EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's your next brew, /edhg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ramos-dragon-engine-competitive-combo/
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/dreams-city-2014-04-23
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kitty-titties/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for cats are gay and suck as a tribal.

Sultai Big X's, with Tasigur at the helm

>What's your next brew, /edhg/?
Doran, Gonti or Queen Marchesa
Thoughts?

Thinking about big and red neheb deck but i'm not sure.

Serve your Queen

After Kaalia gets built, it's either going to be Newzuri or pic related.

I'm torn between breaking down Ghave and putting the BW parts into Alesha, or building Seton Druidball

Queen Marchesa (long may she reign)

or Doran.

I remember when he was first spoiled, I thought he was ludicrously absurd.

(2)UW
Gets you a 3/4 creature that makes your instants/sorcerys uncounterable. Let alone them having rebound if he ATTACKS!

Not even deal damage to a player, just attack. Which makes it very easy to keep him alive.

Working on giants tribal but stuck on what to use besides the goblin and altar and some tokens to ramp into giants.

The xmage meta already have him as a 'kill on sight' general.

anons have spoken. thanks anons.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ramos-dragon-engine-competitive-combo/
This, reposting from last thread.
I want to cut a bit more for demonic consultation and epic experiment, what two cards go?

Lame. Like I get it but still, make it like as foretold and I guess it'll be tame. I just like the idea of counters as a resource and wish they would play with it more. Especially +1/+1 counters.

What really turns me on about Feldon is that he doesn't exile the creature in the graveyard. Meaning you can spam the same triggers of the same card turn after turn. It's a blessing and a curse that he's mono-red because it means cheap manabase, but I'm limited to big red and colorless bombs as opposed to big R/B/W bombs.

Gonti is pretty cool.

Next brew probably either Selesnya Selvala or Zegana

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

Doesn't even have to be Big Red. You can do crazy shit like make 4 copies of Humble Defector and make everyone draw a shitload of cards

That's not quite it though. It's hard to make a god because you have to spread genuine belief in their power, and everyone already knew Xenagos as that satyr fuckhead. Ashiok on the other hand managed to make a god for shits and giggles by giving a bunch of people in a city nightmares.

I appreciate you at least waiting until the old thread hit the bump limit this time.

>Ashiok

It was quickly crushed by Ephara no it was threating her terroity but still really weak compared to her.

What I was saying was about faith though.
Where would the wedge/shard gods faith come from?

From whatever concept is embodied by each Wedge/Shard.

Wizards said that they want to do more gods (that's partially why gods of destruction don't have indestructible) so maybe Rivals of Ixalan will be about getting into favors from one of the gods of the Golden City? there's possibility for wedge here

Interesting or interesting reading related to EDH you guys recommend?

Quetzalcoatl when.

What are your pet peeves in EDH?

Mine is when an opponent starts asking people to finish him off already as soon as he starts to be in a losing position. They'll urge you to play faster and just kill them, swearing they got nothing, so it can be done with.

Nigger if you really have nothing and you're dead on board, just fucking concede. I won't walk blindly into a comeuppance or some shit, so you sit back while I figure out if I can kill you without overextending and while playing around the interaction spells you're most likely to have.

Mine is when someone keeps passive aggressively whining when you choose them as a target. The most common excuse is that you have poor threat assessment, but apparently they're never the threat on the table. So I'll hit them to get them off the table.

Biggest pet peeve: when a player is faced with a decision regarding which player to hurt, and it's either too early or too close for there to be an obvious choice, so they flip a coin or roll a die or something to make it clear to everyone that they're choosing their victim randomly.

Nigger just make a decision. You're not going to hurt our feelings, you're just wasting time.

I had this group of friends who played risk every weekend in college, and we had this rule, no talking about the game during the game, so that there was no annoying goading like this.

A lot of people find the politics of edh fun so I wouldn't necessarily want to implement the same rule but sometimes people really need to shut the fuck up.

I really hate when this one friend in my playgroup has to criticize every single play people are making despite not being able to see their hands

Dragon/Snake God
I'd came but if something like O-Kagachi is dragon spirit my hope is lost

when someones counters somebody elses commander and they throw a tantrum and threats that they'll die first etc.

>Ashiok made a God
Wait what

It died

>tri-color gods
>each have extremely powerful activated abilities but require a form of tribute on your upkeep or you take a massive setback as punishment

I am brewing Anime fatties or Blaxos can't decide which

Feldon is love, Feldon is life.

Honestly, every time I run him the graveyard nonsense is so satisfying. He can be a little slow, but a good hand with some ramp and discard can be deadly. Gatewatch Chandra is amazing because it lets you wheel every turn and ramping into it early is backbreaking.

You're against him choosing randomly?

If he says "hey don't get mad at me it was random :^)" then I agree with you but I roll dice to randomly attack people sometimes and think it is fine. There is no expectation that you can't attack back just because I rolled a die.

Aggressive Proxies
I played against a guy at FNM between matches and he pulls out a 100% Thrun voltron proxy deck. I mean 100%. He didn't even have real fucking forests.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/dreams-city-2014-04-23
Cacophony, the God of Cities. Ashiok made him and Ephara killed him almost instantly.

>New brew
I just finished Doran, Sliver Overlord, the Black Rose, and got parts for dragon tribal. Next up is Phelddagrif, Queen Marchesa (long may she reign), Kraj, Kozilek, Alesha, Nekusar, Omnath is Fucking Pissed, and Ramos, when he comes out.

