>3x Scatter to the Winds
>3x Void Shatter
>2x Lost Legacy
>2x Muder
>1x Ruinous Path
>1x Overwhelming Denial

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgtop8.com/event?e=16362&d=301080&f=ST
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=430804)
mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/716369
mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST&meta=50
mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=626&meta=52&f=ST
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RG ramp is fun, and you can build it to counter RDW
mtgtop8.com/event?e=16362&d=301080&f=ST

I'm still working on my current list. I want to run a playset of Sylvan Advocates but they're too weak to removal

4 Cultivator Caravan
2 Hedron Archive
3 Metalspinner puzzleknot
4 Prophetic Prism
2 Skysovereign

2 Elder Deep-Friend
4 Glint-Nest Crane
4 Herald of Kozilek
4 Metalwork Colossus

4 Kozileks Return
4 Spatial Contortion

4 Aether Hub
2 Inventor Fair
2 Island
3 Mountain
4 Sanctum of Ugin
4 Spire of Industry
4 Spirebluff Canal

T4-5 colossus and mass removal gg

This is Josh Utter Leyton's list from the PT.

4 Abrade
2 Aether Hub
4 Botanical Sanctum
4 Censor
4 Champion of Wits
4 Elder Deep-Fiend
3 Hashep Oasis
4 Hour of Promise
2 Ipnu Rivulet
4 Kozilek's Return
1 Lumbering Falls
4 Ramunap Ruins
4 Rogue Refiner
2 Sanctum of Ugin
4 Sheltered Thicket
1 Skyline Cascade
4 Spirebluff Canal
2 Walking Ballista
1 Wandering Fumarole
2 World Breaker

I think it has potential, although there are some changes I would make:
-Turn 4 can be a bit awkward for emerge decks if your t3 creature is killed and you have a Deep-fiend sitting in your hand, so I've been thinking of adding some number of Feral Prowlers (gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=430804) in order to give you the chance of going t4 Prowler + a 2 drop interactive spell and emerge a Deep-fiend t5.
-Another notable exclusion is Ramunap Excavator, which could be added in order to enable Sanctum Of Ugin chains.
-Last, Lashweed Lurker might be a good one of for the deck, because it gives you an out to a flipped Ormendahl, which this deck can't beat outside of chaining Deep-Fiends.
-Some number of Abrades could be switched up for Harnessed Lightning, depending on the meta (Abrade is better in a meta with monument, gift and gearhulk decks; while Lightning is better vs eldrazi and 4 toughness guys like Kalitas and Glorybringer)
-Same goes for Censor and Essence scatter - in a creature heavy meta Scatter might be better.

Another direction this deck could be taken is a more delirium focused toolbox build, with Traverse and one ofs like Ishkanah, Glorybringer, Goblin Dark Dwellers, Lashweed Lurker and perhaps even Decimator of the Provinces.

Reminder that tappedout is free and doesn't make long-ass walls of text while also showing what the cards are when it's hovered over.

Still working on Grixis Control. Gotta make sure the main board and sideboard are consistent enough to survive against most deck builds. RDW is tricky.

These are Standard players, don't expect too much brainpower from them

hey I'm new, pls help me out lads, thanks:

I want to get into this shit, standard specifically obviously, so I went to a comic book store and asked a few questions and whatnot.
the guy said that I should netdeck one of the "japan's pro tour" mono red decks that were used this past week because they were cheap and decent.

the thing is that I only found $250 decks online, and I realistically can't spend $250 so I was wondering if the "budget decks" are good enough for a starting player to tourneys in my local magic store.

I'm willing to spend about $50-60

and yes, it looks like "aggro" red decks is what I would like to play, based on my experience in other tcgs

OP here.

Just drop like 250 , not even, on this Esper deck. I went 3-1 casual tabletop in friendly STD tournament.

>esper zombies
ha! i made that before zombies top 8'd
i did mine like this:
4 crypt breakers
3 lord of the accursed
3 rentless dead
2 metalic mimics
4 prized algoms
4 spirit zombies MLG
3 diregraft collosus
4 time to reflect
4 fatal push
2 dark salvation
3 evolving wilds
3 B/W fastlands
3 B/U cycle lands
3 B/U innistrad lands
1 island
1 plains
7 swamp

you wana discard spirit zombie bitch and used prized as the cost, they bounce into play and turn 3 lord of the accursed, turn 4 give em mence and win

>I'm willing to spend about $50-60

Magic isn't the game for you.

hepatra is pretty budget if you use cheep lands, and making a little bug army is fun

>50-60

I was you like last week. My deck's gonna end up being about 150 minimum.

