>Call it a Goblin
Why did they do this exactly?

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_of_Gryffindor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svartálfar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>complaining about HP goblins

Did you see what they did to elves?

>Implying that house elves aren't the end result of centuries of eugenics and controlled breeding to create a docile, servitor race after human wizards successfully destroyed the elven kingdoms
Wizards are cunts.

Let's be honest here. House elves are what most of Veeky Forums would turn elves into if they had their way.

Because, in the decades since Tolkien wrote his rings books, dwarves have morphed from fantasy not!Jews into fantasy not!Vikings.

If you want a race of cunning craftsmen these days you look to goblins, you only look to dwarves if you want a drunken blacksmith with horns on his helmet and (for some inexplicable reason) a Scots accent.

Dobby may be the ugliest character in cinema history.

(((goblin)))

>Let's be honest here. House elves are what most of Veeky Forums would turn elves into if they had their way.
Wrong.

Veeky Forums house elves would have ginormous tits and soft, inviting orifices.

And wouldn't be as ugly.

Isn't that what gnomes are for?

>Veeky Forums Dobby gets Harry in trouble not by dropping the cake on the Dursley's guests but by trying to /ss/ him so he has to run through the house in the nude

>ginormous tits
only the female elves
>soft, inviting orifices
universally

Kobolds, Goblins, Dwarves, Gnomes, Klabauter, Gremlins, Elves they all were once basically weird little caricature faced people and spirits in folk lore.
Rowling simply picked one name from the blended together mass.

Sure, if you want the human race to go extinct.

>Thread about Gobbo/Dorfs
>Veeky Forums talks about eloves instead
Never change Veeky Forums

>they all were once basically weird little caricature faced people and spirits in folk lore
This.

>Rowling simply picked one name from the blended together mass.
This seems to have been the style for some time.

>and (for some inexplicable reason) a Scots accent.
Vikings are also given Scots accents in American media. I think that's just how they think foreigners talk.

>that hook nose
>banking
yep it all checks out.

Of course! The goblins were behind Gringotts all along!

>Make a Jew
>Call it a Goblin

What did they mean by this?

>not muscular shota bodies and brown skin

You are weak.

Scottish accents being used for the muscled manly fighter characters actually comes from English tradition, because the English traditionally view Scots as a rowdy drunken brutes. For another example, any time you have Athenians and Spartans in the same play/movie, the Athenians traditionally have English accents and the Spartans have Scottish accents, because those two city-states roughly thought of each other the same way England and Scotland thought of each other.

>"sword" of Godric Griffindor
>a weak ass bastard child between an arming sword and a dagger that if fitted perfectly for the hands of a 12 year old malnourished and abused kid

Griffindor was a fucking joke

It's that small because it was made by a goblin king (for use by goblins, obviously), and Gryffindor took the sword from him later during a conflict with the goblin leader.

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_of_Gryffindor

I always kinda assume it adjusts with the person, similar to D&D magic items.

HP basically defied every fantasy creature's traditional setup except Centaurs.Remember how the Gnomes were little brown potato looking pets that infested your yard and cursed at you?

God, it's having a bunch of 4channers on your lawn.

It's possible this is why it has to be pulled from the Sorting Hat. The Hat can tell who's using it, whether they're worthy, and then adjust the dimensions of the sword as needed.

>Because, in the decades since Tolkien wrote his rings books, dwarves have morphed from fantasy not!Jews

They had Jewish influences but they weren't Jews, you dimwitted fuck. They had always used axes, had high quality armor, and were always regarded as some of the best warriors in Middle-earth. Those are quite a few things Jews were not known for.

>make an beady eyed, hook nosed, insular and money obsessed people that commonly have jobs relating to banking
>put the star of David on their bank floor

Jesus Christ, Rowling. Did Raimi gate crash the filming, or something?

Joblins are gews confirmed.

We can have both, sexual dimorphism. That makes it better anyway because it means that Dobbete is already primed by her instincts for /ss/

Because we can't call them jews.

Except that we've seen a female house elf. They also look like an anthropomorphic ball sack.

It makes me sad that Harry Potter is already twisting now adults fantasy tropes.

The computer game Citadel: Forged with Fire even had wizards with staffs ... flying on fucking broomsticks.

That shit makes no sense. If they've got a staff they carry everywhere anyway why not use that to fly, or just use levitation spells.

At least brooms kinda made sense in Potter because it's supposed "wizards" used fairy wands instead of a staff.

They also wore war masks and chanted when killing.

You are aware that Harry Potter didn't invent the concept, right?
Please tell me you are.

This board is for gaming, not movies and TV.

