I've been wanting to get into savage worlds for savage RIFTS

I've been wanting to get into savage worlds for savage RIFTS

What books do I need to get?

What books should I get?

You need the Savage Worlds Deluxe corebook and the Savage Rifts Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide. If you want to run Savage Rifts, you'll also need to pick up the Savage Rifts Game Master's Handbook and Savage Foes of North America. The Savage Worlds Science Fiction Companion is useful but not necessary, as is the classic Rifts corebook, which has a ton of useful lore in it.

I really would not suggest playing Savage Worlds. It is a badly designed system with terrible meta-mechanics that encourage not only metagaming but ending session early, it also makes it near impossible for characters to fail at anything. The gun mechanic are broken, and literally do not make sense. The only thing it is good for is being a miniatures wargame, and it even sucks at most of that. Exploding dice make stupid shit happen constantly, the damage is way overkill for 90% of the threats allowing characters to one-shot massive creatures with tiny weapons. On the other end, characters literally cannot fail, because they have three bennies per session which allow them to reroll whatever the fuck they want (not damage rolls, to be fair, but still). And the GM is told he is a piece of shit if he doesn't hand out more bennies for "good roleplaying" (in other words, stupid nat20-lolz bullshit). Also the characters get to roll a wild die with their normal roll and take the wild die if it is higher, thus making them even less likely to fail at anything. Not to mention the cancer of the bennies being basically a safe-space for retarded character actions, CAN and WILL spread to other RPGs you play with this group. Just count down the sessions until your character asks during D&D after failing a roll "can I have a bennie"? No, get fucked faggot. Failure is an important part of RPGs and Savage Worlds throws that shit out the window.

I wish. In my Deadlands campaign we all constantly fuck each other over with our bennies and it's hilarious. Savage Worlds is like GURPS and FATE in that you as the players and GM have to do a little work to make sure everything is nice and balanced how you want. For example, we added a stat called Dodge that is the ranged version of Parry and works off Acrobatics. Between that and being smart enough to use things like cover the game is fine.

It sounds like you are looking for something more gritty and down to Earth, which is fine, but SW is about crazy pulp and high action. It's a power fantasy game. If you are looking for something grittier though, might I suggest the Fantasy Flights Warhammer RPG line? Dark Heresy is my favorite, but any of them could be reskinned to fit the tone you are looking for.

>this shit posting lower is still at it

If you play Savage Worlds in a group that isn't composed of immature retards you'll do fine, and all math on dice probability shows that your other complaints are crap.

>Stop liking what I don't like.
Fuck off.

Hey not OP, me and my GM are looking into savage worlds right now, we just picked up deluxe edition.

how hard is it to play over roll20?

Savage RIFTS is best RIFTS
You'll need the Savage Worlds Deluxe corebook
Savage Rifts book
& Savage Foes of North America
Also maybe rumage through other Savage Worlds books for whatever looks nice. RIFTS is literally a kitchen sink setting so feel free to steal anything from anywhere. Hell i snuck Commander Vimes into a campaign i ran for a short time

Hey user, are you okay? If you wanna talk I'm here for you, rough week or something? My week's been crazy too

You're really going to respond to that?
Really?
I don't understand why you're concerned. It can be played really well purely descriptively.

cards, chips, and other such things I'm assuming

>and all math on dice probability shows that your other complaints are crap.
Wrong. A shotgun is objectively overpowered compared to a rifle. 3d6 averages to 12.6 damage versus 9 damage for a rifle. Also, three-round burst is broken shit, a +2 bonus to hit is broken as fuck, it turns a shitty militia man into a master marksman. By that logic, a Somali soldier switching to 3 round burst suddenly becomes a master marksman because that magical 3 round burst makes his bullets swerve onto target. It's fucking bullshit.

No, you fuck off. Stop shilling Savage Worlds on this board. Especially Savage Rifts.
They could not possibly have chosen a worse system to reboot Rifts than Savage Worlds. I mean, it's hard to pick a system worse than Savage Worlds in the first place. In terms of generic systems there are FAR better options: GURPS, Cortex, and FATE, to name a few. Savage Worlds takes a decent core mechanic and lumps on a shitty wild die that is arbitrarily assigned because "muh plot" and fills the character with bennies that require the player to know all of their uses to use effectively. Not to mention, Benny effectiveness is heavily dependent on session length, so if you don't play the recommended 4 to 6 hours the game becomes wildly unbalanced. The game is full of garbage trap options like in D&D 3.5, the chargen is basically minmaxing Flaws like in GURPS except worse, shotguns are brokenly powerful giving a flat +2 to hit which in this system is basically only missing on a 1. They also do broken-ass damage because of exploding dice. The exploding dice also turn combat into a slogfest occasionally punctuated by someone actually dying; usually from a fucking ridiculous amount of damage. I played Savage Worlds for a good three years now. Never will play it again, it is an arsed system that is half narrative bullshit, half autistic wargame, and entirely terrible.

