Death Guard Inceptors edition

>Emperor's Children Legion Trait, Stratagem and Psychic Power
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/31/legion-focus-emperors-children/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising Edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Iron Cage was retconned

Second for Veeky Forums is totally gay

Third for the perfect legion

You know damn well what I meant when I said psychic, Carnac.

>Guilliman lacked the PSYCHIC POTENTIAL that His father had granted to SEVERAL OF HIS BROTHERS, but hwe was a child of the Emperor's making, and he ws sensitive to psychic energies of which a true non-psyker would be ignored.

>true non-psyker

And if you were English speaking, you'd know that for all intents and purposes, he is a non-psyker, he is not a pysker as we know it. He is sensitive to psychic shit, but he is not a pysker. He cannot cast spells.

Rank the Dreadnought frames by appearance.

This is what really happened

Oh god Carnac is here is he? I'm out, let you fucks argue with the autistic shitposter.

Tankred

Contemptor
Vulnerable
Leviathan
Boxnought
Obese man
>
>
>
>
Redemptor

Tankred > All other dreadnaughts

Good, at least Veeky Forums will be genocided in the fourth reich

Any grey knights leak? Any White Dwarf scan/pdf available?

you realise that includes you right?

nah, fuck it
Move the boxnought above the leviathan

We're at least 6 reichs in by now

Xth? for Chaos!

Not anymore

It was an equal fight, when Perty ran like a coward once Guilliman arrived

Nothing. Why would there be leaks? It's a general codex. The only new thing is Grandmasters can get in Dreadknights now.

Kaaaayooozzz!!

We are expecting four new datasheets. One is the dreadknight hq.

my nigga

That's the goal.

Face hard facts cucks

>Ultramarines are the most superior and purest chapter
>Primaris are the best marines and puny manlets are going to be phased out by 9th edition
>8th is the best edition of the game ever made and the best and most popular wargame in existence
>Chaos will always be the losers as they're an NPC race for edgelords and can't ever match the skill and strength of the Imperium in either the fluff or on the tabletop (as Landor campaign is proving)
>Anything you can do marines can do better, that's why marines now get superior crisis suits , terror squads, psykers and even monstrous creatures than the other NPC races.

>trying this hard

So basically Perty is Corax-tier. And Dorn is Lorgar-tier.

Deredere Dreadnought
Contempt Dreadnought
Leviathan Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Ironclad Dreadnought
Vanilla Dreadnought
Beergut Dreadnought

>And if you were English speaking, you'd know that for all intents and purposes, he is a non-psyker
Comeon man it says the exact opposite of that. Learn to grammer.
>if he was a true non-psyker he would be ignorant to psychic energies but he was a child of the Emperor's making

And calling Carnac because someone doesn't think your husbando is number 1? Lol. Horus was the best and most liked Primarch and that was entire point of his character. It why his betrayal was tragic and why the Heresy was actually a problem.

Why shouldn't I use C:SM to run Alpha Legion? I don't want any of the specifically Chaos stuff that C:CSM brings, and Alpha Legion gameplay is far closer to loyalists than it is to traitors.

Emps didint love any of the primarchs sadly.

>Ultramarines are the most superior and purest chapter
All chapters will be pure soon.
All hail Primaris!
All hail Gorillaman!
All hail Cawl.
[Spoiler]Initiate order 66 mfw

Doesn't stop Space Marines from continuing to be completely irrelevant on a galactic scale, though. One million troops could conceivably hold one planet tops. I will be chilling with my Admech along with all the Guard, Nids, Orks and other factions that have an actual impact on the universe outside of propaganda and the odd surgical strike that would have worked fine had you just teleported in bombs instead of men, thanks.

Do it my man if you paint them up I'm sure no one will give a hoot. Their new rules might reflect that though.

