Space Marine Drop Pods rain from the sky upon your capital city

Space Marine Drop Pods rain from the sky upon your capital city.

A total of 10 Tactical, 6 Devastators, 3 Assault Marines and 1 Captain emerge from the Pods.

How fucked is your city?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9X8dB8648VI?t=5m43s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>14 square kilometers of urban jungle

Not very. If they're just a vanguard force for mechanized artillery or something then we can talk.

there are not more marines than police officers, so yeah, pretty fucked

Their pods are detected while still in space and promptly get shot out of the sky after it becomes clear that the "maybe alien bombs" are set to fall on a major city.

If they do not get shot out of the sky the marines are quarantined and destroyed by the military while the municipality authority evacuates the landing zones.

40kids btfo.

Pretty Much. Shutting down critical infrastructure would be a breeze and the next garrison of anything even remotely counterattacky is faaar away.

>German hick town with 30+k inhabitants. Huge amount of old people's living quarters and posh wannabe high society types.

not fucked at all, before they notice everythng has been stolen from them. Viva la poland

HARD MODE

To make things more interesting but optional. More reinforcements arrive each day, for a total of 7 days.

>Day 1 : 10 Tactical, 6 Devastators, 3 Assault Marines and 1 Captain
>Day 2 : 20 Tactical, 12 Devastators, 6 Assault Marines,1 Chaplain and 1 Librarian
>Day 3 : 5 Assault Terminators, 5 Terminators with Cyclone Missiles & Heavy Weapons
>Day 4 : 1 Venerable Dreadnought and 2 Dreadnoughts
>Day 5 : 3 Predator Annihilators and 3 Predator Destructors
>Day 6 : 6 Land Speeders and 4 Whirlwinds
>Day 7 : Entire Chapter arrives

>australia military wank

Oh wow

>Day 2 : 20 Tactical, 12 Devastators, 6 Assault Marines,1 Chaplain and 1 Librarian

Same as day 1.

>Day 3 : 5 Assault Terminators, 5 Terminators with Cyclone Missiles & Heavy Weapons

Same as day 2.

Our tanks exceed the imperium's tanks in all catagories and promptly wrecks the small and isolated detachment of psudo-tanks.

Same as day 4.

Land speeders get wiped by the Air Force and the whirlwind gets D R O N E D

The city is bathed in nukes and artillery shells whenever the maines pop their heads up.

>The city is bathed in nukes

>he actually believes this

no kurwa

The space marines confuse our president for a tau with a bad skin condition and we are finally free of the mess that is South Africa.

>Stockholm
Absolutely fucked and I don't see it as a bad thing.

>Stockholm
But what if they succumb to the famous syndrome and start identifying as Swedish?

>tfw today is the 73rd commemoration of the great uprising in my city

we would all die again, heroes one and all.

well, Lansing has stairs, so we're probably okay

I live in Vegas, I welcome death

I'm also in Vegas user, how fares your AC on this day straight from hell because I'm in a state of perpetual suffering right now

>western PA gets invaded by space marines
>tries to fight back
Id watch it

I laugh as DC burns and swear allegiance to the God Emperor of mankind.

90% of my city is crackhead hobos, whiney feminists, or chipotle chomping faggy numales. My city is already fucked.

"The Gang Commits Heresy"
>pods drop in Philadelphia, tracked all the way to landing by Hurricane Schwartz
>space marines are immediately overwhelmed with 1000 metric fucktons of bullshit and jawn from all sides, because that's all this city is incarnate
>all of the sports teams come out to challenge them
>after an initial valiant and promising effort they suddenly fall apart and loose, because Philly Sports
>if they get the upper hand just direct them to north east Philly, good luck there chumps
>if all else fails just call Will Smith, he knows how to deal with space invaders
>space marines find out you can never fuck Philly, you can only ever be fucked by Philly
>at least you didn't go to Camden

Tell them that I love Big E and I think he is not a god but a great man.Also I tell them that if I become the new planetary governor there will be no more rebels,and they can use my world to recruit

>Implying the God-Emperor isn't already residing in DC

Columbus isn't a major military town, but we've got a good police force. I feel like the cops can probably handle 20 dudes in power armor. Probably. Maybe.

>>Day 2 : 20 Tactical, 12 Devastators, 6 Assault Marines,1 Chaplain and 1 Librarian
The Librarian completely changes shit. The army is still probably not here in any kind of force (all we have is Wright-Patt in Dayton and it probably doesn't get here with until today). If they want to, this plus Day 1 can probably break out of a quarantine and cause havoc. The SMs probably bunker down somewhere defensible and await reinforcements.

