/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/quSzkadj
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5361481/
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5280959/chargen-and-rules
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does anyone have a game in the works? Something with a custom setting preferably, I hate competing with people who have already read the entire AP.

Lewd is okay but not necessary

Well, let's try to spark some discussion since op went and did OP things.

So, /pfg/, what do we think of the Skullfucks and Shackles applicants so far? Some are rather complete, some are barebones, but there's enough to get started on thinking who's most likely to get in! What's good about each one? What's bad? Who's the cutest? Who is most likely to be memed? Here's the list thus far, in order of posts in the thread.

Raimi, CN Male Tengu Stalker (Privateer)
Edouard Tentare, N Male Undine Avowed (Aspirant, Old One Pact)
Nimiriel Tarime, CG Female Elf Warlord (Privateer)
Mar Wavewielder, CN Male(?) Water Kineticist
Amelia, NG Female Cacaelia Aegis (Aberrant)
Luculeia Valso, CN Female Human Bard (Sea Singer)
Cephaiea, NE Female Cacaelia Brawler (Strangler)
Edda Carpenter, CG Female Half-Elf Occultist
Kresh, TN Female Teifling (Hungerseed) Stalker (Brutal Slayer)
Rekina, CN Female Skinwalker (Seascarred) Ungermaw (Cannibal)

The tentacles are hot.

OP is a retard who can't copy and paste

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

>Pitchbreather (Ex) A hexbreather that is the child of an annis hag can sometimes gain damage reduction 2/bludgeoning. This DR/bludgeoning increases by 1 per 3 character levels the hexbreather possesses. This racial trait replaces claws.

What does "sometimes" mean exactly? Just randomly?

It means when you take that ART instead of claws.

Let's talk about celebrities, /pfg/

T'is a bamboozle

God, I'm a retard, that's actually really obvious. I was looking too deep into it I guess, sorry.

The only celeb conversation I want to have is what can we learn from the PLD recruitment process but every time it's brought up, all we get is cancer

What can we learn about what?
How to avoid it in future?
What it did right? What mistakes people fell into?
How Vult successfully managed to to get a group that held together under his DM style against the odds?

Who are you guys and why, as a tg frequenter, have I only just noticed you lot recently?

>what can we learn from the PLD recruitment process

PFG is full of hyper-subs with a rape fetish. And Captain Slow isn't one of them

Remember to #SupportSOPA and put an end to copyright infringement.

Digital piracy:

Harms content creators and creative industries
Helps fund organised crime and terrorism

And is a federal offence.

We're /pfg/.

>We are Anonymous
>We are Legion
Nah, just a bunch of bastards suffering through a convoluted system.

Write to your senator to encourage them to put pressure on ISPs to block "torrents" and illegal file sharing services like MEGA.

Vult getting a functioning group is entirely due to how he structured the app process.

People literally should learn from his example. Or, to a lesser extent, Ensoulment which I think did copy from him.

Oh shit this is pathfinder? Oh I feel like a tit, didn't relise you had changed the name to paizo games.

Fuck off Arkwright, stop defending autism.

>People literally should learn from his example

Vult copied it directly from RotJR...

I don't mean the meme contest, I mean the restrictions and requirements about backstories

Paizo made Pathfinder, so yeah. It got renamed because we're looking at having a spin-off game called Starfinder soon. It actually looks decent, but there's still time to dash our hopes and dreams.

Fuck off, Vult.

The fucking nightwalker tome bullshit is literally just "have a campaign premise" and not a terribly good one at that. Nothing was fucking copied.

You sound awfully bitter at the prospect of restricting backstories to include certain story beats.

Have you looked at the other games being offered?

Except, I'm not? I'm shitting on you for felllating Vult(most likely yourself) for something that is hardly fucking unique or noteworthy.

>It actually looks decent, but there's still time to dash our hopes and dreams.
I can't wait to be disappointed.

The rudder's in the wrong place.

