What's your favorite homebrew monster you've created, Veeky Forums?

What's your favorite homebrew monster you've created, Veeky Forums?

Post the stats

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12130366/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hydrogen-Based Life
(Frozen worlds below -250° F or Gas Giants)
live on land ( desert)

Trappers
They often have an advantage connected
to their trap mechanism, like
Binding or Tunneling, and frequently
have a fast-acting Innate Attack or
Affliction to subdue victims (on Earth
this is usually poison, but aliens might
use electric shocks, acid, or psionics).
They may have racial skill in
Camouflage, or some form of
Chameleon ability.
Slithering
No Legs (Slithering) disadvantage.
On low-friction surfaces like water,
ice, or loose sand, creatures can slide
along. This is especially useful if one
can get help from gravity and thereby
achieve high speeds without expending
any energy. This would be Terrain
Adaptation (by terrain), or a 1-point
perk (built-in skates), which would
then require a racial skill level in
Skating or Skiing. Sliding can be combined
with sailing (below), and probably
requires walking or some other
form of locomotion as a backup.

size and size modifier 3 yards (+1)
weight ; 675 pounds
str = 17,544106429277196393040724160828

assimetric
1 limb
1 set of manipulators with Bad Grip
internal skeleton
scale (Armor shell (DR 5))
Lungs (air-breathing) with Doesn’t
Breathe (Oxygen Storage)
Cold-blooded (no disadvantage)
Continuous Growth
Extended Lifespan 3
two sexes

live bearing
Cannibalistic Young (young implanted in
parent, fatal to parent)
1d offspring per litter,
Median Strategy: 1d offspring per litter, moderate care after birth
Colorblindness*
Normal Hearing* (primary method of comnication)
Human-level touch
Normal taste/smell
iq 6
permanent pair bond
solitary

normal chauvinism
Uncongenial (quirk)
Single-Minded
Normal curiosity level
normal egoism level
normal empathy
Hidebound
Fearfulness 2, Paranoia (if carnivore)
No Sense of Humor

Monsters stop being scary when they become statblocks

I don't have access to my catalog of cryptids right now but I made Jason Voorhees earlier today.

You're missing the stuff on him and his Mother's head or weakness to her likeness and visage. Also him becoming enraged if he discovers it is a ruse, and how his resurrections relate to his birthday being the day of bad luck, and Mortal Kombat registering him as effectively "Strongest fucking Revenant in the multiverse"

By this Point, he's a batshit insane admixture of rules for Flesh Golems, Zombies, Revenants, vengeful spirits and even rules for lower planar outsiders with possession.

It is all of course depandent on how he comes back which also determine variance in type, subtype and stats.

Also, at this point he's got border demigod like strength, can crush skulls, lose arms without worry, survives many an Industrial accident, though still has that amusing fear of Garden equipment since them being used on him, barring the time he was also a Psionically reanimated Undead and was more unfeeling than normal, using like bladesaw once. He's still not good with dealing with modernized stuff though, buzzsaws are his limit, but if it's an active tool like a sandbelt, he'd use one.

To note, the more human he is, the more likely he's got his older phobias and weaknesses (Drowning).

He's also enraged/pretty effective at gaining advantage when someone is attempting to roll to seduce, it's his killer cue.

There's a game called Tales of Majeyal that has a class named the Cursed, which turns someone into a slasher killer with powers relating to auras and debuffing people to make one seem like a powerhouse in certain situations and the like, looking to that for interest in adaption is an idea.

Also, Freddie is still around and the cut scene with Post Slaanesh pinhead is something you can look into.

You should stat his chosen hockey mask for hardness or any mask as he is very used to hiding his face per his life's deformities more undead he is, the less he cares, and also for the like of means it gets removed and activates it's ability I.E acid damage.

But effectively, on Jason's bad Luck table there should be a Never fucking leave his corpse near anything capable of applying a template, transformation, or means of resurrection and, anyone dumb enough to try and control him will end up skewered in the end.

Lore checks on him are all but unknown to the highest degree, they guy is effectively a ghost after all.

And don't forget his beloved shack.

Not exactly homebrew, but still, I have a lot of fun with Anima's creature creation section.