They could have done a lot worse bro, I mean they could have used Palladium RIFTS

oh, well if you want pure r20 technicals it specifically has card initiative for savage worlds. I'd recommend against the auto character sheet roll buttons though, take up huge swaths of the chat. Instead use the inline and type shit like fighting [[d8!]] wild [[d6!]]

Savage Worlds can EASILY be made grittier by using the fucking gritty damage rules. I have no problem with pulp. I have a problem with bullshit that makes no sense, like a shotgun making a character 50% more likely to hit by default. Or metagaming shit like bennies. That's not pulp and "it's pulp" is not a defense because bennies have NOTHING TO DO WITH PULP.

Palladium RIFTS is literally better than Savage Worlds. I've played both systems. I'm not even being ironic here.

I really like GURPS

Is there a gurps conversion?

Statistically? Maybe, wih proper DM Fiat & control. Ease of use? Hell no

>Shotgun +2 to hit
Well golly me it's almost like its a fucking movie shotgun in a movie system. You've seen movies with shotguns in them right?
Besides have you tried to not enter melee when someone has a shotgun?

Just a thought. But dealing pistol damage at no penalty to hit, while in most long arm short range brackets isn't all that super. In fact it's dealing 2d6 no penalty in the same range bracket of every rifle except the spencer (2d8 or 10), assault rifle (2d8 + your dreaded bursts), and every machine gun (2d8+1 on average).

So hey look at that, every other gun outclasses shotguns so long as you don't engage them at 12 inches. Also enjoy a full reload every other turn.

You don't know what broken means do you? The shotgun only does that at very close range, and the burst is good, broken; it is perfectly functional.

Being saved by a bullet hitting your lucky locket isn't pulp now? A hero powering through things on fate and will alone isn't pulp now?

whats wrong with you

Holy shit. I always suspected you were that assblasted cretin from the Rifts threads, the one painfully butthurt about the fact Savage Rifts got more discussion, and now here's the proof.

DISREGARD THE FANBOY EVERYONE

>ease of use
What you are trying to say is, you are a brainlet who can't understand a system with any semblance of complexity. So you'd rather play a babby handholding system like Savage Worlds that has damage out the ass with the exploding dice but you can "soak" it with magical fairy faggot points. Sure buddy, whatever you want. It's up to you, it's your game. Savage Worlds is absolute arse. The reason that so many RPG players are lulzrandumb shitheads now, is because games like Savage Worlds give them reroll points out the ass so they can go "haha just kidding" and bail themselves out of their stupid shit. Then turtle for 2 hours. Also a shit group would not be the only ones to not get into a major battle without bennies: it's ANY competent group. It is quite literally like going into a combat in D&D 4e without any powers available. Why would you do that? It's stupid from a player perspective but from a character perspective (who aren't aware of their powers) it makes total sense. So you force the players to intentionally make retarded decisions, or else try to come up with an in-game excuse why they wouldn't. So it either leads to your group getting killed by the FUCKtarded combat system that is entirely balanced around the goddamn bennies, or you metagame and end up with turtling bullshit, and you can't really be mad at your players because they are just acting intelligently so that the entire group doesn't get wiped out. If you are the kind of DM who would force shit on the players that doesn't even make sense, just because they are not moving forward because they don't have any more of the currency that the game system fucking RELIES on and is balanced around, then you are a worthless fucking piece of shit. You are worse than those GMs who run shitty grindhouse AD&D games and cackle and stroke their peener for going "lol you take 90 damage and die XD" out of nowhere. You are shoving the most broken mechanics up the PCs' asses. Fuck you.

