Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

What do you want to see in Starfinder's AP, Dead Suns? The main villains are a fleet of undead led by Eox liches and the cultists of fake-Rovagug. Will the BBEG be an Eoxian tzitzimitl?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K0e_ZXtd0Y4
dropbox.com/s/ko6vydkesh0aeqe/DRP2341_Highlord_Full.pdf?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=TF10ROaD65Y
docs.google.com/document/d/10dEgLazR1i9O9Cs0z-6Znw96ocJPu3CVGuEOkCEfqLw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/14W0InJgFBTa0a_V4w5qUD6PrL32YYogF_K1tyWcM4T0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1hsDkyV9JMBucgDZLwu72FI7sVos94LBg8jRNKPb6UnA/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=P0i-MJ3jJWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The main villains are a fleet of undead led by Eox liches and the cultists of fake-Rovagug.

Sounds really boring.

youtube.com/watch?v=K0e_ZXtd0Y4

>The stranger rides into town on a clear spring day, leading a procession of dozens of followers. His features are ageless, he voice speaks with an assuredness so rare in this part of the world, and his eyes burn with a hungry light.
>He speaks of heaven, of the rewards awaiting all; all who kneel.
>The old father, speaks against the stranger. Of his heresy against the gods. Of his crimes.
>The stranger takes the accusations in-stride, rebutting them with skill and grace.
>He stays for a night, no more. By dawn the town's desperate, helpless, and hopeless follow him down the road.
>Within a year he's considered a threat to the church, branded a heretic, tried, and crucified.
>Within two years, his followers raise an army.
>A decade later the kingdom no longer stands, torn apart by another holy war.
>Somewhere in the remote parts of the world, an ageless stranger with fire in his eyes wanders into a tiny hamlet.

NE Fey Speaker/Reincarnated Druid

Why? You have space undead!

My favorite part will be rolling a d% for gender

I played a game like that in 3.5. DM made us roll for sex, gender, and orientation.

How quickly did that game implode?

Two things:

New Age of Myth and Monsters, which I think would be a cool theme to run a campaign with. How would people react when the ones defending them are so inhuman. However, I'm thinking someone like Darkseid keeps his Human appearance.

Second thing was that I am a bit annoyed at the typical hero origin, where they are cute and rich and have rock hard and and yet they feel so demoralized all the time.

Alright, that sounds like a good idea. I might throw it at them.
What do you think would be interesting enemies to throw at Superdragon?

Here is Psionics Augmented: Highlord, written by /pfg/'s very own Deimosaur (a lesser-known name, admittedly) and, to a lesser extent, Forrest:
dropbox.com/s/ko6vydkesh0aeqe/DRP2341_Highlord_Full.pdf?dl=0

Much like the rajah, the highlord is a Charisma-based support class. It is a half-manifester with a collective and a wealth of class features themed around buffing allies in said collective and debuffing enemies forcibly conscripted into the same collective. The highlord is supposed to be a replacement for the tactician, which Dreamscarred Press seems to have disowned, probably because of its full manifesting and its AC-distorting collective defenses. The highlord is a little unusual in that it boasts heavy armor proficiency.

This PDF does *not* contain the cherished archetype from the playtest; let us hope it will be released soon. Likewise, the PDF's bookmarks are wholly in error; Forrest should get to work fixing them.

I do not have much to say about the highlord, since the class does not particularly interest me conceptually or mechanically. Would anyone like to step in and give their piece on the highlord?

Its just 'lets make the tactician, again'

Some paragon of humanity with an immense intellect who looks upon the superdragon and sees only a symbol of fear.

>Another Cha-fag

We played it until the full resolution of the plot over several months, and after a dramatic conclusion, everyone left feeling satisfied. It was a complete campaign.

In heavy armor!

If the supers are all monstrous in design you could always make the bad guys humanoid. Darkseid, for instance, could be a Drow Noble, and you could style Luthor after .

>Second thing was that I am a bit annoyed at the typical hero origin, where they are cute and rich and have rock hard and and yet they feel so demoralized all the time.

Could you be more specific? I hear this generalization often, but I think it's groundless. Most of these heroes have pretty good reasons for feeling demoralized when they do, as far as I can recall.

What did you roll?

For that matter, I believe the danmaku-slinging virtuoso archetype is not in this document either.

I must wonder when the cherished and the virtuoso will be released to us.

What's wrong with the "typical hero" origin? Can't you just put them in a humbler place?

Posting a PDF even before official release from a 3pp dev is a bit scummy, isn't it?

DSP's head is in the Swedish pirate party.

