Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: "Have you come to die with your horde?" Edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84999/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-2e
kickstarter.com/projects/hiddendreams/hidden-dreams-miniatures
kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for orc extermination.

First for not Dwarfs.

Can't wait for the main campaign when I leave Ulthuan to its fate then conquer Athel Loren to use as a base of operations for the launch of G-Day alongside the Dwarfs.

Would you lovingly lewd a lascivious lady Lahmian?

How the fuck do enchantments work in Warhammer? How are magical items made in setting? Is there some table somewhere to do it?

>How are magical items made in setting?

1.) Elven forging. Priests of Vaul can weave magic into an object permanently as part of its creation through methods that aren't entirely known. They can also use absurd materials, like forged light - Kerillian in Vermintide has a pair of daggers supposedly made in this manner.

2.) Chaos creatia. A Chaos god or daemon can imbue an object with power, or shape raw Chaos into an.object, or bind a daemon to an item and use it as a battery. Chaos Dwarfs use this last method, and gods punish fuck-up daemons this way occasionally.

3.) Warpstone forging. An object made in part or whole of warpstone, which is solidified Chaos, will exhibit magic properties. Side effects may include hair loss, depression, psychosis, mutation, acute radiation poisoning, and death.

4.) Divine creatia. Non-chaos gods can imbue objects with their power.

5.) Memetic gain. An object can become magical BECAUSE people believe it is. This is often the case with items belonging to legendary heroes. The effect of so many wills acting in unison shapes the currents of magic.

6.) Pollution. Sometimes an object becomes magic because it was present for or integral in a great happening.

7.) MAGIC RUNES, LADDIE! Magic can be channeled and trapped in runes. Dwarf runes tend to be the most powerful and are always the safest and most stable, but they've lost some and deliberately ignore others because they include elements like dragon's fire. Skaven, humans, and even orcs are depicted using runes in some sources, but they are generally inferior. Skaven in particular tend to be powerful bit incredibly unreliable.

I doubt I'd be useful enough to keep around. My Warhammer career equivalent is an alchemist's assistant.

But hey, no reason to turn down a good thing.

A woman wanting me?
I don't care if she's a horror from beyond the grave only using me to take over humanity. I'd follow her and get my blood succed if she'd have me.

Check out the new Green Knight from Tabletop Miniature Solutions. Very similiar to the GW Green Knight, but looks pretty wicked. I would get him, but I already have the GW version.... What I am going to get is a unit of their version of Knights of the Realm, and the grail reliquae.

I backed their VC and TK. They said a full replacement range for Beastmen is next.

If ogres were the last race made by the old ones, and the closest they were to success. Does that mean thet ogres are the true master race of warhammer?

Check out their female Blood Dragon.

Ogres and Halflings were the last races, made together, and we're a failed desertion gambit. It seems likely they were intended to have a master blaster relationship.

Okay I like butt but come on.

Physically yes, but the Old Ones never gave them culture or teachings like they did the Dwarfs and Elves and their environment was an unfinished mess so they became little better than Orcs.

Inbreeding and constant exposure to mutating Chaos energy didn't help either.

Their fashion sure never fails to crack me up.

I've actually seen real armor like that. But its for mounted troops who's ass doesn't need protection beyond the saddle and barding.

I kind of like her
>Not sure if serious
face

Beastmen... hmm I can deal with that.. but I was hoping they'd go for Skaven. And yea I donated to their kickstarter/gofundme thing for Bretonnia as well. I probably donated atleast 50-60 bucks for them. I got a 10% off voucher from it.

TMS Necrarch male.

They are making a male and female for every bloodline other than Strigoi since girl Strigoi wasn't unlocked.

>I got a 10% off voucher from it.
that's all? Fuckers

Skaven are probably later, there's plenty of alternatives and GW squatted almost nothing of them.

First is a boxed starter for T9A feature I believe TK VS Brets, then Beastmen. In an interview they said they are debating who comes after Beastmen, with Wood Elves and Ogre Kingdoms in the front running.

Yea I know..I was hoping I could get a bit of a better reward for supporting them on their facebook...but whatever... just glad they're doing some work with 8th/9th..

I like their Minotaur.

Yea I'm definitely going to get the TK vs Brets boxed set. But unfortunately these guys are slooow in all their stuff so unless you heard something, I don't see it being released for a bit.. But I hope you know something that I don't mate.

I actually may wait to see the contents of the boxed set, I was going to get a box of their peasant militia, but I may wait.

