Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

I feel the warp overtaking me... it is a good pain

>Iron Warriors Legion Focus, Ironlets on Suicide Watch edition
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/01/legion-focus-iron-warriors-aug-1gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Its nearly over for Planet 1. Better luck next time Chaos!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for the truth

Chaos are NPCs

>he actually did something right

Ryza ARE really sexy, and unlike the rest no confusion over possible Forge Tactics. They do All Plasma, All The Time with that gorgeous orange colour scheme. Even without DarkMech you still have absurd scope for conversions, the Admech has possibly the single most varied lore and excuses for counts-as in the game. There was a chap on /hhg/ that found "Cyber-hybrid Carnivora" as one of the little subnotes in pic related and decided to do an army of cyborg dinosaurs, and god knows you can turn a LOT of things into electro-priests or Servitors. Pick an Imperium unit, especially LoW, convert one, ally it in, rinse and repeat.

Nth for Looted Tau

6th for Slaanesh

How well do kitchen sink/black legion chaos marines work?

Cant we all be friends?

Continuing with PL madness for FoK

No idea detachment (AKA unbound) 30PL:
>Celestine with 2x twins
>Arco-fags (squad of 3 just for the elite bonus)
>Melta Dominions, Superior with Combi-Melta and Power maul
>Inferno pistol Seraphims, Superior with Power Sword and plasma pistol
>Repressor 2x Heavy Flamer, SB and H-K

Basically everyone but the A-F can move 24"+D6 turn one, since games are on 4'x4' tables I'll be within melta range of everything.
Applying local meta, no one runs hoards but one ork player.
The crazy bastard that brought a Knight Warden at 25PL last week wont show up due to shame. Everyone and their mother table him by turn 3 or before.

9th for Tzeentch.

And people deny Slaanesh is the best Chaos God

Tenga Toppa Gorkan Morkan

So what? I just paint em orange and go full plasma? Most units don't have a plasma option. And what about the no transports problem?

Whoever made that deserves a good pat on the back and a few complements.

Chaplain dreadnoughts with the armor indomitus

Okay, I laughed

Couple of questions.

1) Which Imperial Knight is better when allied with a Grey Knight army, a Knight Crusader or a Knight Warden?

2) Which Grey Knights are better with said Imperial Knight, Strike Squads or Paladins?

I wanna start an army that has a low model count but I'm not sure what would work best. I really like the look of the IK so I sort of want to do something allied with them. Any suggestions are welcome.

>4'x4'
Nigga, that's kill team size.

Kill Team missions when?!

The Iron Warriors rules are pretty ok by themselves, but having a 2+ save demon prince seems pretty nasty

What are good loadouts for a Terminator Captain?

What's the secret do doing a good recess wash? I'm finding that if I use enough to actually shade the recesses, it stains too much of the surrounding colour.

Welcome to my madness world

I was constantly getting turn one 3" inferno pistol range. Blowing sky high multi wound models with crazy flying nuns

I've been trying to figure that out myself because I bought a Knight in 7th hoping to ally it to my GK. At the time I was going towards Crusader for the long range dakka. But now I'm having second thoughts because GK now have a more reliable "deep strike and fuck their faces" playstyle than they did in 7th. So now both army's glaring weaknesses play against each other instead of supplementing each other on top the Knight being potentially 100+ more points than it was in 7th. I'm waiting for our codex to decide whether or not to sell the Knight.

Do you mean undivided?
Because the limited chaos stuff doesn't help.
Unless Black Legion gets a thing like Abaddon has that gives them all the Marks of Chaos so they can benefit from all four chaos gods they'll be underpowered compared to a dedicated group.
You can always mix and match units at least, surround your Sorcerer with Plague Marines to protect him, run some Rubrics to smite spam, have the Sorcerer be Slaaneshi and cast Delightful Agonies on a squad of Possessed or Lightning Claw Chosen, bring a Khorne Daemon Prince w/ Wings to ruin a Character's day.
Stuff like that.

Why would you want kill team when you have necromunda or shadow war?

A 2+ regenerating Daemon Prince

>do you mean undivided?

sort of, I'm considering running a squad of each of the 4 cult marines as they get their new models.

With a six inch morale bubble

I don't remember the loadouts of the IK's, but go for the one with loads of dakka. They have stomping feet & can fall back w/ no penalties if they get charged.

Paladins are great because their wounds attract high damage weapons. Those SHOULD be directed at your walking dakka platform.

Still, though. Low model count HURTS. Maybe grab some objective conscripts and proxy them as militia fighting alongside the holy angels of death!

>"Renegade Chapters" will also get their own rules and stratagems
Is it the Corsairs' time to shine?