Then why do so many games fail to do it? A minority if non AP games actually give coherent plot pitches

Why do so many games fail to adhere to WBL?
Why do so many games not have decent Char Gen?
Why do so many games fail to have satisfying and challenging encounters?

Every game doesn't doesn't do everything perfectly.

>for something that is hardly fucking unique or noteworthy

Yeah? Then name some of those non-AP campaigns that provide solid backstory requirements and restrictions, or hell the ones that give a solid pitch for the plot at all.

>Every game doesn't doesn't do everything perfectly.

>I'm shitting on you for fellating Vult (most likely yourself) for something that is hardly fucking unique or noteworthy.
>Something that is hardly fucking unique or noteworthy

A healthy dialogue would help this. We all want better games.

See

Ensoulment didn't copy a thing, and Protag is both more handsome and could handily beat Vult in a fight.

I want worse games, because then people will abandon pathfinder

I like everything about Rekina other than her design, something about "cartoonish shark bimbo" doesn't make me think "yo I wanna fuck that."

Implying the fight wouldn't be Lou vs Tyler Durden

Updates are in progress. More factions have been added, first of all!
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5361481/

Ensoulment
Overlewd
Dragons 1&2
Journey to the West
Pendragon

>, something about "cartoonish shark bimbo"
That's the entirety of her personality though.

"She likes to eat and fuck and then she got real thick so she eats and fucks more"

>player character has dead family backstory
>(his animal companion is named after his dead sister)
>wants to have his family resurrected
>they've been dead like 2-3 years I am pretty sure
>resurrection is expensive af (he's a level 5 ranger)
>now he wants to capture a djinn noble and use all 3 wishes on resurrecting his family members

I have several questions on how to approach this as a GM
>how does one make contact with a djinn
>would a djinn give wishes in return for services (i.e. adventure hook shit)?
>they could likely defeat the djinn in combat, but it could just escape with gaseous form, right?
>would a chaotic good djinn be willing to help?
>how broken is this going to get?

Just give me your opinion on how you as a GM would handle this. I am thinking he will have them do some favor on the elemental plane of air (I've never done an extraplanar adventure in D&D or Pathfinder before so I think it'd be fun) and that will be payment. Might be quite a long adventure, though, especially for 3 whole wishes.

>Overlewd
>Literally just "you're evil and in wilderness, make something!"

You needed a reason for wanting to fuck with the empire.

While we're at it

Streets of Cantha(players were part of the same game and received dreams from the same enity)

Skypirates(You needed a connection to the Captain and Crew)

All 3 instances of that shitty fluffy city game.

Up to you
Of course
Possibly, there's plenty of ways to stop that, and dont forget gaseous form is dr/magic, which is absolute shit.
possibly
up to you

You need to understand that my expectations for this campaign are low enough that I'm fine with that being the entirety of her personality, what I'm having issue with is the fact she's literally an absurdly busty cartoon shark-girl. If she was just, say, an absurdly busty human girl with the same personality, I'd be fine with it.

DESU for all the fear and loathing when he showed up, IDrive's character is kind of... boring and tame compared to what I was expecting. I was expecting something really that-guy and out there, not... a half-elf surgeon-antiquarian.

...Which one is which?

I mean "all" he was really infamous for was making a ton of characters in the RotJR waiting room and pumping and dumping the HV campaign.

That was before my time, though; but the reaction when he showed back up or whatever, you'd think he was, I dunno, our own virtualoptim or something.

Those are some prime examples of fucking up the plot requirement. Sky Pirates especially

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5280959/chargen-and-rules
Campaign traits have been slightly updated! One new, reworked what memberships are valid, Agent is now Disguise OR Bluff.

user...

>Ensoulment
>"You are important, go here."

>Overlewd
>"You don't like the Empire, go here."

>Dragons 1 and 2
>You live in here

>Journey to the West
>Quality writing, but amounted to, "You are important, go here."