The name of the race is altis

They don't dream, but can know the amount of time passed since they slept, while they are sleeping.

They can sleep at moment no matter if they are tired or not and this happens in a instantaneous way.

They need to sleep 21 hours per day. If at the past 24 hours the altis spent less than 21 hours sleeping, they will fall asleep no matter what they are doing.

Altis can wake up at any moment they want while sleeping, as long at the past 24 hours they spent 21 hours or more sleeping.

They can sleep as much as they want, or as few as they want (but remember previous stuff).

Its impossible to wake up an altis while he is sleeping, he wont feel pain or wake up because of noises.. This doesn't mean he is immune to damage and etc.. just that he wont wake up because of pain.

This is gold, I tried to keep it relatively simple the first time around with the intent of leaving these things up to GM interpretation, but I can always revise.

>Speed 25 ft
It should be 10ft while on PC's field of sight and 10000000ft while not in the field of sight

What can these things even do?

Is it a good system?

D&D 5e
land shark
they have fins like rock formations and glide through rock like water like an elemental would. they are ambush predators that stalk cave systems.

You..."homebrewed" a bulette?

no a bullet dosent have a fin and dosent stalk caves. it also dosent trick players by looking like a rock formation. also these are supose to be lower lvl foes for adventurers (the campagne there from is very cave heavy) and bulettes are not exactly lvl one foes

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Forgot the stats, but in Traveller I wound up rolling up what was essentially a tiger-tier giant predator that also hunts in packs of 5-10.

wait just a goddamn minute here

I came up with a ritual for Unknown Armies that animated a pile of styrofoam packing peanuts which could be used as a sentry or guard dog of sorts. It's innocuous, moves relatively silently, and seems harmless until it slithers up your body and fills your lungs with itself.

The stats got lost when the UA fan site shut down.

user, in all but the absolute lightest of systems the monster is going to have to interact with the rules at some point. What are you even trying to say.

>inb4 d&d a shit
I got a dude called the flasher. Basically this fungus thing on 3 spindly legs that flashes when its scared. Thought it would be cool as more of an encounter hazard than a real enemy.

It's very front-heavy and crunchy, and the combat can get a little slow with many characters, but I enjoy it's flexibility and balance in character creation way more than I ever enjoyed D&D/PF.

Awakened Vampire Watermelon
Small Undead
HD: 1d12 (6 hp)
Speed: 30ft (6)
AC: 20 (+1 Size, +1 Dex, +8 Natural), touch 12, Flat-footed 19
BAB/Grapple: +0/-4
Attack: Slam +4 (1d4+4)
Full Attack: Slam +5 (1d4+4)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Blood Drain, Children of the Night, Dominate, Create Spawn, Energy Drain
Special Qualities: Alternate Form, Damage Reduction, Fast Healing, Gaseous Form, Resistances, Spider Climb, Turn Resistance
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +3, Will -4
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 16, Con O, Int 2, Wis 3, Cha 5
Skills: +4 Bluff, +4 Hide, +4 Listen, +4 Move Silently, +4 Search, +4 Sense Motive, +4 Spot
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes
Environment: Haunted Gardens
Organization: Solitary, Pair, Vine (3-5), or Blood Harvest (1-2, plus spawn)
CR: 3
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Advancement: --
Level Adjustment --

Blood Drain (Ex)
A vampire watermelon can suck blood from a living victim with its, ahem, fangs* by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the vampire watermelon gains 5 temporary hit points.

*More like slightly sharper than usual stubby edges.

Children of the Night (Su)
Vampire watermelons command the lesser creatures of the plant world and once per day can call forth 1d6+1 Shrieker Fungi, 1d3 Violet Fungi, or an Assassin Vine as a standard action. These creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve the vampire watermelon for up to 1 hour.

Dominate (Su)
A vampire watermelon can crush an opponent’s will just by looking onto his or her eyes. This is similar to a gaze attack, except that the vampire watermelon must use a standard action, and those merely looking at it are not affected. Anyone the vampire watermelon targets must succeed on a Will save or fall instantly under the vampire watermelon’s influence as though by a dominate person spell (caster level 12th). The ability has a range of 30 feet.

