>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo

miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/magdarium/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I finished this guy last week. I posted him on the gunpla general in /m/, but looks like they are not really interested in the "painting" thing and went unnoticed. Smaller thing I ever painted.

Also, some months ago some annons asked me for a place to see other things I have been posting here from time to time. I finally made an Instagram some days ago and I'm posting a photo every day since then: instagram.com/magdarium/

Back. He's from the size of a keyboard key; I used a 000 W&N brush during all the process.

hot damn sonny that is really small, not even half a marine

looks pretty impressive for this size

noice

d'awww. I want one.

haven't pained in about 8 years, if I were to get back into it what should I start with (Space Marine wise) some Primaris? or manlet marines?

I remember the Dreamer you painted for Malifaux. Pretty fucking amazing.

Hot damn, user. That's impressive- you managed to even paint eyes on that beyond just dots. Is the Euro cent close to the size of a penny?

Any techniques or advice for someone looking to start painting 10mm miniatures? I'm so used to the 25mm scale.

So i painted myelf up a manlet to get a idea on what my rubric marines would look like when i paint them up like the ideas i had.

What do you think of that scheme? Too boring?

thin yer paints

Your painting skills aside it's not a bad colour scheme, but I'd maybe replace the gold with a metallic blue if you can get some

Does somebody here already tried to buy/paint a plastic Hero Forge model ?

Planning to order pic related has my low level Cleric.

is there a decent way to do this pattern by hand? I tried a few methods but they all look like shit

No flawless host painting guide .... awww nuts

get good

reposting, because this guy just came out right

>Planning to order pic related has my low level Cleric.
I don't want to rain on your parade, but that looks pretty basic. It's a bit hodgepodge in terms of eqipment, but you could probably get a mini with sallet and club from a bunch of different historical manufacturers for a fraction of the cost.

Can't really comment on the quality of the minis, but people buy custom bits for 40k all the time. I've seen some things printed in ultra frosted detail that looked nearly indistinguishable from the plastic bits after a bit of prepping. So it seems the print quality has gone up and if you put in some elbowgrease yourself it's a decent deal.

nice one user. Good job !

I still need to drybrush the base.

Why does mobile rotate the image wrong?

Hello.

decent paint scheme but pretty bad paint job, im guessing you may have rushed a bit since it's a test model.

I do checkers a lot which is similar to this and I sort of just use a thin brush and lot's of redos. I heard scoring the plastic with an exacto knife in the pattern you want can make it easier though but I have yet to try that.

Thanks for the input, this character is basic because I like to play humble guys.
But what I like about Hero Forge is that I can make all kind of characters. One of my friends' playing a paladin halflling equipped with an axe and a tower shield of her size, this is hard to find something like that in bits I guess, but I'll still look into that, thanks.

An attempt was made... I think I can get this to look good enough with more time. I used a ruler to put down strokes at equal distance, then just filled them in. I expected my jittery hands to be a big issue but you can work around it.

That's a pretty good start, should look nice with another coat. Why not use masking tape to block out the bits you want to paint red?

Pretty decent, just get rid of the bigger mistakes with a tiny brush and fill in the red a bit but dont do too much more or else you could mess up.

I tried with tape, but any raised surfaces make that a bit of a pain to deal with. I guess this also is a good way train a steady hand.

Picture is shit I know, but a little proof of concept. Regular marines are Primaris sized when put on Terminator legs.

in general, which army do you think is harder to paint?

>bright edge highlighting, gemstones, talismans, and trinkets
vs
>dark edge highlighting, flayed skin, gemstones, trinkets, skulls

There are easy to paint schemes for both.
You can also make it easier for yourself by only using washes and going for a gritty, weathered look.

Don't do what's easy, go with which one you like better.

I'm talking as a general rule. I was having a disagreement with a friend of mine over which army is more difficult if you're putting effort into them.

Finally finished my core set squadrons for star wars armada. Some ships look better than others because as time went on I cared less. Still don't feel prepared to paint the slave 1 though b/c that one needs too look good.

Then you are both fools.
It's as easy or as hard as you want to make it for yourself.
If you paint either on a golden demon level it's gonna be pretty hard either way.
If you just slob the tournament legal 3 paint minimum on it's gonna be easy.

