EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"The Moonrunes Have Spoke " Edition

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's your opinion on UBR Wizards tribal for fourth deck in C17?

Its bullshit

My hopes were dashed when I found out there was only 4 pre-cons and one of them is fucking cats.
I don't know what I was expecting, but I feel let down.

>Thread Question:
Depends on what's being printed in it. But at least it's a much better choice than Clerics.

Also, stop crying about not being a slivers deck, they'll probably print a lot of slivers next year anyway.

I think I would've preferred just 5 more color decks, but I guess this has been okay so far.
Grixis Wizards could be cool. The only one I can recall is Nekusar so, if the trend continues then the Legends in this deck could be neat.
Strange that they went with Grixis in the first place though. I would've thought they'd pick Dimir instead.

So are we sure about C17 decks? Wizards, Cats, Dragons and Vampires?

I wasn't surprised by the wizards. I don't think that I'm going to get any of the decks this year, but if I am, it's either wizards or vamps, depending if there's anything actually interesting cards

What's wrong with cats?

Jeleva and Marchesa are Grixis wizards too.

If you want a green deck, get the cats or dragons. they'll probably be the 'greenest'.

Stoked. I've been wanting a good tribal Wizard commander for a while now, so I'm glad I waited on building my wizard tribal deck. Definitely grabbing it when it comes out.

That first line was meant to quote .

So they are.
I guess what I was trying to say was, when I think Grixis, I think demons and/Bolas. Wizards are more firmly blue, with maybe some black I think. Red wizards doesn't seem as common, but I could easily be wrong about that.

How do vampires benefit from white and red? All the good vampires are in mono black but olivia.

Have you ever tried to make monoblack vamps? They are like 10 creatures shy of a creature base. Not to mention not immediately folding to artifacts and enchantments from red and white.

Burn and Madness for red and lifeplay for White

Honestly if it's Wizards, it makes more sense as Grixis instead of Dimir. Dimir would be good for zombies and rogues, while demons would be something more to the Rakdos side.

>If you want a green deck, get the only ones featuring that option
You're not wrong, but come on.

I do and its pretty good. I run around 25 vampires and run other value creatures like sheoldred, gary and bloodgift demon. And yeah I guess lacking enchantment and artifact removal is an inconvenience but I still wouldnt try to go Mardu making my mana base more inconsistent just for that.

>What's your opinion on UBR Wizards tribal for fourth deck in C17?

Aetherborn wizards

There arent any good madness cards for vampires.

Which lifegain cards in white? Black already has two blood artists, sanguine bond, gray merchant and kalitas.

How do you get things in your graveyard?

What things to you like to get in your graveyard?

Who is your favorite general to turn your graveyard into the RAVEyard?

Mirror-Mad Phantasm, Auras, Bruna.

>How do you get things in your graveyard?
Mana Severance + Balustrade Spy

>self mill, wheels, entomb
>etb abuse
>Alesha, the giggling tranny

It just seems like a dumb complaint. Blue got 'shafted' just as hard.

>How do you get things into your graveyard?
Wheels my man. You wheel your hand or use looting effects. Nothing's better than dumping your hand then reanimating your buddies. Necroplasm is also fantastic.

>What things to you like to get in your graveyard?
Big stompy creatures. Gary and Massacre wurm are some of my favorite targets, but I also like Abhorent Overlord, Bane of Bala Ged and Geth.

>Who is your favorite general to turn your graveyard into the RAVEyard?
Ironically, I usually run commanders that have nothing to do reanimating, because I like it to be a surprise. If people see it coming, they sideboard against you.

I like to get dread return, anger, Kiki jiki, Cinderhaze Wretch, and Necrotic Ooze into my graveyard. Malfegor is the best.

Wait wait wait, what am I looking at here? Do you pitch all your lands, and then deck yourself?

There is only one correct answer.

You pitch all your lands except one. Then you dump 90% of your Library into your GW.

exile all lands, get everything in graveyard, then use this

That's a dirty trick, but it costs a fair bit of mana. Perfect for labman or Mimeoplasm combo mill. I appreciate that.

Ixalan is going to have W as one of the colors for vampires, that´s why it´s in

spoiler that shit user

Always remember that we have a skeleton inside each and every one of us.

I just want to let them out.

dredge, hermit druid, splinterfright, buried alive, nyx weaver
>What things to you like to get in your graveyard?
giant creatures and things with ETBs
meren because i am unoriginal

Unless Edgar does something totally shit, youre gonna want him as your commander just for the eminence ability, remember Oloro was good and all he did was gain life, with admittedly a better color combo but I doubt Edgar's eminence will be stronger than Oloro's. You can still just be a mostly black deck with splashes for white removal and red whatever as you dont actually have to cast edgar.

>What's your opinion on UBR Wizards tribal for fourth deck in C17?
boring as fuck but will probably be the best of the bunch

>but I doubt Edgar's eminence will be stronger than Oloro's
I meant edgar will probably have a better eminence

Buried Alive, Entomb, shit like that. My favorite way is skipping my first turn to discard a big creature to immediately Reanimate on turn 2.
>What things do you like to get in your graveyard?
Gray Merchant is bae merchant. Also It That Betrays, Sidisi, the works.
I use Kokusho, though he really doesn't contribute much to the overall strategy besides not having to use a tutor to find him. To actually answer the question though, The Mimeoplasm.

>UBR Wizards
Now that I think about it, I'm glad to be wrong. Clerics are a pretty boring tribe. There's also a lot more potential for throwback legends in Wizards. Off the top of my head, Gatha, The Weaver King, and Ludevic 2.0.