Nothing is wrong with gurps

Except for the fact that you weren't wearing a lucky locket? Also you can use a benny to soak 3 hits in a row. There's no fucking time spacing between it. You're telling me 3 bullets hit your lucky locket? Fucking bullshit, even full retard Matrix-tier autism superhero movies don't go that far. Shut the fuck up. You could have at least gone with the argument that soak rolls mean the bullet actually misses (which doesn't account for why it's based on fucking vigor, but neither does your shitty locket excuse), but you didn't, Vigor-based = the bullet hit you and you are struggling on despite it. So yeah basically you are getting shot dozens of times but not taking wounds for it. So it's just extraneous bullshit because they didn't want to put more wounds in the game and because they thought that "well maybe I shouldn't reroll this check because I might need it to soak damage later" was a compelling choice, even though a character has NO fucking knowledge of this and thus bennies ARE METAGAMING and thus mean Savage Worlds is not a roleplaying game, it's a shitty narrativist storytelling system. You cannot make decisions for your character fairly when you have knowledge they don't have. And I don't mean "lol I know advanced math and my character doesn't," I mean shit like "yeah I know I shouldn't go into this fight but my character doesn't so here's a nice conflict of interest, thanks a lot Savage Worlds." The bennies are unnecessary and are used to plug up holes in Savage Worlds' game design. They are useless shit. They don't need to exist. You cannot give ONE good reason for why bennies exist. All you can say "ha well I like them and that's the only argument I have so there lol I'm gonna keep playing Savage Worlds and you can't stop me faggot lololol" and be like every other shitty Savage Worlds fan who can't get the D&D boner out of his mouth and thinks he is progressive and shit for playing a game with metacurrency.

Of course Savage Rifts gets more discussion. It casualizes it. That's like saying "hmm you're just assblasted D&D 5e gets played more" well it's a casual system for casual gamers. I don't give a fuck. If OP and his group are casual players and want to play a shitty system like Savage Worlds, then that's fine with me. I'm not saying the original RIFTS system is any good, it's clunky as fuck. But I'd rather play it than this watered down bullshit. At least the system was tailored for the setting, unlike Savage Worlds which is generic bullshit (all generic systems are shit, deal with. A tailored system is ALWAYS better than a generic system, get over it). But no, let's all play Savage Worlds even though it's stupid 21st century nu male metagaming shit with special reroll points you get more of for "roleplaying" (i.e. doing shit that makes the entire table burst into laughter, pounding the table autistically and making the microbrews almost spill and getting bits of the foam in their carefully trimmed beards, and having to take their thin-rimmed glasses off to wipe their reddened faces before going off in the other room to calm down their wife's son because the raucous laughter woke him up). Yeah sure, that's "roleplaying." That's "good roleplaying." No, it just turns the game into a stupid fucking comedy competition instead of something with an actual story that anyone would ever give a fuck about. Fuck anyone who plays these games for "fun" because they are invariably autistic fuckwits who want nothing more than laughter and ridiculous shenanigans that they can post on /r/rpg for mega upvote karma. And Savage Worlds puts the bennies down to fellate whatever the fuck you want to do and give you a free reroll point to bail you out of it. And if you fail again that's fine you can always bully the DM into giving you another benny for that hilarious way you tried to suck the guard captain's dick. If he doesn't use Rule of Cool then he's a bad GM, after all.

Well I am looking for a gurps conversion

If that is worth anything.

Maybe autism speaks just a little too much, tone it down before you give yourself an aneurism.

>All these people responding to copypasta
The fact that he says that FATE is a better option for RIFTS (Or anything for that matter) is proof that he is just trolling.

Put your trip back on Virt.

>You've seen movies with shotguns in them right?
Yeah you faggot fuck and I've seen people MISS with them too. Whereas in Savage Worlds a group of thugs with even d4 shooting hit a target in the open 75% of the time. Give them d6 shooting and they can hit targets behind cover with that. Dont' give me the whole "lol every situation has 10 million modifiers" cockshit, the whole "lol well remember this hypothetical fight I said nothing about is ALSO taking place in full darkness so that's another -1" bullfuckingshit that you Savage Worlds fans always try to pull to justify you continuing to slobber Hensley's knob. Fuck off. The fact that simply wielding a shotgun makes you a shitload more likely to hit is not just unrealistic, it's flat-out un fucking believable. That means if someone pulled a shotgun on Indiana Jones he was pretty much doomed to get hit.

