Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Corruption, Fame, Stress, and Other Crap Edition:

Have you implemented esoteric and non-standard mechanics into your game? How did it pan out.

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles
discord.gg/KPKWdyr
docs.google.com/document/d/10MzQQumu0nksyGWKwmlVZFteXGUICeULHzehQKZWR8c/edit?usp=sharing
paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gn#v5748eaic9r9h
youtube.com/watch?v=O1CQ7Vwz8Eo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When will "it's just this one shitposter" meme die?

So, /pfg/, what do we think of the Skullfucks and Shackles applicants so far? Some are rather complete, some are barebones, but there's enough to get started on thinking who's most likely to get in! What's good about each one? What's bad? Who's the cutest? Who is most likely to be memed? Here's the list thus far, in order of posts in the thread.

Raimi, CN Male Tengu Stalker (Privateer)
Edouard Tentare, N Male Undine Avowed (Aspirant, Old One Pact)
Nimiriel Tarime, CG Female Elf Warlord (Privateer)
Mar Wavewielder, CN Male(?) Water Kineticist
Amelia, NG Female Cacaelia Aegis (Aberrant)
Luculeia Valso, CN Female Human Bard (Sea Singer)
Cephaiea, NE Female Cacaelia Brawler (Strangler)
Edda Carpenter, CG Female Half-Elf Occultist
Kresh, TN Female Teifling (Hungerseed) Stalker (Brutal Slayer)
Rekina, CN Female Skinwalker (Seascarred) Ungermaw (Cannibal)

Can I ask what day this is? I might apply, been looking for a game.

Nightwalker has been pretty fucking neato

Unknown! Presumably it will be determined once all the PCs are selected!

Is there like a roll20 link or should we just apply here?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles Here you go, user! Apply with someone cute and handsome!

Well, Edda's easily the worst of the bunch just for who her player is. Everyone else is nice, though I feel like the tentacles are a little too meme-pushed. Luculeia seems like a fun character in particularly, and Rekina hits all my fetishes.

Sometimes I feel I should write a book; "Turning Memes into Encounters and Side-Quests"

>though I feel like the tentacles are a little too meme-pushed.
a little?

WTF happened in the last thread? Did 2hu kill a dog or something?

2hu was an utterly obnoxious and insufferable autist.
He got kicked from the discord from that, thread exploded.

>want CMB memery of old Lore Warden
>but AATs and even Bravery is actually pretty useful now

Fug

Yes, just a little bit. I like understatement.

>That OP
REMIND YOURSELF

I use a type of Corruption mechanic in my own game, but the players have managed to avoid most situations where it would be inflicted. Might be time to change that though.

I got a quick question before I have to go to work.

>punishing kick.
>allows a bull rush as an attack, growing in distance as you level up.
>level one kicks five feet away, level ten kicks ten feet away, fifteen feet at level fifteen, and twenty feet at level twenty.

What would happen if I used this as an attack of opportunity? What would happen if I kicked someone in a grapple? Or something huge, like a Russian tank?

Also why doesn't the brutal pugalist gain monk punching?

It worked this time!

Also am I able to join the discord, so I can bother you guys with more questions?

discord.gg/KPKWdyr

Thank you.

Any good way to play a dragon rider?

Bouncy Body spell.

Pretty sure that cavalier and ranger get a drake rider archetype, but it's kind of terrible.

Maybe leadership? Halfling or gnome might be able to get a medium dragon cohort at least.

Looking for suggestions/inspiration for my next session's locale. PCs (lv 1-2) have explored mines, haunted house, ruins, forests, swamps, and most recently the sewers under the city.

Only a few hours before the game tonight, any ideas are appreciated.

A revolt breaking out in the city is pretty good for low levels

Cave ruins are a good place to go. I did one short campaign with a few friends, and in the process of a cave-in/floor collapse, discovered a long-lost duergar death camp. They had a lot of fun with dealing with all the ghosts from both the officers and the prisoners within.

A ruined underground city that houses ancient technologies and magical artefacts.

2hu pirated a DSP book's early release, got banned from the Discord for doing it.

Betrothed Dragon Avowed, Draconic Avenger Vigilante, Wyvern Rider archetype for DHB's Cavalier, and the one wyvern rider archetype for the dread homebrew some user posted a while ago.