I just don't want to spend the 50$ on jank and then need up throw it all in the trash right after anyway.

I'm not selling magic well, but yeah looks like a pricey game.

I spent ~100$ so far on singles and my deck isn't even close to being done. Well some of those singles I fucked up and bought and they aren't gonna be in my deck in the end (bolas god pharoah, 2x neheb the eternals...)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ fuuuuuuuuuuug

don't forget to double sleeve with premium sleeves as well, with a deckdox! ($$$$)

My purchases today:

1x Liliana's Mastery
1x Plague Belcher
4x Lord of the Accursed
2x Dreamstealer (already had 1, now at 3)
4x Dread Wanderer
4x Never // Return
1x Diregraf Colossus
1x Ammit Eternal
1x FATAL PUSH (traded a foil promo Fraying Sanity for it actually)
1x Cruel Reality (cheap, why not)
1x Neheb, the Eternal
2x Neheb, the Eternal Foil (good price)
1x Liliana, Death's Majesty

Also on the way is:

4x Champion of Wits
4x Torment of Hailfire (lol)
1x Torment of Hailfire Foil (LOL)

I'm interested in this too since I want to make a standard deck that I can use in the game day comp this weekend.
I'll probably just buy two different intro decks and see what I can make out of putting them together.

alright, what's the cheapest competitive deck out there then?

you could build full hapatra with the expensive lands for still under $50.

friendly advice, ignore the people at the comic book store when money is involved. they are not you're friends they prioritize selling products above all else.

you can easily build a playable deck for under $60, now whether you win or not depends on how try hard your LGS is.

Get cockatrice or forge and use those to look at all the cards in standard then build yourself a deck and compare prices on TCGplayer.

ALSO 4 sets are about to rotate out in late September so don't buy anything from: bfz, oath, soi, emn unless you don't mind them being unplayable in 2 months.

Cheap suggestion deck for you would be R/G pummeler

Literally $160 of that deck is Chandra Torch of Defiance. Cut them for Glorybringer and you'll be good.

Shit nigger why dafaq u askin me?

I'm in the same situation as you, i'm just one step ahead of you in realizing that you're not gonna get shit for less than 100$....

But i'm probably being a bit pessimistic.

However when you limit your max to 50$, then the average card price is 83 cents. Let's say you're playing 16 basic lands actually so, the average price is 50/44=1.14. Oh but sideboard. So your average price is 50/~60 = 83 cents a card.

At 83 cents per card, on average, what does that get you? A dick in your mouth, that's what.

Creatures
4 Ammit Eternal
4 Champion of Wits
1 Diregraf Colossus
4 Dread Wanderer
4 Dreamstealer
4 Lord of the Accursed
2 The Scarab God
Lands
4 Aether Hub
4 Fetid Pools
4 Island
12 Swamp
Instants
4 Fatal Push
4 Grasp of Darkness
Planeswalkers
1 Liliana, Death's Majesty
Sorceries
4 Never
Sideboard
4 Abrade
2 Neheb, the Eternal
1 Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh

Is this too many 3 drops? Is this not enough 2 drops? What are some decent 2 drops that will work? Pls no bully my sideboard until my mainboard is sorted ty :)

you can make any competitive deck cheap by taking out the planeswalkers.

the deck that placed first in the pro tour this weekend SAYS it costs 263.38, if you remove the one playset of planeswalker from it you already cut the price to $120 and you could cut another $50 by replacing hazoret with glorybringer
Does your winrate drop from doing that? sure but you're also not trying to with the PT either.

my most sincere thanks, lads.

If I want to run esper control should I run 6 wraths? Or is that too few in this aggro world?

I've been testing this same list, but can't get it to beat mardu vehicles. What do you do for Sideboarding? I'm planning to bring it to GP Mpls to stomp the hoards of midrange there.

> 6
no wonder you're shit, you need to play 4

:^)

hmmmm

4/4 eternalized deathtouch sounds fun

this is pretty much the only black 2 drop creature in standard.

wait this is a significant step up, cancel the rat

wait this is a significant step up, cancel the aether poisoner

I haven't seen any mardu vehicles yet though I doubt they'd give me any trouble
I maindeck 2 Dissenter's Deliverance, a playset of Abrade, 3 Sweltering Suns and 2 Hour of Devastation as well as a copy of Chandra, Flamecaller
In theory by the time their Gideon/Chandra start to threaten the game you should be able to Ulamog them away
Sand Strangler is a decent 2 of in the side, Chandra's defeat too. You can also have a Nissa, Vital Force and a couple of Tireless Trackers in the side if they somehow manage to grind you out

Meant to reply to

Figured that.