>The Grey Knights are the most secretive and the most powerful of all the Space Marine Chapters
Get cucked smurfs

>Every legion has specific strengths and weaknesses
>Guilliman gets in charge and forces them all to be organized and act like his legion
>10,000 years later
>OMG ULTRAS ARE SO GOOD BECAUSE THEY"RE THE BEST AT BEING ULTRAMARINES
Surprising stuff.

High Tier: Mark V Castaferrum, Contemptor, Deredeo, Leviathan

Mid Tier: Mark IV Castaferrum, Space Crusade Dreadnought

Peanut Tier: Rogue Trader Dreadnought

Shit Tier: Redemptor

>He didnt read MoM and just believed the memes
kys

I want it so bad this story line would be tight. Especially with them revealing that he basically has primaris tomb worlds he's running around opening up. Order 66 is gonna be niiiice.

Just run them as ultrasmurfs since Gulliman is Alpharius

Any Guard or GSC fags know how sentinels perform this edition?

I kind of want to integrate them into my CSM army for fluff reasons but not sure if it's worth bringing them to the table if they're particularly shit

I read dark imperium where it's spelled out in plain English bruh.

> Butt blasted power of friendship imperial.

Meh/10
Used to be walking heavy weapon platforms but since moving with heavy weapons isn't as such of a big deal and they still suffer -1 they are kinda disappointing.

>How to sell more Robo box sets

The sooner everyone realizes that the lore is all bullshit that they can change at any time, the better.

>Girlymans daddy issue opinions are facts
Pleaserino just stop

The main ones to watch out for now are scout sentinels with flamers and power loader sentinels.

Well, they are probably going to be one shot a whole lot less maybe.
Iunno, they're cheap, so load up a few scout sentinels with heavy flamers and torch a squad.

100 space marines is equivalent to 1000 of any other troop so that's closer to ten million marines.

Now factor in the fact that Ultramarines are at least twice as superior as any other marine and are effectively being seeded into every chapter to eventually replace them and you're looking at twenty million effective marines. More than enough to defend the galaxy alone let alone with the support of other Imperial forces like Guard and Sisters ( because Batman needs a robin and a Catwoman)

This is Konor News.

With 1 day and 20 hours to go, it is indeed looking like an Imperium win is inevitable.

The Imperium still holds everything. It looks like that is how it will go. Hopefully the next stage will be different but I have no real expectations that that will change.

That's your news update from your secret heretics at Konor News.

Didint he realize that the Emperor regarded them all as tools and that he felt the same about Crawls unholy hordes?

Why is John Oliver reporting 40k news? Isn't 40k too far ahead of the current year for him?

You know 20 million soldiers is still fuck all? Six BILLION Skitarii is about average to throw at a few solar systems, there's a Forge World in Gaunts Ghosts called Fortis Binary with a billion heretek cultists occupying it and two billion Guardsmen fighting to drive them out. Even if there WAS 20 million Marines they'd still do basically fuck all. If they were all at Cadia, maybe, or in some massed battle, but not split up into fragments barely big enough to deal with Space Hulks.

Thanks Mr. Oliver and Mr.Monster! In other news the price for info on the whereabouts of the Yannari leaders has doubled. Later are the ultra marines in collusion with the hated race traitor Yannari? More at Eleven.

Cheers guys I think if I do end up running them it'll probably have to be heavy flamers then. You'd think that the armoured ones at least would have some sort of PotMS style rule with gyroscopic stabilisers being in their lore and everything

he came to that realization, but that doesnt make it objective fact, it makes it his opinion.

You know they act as strike forces doing decapitation strikes whilst the PDF and imperial guard hold the line

DIS IZ KONORK NEWS.

WE'Z KRUMPED A BUNCHA GITZ. SUM WOZ SPIKY, SUM WOZ BLUE, AN' SUM WOZ OVVA ORKS.

DA END.