>>Day 3 : 5 Assault Terminators, 5 Terminators with Cyclone Missiles & Heavy Weapons
Assuming that Terminators are basically immune to small arms fire, these break any stalemate for sure and put us on a back foot. Whatever the SMs came here to do, they do at this point.

>>Day 4 : 1 Venerable Dreadnought and 2 Dreadnoughts
If they're still here (they seem to be), the Dreads probably let them take down whatever the military has called up short of air support. They probably go down to serious air power at this point, but take pretty much anything on the ground out with them. The military at this point probably concedes local ground superiority to the SMs.

>>Day 5 : 3 Predator Annihilators and 3 Predator Destructors
I don't know what those are, but they sound like tanks. Same thing as above: air power rapes them but they crush all ground opposition until that happens. If they make no hostile moves outside their claimed territory, the military may let them alone until communication is established.

>>Day 6 : 6 Land Speeders and 4 Whirlwinds
As above.

>>Day 7 : Entire Chapter arrives
At this point, nothing basically can sway the engagement to our side. Chapters have Battle Barges, we don't nor any way to interact with them, the SMs realistically get whatever they want from us. Ohio is ceded to their control.

Didn't expect the thread to keep going but I'm glad it still is. Loving the replies.

Portland?

Then we better start picking our drag names and sucking Muslim cock because we're fucked.

Des Moines is now conquered.
Please stop attacking us.
Please no more.
What did we do to deserve this.
No one lives in Des Moines anymore.
We've accepted our deaths already.
WHAT DID WE DO TO DESRVE YOUR HATE?

Phoenix... well considering it's one of the biggest cities in the USA and AZ has the most lenient gun laws I think we'd be pretty fine.

I live in California.

It's a small city of ~2500 people. We're beyond fucked.

Wait shit, capital city...still fucked, I guess.

Everyone in Albany dies. Nobody in Upstate notices. The rest of the country remains sure that NYC is our capital.

unless you have access to a minimum of a .50 with ap rounds, you aren't gonna do shit to them. they filter out tear gas like its oxygen, small arms fire bounce off of them and if it hits a vital spot, they will literally heal in short time. they can almost shrug off a tank round for christ sakes.

>tfw your city is actually a strategic military location
>tfw it is actually a logical place to attack, compared to most cities.
Utterly fucked. For one thing, the people planning this place LOVE them some sprawl. It's not even like people say tall buildings would ruin the view/skyline or anything, it's just like noone is interested.

Anyway, they'd probably hit the naval base, port facilities, armory, and army base simultaneously. Using the advantage of surprise to eliminate any resistance and render the structures useless for their intended tasks. Since this includes the HQ of the Atlantic fleet, Canada's navy would be a bit fucked.

Dude, we're Australia, not America, we don't have any kind of missile defence system which could take out drop pods because our politicians are wankers.

Of course, if we did, that would be another story but we don't

State Capital
>Baton Rouge

Fucked with an aluminum bat.

Federal Capital
>D.C.

The Marines get wiped off the map within an hour, so long as they aren't Dark Angels and are just using this drop to flush out the defenses for a Deathwing assault.

Just put your trust in the local tyranid infection. If Catachan is anything to go by, Australia doesn't have to fear anything.

We're fine. I'm in Vegas, poor guys would be dropping into a Slaaneshi fuckpit.

youtu.be/9X8dB8648VI?t=5m43s

The answer is: completely fucked.

that's at least 10000 soldiers, for the record

>The city is bathed in nukes and artillery shells whenever the maines pop their heads up.
>with a battle-barge in orbit
murica

>single-handedly
>with ease
BS detector = blown

Implying a few thousand highly explosive bullets would shift billions upon billions of tons concrete bricks and mortar.

It would be like a rowdy gaypride parade or something.

user, you know that the imperium army is supposed to be no match compared to the modern armies right?

see

Even as far back as 40k's inception it has been mentioned that imperial tech far outclipses anything achievable today

it doesn't matter if its subhuman savages armed with clubs, what the manager of IP says, goes.

Completely fucked until the God Emperor of Mankind comes out of hiding and pushes their shit in.

Last time I checked we are all living on Holy Terra.

The spess mehrines have a Strike Cruiser in orbit. The threat of orbital bombardment ought to have us shitting bricks and considering surrender to begin with.

