mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azorius-horrors-1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What do u guys think of the new post top meta you fellow legacy playing chucklefucks

Also I stopped posting for a month and this general died so guess I will keep this shit running

legacy is for weenbis

is deadguy ale an FNM viable deck

feels like it would function reasonably well without duals

Finally built BR reanimator. It's a fun deck.

Having more room for combo is nice I guess, but I'm not digging all the good stuff decks and Delver variants running around. It is neat to see Miracles survive in a topless form.

I don't see why not. Are you still going to get some Karakas and Wastelands for the deck?

Gonna be picking up a set of vials and caverns soon for modern Merfolk. I'd like to start playing a vial deck in legacy; what's something goofier than fish or taxes? I've got access to a fair number of legacy cards thanks to generous friends. Meathooks comes immediately to mind, I'm pretty sure that deck plays vial? Thanks in advance Leg Generator

TEENY
TINY
LITTLE
WHITE
weenies

I said other than taxes but thank you for the excellent image

Goblins is fun.

Damn I forgot about goblins. Pretty sure I know a guy that literally has most of the deck. I'm trying to get a set of vial decks together so I can go to our weekly Legacy event with a new vial deck each week.

I'd say goblins is probably the goofiest you can get. Only think else I can think of other than Merfolk or Death and Taxes is a couple of BUG lists that run it.

>really want to try this spicy Parallax Tide/Ankh list at FNM but it goldfishes so fucking bad when you don't get an opening Ankh

I'd appreciate any feedback/thoughts. My thought is to bring in White so I could run Enlightened Tutor, and maybe flicker the Rishadan Pirates.

Deck
4 Rishadan Cutpurse
4 Rishadan Footpad
4 Boomerang
4 Daze
4 Force of Will
4 Hoodwink
4 Spell Pierce
4 Ankh of Mishra
1 Isochron Scepter
4 Parallax Tide
1 Trade Routes
4 Ancient Tomb
10 Island
4 Saprazzan Skerry
4 Wasteland

Sideboard:
3 Counterspell
3 Relic of Progenitus
3 Propaganda
3 Ice Over
3 Pithing Needle

Go look up a solemnity angels list and make a legacy edition. God i love the deck.

It's good to see you guys again. I've recently dropped Tezzerator and shifted towards a grixis Pyromancer control deck. After playing Tezz for a long time the variance has been really frustrating, and playing a deck with a cantrip package has been refreshing. The Pyromancer list I've been playing is using Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, you guys have any experience with him in legacy? I would imagine he's good in UB Reanimator if thats your jam.

I have a playset of LEDs, two Plateaus, and a pile of Modern/EDH rares I'm not using that total about 500$. Should I sell it all and try to buy into a real deck with duals, or sell everything but the LEDs and build Dredge/Belcher/SI?

I would heil for dredge. Unless you would rather lose to FoW instead of game 2 RiP and Void.

I feel like I'll get bored of Dredge, but having tested SI on Xmage, getting Forced 9/10 times after your epic combo turn is tough. I image Belcher is the same way, but less fun to pilot.

Maybe I can figure out a way to swing a TES build with only one of each dual.

Belcher is what you take to events when you want to actually eat lunch.

Slivers....goof train here we go

Could always go for u/w blade.....we all need more blade, and dredge requires to much remembering, too high skill

Feels like this list wants enlightened tutor.

Dredge only needs deck management. What I really like about LED dredge is that you have possiblity to grind the games out, if opponent's is posing a threat of wiping your graveyard or just blindly combo them out turn 1.

The only reason to play a delver deck is to shit on rb reanimator

Or storm. Or other fragile combo deck.

You'd be surprised how often reanimator goes right through delver.

Can Delver beat Elesh Norn?

Not in my experience. I've yet to run across any delver player with a mainboard answer. Or sideboard, oddly enough.

I've seen some lists with a singleton JTMS, but those are mostly the budget-leaning UR builds.

Treat them like they do though.

Straight UR makes top 8s. More colours doesn't mean better.

that's true, but adding DRS certainly makes it better.

DRS is the bees knees and can also give u some more r/b hate too

Could kjeldoran outpost be playable in legacy? I was thinking it on something like land tax+ rack.

I want land tax to be a deck builder so much. Someone point me how to make a deck around it.

The legacy deck that uses Land Tax is called "Parfait." There was a guy here who used to post pictures of his White/Red list, which featured Goblin Charbelcher as an alternate win condition to the normal RiP/Helm, and had Blood Moon to break greedy manabases. I know some Parfait builds also play Kjeldoran Outpost as well, as it's a good way to generate chump blockers that can trade with other creatures under a Humility.

yeah I'd still get 4 wasteland and karakas

still not sure if I want to play DGA or UW stoneblade since prairie streams seem like a great substitute tundra

Didn't parfait get hit hard by top ban?