You're playing Suns over K return? As much as I love cycling, I can't be down with that. I much prefer K return since it leaves my dryads alive, and I can catch haste creatures with it.

Nissa vital force seems interesting, I may try one of those in the board.

Why not Radiant Flames? Keeps shit alive when you want it to. Kills 3 health creatures when you want it to also. It's a win win.

Ignore me. I read it wrong, you're playing R/G, I thought you were the Mardu player.

I entered a sealed tournament on MTGO and pulled a fucking goldmine. I've gone 3-2 so far and opened a 7th pack after 3 matches. 4 matches left. Rate my brew. Also, what do you think? What would you do differently?

Yeah I'm the ramp player.

By dryads I meant the lifegain landfall dude from BFZ.

Do you side any crumble to dust? It's a house in the mirror if you manage to draw it.

can also run glint-sleeve siphoner because you have aether hubs.

Red/ black vampire madness, t'won't be in standard for long though.

lol yeah I noticed her too. That pick might even make my sideboard (which is currently a pipedream) a little bit closer to feasibility.

>t'wont

is it necessary to abbreviate a 2 letter word?

ooooooooooo maybe I can run both. oh SHIT

yeah that's a good idea. dropping some 3 drops

I've modified the decklist a lot so that I can deal with aggro without having to sacrifice my matchups against midrange and control
Can't say if it's a good idea so far

Why is the mtggoldfish guy so hellbent on using madcap experiment?
As someone currently brewing it, I really dislike his reanimator list. His spell lineup seem all over the place and I still am not fond of GPG in it because it exiles the hulks. That along with no copies of Lili Death's Majesty just seems odd to me.

Consider Collective Brutality

That's very bizarre for it to be hitting an all time high right before it rotates out... Anyways looks like a great card, but too much $ for a rotating card. Only doing the grasps because I can get a playset for under 10$...

Here's the update so far:

Creatures
3 Champion of Wits
4 Dread Wanderer
3 Dreamstealer
3 Gifted Aetherborn
3 Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
4 Lord of the Accursed
2 The Scarab God
Lands
4 Aether Hub
4 Fetid Pools
4 Island
12 Swamp
Instants
4 Fatal Push
4 Grasp of Darkness
Planeswalkers
Sorceries
3 Never
Sideboard
4 Abrade
2 Neheb, the Eternal

Currently getting concerned that I might not hit the scarab god and won't get enough zombies for Lord of the Accursed to pay off.

But overall I still think this is an improvement.

What's with the sideboard being red? You only have Aetherhubs to produce R, what do you do about RR cost on Neheb if you only have one hub?

Thinking about filling the rest of the sideboard with some lands :^)

No Manalith? Lets you reliably splash for Hailfire or Blessed Alliance.

serious question, why is serpopard a sideboard only card, is a 4/3 for 3 that bad in mainboard?

opponent will never see it coming :^)

because it doesn't "do" anything outside of the control match up. It only exists to side in vs control so you can ensure your creatures are still playable.

Most decks would rather run a card that is actively pushing them to their win condition with worse stats than a card with better stats that has no effect vs midrange and aggro. (especially with aggro making up 60% of the pro tour)

It's played in modern and legacy. It surpassed the status of just a standard card and it's going up because it's a good card sought in other formats

Is there any way to make this rotating-proof?
mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/716369

thank you for clarifying

Okay here it is.

Creatures
4 Champion of Wits
4 Dread Wanderer
4 Dreamstealer
4 Gifted Aetherborn
4 Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
3 Lord of the Accursed
2 The Scarab God
Lands
4 Aether Hub
4 Fetid Pools
4 Island
12 Swamp
Planeswalkers
Instants
3 Fatal Push
3 Grasp of Darkness
Sorceries
3 Never
Sideboard
1 Fatal Push
1 Grasp of Darkness

If there are no objections, I will move onto my sideboard now.

(I can safely throw the bolas in there right -- and it's not just a meme card -- it's a reasonable alternate win condition if my scarab gods don't pull through right? -- what are the odds I don't get an aether hub and also don't get a scarab god -- low)

Or I could drop a siphoner and throw in a Razaketh.

OP bump for interest

I wanna play on fri nite, will I do okay? What's the metagame like?

