What's your favorite thing to play in the Classic World of Darkness, and why's it a Ventrue?

What's your favorite thing to play in the Classic World of Darkness, and why's it a Ventrue?

That's a funny way to spell Malkavian.

>Not playing a Tremere and causing autistic rage on other players just by existing

Silly phone poster, your autocorrect put in "Malkavian" instead of "Nocker".

>playing changeling

I'm edgy dark and special so I exclusively play 'Hollow Man' Fomori.

Don't feel bad, if I recall the first thing I ever played was an Ananasi, not nearly as edgy though.

Mokole. Because dragons are awesome.

Also, I was, like, in middle school.

Yes. I like it. You know why? Because it actually works as a tragic game. Your character is going to slowly but surely die, there's no stopping it, and you're going to watch new, younger changelings enjoy (and be terrified of) the wondrous world that you used to be able to easily access. You're going to slide into forgetfulness, surrounded by people you don't know but who still care for you and see in you their own future - not quite dead, but not really alive either by their reckoning.

All the silliness, the lightheartedness, all of it just serves to give you something to lose. There is no saving the sense of innocence and wonder, and that makes for an interesting game.

I can't argue that, just Changelings, Wraiths, Prometheans, etc have never been up my alley. I've always preferred Vampires. Mostly because of the simple fact, that if you're a Vampire, especially an older Generation one, the new generations are at your throat and want your power, it lets me do all the political stuff, and even the dark and sadistic bits of things as well. That, and I enjoy the idea of being an old husk of a person after hundreds of years of life, seeing the worst of what you once called brother and sister destroy themselves, all the while your new Kin do the same.

That's not how you spell Nosferatu

>all these shit clans
>No Brujha or Toreador

Then again, my first VtM character was a Nosferatu.

B E G O N E N A M E F A G

My only experience with Brujah and Toreador was with a pal of mine, when he was playing a Toreador he acted like a Brujah, and when he finally played a Brujah, he acted like an Assamite, so he kinda ruined both the clans for me.

I only really played in two or three games. My Nosferatu was short lived because he was quickly elevated to an elder after dealing with an Earth Bound Demon so I wound up as a Aroun Child of Gaia (if you couldn't tell, we did a lot of cross chronicalling)

Was he playing antitribu?

No, if I recall he was doing it because the Story teller refused to let him play a Mage, because he fucking hated them and never had the time to learn their systems fully(In our next game he would give in and let the dude play a Mage), and he refused to play a Tremere, so he was just fucktarded with his Toreador and eventually attacked the Prince of the city we were in and was killed.

Alright you bunch of Reality Deviants, y'all shitheads don't like me, and I sure as shit don't really like you, but out *there* are a ton of gribblies wanting to eating our testicles and our world in that order, and in *there* is a bunch of innocent humans just trying to live another day, and right *here* is us between them. Who wants to live forever?!

make way for the most boring mage faction

Nosferatu and I always engage in diablerie.

>Literal space marines desperately holding on to their idealism--as a technocratic convention of all things--in the face of overwhelming militarization as they are literally the thin red line between reality and an extinction-level threat in the form of Threat Null, willing to work with mages and other reality deviants to do so, even allowing marauders to work within their organization, possibly paving the way for a true technocratic/traditional/disparate alliance against Threat Null and other x-threats.

>the most boring Mage faction

you what.

Lemme buy you a drink, friend.

Malkavians are always played by either "loisorandoms" or people who think they're deep and complex by sheer virtue of not being "lolsorandom".

There's like 1% of players who actually make a character worth listening to.

Also to answer OP's Question, Nosferatu are the best thing in OWoD but Ventrue are certainly up there.

T R E M E R E

You're a blood wizard, Harry!

Tremere are literally the worst. I have never seen a Tremere character that did anything positive for the group as a whole -- they're too focused on their wizard pyramid and schemes.

>game of vamp
>ANYONE doing ANYTHING positive for the group
Hahahahaha.

>Fucks up playing as two straightforward clans
>Later allowed to play as a Mage
>In a mixed-splat game

I'm sorry to tell you, but both that player and the Storyteller are morons. I love Mage, I'm even running two games of it right now, but only a good player can be trusted with that kind of power in a mixed-splat game. Anyone who can't handle Brujah or Toreador doesn't qualify.

I prefer the African Laibon.
I'll just never get the option to play one.