You are quite right Potter didn't invent anything.

Wizards using broomsticks is, or rather was, rare as fuck though before Potter popularised it.

My shitting on wands is a more personal thing, I just think wands in general are shit compared to a good staff.

We're talking about Veeky Forums houselves, user. Keep up.

>You want sword, Man of Horcrux? Yes I know these things you hunt. I learn many secrets in the old country. You will no give up sword? That is fair. We will take sword in other ways. When I was in old country, in Israel, my friends and I...we do things to witches. Terrible things, make them ugly witches who will never cast magic. Your friends, redhead girl and bushy hair girl...they will beg me to stop, as my men and I rain alternating blows of ejaculating and fists upon them. And then when they are broken, Man of Horcrux, when they are nothing more than shells...you will know the sword is returned
>for this month
I know Hagrid said you should never cross a goblin, but I think Rowling went a bit far there

>that entire excerpt
What the fuck was that from?

>beardless Dwarf
>Goblin

What's the difference?

Mr ditkovich's response to Peter saying he'd pay the rent when he fixed the damn door.
Sony execs forced Raimi to cut it

They're supposed to be "The elf and the shoemaker" type elves. Not High Fantasy dreamboats.

Tolkien very explicitly said that his Dwarves were stand-ins for the Jews.

>take a jew
>call him a goblin

I suppose all that rapefugee shilling makes sense now.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svartálfar

Because dwarves are historically tantamount to "black elves" in norse mythology, which is also generally how goblin would be translated into norse languages , since there is no real cultural equivalent.

Sounds great, honestly.

>tfw you will never be a Veeky Forums house elf

Harry potter is more folklorish than high fantasy
Elves/dwarves/gnomes/faeries/leprachauns are basically all just variants of "little people" where the consistent traits seem to be "little magical dickheads". Tolkien invented the beautiful ubermensch elves.

Witches all use brooms though, but magic is unisex in HP so wizards use them as well

>Tolkien invented the beautiful ubermensch elves.

No. He popularized it.

>Tolkien invented the beautiful ubermensch elves

The original elves, or "light elves" as opposed to were actually beautiful übermench, so assumedly that's where he got it.

Oh. My bad. HP still isn't defying anything, it's just pulling from different sources.

Have you tried not assuming everything is based on D&D?

when another game is as fun and has as good lore as d&d, then I will

>D&D
>Good lore

>being a contrarian for the sake of it

You need to at least be 18 to post on this site.

>good lore

I kek'd

>people who know nothing about me can mistake me for a youngin
Validation! I'm NOT that old after all!

This is a kids book? I don't want to be ejaculated on by a goblin and his goons.

interesting how you two don't have an argument isn't it

It was a different time

Pfft. What are you a fag?

Goblins are actually Dwarves who went against Dwarf tradition by shaving

#themoreyouknow

SHUT IT DOWN

If he wanted a sword, he could transfigure a rock into a sword, then cast a spell so the sword fights for itself while he apparates to the finest whorehouse in the world and fucks around for a while until it's done automagically murdering everyone.

The goblin sword is a showpiece.

Not only did they shave their beard but they gave up on gold and instead decided to go primitive.

An even bigger disgrace.

Kinda. The primary inspiration for the dwarves was in norse myth, which the dwarves are small hairy men living underneath the mountain, crafting weapons unmatched by any other living smiths and being greedy shits (Smaug was based on Fafnir who was a dwarf who murdered his own father to gain his treasure and was transformed into a serpent for it). Tolkien gave them the same role the jews had had in reality in Middle-Earth, ie the displaced people who spread out into the world and use their skills to make a living within other countries, efficently integrating themselves into the local populations and speaking their own language only amongst themselves when no one else is around.

Of course, Tolkien admired the jews and his comparison of the two was not made with a hint of anti-semitism, contrary to what some people might think.

no arguements needed for an opinion.

let me summarize what didnt need to be stated, dnd has generic everything. Its boring and uninteresting to anyone with experience in the genre. The Wizard lords blessed us with a system that by default is a homogenized bland tasting series of settings that anyone can access.

It reeks of unoriginality and ease of access, the systems tend to be nonsensical and inconsistent with their own simple rules.

But hey dont let me stop you from liking it. I didnt intend on changing anyones minds. Im just here for the fun.

D&D lore is a genericized mishmash of the works of early SFF authors like Moorecock, Tolkien, Vance, Lieber, and Howard. It has no flavor. Intentionally so, because it's built so that DM's can do their own takes on various sorts of classic fantasy stories. There's nothing wrong with that, but that isn't "good lore."