Primaris Marines

Why is it necessary to have GENETICALLY MODIFIED genetically modified SUPER super soldiers?

This makes normal Space Marines seem pretty stupid when they're supposed to be the height of combat prowess in the 40k universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/yoyhammer/comments/5mo85u/review_grishnak_models_war_maidens_aka_those/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>supposed to be the height of combat prowess in the 40k universe.

What did you consider pre-8th Space Marines then?

GW just wants to sell more toys, and the Design Studio has been gutted of talent and any autonomy over recent years.

Part of why AoS became a thing, they don't care about the fluff any more. It's purely aimed at selling plastic kits to the kind of people that still buy plastic kits off GW.

All for a bit of profit and power-level wankery they're going to shit all over a 40k Universe that isn't a perfect work, but is 30 years of love and dedication.

GW is trying to make the "killer app" equivalent of miniatures.

If EVERYONE plays marines then they do not need to make other armies.
Campbells try to do this in the 80~ till one sane man told them to fuck off and actually make different products and behold that saved the company.

Because the Imperium survives on 19999999.9% Bullshit and HFY if they could survive without any upgrades, advancement, and or progress than it would be even more HFY want trash

Fuck off

You don't want to be the guy who still uses Marinelets, do you? Replace them all with PRIMARIS MARINES, you stupid goy!

It was a dumb way of introducing a new range of miniatures without making people sperg out that their old collection was redundant (which is pretty stupid when that's been the way of 40k every time something gets updated). They should have just said these are Astartes in new armour and deal with it but they tried to keep people happy.

I think people are looking at Primaris Marines the wrong way. A lot of people are seeing at "space marines, but more elite/badass". I see it as "an improved production process has resulted in a slightly enhanced final product". The old Marines are still unparalleled warriors with centuries of experience, and ultimate badasses. These new Primaris marines are improved in a strictly genetic sense; they have some physical improvements over the old marines, yes, but they haven't fought real wars for millennia.

Think of it this way: Audie Murphy was a highly decorated soldier in the second world war, and largely considered to be a total badass. Members of the contemporary special forces are taller and probably a bit stronger due to a diet that offers better nutrition, sure. Does that make Murphy's achievements irrelevant? Does that make him strictly inferior to them? Does their slight physical superiority render his achievements and courage irrelevant? I don't think it does.

Ill never not hate the shitty fluff behind Primies.

People would have bought them anyway

I agree with this. A few exceptions aside, their armor is pretty fucken sweet.

They're suppose to be new reinforcements. Entire Chapters are either half dead or destroyed by the constant war, especially when the Great Rift opened up.

Can't collect all them gene seeds so how about a secret improved geneseed we made? It's either that or the two forgotten legions show up to join chaos and the Imperium.

What are assassins, aspect warriors, custards

Geneseed degraded after being used and re-used for 10k years - half of glands and organs are unusable or mutated in most chapters, the Emperor's work as it was never took into account corruption of Chaos and constant warfare for 10k years.

While I find the whole "10k years in the making by Cawl" retarded, I kinda like the idea of Space Marines getting freshened up with new geneseed with all the problems ironed out. It speaks of Emperor's scientific mastery that it took this long to improve on his work.

The fluff is great manlet marine.

Read Path of the Eldar. Space Marines shit on aspect warriors. At best they're equivalent

It's design. It's never finished, you just keep iterating and iterating.

At first I didn't mind the Primaris marines thing. But as time goes on it's eating away at me. It's fucking horrible fluff and ruins original marines. They should have just said they are updating the line to be a bigger scale.

Space Marines are just another tool in the arsenal of humanity and like any weapon of war they can be modified and improved in another iteration of the design. Primaris are the next generation of Marines designed to be stronger and more resilient then their previous versions with the addition of a trio of new organs and a suite of new specially designed equipment.

Because the Emperor didn't do it right the first time. Now Cawl, the Omnisiah Given Form and clearly the Superior Being has to go back and fix things.

I love Guilliman made all you manlets bitch and moan

Deal with it. Marines got a foot taller.