Also I think these guys may want to take more care in updating their own site with actual images of the models. For the peasants and many other models on their site, all they have are these lame concept art photos

Who is, crunchwise, the strongest character feaured in the armybooks during 6th ed?
I don't really care about 7th because ot was a pale and forgettable attempt to repeat 6th ed, and 8th ed for me is already end times lore

Fellow 9th agers. An opponent tried to convince me spears didn't have the 'fight in extra ranks' rule on the turn they charged. Being in the heat of the moment, I hesitated, but now when I can look for it I can't find that rule.
Is there even such a rule?

Yo! Looking for people to play WFRP 2e!

Good luck! I found a few players for my WHRPG 2e game and we're starting (hopefully) this Saturday our first campaign, or atleast the intro.

Because we're both playing the same niche game, you wanna exhange Discord names? Perhaps we can help each other out? discuss stuff? Talk about how we're both doing throughout our campaigns? We can get our groups together maybe?

My discord is Horizon_Brave#9823

There's already a Skaven alternative Kickstarter.

kickstarter.com/projects/hiddendreams/hidden-dreams-miniatures

Any T9A players able to tell me how going balls deep on deepstriking Dwarfs would be?

Miners, Rangers, Slayers, and trying to get as much of the rest into Skirmishing as possible.

>tfw warhammer had to die for a story featuring lizardmen to happen

And its actually good.
Its a short story from Total Warhammer 2 from the perspective of a skink, pretty spot on portrayal of lizardmen. They are alien, but they arent robots.
It even features a cute Kroxigor sidekick

Reaper Bones 4 just started!

kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure

I liked the whole "Discordance" bit. It's the kind of cultural belief that Lizardman fans always figured existed for them, being such a rigid society and so dedicated to carrying out the Old One's plans perfectly, but we had never been given an actual word for it, much less a showing of how it might be brought up.

>linking the pictures for everyone's benefit

Whoops, that last one should be

Would a character be corrupted if he wore an armor (pr part of it) taken from a slain chaos warrior? Not the fused-to-the-skin type, just regular plate armor with chaos marks.

Would he be able to wear it with nome being the wiser if he scratched off the marks and chaos iconography?

I'd say you're me, but that's the point where I'd be going 'well this is a trick right? You can't really want me. You want money or something.'

Chaos generally works like radiation, so yeah, carrying pretty much anything that has spent a significant amount of time north of Troll Country is a bad idea if you want to remain tentacle-free.

If nothing else, you're always useful as rapier/pistol fodder for when the witch hunters come knocking.

The risk is quite high. Chaos tends to taint things it touches. Scratching out marks of Chaos is both unlikely to work and VERY unwise, as slighting the Four is incredibly perilous.

>wanna write fanfic.
>storythread is dead.
REEEEE

Vampire hunter named Maxim who uses a silver greathammer, y/n?

Maybe if you gave it a century or so in some holy place to burn off the taint...

How much would one be able to save buying a WFB battalion (hobby store in my city still has a few for roughly £75) or buying the equivalent number of troops from a recaster like Z?

I feel i should specify. What if this chaos warrior is a literally who from norsca, not particularly graced by the gods. Nothing magical about the armor, he was something like barely above a marauder

What if the armor is taken from a marauder that fell during a raid down south?

That lessens the contamination risk somewhat, but my previous statement about symbols of Chaos stands.

Why does he wear the mask?

If you tried to be careful with it, it might be feasible, but why bother? You could probably get better quality armor in Bretonnia, let alone the Empire, without the risk of taint or getting blammed for suspected taint.

Did Alarielle stand on it at some point? That seems to decontaminate it.

>she will never stand on you and decontaminate you.

You're fishing for a specific answer you want to hear; so okay, yeah, sure, he's totally fine and it won't complicate anything at all in his life for reasons that you already know.

Better?

But armor is fucking expensive m8
We barely scratched together 10 gold coins in 6 months

Scratch the signs off and sell it to some dumbfucks piecemeal to maximize profit. Just don't wear it yourself.

Go kill more beastmen then.

Just murder a few guys who probably aren't tainted, like hitmen or road wardens or something like that.

I'm just asking because you find some in a mound during the path of the damnes adventure in Middenheim. I just want to know how much chaos is too much chaos

Ah. In that case, the adventure is perfectly clear. None of the equipment in that tomb is magical, except for the skull. In Warhammer Fantasy, Chaos is essentially magical. Whether it was because the armour never collected taint, or because the taint faded away somehow, that armour is harmless, according to the adventure.

