Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Hellblaster Sergeant Edition

>Iron Warriors Legion Focus, Ironlets on Suicide Watch edition
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/01/legion-focus-iron-warriors-aug-1gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising Edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Da Goffs.

Second for Night Lords halve a useless Tactic because moral is fucking joke

>tfw I live in Iowa and a store opened up near me recently too
>I know where you are user

I use Game Color from Vallejo and a couple of Citadels

Whistle goes, Angron leaps at whoever is closest screaming wildly, Perturabo lunges for Dorn because he detests that guy, Corax uses his ability to fade from all forms of sensory perception and vanishes, Magnus starts blowing people up with his ridiculous psychic powers, and everyone else teams up on Magnus because basic survival instincts.

Some random member of the group Magnus didn't kill before going down, probably Fulgrim, Angron, Russ, Sanguinius or Horus, comes out of the brawl battered and bruised, then faces down Vulkan at which point Corax reappears and shivs whoever was winning.

Corax and Vulkan then acknowledge neither Can kill the other, and declare a draw

Repostin to help user

#
Then devs are definitely a good option, as are sterngaurd or termies, for all those bolter shots. You'll also want some good melee units, I'd suggest either Ass cents or TH+SS termies, sine their both good and fluffy for the fists

Also, konor will not fall

You guys think we'll see any options for Renegade Guard in the new chaos codex?

UNTIL WEAPONIZED YOU WILL SEE FOOL!!!

Third for even Horus knows chaos primarchs a shit

>Strange is it not, that so many I wish beside me stand against me, while at my back are only the flawed and damaged. I am a master of broken monsters… I cannot control them or their sons, and they know it… They all know that this war is no longer something that can be guided, only ridden out. But they never understood me, not truly, and they understand less with each passing second. They doubt. They think that I have lost my way. I can see it in their hearts — the pettiness, the pride, the seeds of ruin driving them on, feeding the tempest. With such creatures must I remake the future!”

Alpha legion trait yay or nay

Not even in Gravis and he still has the beer belly

At least they're not the Word Bearers.

No chance whatsoever. Unless you want to ally Cultists.

Do we know what happens when an attribute hits 0 this edition? Can the Night Lords literally scare units to death?

Well maybe you shouldn't have joined Lorgar's shitty failure brigade then, even if he promised you could drive.

I asked in the last thread but never got a response. How do you think this glow effect was achieved?

Some he wanted Sang, probably Lion, and maybe Guilliman on his team instead of all the actual traitors
lel

FIRST FOR THE TRUTH!

If this gets dubs, we'll have good rules this edition!

1 v 1 (psychic powers allowed)
1 Horus
2 Sanguinius
3 Angron
4 Fulgrim
5 Khan
6/7/8 ( not in order). Curze, Russ, Lion
9 Vulkan
10 Dorn
11 Corax
12 Mortarion
13 Guilliman
14 who cares past this point
18 Sigismund
19 Pre Chaos Lorgar

>Unironically liking can't colour inside the lines glow effects

Airbrush or carefule drybrushing. Blue then lighter blue then lighter blue then white

That ship has sailed.

>first
>16th
Kek, leave it to lorgar to do nothing right

It's photoshopped

0% chance

It's FWs domain and they won't be releasing "full codex" this year or next. Index is what we got.

Proxy IG instead

Sorry I meant psychic powers not allowed.

Not airbrush.
Definitely drybrushing.

>can't do anything right

what's the best way to arm chimeras this edition?

Multi-laser, heavy bolter, twin heavy bolter or autocannon ?

No, but you will be getting your own codex later.

Name my Hive Fleet, continued from /WIP/

Airbrush

Thanks user.

No. Renegade Guard are Forge World. Renegade Space Marines will be Games Workshop.

Also, Guard conscript spam needs nerfed a little, but other than that they aren't really that overpowered. Hopefully GW realizes this and doesn't completely fuck them over with a bum codex like in 7th.

Who the fuck thought those iron warriors rules were a good idea?

Hivefleet AAAAAHHHRRRGGG

On behalf of Chaosfags around the world I would like to thank the Xenos players for keeping us in the race against the Imperium.

What's the basic fluff for them?

So based on the leaks, it seems Emperor's Children are pretty much trash, being just above Word Bearers, and World Eaters giving Zerkers +1A and 3 fight phases should put them into the top tier of CSM.

Slaanesh appears to be getting the "we'll pay you less and less until you stop showing up" treatment.

>Codex: Renegade Guard
>More spikes and worse than Guard
>Primaris Guardsmen a year later

>4 squads of devs with 1 lascannon each is harder to kill
but you waste more points on marines who do nothing but babysit the lascannon

some context: i have a set of deepstrikers who can bring the pain (GC devs + Kantor + terminators) but I need to soften up enemy mech before I come down. the backfield units have the dual purpose of doing either that and/or advancing midfield. combi-plasma might be useful in threatening advancing forces, particularly skimmers.

i agree that a full unit that reaches my backline means trouble but if the unit has been weakened when it arrives there (or by the first tactical squad), a power axe can make a difference.

that's why I am unsure whether to keep the sarge as cheap as possible or whether an upgrade might be worth it. (conversely, a combi-plasma means deploying as far forward as possible to cover the mdifield with it, exposing the unit potentially to more enemy fire)

it's really hard to tell for me if it's useful or not.

Maybe found a solution for the Redemptor Dread's beer gut issue

We all know the carapace beer gut thing looks crap, and though it looks much cooler with the sarcophagus showing, it leaves a big shitty gap that looks really bad.

Here's how I've dealt with it

> better repost so people can see MAH awesome animu grrrrl post!!!1!
Get the fuck out

Czernobog

Nothing happens beyond what is usually related to the stat.