>but they haven't fought real wars for millennia
Neither have most regular marines. Marine attrition has always been pretty high. There's a handful of experienced old guard, but otherwise they're simply an obsolete product.
>Does their slight physical superiority render his achievements and courage irrelevant?
Not as irrelevant as this question. The only advantage past soldiers have is that newer ones haven't had the time to completely eclipse them yet. Doesn't mean they won't.

Old marines are still very revelant.

I think the emperor new about them but decided "yea the extra foot could be better for melee, but it also makes you a bigger target"

Crawl didn't invent new marines, emperor just made them very modular.

You know, how a god-like biologist would do it

I'm totally fine with an update, but this half-and-half where they're keeping both lines at once is just retarded.

Not Custodes nor Thunder Warriors.

>why was it necessary to make jets after we had trains
>why was it necessary to make semiauto's when we had flintlock guns
>why was it necessary to make submarines when we already had boats
i dunno user, i just dont know

Are those not Space Marines?

In all honesty I'm more than all for truescale marines, but I don't think they should have made it an entirely new thing. But either way, I'm rolling with it.

>Does that make Murphy's achievements irrelevant? Does that make him strictly inferior to them? Does their slight physical superiority render his achievements and courage irrelevant? I don't think it does.

I would agree with you about Audie Murphy, but in the Dark Millenium novel, even an old-pattern marine as accomplished and legendary as Marneus Calgar feels bitter resentment at being left behind and at being sidelined in favor of Primaris.

They're true scale marines with shit fluff to justify their existence.

If it makes you feel better just run them as counts as tactical marines or pretend primaris tules are just rules for regular marines. (Which imo should be the case anyway as regular marines have always been weak on the tabletop in contrast to their fluff, 2 wounds at least makes them feel that bit more durable.)

>implying you know anything about Campbells other than it makes soup

The only thing I'm confused on is the design choices as "upgrades"

This is supposed to be an upgraded Terminator?

Primaris took the nerdiest army in 40k and made them even dorkier

No, they are not.

Have we come full circle? Is it now GW's turn to be the copycats?

>It speaks of Emperor's scientific mastery that it took this long to improve on his work.

Funny thing is, the Primaris only have 3 new "organs". Two are fairly simple changes (relative to the rest of the Space Marine enhancements that it) or basically adding metal coils to their sinew that can "contract with extreme force" to make them stronger/faster, one being an organ that can pump regenerative medicine into their hearts when under extreme stress, but it takes a while to recharge, and the most important being a shitter version of immortis gland the Primarchs have.

Although I suppose the Iron Hand Primaris Marines will be glad to know the metal was inside them all along.

Thanks doc.

I think a better question is why do we need to have this thread ten times a day? this is the new direction make your peace, paint your dudes and play. Or leave the hobby that works too.

>Why is it necessary to have GENETICALLY MODIFIED genetically modified SUPER super soldiers?
Yes.

>This makes normal Space Marines seem pretty stupid
They were doing a pretty solid job on their own.

>when they're supposed to be the height of combat prowess in the 40k universe.
They really, really aren't.

The better question here is why people feel the need to bitch and moan about it fifty times a day.

Custodes aren't the same as Astartes. Thunder Warriors are considered the forerunners and templates the Space Marines are based off of in turn.

Would GW make more money by giving more than 1/10th of their time to xenos races? Or is the current imperium dominance worth it?

Agree. It was so fucking hard to say: "Guilliman is back and he bitch slap everyone in the Imperium and put them to do something productive, one of this things being the Admech actually improving in technology for the SM." and there you have a new line of miniatures without all the retard fluff of the nu-marines.

Who could have guessed that humans prefer to play as humans?

Gravis is some weird shit. It's not Terminator armor because it's not 2+. It's not a bike despite +1T for obvious reasons, and it's slow as shit. It's not like a Centurion suit.

It's just sort of like a shitty, bigger power armor.

Did Campbells have some kind of hyper-soup?