>10,000 years of torture
>Son finally comes along
>OMG WHY SO RUDE
Fucking Guilliman

>He cares about lore inconsistency
Space Marines can eat brains to absorb memories

Point is it's all based on girlymans assumptions where as in other literature it's clearly stated that Emps cares for his primies.

>people insisted that Matt Ward's Ultrawank would be curtailed due to the new management

It's not really the same kind of ultrawank though.

>Cherry picking the most extreme

K

Anyhow even 1 million captain Americas in flightless iron man suits aren't gonna have much effect on a galactic scale.

The Emperor should care for the primarchs, if only because of all the time, effort and resources it took to create them.

You're not wrong, but this is a product of game and lore not lining up.

Read the first story in Brothers of the Snake. That is what true space marines should be. The fact that 50 marines on the battlefield can be wiped out by 100 guardsmen isn't indicative of their actual power, it's just convention game mechanisms.

1 marine should be able to kill 1000 guardsmen without issue and before you do the math remember that marines are no longer the trench fighting first line they're designed for high priority and precision tactical attacks in larger engagements.

It's a shame there's such a disconnect. Because
>One is usually sufficient

You need to understand the scale of wars a little. For example 5,000,000 Germans died in Russia. That's just deaths.

If earth is capable of putting 40+ million men under arms in a single war what do you think even 1 million space marines would do to a galaxy?

Shit if you reflect the tabletop and assume a ww2 mg is roughly equivalent to a autogun you could drop a space marine chapter into ww2 and they would hardly be noticed.

The Guard the Admech and the Navy are the only significant military forces in the Imperium of man.

---HYDRA DOMINATUS---

not anymore

Do I want fragstorms or stormbolters on my Redemptor?

> Be me
> Have huge amounts of converted models
> Too afraid to paint them for fucking them up
> Try to paint a couple of guys every month or so
> Takes hours to do something that would take normal people fifteen minutes
> Do base + wash and feel good about myself
> Go to layer
> Thinks it looks shit
> Revert to drybrush
> Looks worst
> Strip model
> Feels bad
Any tips? I don't want to commission because I like the idea of painting (but not actually doing it).

This is always the response. For one thing, decap strikes aren't magically going to disband the enemy army unless they're a cultist rabble, chain of command is a thing.

Also, why the hell do you need Space Marines for those? You can teleport things, just use that to drop bombs on their heads or even a team of Thallax or Scions. It's not like you need a thousand men's worth of genemods and power armour to shoot one fat Lord General in a chair and a couple guardsmen. Sure, they're good at what they do, but certainly not good enough to warrant their stupid expense and unique wargear like Centurion Suits and tanks that won't be used in surgical strikes. If that's their only way to be effective, why are all Marines not jump pack or Termie Armour for max Deep Strike capability?

Yes, you can use Loremarines to do some pretty ludicrous things, but they still die if you shoot them with a plasma gun or lascannon, as even that little Greatest Hits pile says. Castellax and Kastelans rip them up, Ruststalkers kill CSM Terminators in their first appearance. The odd occasion where they butcher their way through thousands of infantry doesn't really line up with all their own depiction in the vast majority of other lore, which has them being killed by things worth far less than them since their costs are also insane.
Quite frankly, you don't need their skills for their job and their skills are insufficient for any other job. Spend the money on more Navy ships and install teleportariums in some of the armouries.

frag

You are conflating lore with the actual game. Mrines die like flies in the game, but in the lore it's seriously difficult to bring one down. In the game you set up obvious battle lines and then maneuver your shit, but in the lore marines execute surgical strikes deep in enemy territory in order to seriously fuck up supply lines, chains of command, essentially they remove key tactical and strategic objectives. An army of 1k marines can dish out enough destruction and chaos that an army of billions doesn't really matter.

If ever a marine army is "Chapter strength" there's serious shit going down and the enemy is about to get ripped a new one. Marines don't typycally fight in traditional theatres of war and if they ever do there's more than one chapter involved.