Why are the Eoxians the bad guys? I thought Eox was part of the Pact Worlds or is this a rogue group of liches trying to gain power?

How do they even make money? Doesn't the 3pp market have really low profit margin?

A particularly femme lesbian girl.

Yeah, This is good. Thanks.

It's mostly based on memes, I'm aware of much humbler heroes. However, there are lots of wealthy ones like your Wayne's, Queen's, and I forget the last name of the second Blue Beetle, the one before Jaime Reyes.

But the big question that led to the whole thing is, would the people still rally around their All-American hero if he looked like a Dragon or a Vajra?

Think of it as a thought exorcise for an Elseworld story, like The Nail or Red Son

That doesn't mean everyone else is.
Edna, please wait the requisite 3 days before posting this again.

Think you might post an LFG for this if you like how Starfinder turns out? This could be the next big thing in memes!

>My character is Minkaian. My character is now in Oppara, and is accompanying two Minkaian yōkai kitsune
Are you running them as ghosts? I thought I was the only one with a ghost kitsune PC.

>2hu strikes again

youtube.com/watch?v=TF10ROaD65Y

>requisite 3 days
>implying that's a rule

I don't think it'll make it to meme status, but I really am thinking hard about doing it here. It's not going to be deep, but I did have some ideas I could use as story based and arcs

They've been asked to wait in other channels of communication before.

>2hu claims that he just wants to make products better when they rip into the balance
>posts the pdf before it even goes on sale
Hypocritical autistic piece of shit. Nobody loves you.

Ted Kord? But all of their angst is pretty legitimate, insofar as they're usually disappointed about something that's rather unfortunate.

But your first point was interesting. I think you should focus on that, as you seem to be doing.
The Nail was SILLY as fuck, but Red Son is probably one of my two favorite Millar works, along with Superior, because I'm a hopeless dork (Also, I seriously dig Leinil Francis Yu's art.)

It really depends on the America you're using. Even within DC's continuities, cynicism and antagonism towards supers has varied a lot over the years.

It's still a matter of common sense. You are actively killing 3pp devs by posting their work before it is officially available.
Although it is 2hu so common sense doesn't really apply.

>I'm a hopeless dork
I like you, whether that's true or not.

>Another Cha-fag in heavy armor

Funny enough, Luthor was *exactly* who I was describing there.
But what would the Joker be? A halfling, perhaps?

Don't hide it from me, /pgg/

Tell me about your Homebrew

Why would you want to marry a silver?
You would surely spend your entire life contemplating just how far out of your league she is.

Waiting for the remaining Starfinder race blocks so I have a frame of reference.

It's an easily-recognizable ripoff that I don't feel is going to get the reaction I want when my players could always just blow it away inside of one round.

Well, we can safely assume it's friendlier than Marvel America. That place barely tolerates human superheroes, and frequently doesn't.

Thanks mate.

>DC continuity
Thanks to that picture that makes the rounds, there is no way I could set it in Marvel continuity.

I got into the older 90's Justice League thanks to /co/ and I really enjoyed them. The ones with the Blue Superman fighting Angels all the way to Speedy taking down Darkseid with a flash bang arrow. It's just that after a long time in Veeky Forums, I just started wondering what would happen if you put an Aboleth on the Team. What if the Guardians accepted the fact that weird stuff was ALWAYS going to happen on Earth and kept a bunch of Alien Green Lanterns around to keep it from blowing up?

>Marvel America
That place doesn't even tolerate HUMAN heroes, let alone superhuman.
Fuck, they don't even tolerate humans, period.

Are you liking any so far?

When has Paizo ever let undead not be evil?

Carrion Crown had a CG ghost

Is there any chance of a full robot "race" in Starfinder or are constructs that bonkers balance-wise? DnD has Warforged but I have no experience with either so I don't know if they were commonly complained about.

Turns out Marvel beat me to the idea. I wonder how he would have played in MvC?

This is hilarious because it's true. Aren't Humans just the caretakers of some Celestial egg inside the planet?

Jel's, aka Ooze-kin people (as to oozes as aasimar/tieflings/undines/oreads/ifrits/sylphs are to outsiders). Have talked about them here before. Am a giant faggot and kind of a shill every time I talk about them because I always feel like I could do more, but its difficult as I feel like I sacrifice some of my own vision and they aren't mechanically as special as I make them out to be

Wyrwood is a construct race in PF so SF will also be likely to have one cause SciFi.
Still, it probably will be high in RP because of the craft construct rule. I don't see many DMs allowing that.

I forget.
I knew DC mostly through the animated shows, and I missed out on the Marvel ones.

