>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KmatVb-BInQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

KCI is the best deck

Post list niggre

4th for finally viable in burn

Few understand our work, but it must be done for the good of the format.

>karn is the perfect incarnation of what the praetors wanted to do
>tron decks lose 80/20 to infect match ups

Am I the only one that sees this resemblance?

youtube.com/watch?v=KmatVb-BInQ
its a pretty popular theme

I haven't been paying attention to the format at all, as I slowly gather the pieces for a Naya Burn/Zoo deck. How fucked am I?

0%

Naya burn is kind of out in favor of boros, unless I've been misinformed. It's not worse, but there's a lot of debate on if it's really worth it to splash green or to run nacatl. Rakdos burn is actually looking kind of interesting because of vexing devil + Claim to fame and access to bump, but it could just as easily be a meme. Most rakdos' end up being mardu anyway because of standard sideboard stuff. Palm, path, silence etc.

I just picked up the rest of the cards to play this in paper, and I want to take it to FNM this week. There's a couple of card choices I'm undecided about, though.

>Is Render Silent a worthwhile wish target, or should I replace it with another hate card like Gaddock Teeg?

>Is Ephara a good wish target for card advantage, or would Sphinx's Rev or a planeswalker like Dovin Baan be better?

>Should I stick with the Emeria mana base, cut Emeria to run a less painful manabase with a couple Cavern of Souls, or do something in between?

Burn is the hero the format needs

all flavors welcome, 5c burn reporting in

Question from a fellow burn bro, when you sideboard and need to cut a little burn for something do you cut rift bolt or lava spike?

Different guy here, but cut lava spike. Rift bolt is more versatile.

>Tron
>Not allowing shitbrews of itself
Tron is like Death's Shadow, you can do a lot of flavor around it
Fuck Eldrazi Tron though,
worst flavor

Yeah I figured waiting a turn for the ability to use it as removal was decent, but I've had games where they life-gained from three while I was waiting on a suspended bolt. I guess sometimes it just wasn't meant to be.

Lava Spike is extremely cuttable.
It just happens to be efficient in game 1 count-to-twenty but you want to proactively sideboard flexibility to deal with their survival plan and this might include cutting the least versatile cards.

Never in my life. i often cut 4 eidolon on the draw, less so on the play, helix for when lifetotal doesn't matter, skullcrack for when helix-type stuff matters more, blazes vs creatureless, tribals if lifetotals matter. Maybe if you had all goodstuffs in your 2cmc slot and wanted a sideboard ensnaring bridge, and had to make a cut, cutting a rift bolt then would be alright, but generally there's other stuff to cut first
It honestly depends on the matchup, if hitting creatures is a thing you actively are seeking to do (vs infect or arbor elf decks on the play etc) keep rift bolt, imho though in a blind game1 matchup I'd rather the lava spike over the rift bolt, half your burn spells already target creatures

How does blocking with a creature and then using its activate ability go down. Like "i declare this as a blocker" and then what phase do i tap it in

I've recently come into a fuckton of cash (good bets my friends) and like a fucking retarded manchild I'm spending it all on trading cards. I've always wanted to build faeries. I've playtested it and it suits my playstyle, and now I can finally afford it. But I don't know if a better investment might be to just finish up one of big three (tron, shadow and affinity) instead.
TLDR, should I waste a ton of money on a relatively weak deck that I find fun, or on a stronger deck that would probably be a smarter financial investment?

Usually you go like declare blockers go to block and if its all good from there you can do whatever you want with the creature, its considered blocking. The verbals are like before damage happens im going to tap it.

Declare blockers phase, at the end.

In each of the combat phases, the thing that's supposed to happen in that phase happens right at the beginning, and then both players get to act at the end before the next phase.

Stronger deck will most likely keep its value, faeries is pretty niche

>>beginning of combat phase
>priority on player 1
>priority on player 2
>>attack phase
>player 1 declares attackers
>player 1 priority
>player 2 priority
>>block phase
>player 2 declares blockers
>player 1 priority
>player 2 priority
^ you do your shit here
>>damage phase
>creatures deal damage and stuff dies
>player 1 priority
>player 2 priority

seems so counter intuitive because its before damage and a tapped creature cant block but here we are

I'd play Faeries if you find the playstyle the most fun for you

Unless you plan to enter a lot of tournaments and travel to them, I'd always advise to play with what you personally enjoy the most

You can also block and then sacrifice or bounce the blocking creature and the damage is still prevented.

yeah. I dunno I just feel that a lot of the T1 decks have no personality.

but does the other creature still take damage?

No. Damage is applied all at once now instead of going on the stack.

No, of course not.
It's before the damage step.

No

I SWEAR I USED TO BE A 2/1

Or if we really wanna go down the memory lane on damage, tapped creatures etc.

The fuck is this the thread pic

Tronnies get out of my format reeee

>memory lane
This still works if you're blocking with it, though. And people still play them in UB Landstill in Legacy.

>Not liking best tribe in Modern

Hook, line and sinker.
What I was referring to was the fact that pre-1999 tapped creatures used to deal no combat damage. Mishra's Factory got significantly improved.

is there a standard general?

I can't seem to find anything on the catalog

Not right now, the last one died a few hours ago
Create one if you need one

nah it's ok, I'm absolutely new to the game and I wanted to ask a few questions, I'll go somwhere else.