I may have a problem.

>using real forests

Pff, why would I do that if I can use proxies with the guru art? :^)

Best general

What basics did he put behind the forests?

this. It's always the combo players who have no board presence for 8 turns then win on turn 9 that become colossally salty bitches when you dare to attack them so you can kill them before they win.

Honorable mention goes to people who play generals like Meren or Kaalia and bitch when their generals get BtFO as soon as they touch the table.

lol get dunked on

>You're against him choosing randomly?

I'm against him feeling it necessary to use a physical randomizer rather than just choosing randomly using his brain. You are capable of making a decision with a degree of randomness that, while imperfect, is more than adequate for the purposes of choosing who to attack in a game of EDH. We don't need to bring dice into this. Just pick someone.

Why is distortion better than butcher? The card draw is only more valuable if you have 2 or less cards in hand and you have to have a card with the same cmc to counter.

If only Distortion had an ability that benefits off drawing cards and is hard to find in colorless decks.

they were just cards sleeved backwards, anything that was just a card back was meant to be a forest. I'm still not sure if he was fucking with me

What's your list for him? I've been brewing something but it seems kind of underwhelming

Typically you'll have dumped your hand ramping up to 10+ mana. If you still have 3+ cards in hand even after all that, just play em first, then cast Kozilek for a fresh hand.

Blaxos is hard to build around, honestly. I lurk these threads and he's my finest tuned commander deck, and I can say he's probably weaker than the rest of not only the experience counter generals, but also the weakest of black white.

That being said if you build it like Orzhov prison you can just sit back while no one focuses you, build experience counters and then suddenly shit out thirty 10/10 tokens. So I do that.

>weakest of black/white

Don't forget about the ghost Jews, fine cards in other formats but draining 1-2 life is useless in edh

I'm building Kemba. I listed a bunch of card I own and wanted to add into it. Any suggestions or spicy tech?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kitty-titties/

Doran blows don't do it. I made that mistake

>but also the weakest of black white

Hola

>le spicy tech meme
>deck named kitty titties

You have to be over 18 to post here Timmy.

Butcher can't ever protect himself or prevent a combo from going off. The window for Distortion's ability to save you may be narrow, but it is infinitely larger than Butcher's.

>first card "dragon throne of tarkir"
>close page

Jareth needs something to sit on

okay lol its spicy tech i guess you wouldn't understand fucking spike lol

lmao fucking spike kill yourself haha is right get out go play modern roflmao

>samefagging this hard
Throw your shit in the trash then throw yourself in after it

Sure thing buckaroo. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Why's Doubling Season so expensive? Does something in Modern/Legacy/Vintage use it?

not even that poster rofl kys you tryhard

It's because it's completely fucking stupid in EDH.

There was a modern meme deck with planeswalker ultimates for a short time but the main reason is simply edh, used to be around $25 then atraxa came and now it's way more

Doubling Season+PW=Win

Well looks like I'm gonna have to eat shit and pay out for one then.

PW?

Currently building a mono black Demon tribal deck, a Geralf and Gisa zombi tribal, and Baral chief of Compliance deck.

Afterwards i am unsure if i'd rather build a Skullbriar deck, hapatra or a Tasigur Villainous Wealth deck

Planewalker.

>Local fat neckbeard at LGS builds Atraxa
>Doesn't have Doubling Season
>Can't afford one because he only has autismbucks for income
>mfw he begs me for an hour to trade me one of my extras but I refuse because fuck Atraxa and fuck fat people

Here here!

>plays Atraxa
>expects anything from anyone
What drives a man to such reckless faggotry?

It has to be Azorius in order to reach color parity.

I'm leaning on GAAIV, built as pillowfort control.

>that gif

is that man okay?

> being this new

>phoneposting

Surface tension of water produces an impact similar to that of obsidian at that speed and height

>shitposting

I don't believe you. Flipping a coin or rolling a die is a way to make a random decision, you can't just imagine flipping a coin and pretend that is random.

Why are emblems allowed to exist. You don't take out doubling season and Tamiyo comes out the next turn they now have an unintractable omniscense.

Colorless decks are filled with mana rocks so Distortion often draws more cards, he also comboes fantastically with Lion's Eye Diamond.

Butcher is still very comparable though and it's not clear which is better but I prefer Distortion for being flashier and the counter ability is more unique and interesting than Annihilator 4.

Don't they go away when the walker dies?

This card could so easily have been a 1/2 for WB or something like that. It's overcosted.

No

No, they stay on player

Fucking no
That's the WHOLE POINT of an emblem

You run removal for the doubling season

Emblems are never removed from the game and there is no way to remove them, and Maro has specifically stated there never will be. The whole point of an emblem is that you blow up your walker for a permanent buff

Do people on Veeky Forums just have zero willingness to read the rules?

Best to worst colors for EDH?

UGBWR

What's a stack lmao?

if /tg were a club not reading the rules would be one of the rules

Look, I don't want to get into a discussion comparing the accuracy with which the human mind and dice simulate randomness. I'm just saying that you don't need to roll a fucking die to pick someone to attack in an EDH game.

Dude asked for pet peeves, that's mine. You want to keep doing it, go ahead, I'm never going to play a match with you anyway.

No, they continue until Karn or the next game.

It's difficult to compare combinations, but in general U>G>B>W>R, except mono Red is better than mono White.

I wonder what the game would be like if the stack wasn't a stack and was instead FIFO

Green
Blue=Black
White=Red