Create Spawn (Su)
A humanoid or monstrous humanoid (or plant!) slain by a vampire watermelon’s energy drain rises as a vampire spawn 1d4 days after burial/planting. If the vampire watermelon instead drains the victim’s Constitution to 0 or lower, the victim returns as a spawn if it had 4 or less HD and as a vampire if it had 5 or more HD. In either case, the new vampire or spawn is under the command of the vampire watermelon that created it and remains enslaved until its master’s destruction. At any given time a vampire watermelon may have enslaved spawn totaling no more than 2; any spawn it creates that would exceed this limit are created as free-willed vampires or vampire spawn. A vampire that is enslaved may create and enslave spawn of its own, so a master vampire watermelon can control a number of lesser vampires in this fashion. A vampire watermelon may voluntarily free an enslaved spawn in order to enslave a new spawn, but once freed, a vampire or vampire spawn cannot be enslaved again.

Energy Drain (Su)
Living creatures hit by a vampire watermelon’s slam attack gain two negative levels. For each negative level bestowed, the vampire watermelon gains 5 temporary hit points. A vampire watermelon can use its energy drain ability once per round.

Alternate Form (Su)
A vampire watermelon can assume the shape of a grapefruit, jack o' lantern, harmless plant, or assassin vine as a standard action. While in its alternate form, the vampire watermelon loses its natural slam attack and dominate ability, but it gains the natural weapons and extraordinary special attacks of its new form. It can remain in that form until it assumes another or until the next sunrise.

Damage Reduction (Su)
A vampire watermelon has damage reduction 10/silver and magic. A vampire watermelon’s natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Fast Healing (Ex)
A vampire watermelon heals 5 points of damage each round so long as it has at least 1 hit point. If reduced to 0 hit points in combat, it automatically assumes gaseous form and attempts to escape. It must reach its garden within 2 hours or be utterly destroyed. (It can travel up to nine miles in 2 hours.) Any additional damage dealt to a vampire watermelon forced into gaseous form has no effect. Once at rest in its garden, a vampire is helpless. It regains 1 hit point after 1 hour, then is no longer helpless and resumes healing at the rate of 5 hit points per round.

Gaseous Form (Su)
As a standard action, a vampire watermelon can assume gaseous form at will as the spell (caster level 5th), but it can remain gaseous indefinitely and has a fly speed of 20 feet with perfect maneuverability.

Resistances (Ex)
A vampire watermelon has resistance to cold 10 and electricity 10.

Spider Climb (Ex)
A vampire watermelon can roll up sheer surfaces as though with a spider climb spell.

Turn Resistance (Ex)
A vampire watermelon has +4 turn resistance.

Rat King
Size/Type: Tiny Magical Beast (Swarm)
Hit Dice: 6d10 (33 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 15 ft. (3 squares), climb 15 ft.
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/—
Attack: Swarm (1d6)
Full Attack: Swarm (1d6)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Distraction, Assimilation
Special Qualities: Half damage from slashing and piercing, low-light vision, scent, swarm traits, Telepathy
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3
Abilities: Str 2, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 12, Cha 2
Skills: Balance +10, Climb +10, Hide +16, Listen +6, Move Silently +8, Spot +7, Swim +10
Feats: Alertness, Stealthy, Weapon FinesseB, Dodge
Challenge Rating: 6
Alignment: Lawful Evil

he's prolly referring to things like this Nightmare on Mars
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12130366/

Combat

The Rat King uses its powerful psionic abilities to manipulate others into fighting its battles. If the fight is brought to it, however, it uses common swarm tactics to fight.

Distraction (Su)
Any living creature that begins its turn with a Rat King in its square must succeed on a DC 15 Will save or be dazed for 1 round. The save DC is Intelligence-based.

Skills
A Rat King has a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, and Swim checks. A Rat King can always choose to take 10 on all Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. A Rat King uses its Dexterity modifier instead of its Strength modifier for Climb and Swim checks. A Rat King has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Assimilation (Su)
The Rat-King can influence the behavior of the weak minded. Those who enter its realm (line of sight and effect are not necessary) fall under the effects of a Suggestion spell (DC 18). Those who make the save are immune to the effect for 24 hours. The Rat King can attempt to Dominate (DC 20) a Suggested person once per day, letting one of the rats making it up go with the person and relay orders.

