Emperor's Children Faction Focus Edition

>Emperor's Children Legion Trait, Stratagem and Psychic Power
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/31/legion-focus-emperors-children/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising Edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

brokendicegods.com/single-post/2017/07/30/Legion-Focus-Emperor%E2%80%99s-Children
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So I'm making an Alpha Legion primaris successor, and allying in a Vindicare seems appropriate, especially since Alpha Legion famously use regular human operatives.

But how should I model him?

Has anyone tried to find pics of Legion traits on the community site?

Chaos players what are you doing to contribute to the war effort? codex bearing reinforcement is coming for the imperium. Find a grey store in your vicinity and cap that bitch! Every model painted is a fresh coat of icor for your favorite plague marine! Every battle won is another skull for the mantel of your best zerker! Get in there fight the good fight and provide a new bottle of astroglide for a slanneshi ass hole! Every strategem point spent for the effort is a "Just as planned." For your favorite lovcraftian blob/bird hybrid!

I love emperor's (naughty) children.

But do I crimson slaughter more?
I wonder what their rules will be.

If a drop pod deep strikes, can you disembark that turn or do you have to wait until the next one?

Posted at end of dead thread, but do big models ALWAYS need bases?

I've got a fuckton of Kataphron and it would be easier to just go without bases for transport/modeling/play purposes, and I know Nids and shit to it all the time. Is it a problem for measuring if I just set the doods down and use model to base for distances?

No matter how many threads you post this in, it won't change the fact that your losing. Ypu'd be better off asking xenos what they're doing, since they're the only ones who seem to be able to pull chaos out of utter ruin

Any thoughts on what the Alpha Legion rules will be like?

Is Gaunt's Ghosts considered to be canon or is it Fan fiction tier?

That was a wierd era how they were being pushed so hard by GW in the fluff only for GW themselves to not release those chaos chosen models or any fucking support for them whatsoever

You can always have some Noise Marines in your Renegade Armies.

I'm trying!
I lost three games last weekend.

I don't know what I'm doing...

THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT GW!?

HAX. I CALL FUCKING HAX.

You have to measure like a tank in this case, from the center of the model instead of from the edge of the base, I think.

It's perfectly fine. Nothing game breaking, but not completely useless.

Keep going user! We'll give them what for!
Not for long sweetie.

So Slaanesh is getting squatted any day now... Right guys? R-right?

Any models embarked in a drop pod must immediately disembark once it deepstrikes, but they too must be more than 9" away from the nearest enemy models.

That's what I mean, I can have my cake and eat it with crimson slaughter.

But what if something cool and unique to ECs comes out? or that they're more fun to play with their powers and stratagems?

I'll just have to wait for the codex release to decide.

Pretty sick... analysis here 108 dice

brokendicegods.com/single-post/2017/07/30/Legion-Focus-Emperor%E2%80%99s-Children

Whatever you say faggot. Astaramiz has only gotten more and more under imperial control over the day, and despite 4 days of fighting, chaos has yet to get any territory under majority chaos control at all.

apparently not.

After being ignored and excluded for so long they're suddenly getting lots of love.
Plastic sisters soon??

How come melta bombs aren't in Index: Chaos for CSM? Is that a deliberate change or are GW just incompetent?

Chaos players at my local store are gettin' krumped HARD. Prior to Saturday's megabattle it was roughly Imperials 96, Xenos 46, Chaos 4.

We 3 or 4 Ork players show up at that megabattle (myself included), and da boyz had to play (for Chaos) because the store was so lopsidedly in favor of the Imperial scum.

Imperials won the megabattle, which I'm fine with since Chaos needs to get its shit together without asking the greenskins for help all the time anyway.

Either scout deployment or vanguard movement pre turn 1 as a guess.

>very effective against horde armies that get many charges off
>easy to deny outright by just charging with a select unit each turn

nice. new combat mechanic opens up a lot of design space.

Greater good > all.

Yeah it's game breaking like smurfs but it's decent enough

Canon, everything is canon.

Most of the time you are:
1) the one that charges, so the Trait as no effect
2) You get charged, and has a minor effect (or nothing if it's only one unit). If 2 units it's basically a free Counterattack stratagem, which is cool but nothing sensational
3) You are stucked in a one sided combat where one of the two will simply fall back

There are situation where this trait is amazing, but that's the thing. It's nice but overall situational.

>which I'm fine with since Chaos needs to get its shit together without asking the greenskins for help all the time anyway.
This. It's fucking pitiful that the first campaign about imperium vs chaos, in the edition supposed to be about imperium vs chaos, has ended up being imperium vs xenos

You seem pretty upset to be winning user. Where did the cultist touch you?

It's just like storm of chaos.