If we don't surrender, it may be because Chaos/Genestealer cultists realize that the gig is up and they are about to get purged. May as well go out fighting and hold out for a hail mary deamonic/hive fleet incursion.

But instead of wasting our cities from orbit with their bombardment cannons with impunity, the noble (probably Ultramarine) astartes launch a daring drop pod assault against the suspected cultists headquarters, Australia. But things were worse than they feared and the cult has infiltrated Australian military high command. The unstoppable fury of the ozzy missile silos blow several of the drop pods clean out of the sky and the rest are forced into evasive actions into the deadly Australian wilderness.

Fighting through ambush packs of drop bears, yowies and purestrain genestealers, the fate of the world hangs in the balance as the marines converge on RAAF Tindal...

>Wellington, NZ
I think the most our military could do is try and squish them with our assault tractors, or fly a C-130 into them maybe.

Apart from that we're solidly fucked. If it was Auckland we'd fare slightly better as we could get all the islanders to rugby tackle them or something, might work.

>a space marine can take out 10,000+ modern soldiers by themselves
Their performance against cultists with autoguns suggests others

I still don't understand the point of these threads when the answer is almost universally the same

Very fucked, as the space marines have now set up a brothel and are willing to fuck anyone with money.
Then after a few decades of constant fucking the marines are desensitized and now turn to coke because they all feel dead inside for feeling like they're a bunch of fucktoys.

As a New Yorker I finally stop giving Albana shit for being the state capital instead NYC.

Thanks for taking one for the team you guys.

HE SAID CAPITAL CITY GUISE CMON

Source?

Heresy.

Not at all: we're all Lealist citizen here

Are these tabletop marines or movie marines?

>Albany
LMFAO picturing this.

Probably a reasonable premise for a webcomic, come to think of it - just have a squad of black templars wandering around upstate, fighting heresy. Chaos incursions in Schenectady, suppressing the apostates of Utica, battling the vicious Sloats of Sloatsburg, etc. Shenanigans ensue.

Very fucked.

Assuming our military would be able to even mobilize we are fucked. Most rounds won't hurt sm without armor.

The only upside is that capital is very wide, and not tall.

>they have to get saved by the space wolves when the get trapped in Buffalo during the winter

there are so many opportunities

There's a huge disconnect between the fluff and the gameplay in 40k; don't forget buy gameplay terms, chucking a rock at a space marine has a 1-in-3 chance of breeching his armour, whereas shooting a normal, unarmoured human with an autogun only has a 50/50 chance of taking him down.

>Cardiff
Fucked.

Don't worry guys, I got this!

Yes! The godly Razor-wire will save the day.

This reference.
I understand'st it.

Your realize that orbital and aerial defenses like that exist in 40k too, right? And that Space Marines drop pods are fast and durable enough to slip past screening?

I'll be totally honest, the idea of this is actually remarkably appealing for a game of Deathwatch.

>Denver/Aurora
Only have legitimate problem when the battlebarge arrives.

We have Norad and the largest airforce academy in the US a less than 60 miles away and a large airforce base in city limits.

I'd Imagine even ceramite will have a hard time with 30mm Sables and AC130 howitzers as well as MOP for even harder targets and the most sophisticated Military targeting and response system in the world.

Chances are good they get vaporized before they make landfall.

Better question, what does the US do with the tech that they recover?

But how well would the bases fair against Terminator deepstrikes and not sure that there's much anyone can do once the battlebarge arrives but I'd love to see some theories or answers.

>But how well would the bases fair against Terminator deepstrikes

If they arrive by pods, then they die in atmosphere. If they teleport, command crews wound be fucked but most of it is run off of automated contingencies anyway. And odds are good the bases would just implode themselves to prevent enemy control, killing the Termies in the process.

>not sure that there's much anyone can do once the battlebarge arrives

Depends on it's orbit, we can theoretically strike with nukes but that's like a 12 minute response for them to just wreck everything.

Still, the sheer number of atomic ordinace that the US alone could vaporize the surface of the world 26 times in a row. Probably more than enough to overcome the voidshields and rip it apart considering that even Inquistors still use atomics for some exterminatus.

We could kill them but odds are good they would kill us in the time it took... MAD but they are religious zealots and martyrs.

They would likely be surprised the see the sheer number of warheads and even if they intercept and destroy 99.99% of them they are still fucked. Like a hive of angry bees.

New york so there fucked by National Guard and military bases all over.

Canada's navy is already fucked; quite frankly they'd be doing us a favour.

>implying a battlebarge fears nuclear warheads when they face nova cannons and lance batteries on the daily