It didn't even play Sensei's Diving Top, at least none of the lists I ever saw ran it. It plays Scroll Rack to turn the three lands a turn into an Ancestral Recall

Fair enough. Gotta check it out better. I have known parfait exists, but never looked further into how well it does, as it's kinda like your old prison deck anyway.

The only way is with the angel tax. Post board leyline, cage, flusterstorm/extraction do the thing. Also Delver is not really that unfavored G1 with FoW+deathrite shaman.

Delver isn't that hard to beat. Pre and post board. With or without chancellor.

Newfag here. Is it better to have 4 griselbrands in a reanimator list or 1-2 that you can just tutor for with entombs?

Now that it's been a while, what's the concensus on the new cycler lands in 4c Loam? They cost more to cycle, but having basic land types means KotR can sac them and you can fetch for them if you need to.

You're thinking of Mighty Quinn, which used Scying Sheets + Top. Parfait is Land Tax+Scroll Rack.

Oh shit, you are right.

whats the best deck in legacy

Old yet still somehow relevant.

why do a lot of the u/w stoneblade lists i see online not run ponder? ponder just seems so good.

First legacy deck ive built so far. Main strat is to use solemnity for shenanigans (phyrexian unlife, dark depths, thing in the ice) and I wanted to keep a Horror theme

What do you think?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azorius-horrors-1/

You should probably be running Thespian Stage if Dark Depths is your wincon. You should also probably be running some amount of fetches and Tundras too so idk. If you're a blue creature based deck there's no reason to not run TNNs. Sometimes it just resolves and they don't draw into whatever they're packing to remove it and it just wins you the game. Is there even a horror tribal payoff card? Spell Pierce deserves consideration over Mana Leak.

I dislike Dark Depths outside of Lands if you're not splashing for Vampire Hexmage because it's just less reliable. Solemnity might alleviate that I guess, but Hexmage can be played turn 2 (turn 1 off of a Dark Ritual even), and Solemnity comes down at the earliest on turn 3.

Not sure what advice you want, it just looks like a cheeky brew. The creature suite in general just seems lacking, Swords and Brainstorm and Force (you should probably be running Force) are always going to be powerful, but you're going to be up against Delver, TNN, Goyf, and Batterskull using 1-time Modern GP winner Eternal Scourge.

Well I was trying to keep it slightly budget and casual with the horror theme, but i'll take your advice in consideration! Thanks!!

I run 2 ponder in u/w card is sweet at

I remember this chart from a while ago still only play burn

Wanted to know if people liked bug value aluren more than recruiter aluren

It seems like there's two builds: 24 Lands, Wastelands, no Ponder; and 21 Lands, no Wastelands, 4 Ponder. So I imagine they would rather have Wasteland as an extra out to certain strategies than run Ponder.

whos the tupac of mtg cards?

Hey guys,

got a few more cards and wanted to make a cheesy sliver deck, what do you guys think?

4x muscle sliver
4x predatory sliver
4x gemhide sliver
4x manaweft sliver
4x blur sliver
4x ward sliver
4x vitalize
4x genesis wave
2x ready/willing
1x sliver hivelord
1x sliver queen
16 forest/8 plains

Tweaks? Changes? I was also thinking replacing Sliver queen with Sliver legion instead.

Maybe replace 4 land with Sliver hive?

How do I play Demon Stompy and 8 land Stompy?

you got shit slivers and zero aether vials

what are you doing with your life

just getting back into magic after a few years away from it, its all i could find in my small folder of stuff plus some other cards given to me.

well if you wanna make a sliver legacy deck you need vials, all the +1/+1 slivers, the hex proof sliver, and the pay 2 return sliver, the flying sliver

and then you need dazes, forces, and brainstorms

pay 2 life*

necropotence

what equipment do you get first in the mirror

looking up the names and here is what i got

Aether is pricey and may take time for me to get.

Galerider slivers( I have 4 of those given to me)

Crystalline sliver, Sinew Sliver, Victual Slivers, brainstorm, and Daze i can buy at my LGS.

Am i screwed at not having Aether vial? How many do I need?