Telepathy (Su)
The Rat King can communicate with people within its realm. There is no will save for this, duh. A Rat King's personal space also expands to fill its entire realm, meaning it can detect the presence (but not absolute location) of anyone in its realm. "The realm" is as big as I need it to be, because I'm the DM dammit.

sleep.
can you even fucking read?

I've got some variant dragons I've been thinking about putting together. Smog dragon and sonic dragon are definitely on the list, and I've been toying with the idea of some kind of swarm dragon. It's made up of some swarm of tiny creatures, maybe animating a dragon skeleton, and the breath attack is the swarm dragon releasing a whole bunch of the tiny creatures which peck, bite, or sting at the target.

I'm planning a game setting inspired by the American west, and I gotta have me some Skinwalkers. I was thinking I would have original flavor Navajo yee naaldooshii just be evil druids, but I'd also like to have the modern /x/ version represented as well. Thing is, the more I think about it, the more I figure it's just a doppleganger with slightly different flavor. Maybe give it slashing damage instead of a slam attack.

Mostly I just really want to hand a player a note that says "you've been skinwalked, your goal is now to lure the others away one by one to get skinwalked themselves".

It has the body of a lion, but with five serpents as head, two gorilla arms as its forelegs and a tail like a scorpion's.
Its an aberration caused by the kidnapping of the goddess of life and fertility. In her absence all women became sterile and aberrations have started to pop up everywhere among animals and plants.
It only affects beings designed by that goddess. Meaning monsters, outsiders and sentient beings not designed by her, are all unaffected.

For Exalted, I created a custom Hekatonchire (an undead kaiju thing) based on the giant Oogie-Boogie fight in Kingdom Hearts.

The Blind Sunderer of Sleep

Emerges from the sands of a desert Shadowland. 100 yards tall, wrapped in burlap, mummy-like. Has two loose ribbons floating off him, 60 yards long, 2 yards wide.

Special Features:
Essence Sight - the Blind Sunderer is blind, but can perceive Essence. When motes are spent, or an Essence-powered being or item comes within one mile of it, the Sunderer may _perceive_ it. Its empty black eye sockets flash with yellow light. (This includes Exalts, spirits, Artifacts, but not animals, mortals, or even terrain)

Sacking Skin - the Sunderer's flesh is far tougher than real burlap, but can be cut. It is particularly vulnerable to fire. Piercing attacks do little, blunt strikes even less.

Ribbon Strike - the ribbons move independently, and automatically attack _perceived_ threats within reach. If a human-sized threat makes contact with the Sunderer's body, the ribbons won't strike it. Each strike should deliver enough damage to seriously wound a PC; they should fear this attack.

Bug Breath - when a threat arises that the Sunderer cannot _perceive_ (like a mortal army) or reach (like archers or flyers), it will exhale a swarm of ghosts to seek out the threat. These mad ghosts have had their corpus reshaped into bug-like forms, including wings, pincers, or stingers. Each ghost should be a minor threat, increasing to major threat as the PCs become surrounded.

Stitching Spiders - if the Sunderer begins taking major damage, such as holes being cut or burned into its sack-cloth flesh, it will exhale arachnoid ghosts to crawl down and stitch it back together. These are similar to the offensive swarms, but prioritize repairing the Sunderer over attacking a threat. Given time, they can completely repair the monster.

>tfw I started the skinwalker posting thing

So you home brewed a small bullette.

When the players encountered the Blind Sunderer, they weren't packing much in the way of Holy effects (which would have been very effective), nor did they have a lot of fire sources available. They did have an allied army to provide some fire arrow volleys and energy attacks, but that force quickly drew down a lot of ghost bugs. The players had an airship, but it nearly got bisected by the ribbons.

Ultimately, the players figured out the bugs only came from the monster's mouth, so they airdropped on him (using the tougher members to parry or tank the ribbon attacks) and stitched his mouth closed with harpoons and rope.

They then dumped the airship's stores of oil and booze on the bastard and lit him up.

Oh my god why would you do that...