>Besides have you tried to not enter melee when someone has a shotgun?
Who said anything about melee? You dumb fucking cunt, it's HARDER to get hit by a shotgun if you are in melee because they are rolling against your parry. Have you even read this fucking game? I'll assume you mean CQB but honestly I'd rather just pull out an AR-15 and put 5-6 shots in them in rapid succession. However shit aim is shit aim, you can't just hand a Somali with a 65 IQ and the coordination of one of the donkeys he fucks, a rifle with 3 round burst and suddenly his accuracy gets remarkably better. That's not realistic even for a pulp setting, don't even fucking lie. Savage Worlds is bonus-happy in a small range of numbers it operates in, resulting in stupid shit like this. A shotgun just plain isn't that good in CQB. Try pulling the whole "lol if I was in a CQB I'd use a shotgun" shit, go ahead and try that on real people and they'll BTFO you with their AR-15s. Yeah, the shotgun spread is not that much, it's a fucking inch per yard, that's not a +2 bonus you mongoloid. That's the equivalent of a fucking +8 in D&D.

>So hey look at that, every other gun outclasses shotguns so long as you don't engage them at 12 inches.
The point is that shotguns are not that good in CQB, Savage Worlds not only fell for a meme, it stretched it to such ridiculous proportions that it is laughable. Also you are yet to explain why 3 round burst isn't complete bullshit. Because I guarantee you anyone who knows a single fucking thing about real life firearms, who understood what 3RB does in Savage Worlds, would laugh their fucking asses off.

There isn't one. At least not an official one. I would suggest asking in the GURPS general thread:

>Thinking you cant dodge a bunch of bullets in Pulp Fiction
Say that again mutherfucker I dare you, I double dog dare you

Soak rolls are NOT dodging bullets. They are based on VIGOR. What, you gonna say you're trying to be so TOUGH you dodged the bullet? This is just like the retard threads where they say "how does one fluff the use of Constitution to make an attack roll." No. Fucking stop. Constitution is not an attack stat. I am sick to death of Veeky Forums's bullshit post-hoc rationalization for shitty game mechanics. They do it for D&D 3.5, they do it for D&D 4e, they do it for FFG star wars and FATE, they do it for Savage Worlds. No, a Vigor roll is make when you are HIT. The bullet HAS HIT you, you cannot change that faggot. Stop thinking that just because you post a movie that actually has "pulp" in the game, that that somehow lends your argument credence.

>every other gun outclasses shotguns so long as you don't engage them at 12 inches

Guns are OP in general. Any long as you're a decent shot you can drop pretty much anyone who's isn't taking cover or have a way to fire back.

Which... okay yes, it's pretty how it goes in RL. But it feels kind of like it goes against the games tone of two fisted larger then heroes. SW seems like the sort of game where you should be able to bring a knife to a gun fight.

U mad bro?

Take cover and avoid open ground. Wildcards stand a good chance of surviving a desperate charge across open ground.

>Thinking unwieldy, bolted-on mechanics from ages past is a measure of intelligence

If you are going to bitch about shotguns in Savage Rifts can i bitch about mini missle launchers in Palladium RIFTS?

>Why would anyone not take 2d6x10 damage?
Wah wah, something insulting, wah wah, So unrealistic, wah wah.

Nah, bro I spent a benny. That bullet didnt hit.
Kinda like your argument, it just got soaked.

First you RREEEE about how can dude soak 3 hits, now you RREEEE about using stats inplace of other stats... you gotta calm down bro. Just because the dice explode doesnt mean you gotta.

>If you are going to bitch about shotguns in Savage Rifts can i bitch about mini missle launchers in Palladium RIFTS?
No, as he is legitimately autistic to the point where when it comes to Rifts he will insist that the original system is somehow better than the Savage Worlds version.

No, its a system specifically designed to emulate the source material that meme is derived from fuck wit. Same reason the katana can literally cut through steel beams. Because if you're playing in a pulp game and some ching chong foreign sword guy shows up that might just happen.

I know there are several fixes for this already, a lot of them in game books but this guy keeps forgetting to bitch about shotguns.

Hey OP, are you still here? Please dont be scared away from the crazy, Savage Worlds is a fine system & does what it was designed for. Savage RIFTS is a fun & awesome game.

I think crazy guy is op. its the only explanation for how he can always so quickly shit up these threads. Like some misguided attempt to drum up controversy so people actually have something to talk about.

We'll have to pay attention to the unique IPs next time.