OURS IZ DA DRILL DA WILL PIERCE DA HEVUNS

Then yeah, you'll have a harder time taking advantage of the cult bonuses, but if you're smart about it they should compliment each other well enough.

>With 8 attacks buffing Zerkers and bloodletters
Angron on suicide squad

9th edition predictions ?

>Gradual phasing out of marinelets continues
>Primaris given centre stage in the fluff, most legions now primarily primaris, with Guilliman ostensibly as leader of the entire Imperium
>further simplified rules set, ws and bs reduced to 'to hit' , morale removed entirely , cover removed entirely , armour removed entirely, you simply need to wound to damage a model and kill it, psychic phase reduced to roll d6 on a 4+ you smite for 1 wound.
>Community will explode in rage then inevitably buy the game in record numbers.

Whats a good way to make cheap and easy henchmen?

Are there any particular synergies I'll be missing out on, besides named character buffs?

Bucket of little green men

How your dudes friendly are those? Are there equipment loadouts that aren't legal in 8th?

>Can no longer give allies rides in vehicles
>Custodes can no longer deepstrike
>Venerable land raiders can only transport 5 models
this is some bullshit desu. i justwanted a big squad of murder

I'm working on my tournament list for this weekend and this is what I've got. I still need to pick up the final blight launcher and a Rhino but i think i'll go pretty far. What do you guys think? It will be my first 40k tournament.
Detatchment Type/Command Points/Points
Battalion/3CP/1,100
Outrider/1CP/900
Total/7CP/2000
No. Models/Points(Models)/Wargear/Points(Wargear)/Total
Battalion HQ
1x Typhus/164/1x Manreaper(0), 1x The Destroyer Hive(0), 1x Blight Grenade(0)/0/164
1x Malignant Plague Caster/110/1s Corrupted Staff(0), 1x Bolt Pistol(0), 1x Blight Grenade(0), 1x Krak Grenade(0)/0/110
Battalion Elite
1x Noxious Blightbringer/73/1x Cursed Plague Bell(0), 1x Plasma Pistol(7), 1x Blight Grenade(0), 1x Krak Grenade(0)/7/80
Battalion Troops
18x Poxwalkers/108/18x Improvised Weapon(0)/0/108
5x Plague Marines/105/1x Plasma Gun(13), 1x Power Fist(20), 2x Blight Launcher(14), 2x Boltgun(0), 5x Plague Knife(0),5x Blight Grenade(0), 5x Krak Grenade(0)/61/165
5x Plague Marines/105/1x Plasma Gun(13), 1x Power Fist(20), 2x Blight Launcher(14), 2x Boltgun(0), 5x Plague Knife(0),5x Blight Grenade(0), 5x Krak Grenade(0)/61/165
Battalion Dedicated Transport
1x Rhino/70/1x Havoc Launcher(11), 1x Combi-flamer(11)/22/92
Outrider HQ
1x Malignant Plague Caster/110/1x Corrupted Staff(0), 1x Bolt Pistol(0), 1x Blight Grenade(0), 1x Krak Grenade(0)/0/110
Outrider Fast Attack
1x Foetid Bloat-Drone/99/1x Plague Probe(25), 2x Plaguespitter(17)/59/158

Meh even a heavy bolter reduces that to a 3+. 2+ just ain't what it used to be.

Wut?

Not particularly, it'll just cost more points and your list building, army deployment, and tactics will need to be more careful and well thought out to get the same result.

Fuck off, 8th literally just came out

Aside from legion rules, there are some unique HQs for DG and TS that are unnamed and based on what GW is showing us for the god specific trees, buffs from one god's table only buffs units with that mark

do you mean for an inquistors dudes or some human scruffy looking dudes for shadow war? i ordered various bits of guardsmen, the GSC neophytes i think, because i like their armor/cloths, just swap the heads, and a few bits of the chaos cultists and AoS flaggelents. cost about 25 bucks in all, have bits to make the 7 followers i wanted, plust lots of leftovers. just check ebay every other day and craigslist

>it'll just cost more points

oh that's important, are cult marines more expensive outside of their respective legions?

Fellow Thousand Sons players, what is a recommended ratio for Tzaangors to Rubrics in my army? I'm thinking 2:1 is probably best for both fluffiness and tabletop-wise, but I'm not quite sure.

>9th
you realize 8th is it, right? they made it to where they can constantly update it. at best you will get revised codices, and revised rulebooks every few years

My prediction? You will complain about it, feel bitter and still be unsatisfied with your life.

I do 3:1

But I don't use my Rubrics.