Y'all are wrong. Best clan to play was Follower of Set. Here's why:
>Everyone might hate you, but everyone needs you
>Not, lolsorandumb nor buttfuck ugly
>Not Slavic
>Drugdealer for undead immortals is an underrated character concept
>You can turn into a motherfucking snake
>Blood magic is for autistic faggots that want to power game, none of that here
>Did I mention the snake thing?

A close second would be Giovanni, but in my experience it takes some work from the Storyteller to actually get Giovanni players involved, and more often than not is involves threatening the character's lover/grandma/sire mentor.

>Blood magic is for autistic faggots that want to power game

lolwat? Bitch, ain't you never heard of Setite Sorcery? The Followers of Set have hundreds of blood mages in their ranks, and several unique thaumaturgical paths.

Now, I personally, don't think that's a bad thing, but if your argument is "blood magic is weaksauce, lmao" then the Followers of Set are by definition weaksauce, because they're probably SECOND in terms of number of thaumaturges (with the Tremere at number one, and the Assamite Sorcerers at number three).

Lasombra is best, Ventrue a worst

Gangrel all day

Shhhhh, nobody was supposed to know about that.

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on Tzimisce?

yes

I still wanna play a Tzimisce vampire who pretends to be the Guyver.

Unfortunately, I doubt the Sabbat would be conductive to protecting the innocent and all that.

Salubri.

Antitribu or just normal?

You could always fuck off with the Sabbat and try rolling as an Anarch, although I haven't heard of many Tzimesce doing that.
Once you get past that curse thing they pick up after a few hundred years(Can't recall the name) because of Vicissitude, they're pretty sweet. That said I prefer oldclan
We had hope that he'd actually be competent and not be a little cunt if he got what he wanted. He was in a game with a Dhampir(Myself), a Malkaivan, Bastet, and one of the Demon Hunter guys from Asia that I can't recall the name of.

Normal.

pic related

10/10

Tzimisce are awesome

Because apparently I became a whiny bitch while I wasn't paying attention.

There was one time that I collaborated with the party Ventrue and managed to get the party something like 6 AK's, a Bren gun and assorted grenades via thaumaturgy. Definitely turned the final encounter against the local mob boss around.

Mage.

Because that would mean I'm better than any silly Vampire.

Best clan, want to play one

So OP here, kinda curious as well;have any of you tried playing an Abomination, and if so was it actually enjoyable?

How are mages better than the Kindred?

Hunters are the best no matter what.

Because.

Vampires are squishy and weak little bags of dead flesh. Easily fireballed.

Here come the mage assholes

>fireballed
>not turned into a new litter box for your familiar

I've always been a fan of OWOD mummies.

I don't play Void Engineers as that desperate, mainly because Threat Null probably doesn't exist in my game.

Nonetheless, they are the Technocratic Convention most willing to work with Mages, just because its deep fucking space and you can't afford to go making enemies with everyone you see.

>This only applies to small groups though, they go around trying to blow up Etherite ships and bases all the time.

Yea, my thoughts exactly. It's bad enough that they just got off their day and a half long argument over mage armor vs werewolf claws. Honestly, it's not even worth lurking /wodg/ since it's always mage shitposting that drowns out any other discussion.

The first time I've ever played VtM, along with a friend, we were playing a Gangrel and an Assamite.

That Assamite... Was identical to pic related.

Man, that night I discovered how it feels to play with a that guy

I don't even care how ridiculous that shit was, were-dinosaur is rad.

Followers of Set are near the top too, they're darkness worshipping snake gnostics who will consume the legends and myths of other cultures to lure in recruits.

Not to mention, mortal priests and immortal ones are basically treated with the same reverence which is a nice thing.

>what are the Tzimisce
Are you even trying?

>ctrl+f ''Hunter''
>two results
Damn, didn't know Veeky Forums was filled with godamn
queermosexual nancy boys

>mfw no Baali

It's not like they're solely to blame for this mess.

Masquerade whores are absolutely terrible people.

Oh for sure. If Masquerade babies weren't so easily triggered, we wouldn't have nearly as much mage shitposting, though it'd probably be werewolf fags instead of vampires. Doesn't change the fact that, as we've seen, they inject themselves into unrelated threads by virtue of being the 'best' splat, conflating power level with quality.
>How does X splat do y?
>Why are you playing X when you could just be a mage?
Threads would be so much better without either. It's just not enough to concede that mages are on a whole different power-curve compared to other splats.