It's a pretty pointless argument.

I mean obviously, but for example, no matter how much effort you put into a space marine, eldar and tyranid units are generally harder to paint.

OBVIOUSLY, if you just throw a few colours on the average model, it'll be easy, but when it comes down to it, eldar and dark eldar both have different layers of complexity when you actually put forth the effort to fill in the details on the models.

>tyranids hard to paint

>eldar and tyranid units are generally harder to paint.
That's wrong though.
Take any Space Wolf character who is gonna be covered in pointless greebles and a regular Eldar Guardian.
Either was Eldar and Space marines are basically the same, just smooth armor and the occasional bare head. I don't see how that makes any sense.
And Tyranids are easy to paint too.

Seriously how does that even compute?

I'm just gonna say it again: I depends on how much work you put into a paintjob.

If you two got an argument about who's had it harder painting his plastic men, I think you got other issues.
I may be a cynical ass, but this is some inane bullshit to argue about.
It's not a fucking math equation with only one right answer here.

harder than marines.

actually, neither of us play craftworlder.

Then why the fuck are you even arguing?

Rhetorical question I don't even wanna know.

so which faction is actually hardest to paint?

it started with my groaning at how ugly some space marine paint schemes(specifically, those hideous quartered off schemes) looked. He said it was just extra challenge for painters, and I suggested they just play another army.

it kinda spun off from there.

Nice Gundam dude!

Some user(s) posted few heroforge pieces a while ago, all had very visible print-layers.
Never got an answer on the print-quality they used, but those would've required lot of sanding/smoothing.

>hideous quartered off schemes
>Shitting up the thread arguing about which army is harder to paint
Please leave and never come back. At least post your shit paint jobs if you're desperate for inane conversation.

REMINDER:
If you have horrors and don't greenstuff over the eyes, you are a fagget

Reposting because no replies last time.

Does this guy look enough for a Captain/Praetor? I feel like he might be lacking something.

I like to have both mixed

goddamn im still a bloody begginer

Please tell me you are stripping that paintjob.

add a cape, everyone loves capes

Hi user, do you remember the color of the model ?

If you want hobby stuff for gunpla, go to /toy/'s threads instead of /m/.

>starting a new conversion
>relatively inexperienced
>project currently glued together awfully awaiting greenstuff to fill gaps and make tentacles
>tool for rolling tentacle patterns in the mail

I just want to be able to start filling gaps and making details so I can gauge how retarded I am for deciding to do this.

No.

Primaris captain but with giant axe based on the deathwatch thunderhammer.

Yes/no?

You guys seem to know a bit about his, so it seems to be an opportune moment to ask about.

I know there are detailing kits for these kind of kits, fans, air vents and other mechanical details on a sprue so you can add detail to your Gundams.

What are these things called?

I thought maybe it could be a useful thing for making sci-fi scenery, but I have a hard time finding anything I'm looking for. The market for these things is huge and I don't know what terms to search for.

it looks awful, the paint looks too thick and you've not got an even coat, also please tell me you're not painting straight onto unprimed resin

Found a bunch of my old paints, dumped the dead ones, and plan on revitalizing the rest.

What do they call 'Vermin Fur' nowadays? I need to go paint-shopping.

Depends, which generation you are talking about.
The hex bottle with white round cap? The old, old one? That's a brown.
GW currently makes a stormvermin fur that is a grey. They also used to do a vermin brown at one point that was similar to vermin fur. That was similar to Vomit Brown that was the generation with the stout hexpots with black cap.
The Vomit brown equivalent from VGC is Filthy Brown and the GW name is Tau Light Ochre, althrough the TLO one is not a close match I think.

So, I guess your best bet would be Filthy Brown from Vallejo Game Color?

Build the other four, tomorrow will be fixing minor things and gs work.

Is it that Greenstuff World set of grilles and guide bars? Got one, it's very useful for smaller wires and hoses and such for my Admech, but don't try really long cables with it, since it doesn't like having to roll things in sections and is generally really fiddly. What are you converting? Def. best part of WIP projects, the actual painting can be boring at times.