>Nah, bro I spent a benny. That bullet didnt hit.
Except spending a benny doesn't negate a hit. Spending a benny allows you to make Vigor roll (which represents toughness) to shrug off the damage. It still hits, fuckwit. You just don't take a wound.

mini missile launchers are fine. If the pellets in Savage Worlds shotguns were guided to the target by super-tech, that'd be one thing, but they aren't. You're making the "magic/high-tech exists therefore other things not making sense is okay because WURLD MADE OF MAGIC you have no argument fgt lol" argument, which itself is complete bullshit.

>Savage Worlds is a fine system & does what it was designed for.
It doesn't matter if a game "does what it is designed for" when it (1) doesn't EXPLICITLY lay out design goals in the CORE RULEBOOK (not your post-hoc interpretation of what the game is meant to do, and (2) changes its "design goals" post-hoc to fit whatever gay shit the game turned out to emulate.

Nah bro, I spend a benny

Im assuming this is a savage worlds general.

two questions.

1. is there a helpful discord?
2. is there enchanting in this game?

Okay user, shut up & listen.

Do you know why three round bursts exist in real life? Its so you have a greater chance of hitting the target in the short window you take to aim & fire. It was designed explicitly to make sure you put a buĺet into your target. One bullet is enough to kill, the US government did not invent the three round burst so they could whittle through HP, they didnt do it because more bullets means more impact. They did it because you just need one to hit to make a casualty.

A shot usually depicted in games & movies is buckshot/birdshot. Buckshot/Birdshot has spread. Do you know why it has spread? Its because a goddamn pigeon can be a difficult target so you want to make sure you hit the feathery bastard. This is why it has spread. To make it more accurate.

So go take your fucking meds & go fuck off somewhere. OP needs information & you are about as relevant to this thread as your dick is in your sexlife

Depends on what counts as Enchanting. A TechnoWizard can make some magic items. Does that count?

There is a design manifesto on the publishing site dumb dumb. The whole buck savage character and you know every written example.

Hit and passed through missing anything important, yeah it hit you in the head but just grazed your cheek I bet an alternate reality you is super dead right now, and of course lucky locket.

ill look into techno wizard in a minute. but i mean like making my sword covered in fire, or making my shield automatically float

i mean permanently

Me again, is there a helpful guide for breaking down Savage worlds? for newbies?

Do you mean in Savage Worlds proper or Savage Rifts? There's enchanting in the Fantasy Companion (the fanmade supplements by Zadmar include some rules as well) and there's technowizardry in Savage Rifts.

I feel it's worth noting that buckshot and automatic fire give bonuses in plenty of games. GURPS for instance.

Basic savage worlds

basic reading comprehension

But he doesn't become a master marksman. He becomes more likely to hit a man sized target at close range, and will still suck shit once range, darkness, etc. start to apply.

but I'm willing to grab any books if need be

Your entire post is just ad hominem and stating of the obvious. Please go on /k/ and start a thread where you talk about how shotguns' spread makes you 75% more accurate and how three round burst helps soldiers be more accurate. Please do. In the meantime you're a fucking retard who thinks that a three round burst should give a +50% accuracy bonus. You're a fucking joke, like all Savage Worlds apologists.

>Nah bro, I spend a benny
So you're just shitposting now. Okay, fuck off.

Fantasy Companion has rules for magic items, and there's Zadmar's savage worlds stuff (which I highly recommend for any sort of fantasy game).

>Hit and passed through missing anything important, yeah it hit you in the head but just grazed your cheek I bet an alternate reality you is super dead right now, and of course lucky locket.
Yeah but the point is your "lucky locket" didn't get hit 3 times. Also you need to spend money on a new one after that if you want your bennies back. Also how does this work for grenades? You can take a literal TOW missile to the face in this fucktarded game and be fine.

>He becomes more likely to hit a man sized target at close range, and will still suck shit once range, darkness, etc. start to apply.
It's the D&D equivalent of a +10 bonus. From switching firemodes. Even GURPS doesn't have automatic fire making you 50% more accurate.

OP, don't buy or play any of this shit. Play MiniSix instead, it's an actually competent system that isn't full of benny bullshit like Savage Shit.

>please go on /k/

Kek. Like they know squat.

I'm not that guy, but who cares if its realistic? It's basically functional, and accomplishes the intended purpose of making shotguns and short bursts worth using; both things that a lot of games have issues with (tending to make shotguns entirely worthless and anything less than spraying all the ammo forever pointless).