I like 2hu

>2hu defends piracy in InspectorDiscord
>actual dev shows up
>grabs popcorn

I plan to homebrew my own personally, the idea of them being from Aballon and trying to either be like or surpass the First ones so they venture out from Aballon to try and gain experience in their own way.

Havn't come up with a name for them yet.

Only in the Earth X universe, which was admittedly pretty cool.

Any want to help find a cute teifling punch-girl art

What's your Discord handle, user? Morrison JL was the bee's knees.

>punch-girl
>So many swords she has a bladed eyepatch and panties
YOU HAD ONE JOB

I HAVE NO JOB. GO 'PUNCH' PEOPLE WITH YOUR EYEPATCH AXE.

Android races exist

this is hilarious

I doubt Android is a true construct race in SF. Probably have some constructs related traits but that is about it, like in PF.

I already posted last thread.
Might as well shill my homebrew here again so I can get feedback and criticisms

First is the Avatar class. A Divine Elemental Barbarian class. His role versatility is based around the element he embodies.
docs.google.com/document/d/10dEgLazR1i9O9Cs0z-6Znw96ocJPu3CVGuEOkCEfqLw/edit?usp=sharing

Second is the Empyreus class. A support and debuff class with some good abilities to support allies.
docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit?usp=sharing

Third is the Geomancer class. A battlefield controller and mobile skirmisher with a lot of movement options, and can get bonus area manipulation spells through his Geomancy.
docs.google.com/document/d/14W0InJgFBTa0a_V4w5qUD6PrL32YYogF_K1tyWcM4T0/edit?usp=sharing

Fourth is the Mimick class. Think of it as a culmination of several Final Fantasy Blue Mage ideas slapped together.
docs.google.com/document/d/1hsDkyV9JMBucgDZLwu72FI7sVos94LBg8jRNKPb6UnA/edit?usp=sharing

Are there ways to assault a ghost one square underground that's casting spells without a ring of x-ray vision?

FINE HAVE SOME PUNCHING.

Androids are techno-warforged but people want techno-golems

oh-shit this is perfect consdiering she's oni-spawn too

Hm, what is the class of this picture?
Some kind of Monk/Summoner?

>he doesn't know what makes it magical punching
youtube.com/watch?v=P0i-MJ3jJWA

Forgot my link last time

The 90's Marvel cartoons are considered iconic. Spider-Man, Iron Man, and the X-Men are some of the best.

I'm unwilling to share so early, but I tend to hang out in the thread's Discord channel. I might post a bit more as details come out.

I read it, and I liked it, but I'm sure there were layers of understanding I could not begin to comprehend about that book

I used to like him, but now he's proven he's autistic trash that needs to be gassed.

Punching.

He loses a lot of goodwill from a lot of people today, judging by Discord's reaction. Doubt we'll ever see him in a game again.

And to think that people wasted time encouraging him when he complained about his game.

...but we all hate pathfinder.

It really is mind-boggling why someone would abuse goodwill this hard.

Fuck if I know, I'd probably say a Warder (Fiendbound Marauder) or an Aegis.

What are the mechanical themes of his characters?

/pgg/ has a discord?

The biggest numbers possible through the most callous exploits possible.
That is literally it.

Goodwill from a bunch of faggot nobodies that jerk eachother off in Discord. What a tragedy. 2hu is an autistic pinoy, of course he's not buying expensive RPG books. Holding him to some reasonable standard as if you can rationalize the autism out of his is ridiculous. Nearly ten years 2hu has been on Veeky Forums and still we have mentally stunted fa/tg/uys trying to reason with him like if they just ply their own emotionally stunted viewpoints at him suddenly he'll have a Eureka! moment and stop being autistic.

Check the link depository on top. It's considered rude to post it here

any tribal teifling punch-girls?

Looks almost exactly what I'd imagine a Synth Summoner would look like.

Well you're not wrong, but the goodwill he's losing is from actual devs. Who for some reason had given him another chance.

Tribal how? Be descriptive otherwise you'll just get kanna's.

Not buying and actively sharing it before public release are 2 different things, user. The first is only cheapskate-ish but the second is fucking scummy.
I do agree that trying to reason with 2hu is wasted effort. Dumb cabal.

Fuck, can't find it.

It's not in the link depository

more chocolate-y, war-paint, sorta carribean/amazon native-y

Autism

Nobody fucking cares. We need some popcorn-grabber here once in a while.

Dragon Loli was superior.

don't be descriptive post kannas

>falling for the piracy is lost sales meme

I don't even buy that anymore.
He will ask for rules on human interaction just to be able to exploit rules on it.