Think about Armageddon. The Space Wolves didn't march up to a Hive City and destroy the front door to fight their way up the spires. They were inserted in the Hive proper while the Guard and PDF armies kept the bulk of the heretics occupied.

Always habe a trial model where you can experiment with techniques and color scheme

Because the big threats aren't that common

Stormbolters. Better range, guaranteed amount of shots (4 at short ranges like that of the fragstorms) and cost half the points.

How good are the Possessed models? Looking at the sprues I might run them without wings.

They seem fast at 7", will probably get disgustingly resilient and seem to just be quite thematic.

Plus their advance would be more reliable with a noxious blightbringer, who also buffs poxwalkers, giving me a decent melee horde.

Yeah, the couple of models I said I paint? They're the test models.

Just keep doing layers and keep painting models.
Once you've done em all you'll probably be a better painter and you might go back to any old paintjobs and redo them if you feel like you must.

you do know the Iron Cage always had two different versions to it, right? That's the one from the IW index astartes.

The IF index astartes goes in the other direction
>Without his customary caution and planning, Dorn led his men into the heart of the Iron Warrior defences. The battle should have favoured the treacherous trench-fighters, but the Imperial Fists endured. They countered every ambush and fought their way out of every trap. Rogal Dorn was a colossus who personally turned back attack after attack. Ammunition expended, Brothers fought in half-flooded trenches with combat knives, giving and expecting no quarter. Eventually it became apparent that the Iron Warriors could not finish them. For all their skill and ferocity, the Iron Warriors lacked the faith to make the ultimate sacrifice that victory demanded. While they paused, the Ultramarines intervened; Guilliman had decided that Perturabo's destruction was not worth the loss of Rogal Dorn and had brought his Chapter to drive off the Iron Warriors.

Codex space marines will obviously follow the IF's version of the story. Codex chaos space marines will undoubtedly have the IW version. The whole point of the fucking story is that both sides thought they had the advantage over the other, when in reality it was just a plain old stalemate.

What's the deal with all the Necron HQs being sold out on GWs website? The only one that's not sold out is the Catacomb Comand Barge.

>just use that to drop bombs on their heads or even a team of Thallax or Scions.

Teleport 5 Ursarax in, they're like cyborg jump-Eversors with twin claws/fists and chest mounted death rays.

I dunno, how would the second world war have gone if 10 Marines were drop podded onto the Furerbunker in 1939?

New edition is more popular than GW predicted

Use the FW ones, worth every penny

How much more popular.

should I consider putting my chinacast models on GW bases?
unlike GW bases the chinks send me these a bit thicker bases that are pretty bendy

>tfw Chaplin dread doesnt even need dual fists
Welp, what should I put on him?

>thallax
Should be kept in 30k
>scions
Because they're still men whereas space marines can heal wounds in seconds
>not all that
Because during the crusade they used that way and the codex astartes is how Guilliman thought crusade war should be perfected

The problem is that I get so depressed once I've done one and can't bring myself to paint again for weeks. It hasn't always been like this, hell once I could knock out a unit in a week and feel really good about it even though it was trash-tier

Depends on who's side they'd be on.
So populare their shit is selling out on the website.

Oh god I remember when GW released the fucking AWFUL metal Possessed and got tons of shit for it, so FW went "lol GW watch this" and released these beauties.

Seems expensive and never worked with resin.

Am apprehensive.

Stalin's side obviously

Yes, but, H O W much popular.

Can I get any kind of numbers?

>Sold out
Need to ship more
>no longer available
New models

You just set that first guy aside and start again.
In the end you can compare your first attempt with your latest and that progress will feel great.
Also you can try watching painting tutorials to see how they paint and try to adapt their technique.
Sorestros Painting Guide on his Imperial Assault really helped me a lot.

Just paint them with a simple base+wash+base color edge highlight for now, it's simple to do, it will teach you how to edge highlight, mistakes aren't visible at table height and it's easy to correct them