You haven't heard about Campbell's plot to create a fundamental soup to surpass soup?

>implying they haven't already

Get out of here with your water-in-a-can you pleb

Kind of agree with both. Space marines fill both the human and the mary sue roles so they'll always be more popular.
However, some xeno armies (mostly crons and nids) are incredibly popular and haven't had anything new in ages. Especially nids, their monsters are falling way behind and half my lgs would buy a shiny new 165 dollar model as soon as it dropped.
I'm happy with my gork & morkanauts though, and understand my DE just aren't popular enough to get anything new.

Where are you guys right now?

GW's relationship with the rest of the industry and related stuff like compooter games is incestuous at best.
This happy fellow and his brethren came from a different company back when Tyranids looked like angry ants. The smiling generation of nids followed soon after...

They created the primaris marines to expand their playerbase to include homosexuals. You can't really blame a company for trying to get into other markets.

waahhh how dare people improve on a weapon to make it better.

The fluff they've been churning out recently is particularly awful. In specific it seemed to lose the flavor and tone of previous fluff which was kind of a "how I heard it" thing. Now I guess they expect us to take everything as gospel.

They're just marines with three more implants. They get new toys because innovation

Why do we make new tanks when the old tanks did pretty well

>still no plastic sisters

It's a devastator suit.

Or "how do we fit a literal hurricane bolter amount of shots onto one guy"

Space Marines have been the most supported faction since before the RT book. There has never been a time when they lacked a plastic kit. Some armies still don't have one. There's no way to know that other factions wouldn't be as popular with that much consistency in them being the best supported army.

We don't for the most part, tanks are just a great big target for whoever has air superiority at the time.

Nah, Calgar is sad because he feels like a failure. He could have done more. He feels inadequate next to his Primarch.

Bitch what do you think GW has been doing since literal day one?

I too, want huge female super soldiers.

Guilliman returns. Re-organizes the Codex and puts Great Crusade era protocols in place that boost Marine recruitment rates.

With the help of Cawl he develops the new MK X armor.

Changes in Space Marine scale have changed before without an asspulled in-game explanation before. Look at a tactical marine box compared to a RT-era beakie.

Hell, you could even give current marines +1A and +1W across the board and justify it as an attempt to get the rules more in line with the lore.

GW literally took the most complicated and poorly written way to justify a new marine scale.

Innovating. Revolutionizing.

Pretty much this, don't be a goyim, play the Orks

>playing Orklets and not the awesome new Orruks

>Age of..?

Sorry, never heard of it.

Super Orks in 40K when?

>No fucking General

How would these guys (colors) look on some Spikey Marine models?

Don't worry, Sigmarines were never in 40k either, until they were.

>'ardboy
>megaboss

where my brutes at?

They're one of the few good looking ork models.

Soon.

You know, I've been thinking about that. What is the exact difference between a Primaris and a SM with a lot of augmetics?

They're both the same concept right? A SM with a lot of extra work put in and a few minor equipment changes.

I'm sorry what

Third party sisters made by some Ruskie, doing GW's job better than they do.

reddit.com/r/yoyhammer/comments/5mo85u/review_grishnak_models_war_maidens_aka_those/

>height of combat prowess in the 40k universe.
Height of combat prowess for humanity.

They're literally created to simply keep up in a galaxy full of races the weakest member of which can tear an average human apart.

Well maybe except the Tau.

>Height of combat prowess for humanity.

Must be why the Emperor chose space marines as his persona bodyguard.

Will be there Primaris Termies, Land Speeder and Land Raiders?

I think there have to be termies, I just hope they don't fuck up such an iconic, awesome design. I expect the other two as well but they'll be given stupid new names, such as the Primaris Floatistica and Primaris Gigacrusher

because improvements happen over time. deal with it.

>Well maybe except the Tau.
And the grots, and the rippers, and the eldars

>This makes normal Space Marines seem pretty stupid when they're supposed to be the height of combat prowess in the 40k universe.

Lol, they're elite mooks. They're mid tier as fuck.