I was planning on making a character for it, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not worried about it being a bamboozle, but if there are Starfinder games around the corner I don't want to fill my schedule with other games. It's a shame too, because I already have a couple character ideas I like for S&S, and leaving a character unmade is worse to me than making a character and not having them get picked.

A recently abandoned fort with corpses still somewhat fresh strewn around.

I'm pretty new to /pfg/, but looking at all the applicants and their backstories is really impressive. Everyone is such an awesome writer, it's super humbling!

Legendary Gunslingers playtest up

docs.google.com/document/d/10MzQQumu0nksyGWKwmlVZFteXGUICeULHzehQKZWR8c/edit?usp=sharing

What do you like specifically about each backstory, out of curiosity?

>Clicked the legendary gunslinger link in the table
>Was not disappointed

Good show.

>Joint Mastery: Whenever the legendary gunslinger wields an axe musket, warhammer musket, or other double weapon which is composed of a firearm, if one end of that weapon has an enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls, she can apply that enhancement bonus to both ends of that weapon.

That's rad

I said it before and I'll say it again, I always find it refreshing to see newcomers to /pfg/.

I hope you can keep that kind of attitude after staying here for a few months. I think everybody feels the quality of an average /pfg/er's app is still better than what you see from most random people from Roll20, but we've also gotten a little snooty about apps. Maybe that's just a sign of fierce competition? Some people have expressed a distaste for what's come to be known as "the app circus" though, and feel it just shits up the threads instead of leading to better apps. APPZ APPZ APPZ certainly can shit up a thread, but I think there's a healthy middle between that and keeping radio silence about games in these threads.

You know, at first I thought 3/4 BAB was bad, but thinking about how guns work, it really fits them. I'm pretty cool with it now.

I can retrain a feat into something I didn't qualify for at the time I got it but do qualify for now, right? Specifically, if a feat requires a BAB of +15, can my 3/4s BAB PC retrain his 19th level feat (when his BAB was +14) into the other feat at level 20 when he has +15 BAB?

No. You have to retrain into a feat that you could have fit in that level, and you can't retrain into feats if they're part of a feat tree you went through.

Truly, there are few surprises to be had in this compilation of applications. For it is well-known that applications are selected not by quality of prose or verisimilitude, but by the sheer amount of precious hours squandered ponderously promoting ones own creations in the relative safety afforded by the far side of the screen of a computing device. Though, lest we be mistaken, one must recall the myriad of seedy individuals, for whom there is no greater goal than to perform debased and lascivious acts, with those blessed few capable of consistent creation; for they too engage in that all too familiar, yet repulsive and odious, practice. If I were to make an assertion, I would state that the progenitor of this pedestrian work likely enjoys relationships of the... Hellenic persuasion.

You could have saved a lot of keystrokes if you just called us all fags to start with, user.

"Can I retrain a feat to replace it with a feat I didn’t qualify for at the level I originally gained that feat?

Yes. As long as the new feat is a valid feat for your current character, you can retrain the old feat and replace it with the new feat.

For example, if you are a 3rd-level rogue who took Improved Initiative at 1st level, you can retrain that feat and replace it with Weapon Focus. Even though Weapon Focus has a prerequisite of “base attack bonus +1” (which means you couldn’t take it as a 1st-level rogue), it is a valid feat for your current level (3rd), and is therefore a valid choice for retraining. (Note: Likewise, the fighter class ability to retrain fighter bonus feats does not require you to meet all of the new feat’s prerequisites at the level you originally gained the feat.)"

Source: paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gn#v5748eaic9r9h

Retrain away, friend.

Ctrl+P is only two keystrokes.

>Ctrl+P is only two keystrokes.

What were they printing, user?

You're a clever one and you've metaphorically caught me with my pants down. As is the tradition of my people, I now offer you a gift so that you cannot bind my soul. Please take this .gif and use it well.

I meant Ctrl+V, obviously.

>mfw Starfinder comes out and people start ripping off sci-fi games wholesale
>mfw discount GLaDOS

As I wrote that I'm telling myself I'm 5 years too late. God am I old.

Your gif is... acceptable.

Continue with your business, but keep your wits about you, yet your soul still be lost this night!

