Your best friend/little sister/whatever became a tragic monster. Would you end it?

Your best friend/little sister/whatever became a tragic monster. Would you end it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangahere.co/manga/made_in_abyss/c022/
docs.google.com/document/d/1hQlfMcAbHLvzogxY_FCJm0l7bQMB7Prr-3nm-4isBE0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A_eRRjIh1k7Fe4tglLQ8zNNhnkdeVh4zXIkb9UGZ75g/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How tragic? Too disgusting to look at and wreaths in constant agony? Or like, kinda gross and a shitty situation to be in, like a dire rat?

>wreaths
It's "writhes".

I've never really been as invested in someone as Nanachi is with Mitty, so that's pretty hard for me to say.

It would likely depend on how much pain they're in and how dangerous they are to the people around them. Life can be worth living even if you aren't human anymore, but if my friend wound up like Mitty... I dunno, man.

is she/whatever in constand pain like Mitty?
can I make antidotes from its blood?
can I even end it?
do I get the fluff?

>Would you end it?
If they want to die, then sure.
If they want to live, then no.
I'm not going to make someone else's life choices for them, but I can respect the choice they make.

>is she/whatever in constand pain like Mitty?
Mitty seems to get in pain when people are trying to kill her through. She is still trapped however, and Nanachi was worried what would happen to her when she was gone.

that's true, and though I only read the manga once and didn't think I'd be considering reread while on Veeky Forums, I think it has been said that she's constantly in pain because of her current body.

Also
ASIMOV'S
N I G H T F A L L

I will do whatever I can to turn my imouto back to normal.

Purge it with fire. Momentary pain for eternal salvation.

No, that's a plot hook.
Time to fix them.

>all these Made in Abyss threads

>Momentary pain
>Fire

Someone's clearly never been burnt before.

It's momentary until it dies. It's not like you're going to lit a matchstick on a mutant's toe and call it a day.

>t. only child

She's not in constant pain but she can still feel pain. Without Nanachi to take care of her she would be harassed constantly by the beasts in the Abyss. Since she can still feel pain but cannot die, she would be in constant pain without Nanachi around to keep the beasts away.

Really Nanachi wants to kill Mitty because Mitty is mind-dead. Mitty is effectively a living corpse that sometimes displays emotion and reacts to pain. Nanachi sees killing Mitty as freeing her from imprisonment and allowing her to pass on with respect.

There's a reason people will often jump to their deaths from a burning building rather than be swallowed by the flames.

The abyss is a place full of mysterious relics through. What if there was something there that could lift the curse?

The point isn't that fire is painless. The point is that it's painless once you're dead.

Whats this about Nightfall?

This.

If there was something like that there, then they needed to find it first, bring it up and then find Mitty
Who until that point will have been partially eaten and regenerated and would have been in constant pain. Which her body could withstand but not her mind.
And if there wasn't then you'd leave her for that state forever.

If they couldn't ensure that Mitty was safe, that such an artefact even existed and that they could come back eventually then the next best thing was to grant her eternal rest

Mitty isn't cursed, she's no longer physically human. She's now immune to the effects of the Curse of the Abyss the same as Nanachi is. Aside from that, there is actually an artifact that can rewrite the rules of the Abyss and it's plot important but it doesn't work out as nicely as you'd hope.

>filename

Is Nanachi immune to all the Abyss curses of just the 6th layer one?

I see, so I remembered it wrong way and made some shit up.

it gives an interesting perspective to think about skellies and what supposedly happens every 2000 or so years in the abyss, and it's a good novel on its own
I'm thinking about making a list of "books which look like they influenced the irredeemable lolicon Tsukushi but probably didn't since fuck we know about his knowledge about European and American literature (mostly sci-fi)".

I'd be interested in seeing what else you think has influenced it

As a Narehate she no longer experiences the Curse at all, IIRC. She can also see the Curse now, like other creatures who live in the abyss.

I mean she jumps around like a rabbit, so I'd be surprised if she's effected.

I don't think she's immune, aside from the "death or loss of humanity" one (she's already experienced it and it seems to be a one-time thing), but I recall her mentioning that she still suffers from strains of ascension (she can just avoid the curse better than regular humans because she can see the forcefields that cause it).

When the hell is this force field thing?
I see the characters mentioning it, but I dont recall it ever being explained

It was explained in Vol3 Ch22.

There's a big thing between Nanachi and Reg where she talks about it while Riko is out of commission. I'd link you but I'm about to go to sleep and can't be arsed.

mangahere.co/manga/made_in_abyss/c022/

That explains the Curse just fine, but it in no way tells me why characters know about the Curse and the Force field while talking about them as different things. We see early own Riko talking about the force field and the way it sheds light in the Abyss. So if they are the same thing why have separate nouns for it?

Because the Curse is the effect of ascension in the Abyss. The force field is was causes it.

The curse is a consequence of the force field, specifically the symptoms caused by pushing through the force field.

not much as of now
the most obvious one is
>Journey to the center of the Earth
Then there's
>Nightfall
which probably could as well be replaced with dozen other pre-apocalyptic to apocalyptic novels but I was never really fan of those and my knowledge about them is not that big, also
>that one novel by Wells which I've yet to read and saw some user mention on /a/ but forgot its title
and
>Roadside Picnic by brothers Strugaccy
because of the idea of people scavenging items left by God knows who and God knows why, while dealing with phenomena unobservable anywhere outside of Zones, risking their health, lives and changes to their body.

well the curse is the effect of forcing your way upwards against the field

Maybe they're like a little Christmas Gremlin who screams in pain as they're compelled to hang wreaths on people's doors.

Heh, it looks like a penis.

I'll fucking end YOU, Madaraki Fran.

That is sort of the conflict proposed by the comic OP is referencing. Seemingly, the subject cannot communicate and seems to have lost it's intelligence and perhaps memories. It is functionally immortal due to regenerative abilities and the only real expressions it has conveyed seem to be taking an interest in somebody by crawling all over them like a slugdog and the ability to cry/suffer. She cannot convey her intentions and may not have any.

The option is taken to mercykill it when one person comes around with a weapon capable of fully vaporizing it, in part because the person who is watching over it explains that one day she will inevitably die of old age/etc, leaving behind her mutated friend in a hostile world where she only knows that she is capable of suffering.

What the fuck does your penis look like?

>threatening best girl

End it? Why it's only just begun!

I end it by pointing out to the GM that I made it clear that my PC has no family or friends in his backstory. Then the tragic monster spontaneously disappears.

Can they fly/are they big enough to carry me, and can they be tamed?
If yes, then I just got a sweet new ride.
If no to either I end them.

It's your 'just ressurected' family that become a tragic monster.

You've got a lot of work ahead of you if you intend to become Best Dad.

Well that's just generally true but I'd rather a bullet to the head than going feet first under a steam roller.

Is this the daily thinly veiled MiA thread?
I'm adapting Torchbearer for the setting and I'm almost done.
docs.google.com/document/d/1hQlfMcAbHLvzogxY_FCJm0l7bQMB7Prr-3nm-4isBE0/edit?usp=sharing
And
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A_eRRjIh1k7Fe4tglLQ8zNNhnkdeVh4zXIkb9UGZ75g/edit?usp=sharing

Please give me your opinions on the content, and if someone here is a vet of Torchbearer, I'd be glad to get in contact, I'm still not sure I udnerstand everything about the system.

Man I can't wait until we get to Byrgenwerth...

I roll for anal circumference

If this isn't your answer, you have betrayed your imouto.

My little sister is already a tragic monster.

Yes.