MtG Pauper

Pauper thread?

There's a small local tournament being held here and I've never played competitively.

What deck should I play for the best chance to win? I have no idea what the metagame is around here, but I can build almost anything but Tron decks. Recommendations?

Haven't looked at Pauper in a while, but Delver and MBC used to be really good?

UR Delver is the currently best deck.

There is no real "best deck" in pauper, but UR Delver is the watermark. It posts roughly even EVs against most decks and is skill intensive.
Affinity, Tron, and Dimir also are good.

>Dimir
Teachings?

Burn is always a thing

but mbc is easy to play and cheap

Are there any decent UW control type decks?

UW Acid Trip

Thanks.

Burn is the most fun but also expensive because legacy.

Affinity is also really good but if you netdeck drop the green for vault skirges and add ornithopter and bonesplitters

Mono Blue Delver is okay, best in longer games. MBC is kinda shit if numbers mean anything. It's shown up once in 11 top 32s with a 4-3 or 3-3 record and maybe put up two 5-0s in the last 3 months. UR Delver is better than mono-Blue in most matchups and a bunch of decks do the control/value bit better than MBC can.

Flicker and Alchemy are the two most common Dimir Variants. Teachings shows up less often because aggro is so prevalent at the moment and presumably not that many people are willing to use it.

Burn is pretty much a dumpster fire.

>drop the Green that gives you a 4/4 for 2 and doesn't lose to Gorilla Shaman, Smash to Smithereens, Electrickery, Disfigure, Gleeful Sabotage, etc
W e w

guys, does anyone know any good international-shipping proxy websites?

i want to create a Tabletop RPG version of the Shandalar Game, and i want to use the same cards used on the game.

halp

If you don't need to pass them off of real cards you can get decent stuff off of Ali Express (Chinese amazon). Colors will be too dark compared to real cards and a bit glossy but if you just want it for an RPG they would work.

thanks dud
i wasn't sure about Aliexpress but since they're decent i'll buy from someone there

any special vendors you wanna recommend, everyone in china and their mom sell stuff at aliexpress so i'm a bit lost

>Affinity is also really good but if you netdeck drop the green for vault skirges and add ornithopter and bonesplitters

Would a Disciple of the Vault or two be worth adding? I just love that little guy.

Grixis Affinity is okay, but the it suffers from not being able to beat face as much as Temur and Disciple dies to every instant speed removal ever. It's popped up a few times, just really suffers from not having the bullshit that is Cranial Plating to justify the Black

Wat is the best meme?

>Affinity is also really good but if you netdeck drop the green for vault skirges and add ornithopter and bonesplitters
sounds bad man

>What deck should I play for the best chance to win?
What a boring attitude

Is monoblack control still viable?

Why wouldn't you also want blue?

I like the idea of mono black but I'm open
What would you suggest?

counterspells

ok :P

hey man
they work

Going in to an unknown meta with very little background knowledge of the format?

Play burn.

Brisbane?

Affinity is so good you dont even need disciple

>tfw wanted to make a battlebox for a year but can't get myself to pay shipping for such cheap cards

I just want to do things like pic related

MODO just doesn't do it for me

One Land Spy is the best pauper meme

Does that deck even fucking work?

In my paper meta it has a ~40% WR, it's awful but one of the most fun decks to play

whenever a Pauper thread is born, I must post PIGS

I see you post everytime and I raise with my shitlist.

What do we think about Delver and Kiln Fiend in the same deck? Something like:

4 Delver of Secrets
4 Faerie Miscreant
4 Spellstutter Sprite
4 Kiln Fiend
4 Ninja of the Deep Hours
4 Brainstorm
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Skred
4 Counterspell
3 Daze
2 Temur Battle Rage