I'm more worried about the Warkiddies with their Space Marines and Deus Vults and Xenocide. Basically, this song played straight.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1CQ7Vwz8Eo

>implying that would be bad
Why must you be such a heretic user?

Is there any guide or advice for building a Bethrothed Avowed that /pfg/ can give me?

>Iomedae and not Ragathiel or Aroden
>Emperor
>Female
This is some high tier heresy user

invest in debuffs, your damage will be ass

Why did DHB have his dragon rider archetype ride a wyvern instead of an actual dragon when dragons are way cooler?

Because dragons are overpowered

To be fair, her arrogance matches ol' Emps better than the other two easily

Boozzle in the making

Oh cool, someone posted it already. I was gonna get around to it, but had to go grab food. Anyways yeah, playtest is open, made some changes, but overall I really like the direction. And as always, expect some more content to pop up along the way.

Ragathiel has always been an angsty chump and Aroden is dead.

Iomedae is basically Rule 63 Emperor and that's majestic.

Aside from the critical feats, are there any other ways I can make a crit even worse for the enemy?

But user, what about the first and second Abrogail Thrunes? The Hellknights served under them without much issue.

Hellknights don't even serve the God-Empress, they're Warrior-Monks dedicated to the balance of Law and Order in the Pact Worlds.

Essentia Session 1 happened yesterday
>everyone gathers outside the castle for the big hubbaloo of seeing who is invited to the castle for interviews about joining the ruling council
>Eadric, sleepy spymaster extraordinare, wakes up from his nap in a tree and then fucks off over the castle wall undetected
>Rosalin and Delilah are bullied for being homunculi
>Elder-End the forest nymph(o) mingles, disguised as a human
>Fidda Rostami, overconfident crimelord, walks around to observe everyone without talking much
>Rosalin is so innocent and kind it hurts
>Delilah is so deadpan with everything she says that she might as well be a necromancer
>seriously, this fucking doll gets weird looks and condescension from adults the whole session and every retort is golden
>gates finally open, Fidda, Rosalin, and Delilah are admitted without incident
>Elder-End gets into a pissing contest with the majordomo and is almost kicked out because she was too proud to pull out her invitation when asked
>Fidda talks to the homunculi with so much innuendo that nobody knows what she's even talking about
>Elder-End and Delilah spit fire at each other
>Party is admitted to the banquet hall, Eadric shows up out of nowhere
>Fidda and Eadric have a silent pissing contest the entirety of the feast because Fidda thinks he's an assassin and Eadric is weirded out by her staring
>Rosalin immediately enters the kitchen and bullies the cooks for doing a bad job, takes up the meal prep herself
>Delilah is talked to by more people, continues deadpan savagery
>Elder-End gets into a pissing contest with a rival for the magister position, charms her into submission
>Rosalin leaves the kitchen, talks with Fidda, the seeds of /u/ are planted
>Mayor finally arrives, gives a speech, leaves after telling Fidda that Eadric is not an assassin, Fidda pops a blood vessel
>Elder-End seduces an inventor girl while waiting for the interviews to start

All in all it was intended quality fucking session and Delilah is the most deadpan 5 cha dollgirl ever. The GM was constantly interrupted by how ridiculous she was.

>Rosalin: "Excuse me little lady, but are you here alone?"
>Delilah looks up, staring at Rosalin with those big (vaguely unsettling) eyes of hers, a blank expression on her pale face. "Yes. I am here on my own."
>Rosalin: "I know this is an interesting day, but children shouldn't be alone. It can be dangerous."
>Delilah: "I will be alright. I am not stupid, like many of the people here."

>Singer’s Quirk (Ex): At 2nd level and every eight levels afterwards, an anthem gunner selects one Intelligence or Wisdom based skill; she may choose to use her Charisma modifier in place of her Intelligence or Wisdom when determining her bonus for that skill.

>This ability alters slinger’s quirk.

How does Charisma-based Perception with a Circlet of Persuasion work?

I've lurked for a long time on Veeky Forums and /pfg/, but I've never really posted until recently resolving myself to being more active here and the Discord. I've always been the 'admire good writing from afar' type.

I'm really not able to say. I'm very easy to please as a person and I think a lot of the backstories are well written, so I can't really pinpoint exactly what I liked about each one reliably; but I can give small reasons!

