Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Casting Couch Edition: How far have you gone to prepare a character for a campaign?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75987/the-feast-and-the-furious
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/northwinter-press/monster-trainer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We were on page 6, cocksucker.

I don't generally apply to a campaign unless I can build up a lot of passion for it. To the point of making a strong backstory, a fully-formed character, an appearance that can inform or display their personality, a bunch of extraneous detail in case it ever comes up, and a build to make it all work. Oh, and an F-list.

Skulls GM is a slut.

P A G E 6
A G E 6 P
G E 6 P A
E 6 P A G
6 P A G E

What would it take to trigger another Ensoulmeme-tier app circus?

A good DM proposing a unique campaign.

I'm sick of not getting into games when I apply to them. I try and try and try and I just don't know what to improve or what I'm doing wrong. How do I write a good character? A good personality?

A celeb GM and celeb player apps.

Lewdgame run by 2hu when?

How was your weekend, /pgg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?

That proves nothing

>this proves nothing
Get a load of this retard

>How do I write a good character? A good personality?

Read the tone of the campaign you're applying to, and drench yourself in it. I can't begin to count the number of technically good characters that never went anywhere because they were antithetical to the campaign they were applying for.

If the campaign is about fighting demons in the Worldwound and prominently features the themes of redemption, revenge and righteous fury, write a character whose backstory consists of revenge, redemption and righteous fury that leads them to fighting the Demons.

>Can't form a rebuttal
>Procedes to ad hominem

We rescued the princess from a mad alchemist and found out she's an unstable shapeshifter. Turns out the royal family has some weird shit in their family history.

An established celeb running something /pfg/ thirsts for.

Slow, Disk, or Sappy running Linnorm game when?

is DHB the key for a stable campaign?

The two campaigns he has been in were not only stable, one actually went from start to finish. The other is the farthest along out of /pgg/ campaigns (they're in book 3 now).

It seems DHB is the key to efficiency.

It doesn't say the archetypes DON'T work, but it doesn't explicitly assume they should work. Remember that there's a lot of idiots who think the USummoner isn't compatible with regular Summoner archetypes, so doing any amount of legwork to do the easy conversions for Monk to UMonk archetypes is an alien concept. Let alone any of the less braindead easy conversions.

Do you have any clues regarding this history, or did she simply reveal that she isn't quite human?

I have a question /pfg/. If I'm a caster, any caster but let's say a Cleric, and I have a spell that is on both the Cleric list and the Wiz/Sorc list. Does that spell count as a Sorcerer spell? I want to take Eldritch Heritage and trade out one of the bloodline powers I don't want for Blood Havoc, but I realized while looking at Blood Havoc that it specifies "Whenever you cast a bloodrager or sorcerer spell". If it's not good enough for the spell to just be on the Sorc spell list, would grabbing a spell that's normally only on the Wiz/Sorc list (like with the Arcane bloodline) work?

Can you into English, do you have proper reading comprehension, I'm trying to be write this for you in a very simple way, can you understand?

We played through some tense situations, but I think in one game we're finally coming together as a team. And in the other, I think I ruined the GM's fun and just brought down the tone of the campaign.

>With the execetion of monk these should work
As in, these should work, but not for umonk. As in, umonk doesn't work with previous archetypes. Is pretty easy, both RAW and RAI umonk doesn't have access to those archetypes, now, if your GM is kind enough to let you work around it, perfect, but that's a homerule.

It's not a "Sorcerer" spell because it's not being cast using Sorcerer slots.

I mean, to be fair, it does say 'they should work with all existing archetypes'.

It's just saying 'These classes archetypes should all work 100%', not that monk is automatically incompatible with all of them begone from this house.

There's a lot that aren't compatible, but if you use the rule from archetyping qingong monk with other things, then there's like zero issue.

I've been sat here, trying to find something to do by playing random games here and there while subsequently browsing threads across multiple boards.

So in short, feeling pretty chill right now.

Why do Shiba so often become fat?

Damn, that's Idea #1 down the drain. Follow up question: is there anything else I can trade out the bloodline power I don't want for? I plan to go all the way up to Greater Eldritch Heritage for the Verdant Bloodline, but I don't actually want the 3rd or 9th level power I would get from Improved Eldritch Heritage and was hoping I could trade it for something better.

Because shibe are very floofy, and any extra weight the gain gets accentuated more due to their floof.

There's been a few hints before, enough to make the rogue come up with a conspiracy theory about the royal family being Oni. We're actually on friendly terms with the king after helping defend him from an assassination attempt, so we've spent a lot of time around him and his son and we've seen some suspicious shit. So far we've seen:

>the king bludgeon an assassin to death with a vase
>the son sing songs in a bunch of languages, including Abyssal and Aklo
>a family tree with multiple ancestors completely removed
>an ancient scroll that describes the first king's wife as "unspeakable"

During the rescue of the princess (who's apparently a total shut-in because of the shifting, handwaving why we've never met her) she panicked, grew tentacles, and scurried up a wall. When we left off we were in the middle of chasing her down because she went all "don't look at me I'm hideous," so we haven't gotten any concrete answers yet. My theory is either some Lovecraft shit's going on or something from the Abyss fucked someone at some point. Could even be both since Qlippoth are a thing.