I don't even remember Pendragon, sooooooo

Pendragon was "you're at an academy to become important"

Virtualoptim...
Damn, that takes me back, user

And just to cut you off at the pass, PLD's prompt could be boiled down to something as simple as this, but instead of simply being important, you also have two necessary life events,

>You are important, you met a Merchant, you encountered a Manifestation

That alone is significantly more prompt than just telling us, "You signed up for this trade company for whatever" or "you know the captain or crew however."

> but instead of simply being important, you also have two necessary life events,
>"You signed up for this trade company for whatever" or "you know the captain or crew however."
It really fucking isn't, Vult.

>tfw will never be called a slam dunk like Sigmund
F

There is a big difference between forcing events that occurred throughout a character's life and forcing an event that could be squirted out in the final paragraph. That's the difference between PLD and all the others, the former actually expects you to weave the restrictions into the entire backstory, rather than just the end.

How about this for a comparison

How many other games have stayed "on plot"?

And you know what, so this isn't gong to devole into a "nu uh!' argument. I'll explain.

How is "You meet the Captain" any fucking different from "You meet the Merchant". How the fuck is "you witnessed a Tome Manifestation(a vague "badthing" even that wasn't detailed and players were expected to mind read)" any more or less of a prompt then "You went through the application process to get into a specific academy for magic bullshit" or "You have grievance and a reason to hunt down this specific powerful necromancer" and "You're the servant of this specific Queen of Dragons"?
> the former actually expects you to weave the restrictions into the entire backstory, rather than just the end.
So did all the other games, at least those applications that stood a chance.

But tell me this, cause I really want to know. Are you Vult or someone playing in PLD? If not, what is your fucking reason for sucking off this game so much?

Except what a Manifestation was wasn't made clear at all, probably purposefully, so in essence it really meant "something went to shit at some point, describe it".

For starters, because Sky Pirates starts by making the captain betray you and gave no indication of why you should stick around after.

What you're not getting is the difference between setting and plot. If you weren't in the demesne, the dragons game is simply not the same. Tome Manifestations could occur in Starfinder because they are plot, not setting.

Not him by the way

PLD has the second highest drop rate after HV. I would not want people to "learn from his example" if they want a functioning group.

You're not making any fucking sense.
>you and gave no indication of why you should stick around after.
Neither does PLD. These are things that would come up during play. Which is kinda leading me to suspect you and the person I was talking too are PLD players/Vult samefagging.
> If you weren't in the demesne, the dragons game is simply not the same
Yes it could. At it's core you're just taking orders from some hot shot draconic entity.

I have 2+1 skill ranks per level as a 5th level Paladin, in where should I spend them? 1 to climb and swim are pertty much obvious, also maxed Diplomacy and Intimidation because party lacks a Face?

I think one of the best parts of Ensoulment, in this regard, is that it asked players to have their CHARACTERS justify their involvment in the plot. I don't think it was an actual requirement, but Protag did say he recommended it in the app page and I think all the apps that got in did it.

Actually having to write your character articulating why they personally want to get into the campaign was a great idea and tied characters into it far better than "I'll throw this piece of information or these couple events into the tailend of the backstory."

Every PLD conversation occurs around the same two time frames and most of them end up with a reveal that Vult was in fact in the room. The game carries itself as one of the biggest successes on the thread when it's one of the few games that actually has had public issues, the default state of other games being shut up and play.

Honestly I think PLDhaters should shut up even more than the players should though. I only bring up the rest because I want to point out what a waste of time you're spending trying to convince anybody when it's always the same song and dance.

I'm building a science fantasy setting inspired by Bronze and Stone Age myths, with a dashes of late 19th and early-mid 20th century tropes and aesthetics. For my own system, but I could adapt it to Pathfinder pretty easily. I'll just have to adjust the math, and remove/replace a few mechanics.

That only really works for certain kinds of frameworks though.