Nimiriel is a really cool character to read about. I think an Osirion Desert Elf is something you don't see a lot(at least, I don't), and I love Osirion characters in the first place.

Luculeia is simplistic but made me want to know more about her.

Cephaiea and Cephilia are both really adorable, with an interesting dynamic and backstory between them!

Rekina is super lewd, and although I see her as more of a Lizardfolk over a Skinwalker, I still think the character is cool. Not sure what an Ungermaw is exactly, but it's neat!

I like Sibyl a ton and even though her backstory is pretty fucked, I still like the character a lot, and how she ended up with the crew.

It's lame of me to play favorites, but I like Aillee the most. Maybe it's the 'bird werewolf' thing, but the backstory is really fascinating, and Tian Xia characters are my faves, with Osirions, and the personality of the character seems easy to connect with. c:

It provides a +3.

How? I haven't a fucking clue.

Hellknights recruit from the Xenos, because even a xenos can appreciate law and order. Heck, the iconic image of an SF Hellknight is a Kasatha.
This obviously is verboten in Iomedae's Imperium of forget what happened to Golarion

>it's going to be another "dude exploit lmao" episode

it just WORKS okay

Implying Bestiary 6 doesn't confirm Ragathiel as the one Emperor.

How does it do this?

Can you counterspell a SLA? This came up last session and we couldn't figure out the answer (the DM decided on the fly you can but we still want to know the answer). If you can point me to where the rules specifically say the answer, I would appreciate it.

>Haeldra the Red: "You know, no offense, but listening to the pair of you converse is like reading an instruction manual on how to make conversation."
>Delilah: (Initially talking to Rosalin) "My breath is unsullied by the foul scent of masticated food and beverage, and as such, I have no need for mints." Delilah begins, sllloooowly turning her head around to look up to the (not that much taller) hatted woman. "I fail to see how offense can be received from your statement. If our conversation is worthy to be placed into an instruction manual, it is obviously superb."
>Haeldra the Red: "Right. Obviously. Because you're following the rules that someone else set up, you must be doing it right."
>Delilah: "Clearly. I am pleased that you understand that fact."
>Haeldra the Red: "So did you happen to read about something called irony in that instruction book of yours, youngling?"
>Delilah: "Yes. Historically, the word 'Irony' gained it's name from an ancient play which involved three characters. Alazon, a man who believed himself better than others, Bomolochus, a man who was dumber than everyone else, and Eiron, a man who utilized sarcasm to put the others in their place."
"I fail to see how ancient plays are relevant to this conversation."
>Haeldra the Red: "That might be the first time I heard someone take the word "Textbook definition" so literally.
>Delilah: "I am pleased to have given you a new insight."

I'd just say it gives a +3, I'm not sure if there's any real complicated interaction that needs to be given.

>Golden Armor and Wings
>Golden Flaming sword
>Sun-baked skin and FABULOUS black hair
>Divine Charisma so good it acts as protection
>Fire so powerful it burns devils

But how does Charisma-based Perception work?

>jolly' legendary gunslinger blowing DHB's shitty UC gunslinger out of the water
Life is good. Fuck DHB for shitting on this general.

Jesus fuck dude.

I know no one liked your game to begin with, but posting snippets of """""witty""""" dialogue isn't going to sway us.

You are so attractive everything wants to show itself to you.

You believed you saw something so hard it manifests itself into reality.

You're so used to being around people, and dealing with social situations, that you have a knack for picking out subtleties others may miss.

Iomedae has the same stuff, only betterer.

DHB isn't forcing you to use his gunslinger change, user. Do you have brain damage?

Are you okay, user? Is there something you need to get off of your chest?

I mean I could make it SU so I don't have to answer that, not sure what the circlet of persuasion had to do if you were asking a question about that. You're just so pretty that things want to be seen by you.

Yes.

That dialogue isn't funny. Or interesting. Or cute. Please stop posting it.

Or dump your logs in a pastebin and be done with it.

He's just overreacting to someone who's clearly a little too excited for their first session of a campaign they were hyped for.