Sell it to the church.
They won't pay shit if at all, but it won't come back and bite you in the ass.

Nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask.

i like it, i also like that they argue about it.
As in the non slann lizardmen.
I also like kroxigors splashing around in the water, it gives em personality and they lacked that.

>kroxigors are just comfy crocs that laze around in pools when they are bored.
neat

It gives them a sense of personality beyond 'lizard robots' like so many have assumed. They have to argue and interpret for themselves when the Slann don't talk to them.

Dude. I sent you a friend request on Discord days ago trying to get into your game and even applied on Roll20 and you totally ignored me.

I didn't want to run my own game. I'm tired of being GM.

So is youcandothat /ourskink/?

Lotta loyalty for a hired gut!

Mate, I got a ton of people who signed up wanted to play. I couldn't/can't get everyone into the game. There's a reason why I only had like 4 positions open...it's the way it goes when you put out a mass advertisement...not everyone makes it in. No hard feelings at all, from me. We should be on the same side, not pissed at each other : )

which was pretty much a meme anyway.
the fluff never realy supported this, even saurus warriors would eventually gain some semblance of a personality like with kroq-gar

I like this new spin on it tho.
They are utterly devoted but they dont quite know how. Its endearing.

I'm pissed you ignored me. Not cool. Not on the same side or whatever.

CA is doing more for warhammer fantasy than GW has in a long time.

>Kroxigors just swim in the water when they are on break.
CUTE!

lol okay...have it your way...you really need to mature and grow up though man. I mean that in the best way. You're not always going to get what you want... you can't hold a grudge for not being able to play your game.

Your overly friendly manner is disconcerting, you come off as the sort of person who magical realms.

The user has every right to be annoyed if you didn't do him the courtesy of saying "sorry, spot's filled already". Posting a smiley face on an image board just heightens how much of a twat you come off as.

Basically yes.

Fuck off, user. I'm not upset I didn't get to join your game. I'm upset that you came here, advertised, and then ignored people who wanted to play.

The manner of speech is a massive fucking red flag - they type like a kid, or worse - best thing to do is ignore and direct to gtfo back to tumblr or reddit

Yo. You wanna play WFRP?

I would if I had the time user, post-grad and playing EDH eats up my weekends. And then I need to fit the missus in somewhere between shitposting.

>female Blood Dragon

Blood Dragons were a knightly order, they didn't have women. The females of the bloodline were just wives of male Blood Dragons.

Archaon

That's how it worked in the 8th edition.

I think the Blood Dragons are just the term that people use for Aborash's bloodline. They don't actually have to be of a knightly order at all.

Really...? stooping to "same fagging" and responding to yourself to show support?

Blood Dragons are literally anyone in Abhorash's Bloodline.

Actually Blood Dragon refers to the knights turned by Walach.

Kroxigors are probably pretty chill because they weren't designed specifically as warriors like Saurus were. They're heavy-lifting for temple construction and the like, so their personalities default to 'stay calm and do what you're told'.

No, that's the origin for the Bloodline name.

Blood Dragons now refers to any Vampire turned by Abhorash or a Vampire they in turn turned.

This is because the knightly order is now extinct.

Otherwise what the hell would you call a member of Abhorash's Bloodline with a twat?

Why do you set yourself up to get blown the fuck out so easily?

blown out by 1 cry baby yea?

Cum in bloodwrack.

The picture is showing you it's multiple people, dummy.

>Otherwise what the hell would you call a member of Abhorash's Bloodline with a twat?

Those don't exist, Blood Dragons only turn worthy opponents.

Kroxigors are just a bunch of Michael Clarke Duncans
sounds good to me.

I know Warhammer as a setting has mainly male warriors rather than female, but surely some Valkyries from up north or something could be seen as worthy of the Blood Kiss. And it's not as if it's not possible to have females of other bloodlines.

>putting inverted commas around samefag
ISHYGDDT

It'd be the high elves, since the Vortex is mentioned.

Breed in Witchhunter.

NDM explicitly notes women have been turned by the Blood Dragons in the past.

Which is funny because its canon a shitload of Bret knights are women in disguise, and Kislev uses both genders as soldiers.

So yeah.

>rpg fluff written by literally who

>The females of the bloodline were just wives of male Blood Dragons.

Wrong. Abhorash's bloodline only turns opponents considered sufficiently worthy warriors.

Sorry, the RPG's writing was overseen by GW and it is canon.