Scarab Occult just feel better

How much do those games encourage personalizing each model. Kill team used to let you give special rules to 3 or 4 of your models like "dirty fighter" or "sharpshooter."
If I build a model that has something that 8th doesn't permit, like an Inquisitor with a storm shield, that would be an illegal model for 8th but legal to use in one of those games. Do I have to worry about having models I can only use for those games?

Then you just regrow the wound nerd

Not more expensive, but they are Elites, so it sounds like you'll mostly be doing Vanguard Detachments.

>NPCs
>People play them
Wut?

Hahaha oh god people literally believe this.

Why in the fuck would GW not want to release a 9th edition when players happily lap it up and buy the new edition every time one is released and all switch over without fail? Are GW really going to say no to getting players to buy yet another space marine codex and another rulebook out of the goodness of their hearts? Come on now lad.

I give it two years till 9th. You heard it here first.

To hell with it. I'll just go with Dark eldar.

NOW: kabals, wych cults, or haemonculus covens?

Still not following

You are worried about WYSIWYG? If so why even bother with crap like Kill Team.

Go read the rules before sperging out. Kill team does not let models suddenly get war gear that they don't normally get in the regular game. 40k and kill team has as much customization as you want for models and if you do a conversion simply because it looks cool, no one cares that the gear on the model isn't the exact gear its using in game

Combine them. Each fits a defined role that compliments the others.

Covens

Well thats why you just spend a command point then roll a 6 so you don't lose wounds

I'm expecting my SoB or Inquisition codex when 10th arrive.

Looking through the Space Marine strategems, is there anything that trumps the 1CP reroll any dice in terms of usefulness

Covens, time to get motherfuckin BIG, BITCH! Become a fucking MUTANT and leave eldarkind behind!.

What would those roles be? Cults looks like melee. Dunno about the others.

Please respond... I've just started playing 8th and I've pretty much gone undefeated in casual play with my death guard so i was wondering how well it would do competitively.

Hey guys, Fist player from last night. Did the whole list a do over and wanted your opinions. Still just looking not to get fucking creamed. Hopefully this is more flexible. Gonna jam the HQs with the Vets in the AC Razors up the street with the Dread and have the LC Razors, Devs and Scouts support. I could also take all the storm bolters off and give the Chaplain a power fist, but I wanna try the Bolter Drill Strat to soften up targets to charge.

Captain
Burning Blade (P Sword)
Storm Shield

Chaplain
Storm Bolter

Veteran Squad x5
Storm Shield x2
Power Swords x4
Power Axe
Storm Bolter
Razorback
Twin Autocannon
Storm Bolter

Veteran Squad x5
Storm Shield x2
Power Swords x4
Power Axe
Storm Bolter
Razorback
Twin Autocannon
Storm Bolter

Contemptor Dread
Dread CC Weapon
Kheres Assault Cannon

Scout Squad x5
Sniper RIfle x2
Heavy Bolter
Camo Cloack x5

Scout Squad x5
Sniper RIfle x2
Heavy Bolter
Camo Cloack x5

Dev Squad x5
2 ML/2 LC
Cherub
Razorback
Twin Lascannon
Storm Bolter

Dev Squad x5
2 ML/2 LC
Cherub
Razorback
Twin Lascannon
Storm Bolter

Total: 1500, 72 PL, 4 CP

Any help?

>crap like Kill Team
>Kill team does not let models suddenly get war gear that they don't normally get in the regular game.

I know that, I just wanted to know about other user's experiences w/ necromunda & shadow war that mentioned before reading a bunch of rules I might not even like.

See, I was also thinking that the Crusader was a better option because of the sheer dakka coming out of it but someone I know was suggesting that I might struggle against other super giants like Baneblades and Wraithknights.

Tomorrow focus: the best legion

Kabalites are your shooty units and bread and butter troops. Wyches are your sandpits and fast cc units. Haemonculae bring big tough cc models to the table.

So... you are worried about models for a game you haven't play or even read the rules about it.

Do you know Necromunda is gone and Shadow War is basically "play with a troop choice" the game?

All of the above. Or at least Kabilites and Wych Cult.

None, hand sculpt Kheradruakh and do a mandrakes army to take back Commorragh

Make a mad max themed coven

Learn2format. Rewrite your lists like this. it actually makes them readable.

Black Templar Battalion Detachment 1000/1000 pts
HQ:
>Captain w/ Relic Blade, Combi-melta and Crusader's Helm
>Chaplain: Crozius Arcanum and storm bolter
Troops
>Crusader Squad: 5x Initiates. Combi-plasma, plasma Gun, and missile launcher
>Crusader Squad: 5x Initiates. Combi-plasma, plasma Gun, and missile launcher
>Crusader Squad: 9x Initiates. Power fist, power sword, flamer.
Elites:
>Dreadnought: CCW w/ heavy flamer, assault cannon
>Apothecary
Heavy Support:
>Predator: Predator autocannon and heavy bolters
Dedicated Transport:
>Rhino: Carries CC crusader squad and chaplain

Don't the knights come in a box with all their options included? You could magnetize if you aren't comfortable with the walking dakka.