>Sigmund will never slam your dunk

I'm pretty sure it's Vult

Ideally you should have Diplomacy, Intimidation, Sense Motive, Knowledge Religion and at least something in Ride, Climb and Swim. But Paizo hates you.

>Actually having to write your character articulating why they personally want to get into the campaign was a great idea and tied characters into it far better than "I'll throw this piece of information or these couple events into the tailend of the backstory."

The greatest character applications, in my opinion, have always focused on the campaign tone and campaign themes more than the campaign prompt itself. Campaigns are so much more than the initial blurb as to why the character is there, reasons that often never survive past the first three sessions, so what you need to do is glean the focus of the story and build around that.

Like Kingmaker is so much more than just answering the call of Restov, it's about exploration, the struggles of man vs. nature, lawlessness and order, and most importantly the overarching theme of a fresh start in a fresh land. Write a character that embodies those values and you've got a character that will last. The campaigns that never make it big around here are the campaigns that do a really shitty job at telling us what the campaign is actually about, like Dominions of Vice being little more than a merchant mission into Osirion, or Pendragon being a simple story of magical academies.

The difference is the merchants are 100% of the PLD plot, while "you're in charge now" "your captain vanished" and "grandma has a quest for you" are just the introduction. PLD started after the call to adventure

It's always Vult. I wish he would stop...

There were at least 3 people being "Vult" and even then, so what? This is an actual discussion with merit.

How do I become a /pfg/ celebrity?

There isn't merit because you're not actually showing why PLD's pitch is any different.
The Merchants are a McGuffin Villain Faction, the pitch tells us very little about them and players have wildly differing levels of involvement with them. The Manifestations are even more vague and are just a generic 'this is bad' thing.

>The campaigns that never make it big
You imply this is something to aspire too.

Also, I think you and people like you romanticize things far, far too much. You give Paizo too much credit.
> it's about exploration, the struggles of man vs. nature, lawlessness and order, and most importantly the overarching theme of a fresh start in a fresh land.
3/4ths of these things are inherent to D&D by it's very nature as a game.

I would say that campaigns make it big because they're talked about rather than that they're talked about because they make it big.

FotJR to SotJR being an example of the same campaigns except we've seen examples of SotJR players dragging their game up for discussion. Several big games like Overlewd and Ensoulment went quiet despite massive hype excepting when Succula is trying to meme himself into popularity which sparks further discussion.

The games that see regular discussion are without exception, all publicly known to shill themselves. The natural state of a game around here regardless of attention going in seems to be to play quietly and occasionally share green text when it's relevant.

This is actually a good thing.

Where the fucking hell are the Ensoulment greens though?

This, desu

aaaaaaaa I want a campaign about forbidden love!

Apply to high profile games, and cultivate memes to get accepted. Once you're in, befriend as many players as you can. Eventually, you'll be invited to join the Cabal. Once you're in, participate in discussion and make a reputation as a person who's helpful, interesting, and humorous. That's really the master stroke; at that point, you've become a celeb and will reap the benefits.

aaaaaaa I want a game where I can have forbidden love for DHB!

>Once you're in, participate in discussion and make a reputation as a person who's helpful, interesting, and humorous
lol

So, bad news. Apparently Paizo is fulfilling the subscriptions for Pathfinder first and Starfinder second, so the PDF's going to take a while. How long? Can't be sure, but I'll let you know as soon as it shows up.

Its a bamboozle dont bother with it.

That's okay you're doing your best.

Been away for a bit but it looks like Iron gods closes in a few hours.

Any predictions on picks?

You realize PLD is a mystery game, right?

Are you the user who was complaining about mind reading?

PAIZOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem m8.

DM seems pretty involved on Discordian and applied to other games though so

So were other boozleGms before they disappeared.

Nobody, cause it is a fucking bamboozle

Srly, why Paladin, Fighter and some other classes don't have 4+Int ranks? it's mind boggling that shit like this hasn't been fixed yet.