You can ask them here or create a thread for them

>Legacy
>Landstill
>Not autistic miracle mentor that plays jank yet still is T1
At least say Vintage, where landstill won worlds last year, rather than talk of the deck in a format where nobody plays it, because miracles.

>Miracles
>A deck

His Claim to Fame is finally here

Im having a hard time Veeky Forums I want to make a cool kinda different voltron esper deck with Zur but i feel like im either trying to run too many janky things or the deck is just boring.

I had 21 unique control enchantments before but its been ground down to a more acceptable brew and feels a bit predictable.

How can I spice this up

What did he mean by this?

They have plenty of personality, you have just seen them so much you're used to it.

Top is kill.
The deck still exists but with top gone the deck can't pretend it's success wasn't luck.

How did that even work? Attacking creatures didn't tap?

>1/5th of deck is cantrips
>luck

Tapped blocking creatures didn't deal combat damage is what I was supposed to say but thought it was clear since we were talking about Factory. After the rules change it was able to block and pump itself.

Creatures indeed have always tapped to attack. C'mon how would that even work if they didn't.

By playing Enduring Ideal.

>Creatures indeed have always tapped to attack. C'mon how would that even work if they didn't.
I thought that's why Serra angel was so good :(

What happened? Boggleman forget to play a land or something?

>I thought that's why Serra angel was so good :(
But it is, are you high?

That's why I asked

Besides Merfolk and Storm, which tier/cimpetitive deck in modern is the cheapest?

>build bgx
>a new deck comes out
>e l d r a z i tron
>boy i sure hope it's just a flash in the pan
>it's not
>it's bgx, but better

what do i do? already considering suicide. Building bgx was a mistake. do i sell literally half the cards i own to buy chalices?

Ad nauseam is still on the affordable side, but is a complete chore to play

storm is still more tiring and expnsive

>mfw infect is dead

Simple

Wait for the ban

What do you think will be banned in ETron? Chalice? TKS?

>Inb4 any combination of Tron lands
You know very well that it's not going to happen

>opponent's face when you drop the turn 3 lightning storm for 19 damage lethal
Worth every second.

>In response I'll tap Aether Vial
>Sure
>Put in Flickerwisp, trigger targets Phyrexian Unlife

That's why it only works game one.

Is it true that KMC was bought out and went to shit?

I never understood how that happens.

>Hey bro, lets spend a shit ton of money buying a company then run it into the ground
>Wow that sounds like an excellent way to spend money

>MTGS banned any discussion around Twin in state of modern thread

im enjoying solemnity so much im afraid they're going to ban it, im only losing to tron and my sideboard is growing stronger

It's inevitable

Why would they ban some Saffron Olive shitbrew? Next they'll ban Seance

Honestly that would be so dope
Would sliver tribal become a T1 deck?
Would slivers become op in edh?

thankfully we won't be seeing any new eldrazi for a looooooooooooong time

Yeah what a fucking amazing idea how about we put ridiculous abilities on 1 mana creatures what could go wrong here?

Who knows? Emracool has been whispering to Nissa all the time. But hopefully we can last at least until 2019 without seeing then.
Slivers, though? I'm betting we'll be getting more next year.

They run jank instead of top and CB now and they're still performing as a tier 1 deck. By now I believe it's the sheer number of them that grants them the damn results. (I know that in reality it's mentor)

>loooooooooong time
>They're in Dominaria
>Dominaria is a year away

lol no way it'll be banned, it doesn't dominate every tournament.

BGX is dead as we know it. only fanboys or people who already have BGX are left to play it

The modern metagame is not bad enough to justify a ban. Things need to get worse.

>Goodstuff.dec are dead
Great news, we'll be able to enjoy Modern

GDS is better good stuff than Jund ever was.

>doesn't realize goodstuff.dec got replaced by eldrazi_goodstuff.dec

if i wanted to play real combo i'd grab my legacy deck you baka

>not bad enough
It's a challenge to get worse.

Thoughseize needs to go.

How is abzan better than jund in the current meta?

Having to deal damage to yourself before playing your threat is better than just playing whatever you draw

Shit, you're right

>metasheep dogpiling on GDS
>advanced metasheep dogpiling on Eldrazi Tron to act as a combined meta vice for ez games
>meanwhile everyone forgets Affinity exists, except for Star of David Games
>all the metasheep are twisting populations and tier 2 is a shitshow of CoCo decks or planeswalker-as-wincon decks

Only burn, fish, and storm players are having a good time.
resurrect infect

You can combo out and win suddenly, same as always.
Jund just isn't the best stuff anymore. Goyf is one mana too much to be relevant. What a world.

>implying you can't just fill your yard and slam a 5/5 on T2

>XDDD

>Tarmogoyim losing stature in Modern

Oi vey DS ban when?

Deaths Shadow is only 4 cards in the deck.

>2 mana threats are too slow in format
>counter-magic is still based around 3 mana in format
sasuga, WotC, sasuga.

Isn't the goal of the deck to swing with it?
I never saw any flavor of DS in action, it's non-existent in my FLGS (as are goodstuff.dec in general)

New to the game here, what combo is in abzan? I thought it was just good cards, like jund

path > terminate

Melira or Anafenza, Vicera Seer, and Kitchen finks.
Alternatively there's Devoted Druid and Vizier of Remedies.
Collected Company helps get them on board.