Move zero = immobilized autohits
Lead zero = guaranteed moral damage on model loss

I figured, but heretics need their pipe dreams.

Heretics and Renegades and Chads.

Welcome, good luck son of Dorn

Horus never wanted Angron, he was at best a useful tool and not his enemy. This bit where he tries to kill Angron is my favorite part of Isstvaan.

Hive Fleet Xanthus

FW really fucked up with Renegades. Before their WHOLE shtick was having units at base that were worse than the Guard equivalent, but 1000x more customizable. Now they cut the customization so Ren are just left with the shit units. Basically the only reason to take them is if you want a Baneblade in your Chaos army.

Suicide flamers and charge bait

Hivefleet Zoth-Ommog

No full fw codex has been confirmed from fw

Going first in combat universally is huge. Children are fine.

GW did have the Lost and the Damned list back in the day for traitor Guard. They could very well do some list like that. Not in Codex: CSM, of course.

Release a cultist kit with some options, use the poxwalkers, tzaangor and other units in it. And make a GSC type sprue for Guard. It doesn't have to be an extensive list, just a GSC style thing, but for Chaos.

can a detachment of space marines use chapter tactics if the army includes a non astartes detachment as well?

Not universally you still have to alternate if you get charged you retardef faggot.

It's weird that you fixed the beergut but not the more pressing issue of the limbs being mismatched to the bulky body.

why the fuck do chadmarines get so much plasma

Will World Eaters get good rules?

"TSons", meaning Magnus with two Knights and bunch of fodder, seems to be best Chaos strat.

Magnus seems to be strongest Chaos unit in this edition as well. It remains to be seen if Morty can reach the same status.

I dunno, this solution feels kinda weird too. Maybe just stuff an ammo box or some plasticard in there.

WHAT WEAPON IPTIONS ARE MISSING FROM THE HIVE TYRANT KID

>man all the FW knights are kind of weak-
>porphyrion will kill any non-titanic non-quantum shielding vehicle in the game in one round of shooting on average
>nearly half the cost of a warhound
>4+ invul, T9, 30 wounds

Yep, so long as the whole army is battleforged.

Scions, cheap lascannons, hw teams, ratings, safe first turn charges with ogryns, manticores, T8 heavyflamerspam orders, stormlord, anything guard FW,

I'd go on but if that random little blurb of op guardstuff was my armylist I'd already be fucking you turn 2 anyway. Why bother.

I'll answer that question with another:

Will any chaos legion REALLY be good?

That's still universal since you're still striking before non charge units. It's a powerful ability to hand out free of cost.

On behalf of the Tau and my Gue'vesa, you're welcome.

noone really wanted Angron. Best thing the Emperor could have done would have been to let him die on Nuceria

thank you.

does this hold true for stratagems and warlord traits?

I believe the levithan survives even if the knight takes the two lascannons

Your welcome on behalf of good ol' wholesome American DE!

Fw released the RENEGADE index because gw enforced "you will be able to use any model day 1"

There is nothing stating they'll put any effort in making codex work. However they're not afraid to say that 30k is their focus this and next year

not everything good is OP.
having trash and op being the only possible options is stupid.

Nothing much other than they are cold-adapted

No, user. GW codex.

How about Amarok?

Seeing that GW has been working on smaller forces, like Genestealer Cultists, there's no definitive way of saying "they'll never do Chaos Guard codex." Not anytime soon, that's fucking sure. They'll be reworking their existing codexes into 8e for some time.

You can choose any two of the random-ass units I spit out and win against any non-ig "allcommer" index list on the planet.

In the realm of index armies IG is "good" when you try hard to lose and "OP" when you're picking good units and spamming them with a few blobs.

Posting hopefully the right way around this time

I like them. Stood next to the plastic Venerable, it makes it look pathetic

What seems off to you?

>Servitors are lobotomized and do not gain a Chapter Tactic.
I object, Iron Hands are even MORE likely to replace significant parts of a servitor's shitty flesh with metal

GW won't release FW specific stuff this decade.
Genestealer cults has historically been a gw product. Not fw. Unrelated.

Hive Fleet Ticonderoga

How much of your army is painted?

LOL he plays ironhands.

Enjoy your shitty relic and tactics.

LOL YOU CAN CHOOSE ONE VEHICLE TO FIRE WITHOUT -1 FOR 1cp

Not a lot!

>metal heads and manchildren hate authority figures
Who fucking knew?

I hope we get some overall stats for Xenos
This is a little silly

Bump because /wipg/ 404'd

If I'm reading this correctly, to get the stratagem you need a "space marine" detachment, so presumably a mixed one doesn't count. But seems that if you meet the criteria for chapter tactics, you'll get the stratagems too.

Warlord traits just require the warlord to be a space marine, amazingly enough. Relics require your warlord to be a space marine (so I think a marine detachment in an army with an IG warlord, say, couldn't take a marine relic).

You fucking what, mate? 2003 GW released rules for The Lost and the Damned.

At least the minis kick ass. Look great in my mix bag units of cultists.

I like how he has a cybernetic hand, considering his choice of side arm and all.

>This decade
>2003.
Are you a time traveler or just retarded?

I got myself First Strike starter box and I tried to figure out how to expand it into playable army.

Buy another First Strike or buy either Know No Fear or Dark Imperium?

So are CSM any good this edition? My choice of army will probably come down to that, since I can't decide between WB, Deldar, and daemons of Khorne

Like Horus Heresy mate?

Some people play for fluff and not to project how much of an insufferable faggot they are.
I'm sure this is a difficult concept for you to understand, so feel free to reply with autism so we can help you work through this revelation.