Also consider the generic 'Veterans of the Long War' stratagem.

+1 to wound. You'd have 4d3, S8 ap-3 D3 damage which hit on 2s, and wound most vehicles on 2s or 3s.

You'd also have 108 S4 shots which hit on 2s, wound most infantry on 2s or 3s with no cover save.

Very strong.

>people getting seriously upset over this dumb GW event

? The fuck are you on about. It's to as suspected given the Daemons of Slaanesh rules.
More importantly someone leak all the shit at once to force another rushed cover my ass Warhammer Community post!

>Posted at end of dead thread, but do big models ALWAYS need bases?
Models use the base the came with, with the exception of model releases which were reboxed with different base sizes over the years (e.g. space marines). In that case you choose the size you prefer.

Goes to show that GW better not take its Xenos players for granted
Chaos can't even win its own battles

>point out chaos has been doing horribly thus far and shows no sign of anything changing that
>lol you mad

If only we could get konor to end with ghazzy headbutting abbadon into the 51st millenium. That would be an outcome most of the participants would be happy with I think.

But after SoC and FoK, I think GW needs to wake up and realize chaos isn't nearly as popular as they think

So this is why they focus the most on space marines.

use the bases they come with or you are modelling for an advantage. In this case it makes them harder to target or charge.

>applying a "only infantry and bikes" Stratagem on a Defiler

Initiative 5 was pretty much "attack first" anyway, so this isn't really that big a change to Slaanesh marines.

They open the campaign during a space marine release and knowing that Imperial outnumber Chaos by a large margin.

So on top of the big numbers of the Imperial players, they will get points for buying the new releases. So please be truthful about what's happening on the ground. Even with full xenos support (which Chaos isn't getting), Imperials would win the first planet anyways.

>But after SoC and FoK, I think GW needs to wake up and realize chaos isn't nearly as popular as they think
That would be fantastic.

Also, is there any way to avoid overwatch fire?

Thank fuck for these new detachments, I've always wanted to run a full stealth tau army and now I can

'Uh. Tink yooz onto sumthing der.

>Also, is there any way to avoid overwatch fire?
Charge from out of LoS or or out of weapon range

Charge them from around a corner = no overwatch.

Imperium 2 indexes
Xenos 2 indexes
Chaos 1 index

WTF do you expect?

Just not a very sporting attitude user.

Stop being delusional.

We had a four way battle in AoS. Chaos, Destruction, Death, and Order. Guess who won by a ridiculous margin. Order. Why? Because they had the most players. It was followed by Chaos, then Destruction, and Death.

If Xenos were allowed as their own factions in this campaign, they would score worse than Chaos.

M8 we train people for the sole job of shooting our own men. Imperium and sporting ain't two things thst go together

I am struggling to think of what to use these for, tau don't really do the whole melee thing.
At this point they'd be diorama pieces.

Be a banshee or one of their reiver sons.

>but when you previously might of had no chance of a save
>might of

Actually, the Ultramarines and those from their geneseed have shown noble sportsmanship towards the Tau in the fluff.

You are aware that 40k and AoS are two entirely separate games and that the break down if the player base of one does not in anyway indicate what the compostion of the playerbase of the other is, right?

Have an inquisitor jump out and go 'Boo!' at them with psychic powers.

Because GW likes making both those look good
Naturally they'd whip out a grudging respect undertone

>noiselets need to cast a psychic power to get what Nurgle gets for free

NOISELETS ON SUICIDE WATCH

the middle one was made to proxy as a sister of silence since they became a very popular allies choice for tau.the others might cut it as Firesight Marksman

I guess Cato Sicarius didn't get that memo.

Use them for melee, as their ranged firepower is pitiful at best.

He also didnt get out of the warp

The only non-Kroot melee weapons are Equalizers and Honour Blades. I'd call them Ethereals with Honour Blades?

Historically, Order always wins in 40K and Fantasy campaigns simply because they have the larger numbers on their side. The breakdown is pretty much the same. People flock towards the good guys.

When has a xenos/non-human faction ever won in a global campaign? You keep bringing up SoC, did you know that the Orcs didn't win shit in SoC? Grimgor being there to headbutt Archaon was totally randomness by Gav Thorpe?

Least complicated way is to charge with your Transport first and let it absorb the Overwatch. Sure you still take Overwatch, but on your T7 W10 Rhino that's not too bad. Then once the Rhino/Trukk/Venom/Whatever is stuck in you charge with the actual damage dealers.

Regular vindicare with hydra tatoo

These guys are fucking retarded. They can,t even read what the stratagems apply to

WD says the gk codex will have 32 datasheets. The Index only has 28. One could be the GM Babycarrier. What about the other three? Forgeworld dread, lr, and razorback?