Razaketh is unplayable unless you have a very consistent way to cheat him into play

I'd switch Nicol Bolas for a second Liliana for better consistency and because she synergizes with your deck a lot more
I would also replace the Lord of the Accursed along with a copy of Dreamstealer for a playset of Ammit Eternal
As for the last card of your deck you should add a 4th Glint-Sleeve Siphoner

Here is a quick list of cards you could put in your sideboard:
Negate
Doomfall
Lay Bare the Heart
Unsummon
Yaheeni's Expertise
Crook of Condemnation
I personally love Baral's Expertise and Consign // Oblivion, but I'm not sure they fit in your deck

What software is that? Cockatrice?

mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST&meta=50
This is what the competitive meta looks like
If your deck can't survive aggro you won't stand a chance
It's worth noting that Zombies, B/G Constrictor and U/R control barely got any new cards, so people in your LGS who played those decks last format will most likely play them again

>replace the Lord of the Accursed

but I need 6 x 6/6 zombies with deathtouch

site is manastack.com

and thanks, capped post in case I forget anything. Razaketh is a meme but I guess I was considering it a "fouth" win condition card (scarab, scarab, bolas, razaketh)

Oh and yeah I can get Ammit Eternal in there. You're probably right that dropping LOTA is the only reasonable way of doing it -- and eternal will pay off MUCH quicker than a LOTA will.

>Esper Zombies
>Relentless Dead

BB cmc is not what you want to be running in a 3 colour list.

He's already got prophetic prism, cultivators caravan and spire of industry, he has all the mana fixing he wants.

Your deck has way to many 2 ofs and 1 ofs. You need playsets of the good zombies to have a reasonable zombie deck.

alright so I'm a zombie player, this would be my suggestions with reasons behind each action
>remove gisa and geralf
4 mana non zombie (you've already lost synergy) whose mill accomplishes nothing because you have 3/60 cards that can even activate in the graveyard.
IF they let you play a zombie for free sure but there is no reason for those not to scarab gods
>remove transgress
pretty useless in a heavy aggro meta, check pro tour stats and see how many decks it would actually disrupt, just run more zombies instead
>remove harsh scrutiny
same as above, these are sidedeck cards for when you need to beat control, which is hardly being played
>remove from under the floorboards
you'll never cast this for more than 5 unless you're so far ahead you can't lose, mastery is better because it helps you do more combat damage ASAP which is what zombies do
>remove bontu
0 synergy, why is this not another zombie, you have a 2 cost card that has this same effect but doesnt cost mana to enable it
>remove thing in the ice
same as above, you're running 4 copies of a card that deals damage based on playing zombies when half your deck isn't even zombies.

here is what I would look into
>add dark salvation
from under the floorboards but it kills your opponents cards, even kills indestructible creatures or just cast it as a 1 mana grasp if your board is full
>more zombies
seriously you can't run cards that trigger on zombies effects and then only run 12 of them.

If this deck is supposed to be some kind of weird esper control just cut the zombies completely in favor of cards like gearhulk that gain advantage for being played in control.

Any super sneaky things this card can do? I'm thinking about sideboarding it. Can't it stop emerge or something?

It can't stop the creature but it can shut off the on cast ability like the tap 4 permanents part. It can also stop a ramunap ruins activation, or the exert and embalm/eternalize abilities.

Let me.clarify on the exert part, you can't counter the exert, but every creature has a triggered ability that ties down to you choosing to exert or not, that triggered ability like ahn crop crasher making a dude unable to block, can be countered. And it will still be exerted, so if by off chance it still survived, it won't untapped next turn regardless if he was able to actually make someone unable to block or not.

Stops planeswalker activation but it wont stop the addition of removal of loyalty counters. So if they remove counters to do something nasty just stop it.

Stops them from fetching lands with Evolving Wilds but they still sack the evolving wilds. Stops Westvale from flipping but not before they sac five creatures.

Reminder if you're playing RDW you have literally no reason not to fit one copy of God Pharaoh's Throne in your sideboard against anyone that runs white for Authority of the Consuls

i've been playing mono-red sligh since may, with a touch of RG Gods. i tried telling people that sligh was viable and only needed a touch more of reach to be a top deck, but they didn't listen. one guy played a fucking fevered visions game 1 and got domed for 20 off two flameblade adepts, a bomat courier, and three fiery tempers then proceeded to berate me for not playing a real deck. guess what he's playing right now?

RG Gods is fucken schweet and Honored Hydra doesn't get enough respect.

So I'm going to finally get to try out my decks at FNM this week.

Which should I pilot? Temur Energy or R/G Pummeler?