It's a game, not a simulator.

Are you really this fucking pedantic? The point of them is that some contrivance saved your ass, something that happens regularly in pulp. You don't need to buy a new locket because it's fucking fluff, and has no mechanical impact on the game.

>Kek. Like they know squat.
They know more than you you stupid fuckwit.
> It's basically functional, and accomplishes the intended purpose of making shotguns and short bursts worth using
Okay I'm going to make a d20 clone where using a shotgun gives you a +8 to hit. Just so that it's worth using. Okay?
>It's a game, not a simulator.
Not an argument, you worthless cunt. Stop using the "wurld made of magicc" excuse for everything. It's not a simulator but it does need to be realistic. Just because other games make shotguns shit, doesn't mean Savage Worlds making them OP bullshit is okay.

Keep apologizing for the game's glaring problems. Let's see you try to explain next why AK-47 deals MORE damage than Garand or G3 despite firing a LESS powerful round than either one. If you use the 'wah wah not realistic" excuse again, then you're just outing yourself as a fucking retard. If I could push a button and give everyone who plays Savage Worlds cancer I would do it in an instant. Hell even if that included me, even though I don't play anymore, haven't touched this shit game in years. It'd be worth it.

Mini Six isn't a complete game, has its own balance issues (look at the ability scores and tell me they're all that well balanced), and has its own version of bennies.

It's a good game, but it isn't half as versatile as Savage Worlds.

>You don't need to buy a new locket because it's fucking fluff, and has no mechanical impact on the game.
No. If you use that as your excuse, the locket is gone and you need to buy a new one. Deal with it. You can't have your cake and eat it too, fucking faggot.

If you take 3 wound from 3 separate sources, you should probably not use the same description of events each time. Its almost like you're a bland and boring gm or something.

How's that game where you sicked a god with over 40 toughness on your party specifically to tpk them going?

Yes I remember you.

>Mini Six isn't a complete game
Yes it is. At least it doesn't jew you by making you pay 20 bucks for each new setting supplement. Savage Worlds is incomplete, if anything. MiniSix stats are fine. It's plenty versatile, I've used it for plenty of things. You don't have an argument. I

>If you take 3 wound from 3 separate sources, you should probably not use the same description of events each time
Okay so come up with some more, faggot. It's your job, not mine. I'm not the fucking DM here.
>s almost like you're a bland and boring gm or something.
Did you not hear me? I am not the GM. Stop using shitty ad hominem to cover up your lack of argument.

>They know more than you you stupid fuckwit.

Some do, most don't.

>Okay I'm going to make a d20 clone where using a shotgun gives you a +8 to hit. Just so that it's worth using. Okay?

Is it balanced with the rest of the system?

>Not an argument, you worthless cunt.

Answer me a question: would your father and grandfather be proud of you if they saw how you're acting right now, child?

>Keep apologizing for the game's glaring problems.

Not catering to your tastes is a mark in the game's favour.

>Let's see you try to explain next why AK-47 deals MORE damage than Garand or G3 despite firing a LESS powerful round than either one.

Either a typo or a glaring oversight. Mistakes happen.

>If I could push a button and give everyone who plays Savage Worlds cancer I would do it in an instant. Hell even if that included me, even though I don't play anymore, haven't touched this shit game in years. It'd be worth it.

Listen here you parasitc little cretin, grow the fuck up. It's a game, get over it and aspire to something beyond making everything around you worse because you hate yourself.

Then a different contrivance saves you next time.

>Yes it is.

It's a basic framework, but you're going to need to go beyond it to do anything in depth. It has no guidelines for making new vehicles, monsters, items, or even most environmental hazards and doesn't include such a robust generic framework as fate to conceivably abstract them along a consistent framework.

>Okay so come up with some more, faggot. It's your job, not mine. I'm not the fucking DM here.

I did exactly that, already.

Also Charm is absolutely a dump stat.

Either use the etu shotgun and shut the fuck up, or go play ops an tactics if you can't be arsed to take the literally less than 1 second needed to house rule a gun's damage. Oh but you're not the gm so you can't do that right? Surely if your complaint were so important, and the gun was so broken even though the best shotgun in the game blows its load entirely in 1 round and requires extremely close range. Then surely your gm would listen to reason wouldn't he? I mean, unless you're just full of shit.