>what equipment do you get first in the mirror
d&t mirror? jitte is the best equipment, but you need to be able to answer a revoker if you're going to serve on mystics or they're gonna break serve with revoker into batterskull and fuck your life up. g2/3 i'll pump-fake a jitte fetch to bait revoker then flicker mystie for manriki-gusari.

see above (fuck i9 am tired)

>Victual Slivers
no, not this one

hibernation sliver and like 3 of them

vials help so much because 85% of legacy is counter magic

you need 4 vials

also your mana base should have 4 caverns of souls and some dual lands and fetches which might be out of ur budget

these should be your slivers

4 x Crystalline Sliver
4 x Muscle Sliver
4 x Sinew Sliver
4 x Predatory Sliver
3 x Hibernation Sliver
4 x Galerider Sliver

>manriki-gusari
people actually play this?

putting these on my notepad thanks user.

In the meantime the deck i currently got will be a casual deck for play, while I wait for the cards i need.

I haven't seen it in years. People used to run it in stoneblade sideboards for mirror matches.

wouldnt you just be better of with disenchant

I guess so. One nice thing about Manriki-Gusari is that it's tutorable. That and stoneblade used to be more prominent I think. I can't see using it in the current meta.

yup! it's something i personally make room for in any variation of d&t i sleeve up.

Do you use Mangara of Corondor? I know it's mostly fallen out of favor these days, but it just doesn't feel like Death & Taxes to me without it.

depends on the variant, but there's still room for mango in 2017 d&t.

Oh shit I was just about to make a thread when I saw this. It's been ages. Anyone got any tournaments coming up? I'm planning to go to Eternal Weekend but that's still a ways out.

Wouldnt something like RiP+Energy field be good right now? I checked like top 2-3 most played decks and none packed that much hate to enchantments outside counterspells. Im rebuilding my parfait right now.

>We had a comfy thread until namefags showed up
Just let it die again, we cannot get rid of the autistic shit

Problem with solmenity + thing in ice is that it doesnt naturally ramp into it. It forces you to play a 3 cost then 2 cost.

Abrupt decay, engineered explosives, and rec sage are 3 cards that see a non-trivial amount of play, at least post board, and can break up that combo. ANT/TES can more or less ignore it.

bump. I'm gonna hit up the legacy open in dc but that's also a ways off. there's usually 2-3 local events per month where I'm at, which is ok.

I've been mad busy lately but I'm hoping to get out to a 2k at the end of august.

My deck isn't that great. I'm interested in making it better. Any card suggestions? This is mostly to just have a deck at tourneys to play not necessarily win.

take out all the shit enchantments

add in vials and stone forge package

which enchantments do you suggest taking out? Which vials? what is a stone forge package?

aether vials

4 stone forge
1 batterskull
1 jitte
1 sword of fire and ice

the stupid shit like celestial mantle and friends

You need better, cheaper knights. If your plan is white weenie knight tribal, go all in on that and don't fuck with huge shit like sun titan, mass calcify, and miraris wake. Also cut all of your naturalize effects and play swords to plowshares. Your one drops should probably be mother of runes and student of warfare. Your potential two drops are all pretty mediocre, probably the best are the first strike lifelink guy or maybe the flier. Maybe even the first strike pro red guy. You might just want Thalia and stoneforge mystic instead even though they aren't knights. Run full playsets of your lords, and mirran crusader is really good. Knight of the reliquary is obviously awesome, but you would need fetches and wastelands to make him good. If you are going all in on creatures, aether vial will make your deck a lot better.

this is what i would have suggested but at this point you might as well just say play death and taxes

I'm not sure If I'm ready to drop a bunch more money on this deck. I'm interested in keeping the cost low for now. I do know I'd like to stick with Knight creatures and enchantments.
should I drop the sun titans and Krond the Dawn-Clad for 3x Mother of runes? If that's the case I'd probably take out story circle for something else.

Drop everything that costs more than 3 mana. You can afford a few 4 drops, maybe 3 or 4. Mother of runes, student of warfare, Mirran crusader, the rest of your lords, swords to plowshares, and the random 2 drop knights with different abilities/protections are all cheap. Also cut the trash like fog and naturalize, those cards are terrible. You just need more creatures for this deck to work.

can you reasonably run daze and Jace together? I want to try running something akin to the UW spiritblade list people have been trying as spell queller is just one of my favorite cards

People do that all the time I suppose. In new miracles and delver, or faster BUG.

>log into xmage server
>log out
>come back and log back in
>wrong password
the fuck

is woogerworks down for anyone right now?

If you're going to homebrew, remember the numbers:

4 -> I always want to see this in my hand, even at the beginning of the game.
3 -> I want to see this once during the game
2 -> Don't do this
1 -> My deck tutors for this

I think 2-of is OK if your deck tutors for it but you wouldn't mind drawing it naturally sometimes, or if you intend for games to go long and you can reasonably expect to see it. It's definitely rare to want a card like that, but 2-of decay was pretty common in ANT near the end of the Miracles era.