It's hard to really give list advice because we are in such an early stage of the metagame.

Your list seems like it would do well in objective missions and against infantry hordes but struggle dealing with multiwound targets such as MC's/walkers/tanks etc. I'd try to squeeze in a laspredator somewhere if you can. You're also quite slow so could be easily out maneuvered by flyers. The blight drones are oddly effective against flyers granted but still quite slow. Not sure how you'd change that in the list but something to look out for. Perhaps a helldrake could be useful.

>this

>do this
>no replay regardless
>even try to explain the local meta

I just notice is its Chaos release so bitching and moaning will continue for months.

>Upgrade options in green
Ewww

>Do you know Necromunda is gone and Shadow War is basically "play with a troop choice" the game?
No clue at all. It's only a 1st world problem to have to read rules for things you're interested in, but I was hoping for anecdotes and human interaction to maybe filter which I'm looking at.

>want to put together a Company Veterans squad for my Black Templars
>no idea what to load them up with

They're going to be roaming around with Helbrecht and Emperor's Champion. Most likely in a Crusader once I bite the bullet and buy one.

What gear should I give them?

Sorry, new at this shit.

HQ
>Captain, Burning Blade and Storm Shield
>Chaplain, Storm Bolter
Elite
>Veteran Squad (5), Storm Shield (2), P Sword (4), P Axe, Storm Bolter
>Razorback, Twin Autocannon and Storm Bolter
>Veteran Squad (5), Storm Shield (2), P Sword (4), P Axe, Storm Bolter
>Razorback, Twin Autocannon and Storm Bolter
>Contemptor Dread, Dread CC and K AC
Troop
>Scout Squad (5), Sniper Rifle (2), H Bolter, Camo Cloaks
>Scout Squad (5), Sniper Rifle (2), H Bolter, Camo Cloaks
Heavy Support
>Dev Squad (5), 2 ML/2 LC, Cherub
>Razorback, Twin Lascannon, Storm Bolter
>Dev Squad (5), 2 ML/2 LC, Cherub
>Razorback, Twin Lascannon, Storm Bolter

I miss the shitty and wrong image list builder. It made life much more easier

We should punch the guy that told GW about it in their facebook page.

I can't give you any feedback if I can't read your list. It's difficult as fuck to make out a wall of plain text. Don't include every piece of wargear and use greentext to break up the sections of your post.

Observe

>Stormbolters are the shit now

Yeah on cheapish models when taken in bulk, taking one on an expensive terminator character is pretty worthless.

idk. I've fired just 4 blight drones at a knight titan before and killed it. Their main weapon is S6, ap -1 flamer. also their 3+/5++/5+ feel no pain make them incredibly hard to kill more than 1 in a turn.

The noxious blight bringer in the zombie horde will be speeding them up with 2d6 pick the highest advance orders.

Reformat your list to be readable and someone might try

One or two with stormshields to tank hits
Other with power weapons, one (or two if you feel fancy) with something like a Thunder hammer or Powerfist to really smack some shit up

Wow that's all you get for 2k points of death guard? Expect to get raped by anyone bringing decent massed firepower since you are slow as fuuuuuck.

Obviously. You want combi-weapons on your characters, or nothing at all to save points.

Seems pretty strong, although it's liable to fall over if they can kill all those Bloat Drones. They're really the scariest part of your list by a large margin.

Looks alright. Maybe take your vets as vanguards so you can jump pack them for better mobility. That'll let you free up space that your razorbacks are taking and let you put in more anti-horde shooting options.

What are the Marshal & the champ missing? More importantly, what would benefit from the bubble of +1 S? Unless you're an asshole, you should make your army able to take all on. Like if you registered that list for a tournament and were stuck with it for the next several rounds.
I would also advise taking a lieutenant for that delicious reroll wound.

Whatever, dude. I made the list smaller, more compact, and with the same info. If there's a way of structuring it so that I can please everyone and get showered in C&C, lead the way and I'll do it.

5 unit list at the top or people really do need this:

HQ
>Celestine
2x twins
Elite
>Arco-fags
Fast
>Dominions
4x meltaguns, Superior with Combi-Melta and Power maul
>Seraphims
2x Pairs Inferno Pistol, Superior with Power Sword and plasma pistol
Transport