>triggering neckbeards
More like triggering anyone with good taste
Those look terrible

I recall one dark grey, rest were already butchered by paintjobs (but with similar print-layers showing).

the lower legs look way out of proportion

top row 3rd, is the best one since the large out of proportion shoulder armour at least balances out the lower legs

top row 4th looks wildly imbalanced

Ace.
Where I could find some similar pilots?

Does anyone have any imperial knights that they're working on? I can't get one yet so I want to soothe my itch by seeing someone else's

I for one like the bulkiness, paintjob will tell whats what.

This is the first model I'm somewhat happy with. No wash has been applies, and I haven't tried edge highlighting yet. Picture quality isn't great, only have my phone camera.

Lmao what the fuck

Yes.

Also I should point out he's obviously not finished, not even assembled, I just blue-tacked him together for that photo.

What am I even looking at here?

Triggerings were had.
Just do your models the way you like them, I'm actually enjoying how they're turning out.

Feels good to see something else than space marine #61326 with texture paint base and edge highlights.

but what are they user

Yeah, but the bulkiness is uneven and it looks retarded
>gigantic hands and feet with a tiny ass torso

Holestly the only thing that really bothers me on these is that they're nurgle shitters and that you didn't use other heads or sculpted hair onto them.

Also clean up your chop-marks where you removed the topknots. those look shitty.

consider some small sandpaper for smoothing out the pauldrons as well.

Chaos hellwright on dark abeyant conversion. Not using it for big cables, really. The biggest thing I'm probably going to have trouble with is massing cables at the base for "legs" like in pic related. Otherwise there are just a few portions where I'm not sure how to join pieces. Haven't done much work with greenstuff, but I'm hoping I can fashion a handle for a lance out of it for this, too.

I don't give a shit that they're girls, I just can't stand that Warcraft/Darksiders FUCKHUEG feet

Also your 'triggered! XD' attitude is reprehensible

You can wrap the greenstuff around copper wire and use the molding plates on it. Wait for it to cure some (enough to not take fingerprints) then bend them as needed.

How did you achieve that yellow color?

Its just averland sunset.

Thanks user.

Yeah, I got mine for DarkMech too. Mostly for joining conversion bitz together and adding detail to things, works well.

Somehow I did not think of that, I'll totally use that in future. TY user, will make adding greenstuff cables to my DarkMech Archmagos with metal body a lot easier.

Ooooh don't worry user.
My first green stuff project (right now) is a girlyman conversion into a chaos lord.
I gave him a talberd and a Kanabo instead of emperor's sword. It will turn out okay if you just don't rush it! You have tools for the tentacles too so it will be just fine.
It looks good in my head, the more important part is if you can make it look good based on your imagination. I'd say go for it.
>Picture quality isn't great, only have my phone camera.
>5248x2952
It's alright but work on the shoulder pads a bit more.

what the actual fuck? is this what happens when you cut before bulking?

I never got the demand for female space marines. Space marines (chaos included) are fucking boring. Make a female guard regiment or something.

not quite my thing, but I am pleased to see you enjoy working with your models in a way that satisfies you, user!

Not the creator, but I'm more reminded of female reploids from Megaman X.

And there's certainly appeal to them.

Space marines are the faction that gets the most attention by a huge margin. Half of anything interesting happens to them.

cape like the other user said

>And there's certainly appeal to them.
I'll just leave this here

That is a style I personally like.
For tabletop purposes CSM, assuming I would ever get around to playing the game. I felt this way they work better alongside all my Noisemarines (which are normal and boring.)
Number 4 issues will be addressed with the base.
What did you think I meant with fixing minor things and greenstuff work to be done tomorrow. There is no need to do something about the clipping marks, if I'm putting modeling mass above it anyways. Not sure about filing down the pauldrons though.

Add a fancy banner on the power pack.

I appreciate the effort but they're very Black Legion flavored and I hate Abby and his kids.

Also the rerebraces are too thick, or the vambraces too small.

I bet they're metal or resin monopose models, too.

Anyone here a professional sculptor or very talented enthusiast looking for commission work? I have a difficult cloak I want done and have moneys. Contact me at Boss#2436 on discord

THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN'