reloading and shouting about how holy damage should kill him because he's undead.

Everyone dies, the final girl is the sarcastic NPC scribe who cryptically says "We lost contact with the last grouparound that Lake nobody comes back from. Go see what's up".

Revanent barbarian vs revanent paladin, thats what it comes down to

Yeah, they're just people, a bad fall could kill them if they got unlucky.

Having a Jason like enemy in a call of cthulu game could be awesome as hell. He could be a constant threat the party has to deal with. Probably tag some NPCs that he can kill to amp up the threat. Of course actually killing him won't be possible

Jason is pretty shotgun proof if we go from 6 onwards. He tanks four shotgun shots point blank, gets back up, chases the shooter down and folds him in half. Shit's whack.

Jason's powers are based on plot armor in his native medium, the Friday the 13th movies. That's a narrative convention and an aspect of the diegesis that only holds true in that medium, you can't just assert that it would also carry over to a new medium like tabletop rpgs.

Clearly it is not an inescapable fact that it must apply in any medium where he makes an appearance, as his ass can be killed in the Friday the 13th game and in Mortal Kombat X. If he can die to Quan Chi, he can die to my Pathfinder Qingong Monk.

His heresy would be purged with cleansing flames, while what is left of his tattered soul is expunged by the party psyker. The guardsman would die though, cause thats what he is good at/for.

Water isn't really his weakness, they shoehorned that into Freddy vs. Jason to give him a comparable handicap to Freddy's more canonical weakness to fire. In older Friday the 13th movies he hangs around in lakes and drags people down to kill them; he's as effective underwater as Jaws.

>Exalted
HAH! Jason gets fucking bisected without even a second thought; or spotted when he tries to tail us and an arrow is put through his head with enough force to split a stone in a castle wall. Then the Zenith burns his body with holy fire.

Now if he was an ABYSSAL, we might have a fight on our hands; that'd be pretty cool. He's plenty brute enough for Dusk, but he's also pretty stealthy, popping up out of no-where, so possibly a Day caste? What do you think?

>Running a Slasher oneshot this weekend.
I damn hope so.

Yeah, in part 9 he got blown up by a swat team. He just started possessing peoples bodies

Jason in space doesn't end well for people.

>I don't actually know Jason's lore

Lumbering zombie powered by anger at hot teens showing their tits and trying to fuck on his property, who responds to intrusion with murder.

tl;dr Land owner tries to keep college shits off his lawn in a state with Castle laws.

It actually worked pretty damn well once they sicced their robot on him. Then he just got a deus ex machina powerup and came back with robot strength.

Also, I play Exalted. Not only is Jason just plain fucked, even if you tried to bullshit in his own rules into the setting, Exalt's have powers to literally force other places to obey the laws of Creation.

Has anyone tried fucking him?

>half dragon summoner
>baleful polymorph
>rod of piercing
>30 CHA
>gg Jason

Feed Jason to a shoggoth

>Why do you keep spamming your passive aggressive non-answer?

Is this the new copypasta?