Smaller dogs, usually kept in a house or urban area with little room to run around, overfed by owners who spoil them, among other reasons.

You get the same problem with corgis.

Can I take Improved Critical (Spells)?

Yes, but why would you want to?

What happened to make you feel as though the team has bonded? Why do you feel you ruined the GM's fun in the second game?

So I can take Mythic Improved Critical (Spells) and get x3 crits with them.

What sort of games have you been enjoying?

In the first case, because we actually got some time to talk to each other about character interactions, had some downtime, and came back from it all with a better sense of understanding for each other.

In the latter case, because I'm not entirely sure my character is right for the tone anymore, like I've made someone who's too grim and angry for a game that should be fun and lighthearted.

Technically it's not just (spells).

Gotta pick like, Rays or Touch Attacks or something I think.

Any spell you can crit with does negligible damage.

Star Wars Jedi Academy, Dynasty Warriors, that sort of thing.

I dunno, I just want a good in-depth RPG to sink my teeth into or something.

Disintegrate begs to differ.

Except disintegrate.

They're small dogs with gentle personalities and don't absolutely require high-energy activities such as walks or swimming; this makes them the perfect pet for the elderly, the city-bound, and the lazy-wealthy, and thus the perfect type of dog to get fat. You'll notice that you don't see many fat huskies or golden retrievers; their lifestyle and attitude make them too fussy and active for owners that can't give them what they need, you see.

At that level everything is going to save and you'll do a whopping 9d6 points of damage with your huge crit on a 19 or 20 - if it doesn't deflect or cancel the spell outright.. Mythic power makes saves exceedingly easy to make.

So, how do we chase IDrive out of Skullfucks and Shackles to make sure he doesn't have a chance to ruin this game like he has so many others?

Disintegrate does 2d6 per level. Or 18d6 at level 9 for a 36d6 crit.

>Shiba
>Lazy

I thought they were supposed to be guard dogs?

Yeah, and they were commonly used as hunting dogs, I think.

Don't sound lazy to me.

Or 3d6+1 per level on a save. which is literally nothing even if you triple it on a crit. Considering almost anything you'll be fighting gets multiple chances to prevent that damage, it's a waste of effort.

You sure those are Shiba and not Akita?

Yeah, Shiba were bred for hunting and are quite independent, aggressive dogs. In fact, I'd call them downright cattish.

Disintegrate does 5d6 on a failed save, so with a x3 crit that'd be 15d6 (still not good, but better than a blast spell that deals half of 20d6 on a successful save and can't crit). You're thinking of Slay Living.

That's besides the point though, I think it sounds like a waste of a Mythic feat too. You don't get very many of those.

Road trip AP with guest appearances of every Celeb PC when?

15d6 + 3xCL, wouldn't it be?

When you app to app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75987/the-feast-and-the-furious

Can I get a list of recruiting campaigns?

They were bred for a non-lazy job, but they can easily live their lives not needing to move out and about for hours or days on end; this makes them great for lazy OWNERS, which in-turn lets them be lazy themselves.

(From Stjarnagardr, my Saturday Campaign)

The game went pretty well, all-in-all. The party arrived at the city to where they heading, and dropped off the little boy that they had rescued. His cousin, a Half-Orc butcher woman, thanked the Ratfolk Monk and Kobold Warder who dropped him off, wishing them luck in their journey, and giving them a gift; five pounds worth of dried meat of a Bullette.

The party's Skald spent some time drinking at a bar with the group's pet NPC Orc-Bloodline Hobgoblin Sorcerer... followed by a storytelling performance to the bar's patrons.

The player of the albino teenage Rogue failed to show up for the second weekend in a row, this time without any notice. I'm probably going to ask her not to come back next time. She's been absent quite a lot.

Fuck right off with the drama, please, thank you, die in a ditch.

What can you do with Mythic to make your enemies more likely to fail their saves, anyway? All I see is Mythic Spell Focus/Mythic Elemental Focus and the Archmage and Hierophant capstones.

Can I get a bit of excitement from you people at knowing the first AP for Starfinder is a galaxy-romp against Corporate Zombies and Hole Worshipers?

>corporate zombies
You mean a generic fleet of space undead.

>hole worshipers
You mean the cult of fake-Rovagug.

The BBEG will be a tzitzimitl from Eox.

>Defending the guy who decided to rape a critical NPC and then ghosted to destroy a game
:thinking:

A pity about the recurring absentee. Does the party have their next move planned? Do you have something in mind that you can share?