Lel
Is there more of that?

Pretty sure this is b8, but whatever.

Bitch I play Death Guard and I'd kill for something that can whip out the dakka a squad of Noise Marines can. The fact that they can also make themselves as tough on demand is great, never mind the fact they can put their Psychic Power on a unit of Bikes, which Death Guard can't even field, let alone give Disgustingly Resilient to.

Well, there is some.

You are supposed to use the base supplied, but most people probably won't care especially for kataphrons which are almost as big as the base anyway. Just add half an inch to your measurements or something.

There's a reason base size must never be smaller than normal, and measuring to the model would make it impossible to shoot your unit even though it would technically be in range had you used the base like you were supposed to

Use them as an opprotunity to reflect on your poor decision making

>GW didn't restock the noise marines or update the kit for the launch of chaos marines in 8th

fuck guess it's time to convert some noise marines. plasma guns with wire, vents, and eyes should work but i haven't finished my last conversion.

markerlight is the part of the top

that's pointing at the grenade launcher

Not using glorious china

>Cultists have both the HERETIC ASTARTES and LEGION keywords

GUTLESS MORTAL NORMIES GET OUT OF MY LEGION
YOU NEVER EVEN STORMED THE WALLS OF TERRA
YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A GENESEED
YOU CAN'T EVEN SPIT ACID
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Puny laser
>Points to the noob tube

Fucking Munitorum jobbers I swear to the Throne...

>ethereal lead through ass n titties, not farts
Makes far too much sense for 40k.

That's what the t'aunar is for user.

Yeah ok noob here. I've played a couple 750pt games on vassal with a couple mates (tau and IG) and I have an issue. List:

>TROOPS

>5x Rangers (100pts)

>5x Harlequins (123pts)
>>All harlequins embrace
>>Fusion pistols x2

>ELITES

>5x Fire dragons incl exarch (125pts)
>>Firepike

>HQ

>Warlock (37pts)

>HEAVY SUPPORT

>3x Dark reapers incl exarch (102pts)
>>Missile launcher

>TRANSPORT

>Starweaver (99pts)

>Wave serpent (164pts)
>>Twin bright lance
>>Shuriken cannon
>>Crystal targeting matrix

Both games have been on the domination obective, and I've won both by having the reapers camp on a backfield objective and rangers on a midfield one all of the game.

Problem is both games I've been very close to being tabled, with harlies and dragons both being obliterated after jumping out of their transport, slaughtering one thing each - and then being entirely unprotected against all of the enemy's shooting.

So basically I'm scared of what'll happen when we roll up a gamemode where I can't just stack up on points by camping on objectives or when they manage to put the midfield objectives out of range from cover. Besides, it doesn't feel that good winning when all that's left are the reapers after the mainstay kamikaze'd themselves turn two or three.

What can I do? Change the list? How do I avoid dragons being left out in the open or harlies falling out of combat?

You know, Spellcrow has sonic guns that look pretty sweet. And also guitars, for your needs of making an 80's glam metal slaaneshi warband.

>emperor's children cultists swing before astartes
Kek.

>YOU NEVER EVEN STORMED THE WALLS OF TERRA
>implying the Night Lords did
>implying they weren't just fucking around torturing civilians/Solar Auxilia outside the Palace whilst avoiding the actual fighting

Bah, the Legion keyword on Cultists is like one of those runes of ownership from Blade. They're not part of the club, they just have a tattoo showing anyone whose bitches and snacks they are.

>Bitch I play Death Guard and I'd kill for something that can whip out the dakka a squad of Noise Marines can
Anyone who wastes the stratagem on noise marines is a fucking retard. You want to use the stratagem on something that's carrying extremely powerful weaponry, like havocs. The only time it's really useful is when you want to clear out a horde, but even then flamer chosen do just as good a job for cheaper

>STOP YOU HERETIC, IT TICKLES

If they wrote the rule as 'in melee, treat all units with this Trait as if they charged this turn', would that make it more clear, or less clear?

Not from Regimental Standard but I always liked this one.

Charging grotz swing before 500 year old AELDARI WARRIORZ with 100000 times folded Wraithbone steel.

Well, Xenos could use a little more love.

Pff, my Commissar assured me that the munitorum is right about this!
and I don't want him to send me to Captain Catachans Extreme Jungle Training Camp

That's the power of space cocaine.

Too bad bozo! You're already in it!.

>and I don't want him to send me to Captain Catachans Extreme Jungle Training Camp
Expressing dislike of any of the generous offers of training and self improvement given free of charge is a violation of imperial law gaurdsman. Report to your commisar for appropriate punishment

>runes of ownership from Blade

Holy fuck, I need to add ownership runes to all my cultists now.