>i've been playing mono-red sligh since may, with a touch of RG Gods. i tried telling people that sligh was viable and only needed a touch more of reach to be a top deck, but they didn't listen. one guy played a fucking fevered visions game 1 and got domed for 20 off two flameblade adepts, a bomat courier, and three fiery tempers then proceeded to berate me for not playing a real deck. guess what he's playing right now?
I hope you've been insufferably smug about this to him.

i got a solid locust god deck for 70 bucks

>inb4 locust is a meme card

locust isn't a meme card it's an EDH card, which is close enough I guess.

I'm thinking about making a more madness flavored RDW, aiming to make it lower to the ground (and also cheaper) than the current "stuff it with chandras and glorybringers" meta
I feel like putting expensive cards in the deck goes against the spirit of it

Yup this user knows

this is some sweet tech, thanks for the heads up

You can get away with Bloodrage Brawler definitely. Combos nice with Falkerath Gorgers and Hazoret.

You'd be conceding a lot of consistency and power to do so
I think a better approach is to make a BR deck with Scrounger, and Unlicensed disintegration, you'd sacrifice about as much consistency but much less power

Unlicensed Disintegration is more of a sideboard card in the current meta. It costs too much against Monored and Zombie decks.

But yeah, I played a version of BR Madness back when Amonkhet first rolled out and while it was fun, it was also very inconsistent and there just aren't enough decent madness payoffs to try and build around.

With every deck packing abrade as well, it's going to be rough to try and run key to the city.

The best BR deck you can make, probably, is to take the existing monored deck and slot in some scrapheaps, some ammit eternals, and a couple of black removal spells.

That said, I can't decide if I want to run 21 or 22 lands in my monored deck. At the moment I have 21 lands main deck with two in the sideboard to bring in with the Glorybringers, but that feels a bit clunky.

I play Locust God in Vintage

Anyone want to play cockatrice? Looking to test standard for pptq.

This has been shitting on everybody so i guess i will post the side:

4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
4 Negate
3 Battle at the Bridge

Plz respond i want to qualify with this deck.

Your list looks like a rough draft that hasn't been playtested yet
The best advice I can give is to hop on Xmage or Cockatrice and get some competitive games in, you'll quickly notice which card is underperfoming

Your sideboard is way too straight forward, I'm not sure what's your plan with it, but I doubt it will work out as well as you plan
A lot of instant speed removal deal with your threats, I would put in 3 or 4 Dispels especially since it's also great against control

I don't see a scenario in the current meta where you would prefer having Spatial Contortion over Abrade, even with your mana base
Skysovereign is usually better as a one-of, I'd replace both copies with Aethersphere harvester and put one in the side

i'm not him but it's honestly a pretty good list i've seen run irl except battle and scrapheap. It loses to a lot of different interaction but if it goes unchecked it walks through you

> but if it goes unchecked it walks through you
Even though that is a valid argument, HOU has brought in a lot of answers and Abrade is the bane of any artifact based decks

Looking at past decklists: mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=626&meta=52&f=ST it seems I was wrong about Skysovereign, he is a clear 2 -of
I would definitely put try maindeck Abrade and Harvester though, you need to adapt the list to the current meta

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LGS has online store where you can pay and then pickup in person. Bought a Foil Razaketh the Foulblooded for about 11$ USD.

They just sent me an email saying it's not in stock. (suuuuuuuuuuure)

They're giving me a free pack, but, shit. I was fucking hyped for that Razaketh. Guess I need to buy some other stuff for my deck anyway...

Is anyone bored of deck-building for this current meta?
Eldrazis make any ramp deck into a one trick pony because of Ulamog's sheer power
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar makes any white deck feel the same
Both aggro decks and UR control gatekeep any fun build from having a fair shot
Energy is too strong, and you're forced to play it in any U/G based decks
The gameplay is good though

Have second thoughts about your blog post, user?

Ive been playing it on cockatrice for weeks and it destroys people. The sideboard is set up to win against aggro and control.
Scrapheap has been pretty effective at early damage as well as crewing vehicles late game.
Negate is for their counterspells, and tks to rip their hand.

The only sideboard i need for red is battle at the bridge.

All of these replace spatial, kozileks return, and crane.

Meant for:

Yeah

There's a place with a less competitive FNM that I'd like to go to, bringing pic related. It may suck, but it's cats, man.

You fucked up, I bought monowhite monument a couple weeks ago when angel of invention was sub $2 and no it's expensive

Where's Ajani?

what's the benefit of monowhite monument over u/w? Spell queller and sideboard control have done me wonders.