So which of this systems haves a hard but relative fast combat(Rank from 1 to 5 in speed and hard(deadly)combat)?

So which of this systems haves a hard but relative fast combat(Rank from 1 to 5 in speed and hard(deadly)combat)?

Hackmaster 5e
Mythras classic fantasy
Rolemaster(and any of its sons)

any suggestions?

Hackmaster 5e
Speed 2
Hard 4.5

Haven't played the others.

Mythras is tough to get into because all your options are available to you right from the start. You need to know how everything works before you start playing. That's difficult and slow. Once you figure it out the game plays beautifully and I can resolve 20-combatant melees within an hour.

Combat's not particularly lethal. Death happens sometimes but usually you're rendered combat ineffective and ignored long before dying.

Hackmaster has some fairly complex combat that can be very very lethal. If you know what you're doing the system can move pretty quickly, but there are a lot of combat techniques you can use and managing it all is key to it being speedy.

I'd highly recommend it but I can't speak for the others so I won't give any ratings.

HM5e would be 4 out of 5 in terms of speed and deadly combat. Exploding dice and pain thresholds mean a combat could be over in a matter of seconds. Added bonus of armor and shields working properly.

well classic fantasy slims down the options

is hackmaster more difficult than dnd 2e?

Isnt rolemaster d100+mods vs d100+mods clcuate damage on a table?

GURPS

2e might as well be freeform bud.

I think so
lol thats quite accurate, but more than freeform it is a frankenstein of your favorite rules

Seconded for GURPS. If managed right, it can be fast and deadly.

i will wait for dungeon fantasy for gurps

GURPS combat is fucking brutal. Had a friend that tried to make a graceful sort of duelist type and got into a fight with a huge fucker with an axe.

He gets in 3 hits and he's got this thug bleeding, he's feeling confident. This motherfucker lands one hit with an axe and the Dex-build guy is laying on the ground with a broken leg.

He parries the next hit and gets his sword broken. Has to pull a big knife and stab this guy in the leg, so he backs up and starts taunting him.

Then the archer shoots him in the back for the vitals. He turns around and tries to charge, then passes out.

How much time was this combat?

What type of campaigns hackmaster does?

Most any type of fantasy you want as long as it's not superhero fantasy like dnd. Progress is more measured. Magic is very well balanced. Second based combat means nobody is sitting around waiting for their turn.

The campaign setting that they focus on, Kingdoms of Kalamar is very human oriented with extremely detailed religions.

Strike! is really fast and can be hard/deadly, though not "you got oneshot by a lucky crit, roll a new character" deadly. It needs decisive players though.

Overall I'd give it a solid 4 in both categories, assuming those are the strengths you want to play to.

Not him, but from the sound of it, at least 9 turns.

Which one can do dungeon crawling better?

And if you want high fantasy bs with berserk lethality you can always take a spanish course and use anima

harnmaster. the sheet looks intimidating but it's all you need and it's way easier than, say, rolemaster.

combat works like this:
attacker and defender roll against their respective skills. there are 4 result levels: critical success, success, failure, critical failure.
you crossreference that on the sheet. if the attacker hits, you roll the number of d6 indicated and add the damage modifier of the weapon and subtract the armor value. pretty standard so far.
then you roll a hit location and cross the above net result on the table below for the effect the attack has.

as you can see, kill result (or amputations/decapitations) are quite achievable.

oops, need this from the back side too

Mythras 3/4
RoleMaster 2/5
Don't know Hackmaster