I just want Vedalken Aethermage reprint.

In my opinion, Cats are still relatively fresh as far as a tribes go. I'd rather wait for them to mature more before we get a precon for them.
Meanwhile, I would have liked to see Snakes, Warriors, Soldiers, Elementals, Spirits, Clerics, or more which have been around forever and could still use that boost the precons give.
I like the choice of Vamps and Wizards, a bit iffy on Dragons but I'll accept it, but I do not like the cats.

And I wouldn't mind them as much if we were getting a 5th.

"We considered reprinting Vedalken AEthermage, a key card in nearly every wizard deck, but found that referencing slivers in a set without slivers caused new players' brains to explode"

>Vedalken Aethermage
its a 17 cent card that probably will have worse art because its not going to have the futuresight border
why would you want this?

>Cats
>Newer than Snakes

???

Snake tribal is as old as Kamigawa, while actual Cat tribal support isn't that old.

What the actual fuck are you saying.

Grixis Wizards seems cool, i'm wondering what red wizards they'll put in.
I dont like the cats, dragons seem like fun and Mardu Vampires are gonna be sweet.

Sorins. And you can play tibalt, everyone wants to play tibalt right?

Dualcaster Mage.

what does tibalt have to do with vampires? he's a devil

to be fair thats literally a single card printed
there was as much support for cats back then as there is for contraptions right now

and there arent even any contraptions printed as of now
where as snake tribal was actually supported heavily in nip.set

he can trigger your madness cards. It was a bad joke.

That's the only Cat tribal piece from back then. Snakes had a larger amount of support.

>buried alive and selfmill
>big guys
>m..meren

You guys think wizards will actually put any worthwhile reprints in the new commander decks or no?

now we just need a way to give it tap: create a copy of this card
haha

>You guys think wizards will actually put any worthwhile reprints in the new commander decks or no?
yes
im preordering them asap just for that reason
I hate tribal but theres going to be bank in these decks

>back then
>that's the same as now
Are you some kind of 9th dimensional autists that exist outside of time?

>he isn't
Snakes still have more lords and support. FUCK CATS!

>supported heavily
>a few awful lords

And elves have WAY more lords and support than snakes. FUCK SNAKES!

they always do.
im thinking tribal focused cards will see reprints. Patriarchs something, urzas incubator, etc, not to mention some strong cards.

Well yeah but Elves are mainstream shit.

WE DONT NEED MORE FUCKING ELF SUPPORT

>Mardu Vampires
If the legend is Edgar I will fucking pee.

FREE HIM

>the
We get several, judging by the Dragons.

the claim that there was tribal support for cats before snakes is like saying there is currently tribal support for riggers/contraptions >a few awful lords
its more than a few and they arent awful

>the claim that there was tribal support for cats before snakes is
True. It's a true statement. Stop being willfully retarded.

No other vampire legend could be as cool as Edgar fucking Markov.

Yeah, so what I'm saying is that he's a shoo-in with the prospect of several Mardu commanders.

I really hope we don't get another ludevic/ulrich when it comes to him.

Jesus, Portal 3 was retarded.

Going by the other things we might get
>Cat Vampire
>Dragon Vampire
>Vampire Wizard
>Dragon Wizard
>Cat Wizard
>Cat Dragon (Already done)

and others sprinkled here and there
>Dragon Spirit (already done)
>Human
>Spirits
etc

having one card that cares about a tribe =/= tribal support in any meaningful way

Youtube begs to differ.

>Meowsferatu
>Mewrlin

The wizard legendary will be Memnarch Reforged

How is it not? One card is still a support towards the tribe. There's no rules specifying a minimun amount of cards to count as tribal support.

>tribal support isn't tribal support if it's not the tribe i want!
You are a fucking child.

Oh fuck stop hyping me you cunt

>Buried Alive, Volrath, Vish Kal, global hand destruction
>Distended Mindbender, Saffi Eriksdotter, Sun Titan
>Karador because Junk is the Funk

Edgar Markov being a cat vampire would be hilarious.

its Inala, Archmage Ritualist.
Speaking of her, does she have some existing lore? Edgar, Ur Dragon, Wasitora, Ramos, Taigam etc. They all have SOME lore.

As for the other commanders inside...unsure

just kidding, it's Lim-dûl

GOD DAMNIT REEE SSHUT UP

>tfw played rofellos and gaeas cradle last cube
i know why he's banned but damn that was fun

by that logic Face-down creature tribal predates both of them
I dont consider having a single card that cares about a tribe "tribal support"

No, she'd be an OC like some of C16's commanders.

In C16, all but two of the new legends (Saskia and Tana) were from a known plane. Nahiri wasn't named before her card was released, and Daretti was mentioned once in a Conspiracy story, while Teferi and Freyalise were major figures, and Ob Nixilis grew even more important later on. Lore status isn't universal.

she's a powerful womyn?

You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is still subjective.

>by that logic Face-down creature tribal predates both of them
And?
>I dont consider having a single card that cares about a tribe "tribal support"
I don't really give a shit if you have a problem with reality. You're objectively wrong.

I thought Nahiri was named just never depicted, and people thought nahiri was Stoneforge Mystic (but was later corrected to just be a random Kor)?

Vial Smasher was also name-dropped before C16 dropped.

mills 'n' wheels

creatures

Lazav, dimir ravemastermind

Deck tech for a non cancer Atraxa? I'm trying to not just pillow fort super friends and do more with +1/+1 counters.

its not really that hard man just google it. theres only 3 real ways to build her