No, I just don't see the goddamn point in bringing up needless, stupid drama about stupid namefags doing stupid things.

Is this a meme game? Do you even plan on running this?

>You mean a generic fleet of space undead.
That's what the Corporate Zombies are? Because they're an Undead civilization obsessed with making a dollar?

>You mean the cult of fake-Rovagug
No, I mean HOLE WORSHIPERS, you jerk!

Yeah, it seems like it could be fun.

I've always wondered, FennecAnon... Do you actually own a Fennec Fox?

The party plans to investigate the old abandoned military outpost where they think the bandits are holed up.
They also have to deliver a missive to the local Lord in order to get their friend's son legitimized.

I have plans for them, and I think they might suspect what I have in mind, but that's okay.

>starts 2 years from now
>will require payment to participate
>Return of the Jade Regent GM
I wonder.

Then this seems like the right kind of game to soften his angry heart.

>still no actual dogfolk
>all fucking wolves

I just want to be a good boy

I do not-they are considered ineligible as pets under state law.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/northwinter-press/monster-trainer/

Anyone ever played a Monster Trainer? Is it a pain getting it to work in a format that doesn't necessarily have the same monster list?

Why can't you refluff a Rougarou?

That's easy, user. All you have to do is STAY OFF THE FUCKING FURNITURE.

Good boys don't hump the guests.

Well, uh, I guess I could actually.

problem fucking solved

>White-Haired Witch.
>only 1d4 damage with hair, up to 1d8 plus constrict if enlarged with improved natural attack.
>but hair constantly grows, reaching thirty feet at level twenty, thirty-five enlarged.

I'm almost certain this isn't the intention, but does this mean I can grapple someone, hoist him thirty feet in the air, and then drop him?

2hu suicide when?

faggot has taken autism to uncharted territory and needs to die before it has a chance to breed

What about blinklings from Bloodforge? They are very strong mechanically!

Yes!

Why not all three running the campaign in a sort of Triumvirate?

Followup question, if I take combat reflexes, does that mean I can grapple up to my Dex in people coming up to punch me?

This oddly pleases me.

They also look nothing like that and are, in fact, scraggly dog-faced midgets.

What's 2hu doing this time?

Just make your character the prized hunting dog of a nobleman that gained sapience and a human form through feasting on the heart of a dragon, or something equally fantastical.

Still breathing.

>but hair constantly grows, reaching thirty feet at level twenty, thirty-five enlarged.
Actually, it does not. Hair has growth limits based on genetics; mine only reaches a foot long, a friend of mine has only reached half a foot at most, despite not cutting it for years, and the longest recorded hair length has been something to the tune of ten feet.

Admittedly, that's still ten feet, and doesn't account for magical hair growth supplements, but there it is.

He was talking about the class itself you... You... YOU...

Well, what about those Indian shaman guys who've never cut their hair?

Why not play a blinkling maid boy?

This is what refluffing is for. Or are you going to say I am not allowed to play a dwarf and say it's a drap/doraf from Granblue Fantasy?

Playing games. You can see them talking about it on both Discord servers.

If we're gonna talk about magic Christmasland scenarios, then we're going all in.

So we start with a Mythic 10 level 20 Wizard who knows Disintegrate, which deals 40d6 damage. Well, he took Mythic Improved Critical (Ray) to increase the crit mod of Disintegrate to x3 for 120d6 if it crits. But we're not going to bitch out with weak, plebian spell for non-Mythic casters, let's use Mythic Disintegrate which deals 3d6 instead. Now our crit looks like 180d6. That's good, but we can do better. Our wizard has prepared Intensified Mythic Disintegrate, so the damage cap is raised by an additional 5 CL (UMD some Karma Prayer Beads and get an Orange Prism Ioun stone to actually CAST at CL 25). That raises the damage to 75d6 or 225d6 on a crit. That's cool, but you know what I hate doing? Rolling 225 fucking dice. Let's make things simple by making our spell a Maximized Intensified Mythic Disintegrate. Now we're 1350 damage damage on a failed save. That would be a 10th level spell, but our wizard has a handy Intensifying Metamagic Rod, so that Intensify spell doesn't actually increase the level. But we can do MORE. You know how else a Mythic spellcaster can get metamagic without increasing spell level? Why, by spending a Mythic point for the normal version of their Mythic Metamagic Feat. So, our wizard gets to tack on Empower Spell for free, making the damage 1,350+112d6.

I'm pretty sure you just shit out enough damage to kill anything in the bestiary... So long as you can manage to get through their SR, anyway.

Because blinklings are ugly, dog-faced weirdoes whose parents had sex with a literal dog (admittedly that has passed the Harkness test, hopefully)

>Your mother literally took the knog

Good question! There is no real reason not to unless you want to play a class which mechanics aren't easily translated into being a maid (like being unarmored).

Mithral chain shirt under maid uniform.