I also want to point out that your constant hissyfits in these threads aren't about to persuade anyone of your viewpoints. They only serve to make everyone aware of what a petulant child you are.

Wait nearly forgot it also requires a seasoned edge and complete lack of movement to get to that point.

And double barrels are legit the best shotfun in savage worlds, especially if you're playing deadlands. There is 0 sarcasm in my posts.

That makes no sense, if you have your cake whats stopping you from eating it?

k thx fgt

That would only be true if your locket was a hellfrost norn charm. Why would your locket suddenly vanish in a puff of smoke just because a bullet was lodged in it?

because he's a spiteful faggot?

hey dude, its kindof difficult to teach children every game. it would be nice to get a helpful guide even if its only a little help

I dunno, I love this guy I been gigglin my ass of for fifteen minutes picturing him frothing at the mouth in a squealing fit as he makes an ass of himself, oh what if he "reeeeeeeee's" himself into a stroke, the medics what found him would be torn between pissed at having to saw him out of his parent's basement, and pissing themselves laughing at his novel length hissy fit

Seriously the book might be formatted like ass, but the rules are strait the point, literal in their wording, and pretty simple.

There are a few small fiddly bits, but if you're a beginner they will likely never show up, or can easily be ignored for 4 years until someone in the group reads the book front to back. Savage worlds has a forum with a man named clint on it who is literally paid to answer any questions you can't judgement call for yourself for some reason.

Seriously if just reading the book doesn't do it for you, this might not be the best hobby for you.

The test drive rules have the basics.

What are the top books for Savage Worlds regardless of setting?

There's not really that many Savage Worlds core books. The core book, and the Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, and Superpowers Companions.

That isn't really how it works user. Outside of the generic companions, all of savage worlds' books are designed to hone the game to run a certain type of game better.

Hell frost is one of the best setting books around for example. Not because its a super awesome inspired setting or anything, but because it might as well be the defacto fantasy companion having taken from and updated many of the rules you'd find within that much older book.

For the generic companions there really isn't so much a best as each book has great ideas, and shitty ideas. Like horror can be used for a buffy the vampire game, even though the majority of the rules in it clearly ape call of cthulhu especially its "if you're fighting it you're already fucked" monster/cursed item design.

Or like the fantasy book, it's outdated but it has great advice for making mechanical trappings, a large d&d style magic item list, but on the flipside its alchemy rules are straight up broken by design (if you steal an alchemist's backpack you can literally permanently steal their powerpoints), and much like horror there are some specifically ruin the players day style monsters.

Scifi is a great book over all, but missiles as written serve no real purpose outside of emp warheads, and the prices included are fucking jank bullshit especially in the custom robot/vehicle creation rules. Feel free to make a micro jet piloted by a drone that not only is a better missile for cheaper, it can also do an impossible to soak amount of damage by ramming things. Buy a robot that sits on your ship and emails you bennies. Buy a robot that violates special relativity with an acceleration of instant, for cheaper than the cheapest of space fighter.

Zadmar's fanmade stuff is awesome, it smooths out many of the issues with the system.

So it doesn't talk about much but what do people think to the magic and power system?

It's all point buy and everyone uses the same spell list. But different origins and backgrounds give different recharge rates and total number of powers available.

So a classical wizard would know dozens of spells but only get a few you spell points per day. While a super hero style Muant might have only 1 or 2 powers but has dozens of points which he gets after a few hours.

So if your character is called spider boy he still is just using the web and spider climb spell as far as the rules are concerned. He just gets to do it more often then Gandalf because that's his thing

Good Lord, man, you are completely deranged with hatred. Get a grip.

Kind of. Look up Rifts 2112.

A Savage Worlds questions as I'm thinking of running Deadlands for some friends. It's about the Vow Hindrance.

Can anyone give me an example of a Major or Minor Vow? And also, can I use the Doomtown tokens as Bennies?

I don't know what the Doomtown tokens look like, but I don't see why not.

A Major Vow is something like being sworn to slay (x group) on sight regardless of the cost to yourself: it's going to come up in game repeatedly and is extremely dangerous. A minor vow is something like finding your wife's killer: it can be sidelined for a few sessions, and isn't especially dangerous unless he turns out to be a seven-foot swole Marshal with an entire town at his disposal or something.

>a robot that sits on your ship and emails you bennies
What? How?