I have always associated Luck with Charisma. So maybe Charisma-based Perception is Luck-based Perception.

desu my only complaint so far is that, looking at the archetypes, they're all too fun-looking but at the same time some of the variety could be a little nicer for people who want to swap around. Not everyone who wants an Int-slinger wants to also be a spellslinger. I also wish I could stack some of these. A Crossbow Killer+Bullet Wizard or Anthem Gunner would be pretty rad.

Story time(I know who fucking cares)
>8th level group
>Group went in motherfucking Lurkwood
>Mission was to recover a unicorn horn
>Found the horn attached to a undead unicorn with a Dullahan riding it with other 3 horsemen(Kudos to DM)
>Long epic fight
>Barely managed through, but we were victorious
>Everyone cheering, but we forgot the most basic thing, the fucking scroll of teleport
>Ok we are stuck in a time warped forest
>Start looking for a way out
>The forest looks like fucking Chernobyl in STALKER
>We found a huge anomaly
>Me and Gnoll Alchemist reaction, lets fuck off and try other way
>The rest of the group: Lets go in XDDDDD
>The DM actually asked if they are sure about this
>They keep saying yes
>Me and Gnoll watching 4 people going in
>We contemplate our existance after this
>We either go in or pray that random encounter don't murder us
>Gnoll lose his patience and jump in
>I wait a bit more
>So lonely...
>Jump in
to be continued
Continue next post

I can understand that, I'll probably be introducing "Intelligent" and "Charismatic" slinger feats like I did for vigilante, and the archetypes aren't going to stop here (already thinking of an animal companion one).

There's a spell I'm trying to remember the name of, please help. I think it's a psychic spell, and probably a high level one. It lets you retreat into your own mind, where you can only take mental actions but time passes much more slowly than in reality. The spell's effect only lasts a short time, a single round IIRC, but from the caster's perspective they have hours of time to think, prepare other spells, or do other mental tasks.

On one hand I kind of dislike those feats, since they do double duty of introducing a tax for the Vigilante archetypes that NEED IT TO FUNCTION (like Warlock) while also having hilarious unintended, potentially breakable side-effects for other archetypes (Int-based Divine Grace on Noble Soul, none of the feATS WORKING WITH DYNAMIC STRIKER).

On the other hand, it's too early to really judge quite yet, so I'll have to see how it plays out.

I think it was Mental Fortress or Psychic Fortress

Jolly!
Are you on Discord?
can I add you please

Continuing
>So to be in context some people had to take breaks and I was alone
>DM decided to roll my part since he decided I was alone
>I got myself in dark room with a timer
>My character don't know a fucking lick of Draconic, but he was able to recognize that as numbers due to character logic
>Get myself buffed
>Timer go to 0
>Get in a arena
>Full of alternate reality copies of my character using builds that I used with this DM that I've been playing for almost 12 years (nice touch)
>Cast invisibility to let people murder each other
>DM send that fucking Barbarian of mine that could see invisible fucker and throw a dust of appearance
>Forced to fight
>Barely survive the fight with the barbarian
>Motherfucker critted
>I forgot to dispel the fucking dust and start healing
>Magus version of mine cast dimensional door near me to finish the job
>He missed all the attacks but hit the cast
>12 hp left with rage on
>Kill the Magus
>Remember if I toggle Rage I'm fucking done
>Drink my only light healing wounds pot
>17 hp
>toggle off, 1 HP
>OH SHIT OH FUCK
>For my luck none saw me on the brink
>Cast dispel on dust
>First cast fail
>FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
>Second cast went through
>Recast invis, start flagellating myself with the fucking healing wand
>60 HP
>Only one guy remains in the arena against me
>Its a fucking a Path of War Warlord Charger with a Lance
>Figure at the worst way about his scent aura
>Fucker manage to avoid my invisible attack
>get distance
>Brace my anus for the worst and that fucking 3x dmg+maneuver
>I'm so dead
>DM rolls
>1
>Everyone lose their shit when they see the number
>I hit my attack
>Finish him with my full attack next round

I fucking survived thank god

Yeah I am, but I don't really want to post it publicly.

Ragathiel is an Empyreal Lord. He has rules favoring him, making him totally OP.

Iomedae, on the other hand, is a Goddess. Her statblock reads simply "You lose."

I honestly prefer what I've seen from DHB's Gunslinger to the Legendary Version.