/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Chaos is strong

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/k2v7gybw5ae5b/Mad_Alfred's_Campaigns_and_Resources
youtube.com/watch?v=yz7qXNJglxI
totalwar.com/blog/birthday-regiments-faq/
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sons_of_Bretonnia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>chaos
>strong

First for Asavar Kul, the only cool Everchosen

First for tight elven asses.

Thulsa Doom was the greatest Everchosen.

Bitches in his name.

He was just a random sorcerer.

i need more dark elf art :^)

Can elves brap?

>mediafire.com/folder/k2v7gybw5ae5b/Mad_Alfred's_Campaigns_and_Resources

For whoever cares, there's this guy Mad Alfred who wrote a bunch of scenarios and campaigns for WFRP 1e and made some pretty good maps. I decided to compile everything here since downloading everything from his website was a pain in the ass and some of his charts got all fucked up looking when I downloaded them so I cleaned everything up as well as I could and saved them as pdfs.

I'm working on converting a few of his scenarios that weren't already finished pdfs into 2e but that was more than I felt like doing today so I'll have those uploaded later.

And Sigmar was some dude in a loincloth.

Quality thread, fap-faggots.

as much as Conan
I mean, both wear sensible armor in books.

A Necrach and an albino grey seer trapped in a labyrinthine dungeon together, each thinking they're the one running the experiments on the other while subversively letting them believe the other one is really in charge.

>30 new RoR units

just art?
what about cosplay?

>tight
That's so used she's more roast beefed than any human whore.

Waste of time, really. Some are ok, some are just palette swaps with better stats.

They kind of miss the point of the actual Regiments of Renown.

Hag.

>humans and elves can have children together
>bloodwracks are just warped elves
>humans can get bloodwracks pregnant
Just give her shades.

hm?

>>humans and elves can have children together
Not in my headcanon. This seems to be so sporadic, I think it only slipped in because other settings have them and the author didn't care to check or ask anyone, but nobody important at GW ever gave them any attention.

Jealous dwarf spotted. Don't be jelly just because your women all have saggy cottage cheese asses.

In 40k Eldar was explicitly stated to be capable of interbreeding with humans in rulebook.

You already had this discussion in the former thread, so I'll make it quick: Different universe, different setting, this is more than twenty years old rogue trader lore than is not compatible with current 40k lore on several levels, not only human-eldar interbreeding, and it's stupid to bring this into this thread.

>Not in my headcanon.

Speaking of armoured Sigmar, is anyone sitting on some artwork depicting the forces of Sigmar during his reign? IIRC there were atleast a few examples of it.

Two (You)'s so far.

>Different universe, different setting,

Makes a certain amount of sense - the species ghat can interbreed are all the ones that were uplifted by the Old Ones.

Eldar =/= Elves.

Ever since the Warhammer general and the Warhammer RPG general were combined, these threads have been nothing but discussions of old, obscure fluff that has no place in modern Warhammer, but it's deemed ok because "Priestley says there's no canon", despite all the evidence to the contrary. Also serious discussions of Black Library material.

They were looking like norscans.

Was being the operative word.

they are probably going to come with the roaming army system in warhammer 2.
Also
>moo moo cow people are a waste of time.
no.

>Makes a certain amount of sense - the species ghat can interbreed are all the ones that were uplifted by the Old Ones
There is some sense, but then I also want to hear about all these half-dwarves, half-ogres and half-halflings. My point is that half-elves are common in other settings, so someone wrote them in, not becuase they are actually a confirmed thing. Maybe they exist, but they are so unimportant that I can happily pretend they don't.

>Eldar =/= Elves
Tell that that other guy that brought them up.

>half dwarfs
dwarfs are autistic enough to not breed with their own women.
>ogres
they probably eat the mate
>halflings
they probably eat the mate.

>modern Warhammer
'Modern Warhammer' is shit and dead, in that order.

With the death of the setting we have been freed from the millstone-round-the-neck of retcons and dumbing-down. Now we can just discuss reconciling the existing material into something interesting and consistent.

>dwarfs are autistic enough to not breed with their own women
And elves are too prideful to ever touch a human, but according to this single incident it somehow happened. Dwarves and humans share a much closer relationship, by mere chance there is something bound to happen. If only some rich dwarf buying himself lots of human prostitutes because he couldn't get that one-out-of-ten dwarf wife.

Gotrek joked about how Felix might have dwarf blood.

>And elves are too prideful to ever touch a human,

I mean, if you ignore multiple examples of druchii doing it, and Teclis, and possibly the Lady of the Lake.

It's almost like these fantasy races can have some varied individuals and saying: "[race] would never do [x]!" is a bit stupid.

I liked seeing Endhammer discussed again last thread.

>Teclis

Where?

How do you feel about Ulthuan sinking?

>And elves are too prideful to ever touch a human
In Gileads Blood, the hero notes just how seperated from his own kind Finubar had become when he realises he had a half-human son.

> Dwarves and humans share a much closer relationship, by mere chance there is something bound to happen

And likely has. Vargh Brueghl comes to mind - although he was a mutant, he was also a midget. Because of his stature he was shunned bh both humans and dwarfs and could find no home in either community. I wouldn't be surprised if half-dwarfs were in the same boat.

Additionally, from what lore we can find half-breeds seem to mostly take the characteristics of one parent, with a few slight tweaks - to the point where elves couldn't tell they were talkjping to a half-elf.

There might be half-breeds all over the place, but the setting never really makes a big deal of them.

TWW's Mirror Guard are awesome.

They seem to be quite rare, or a cdrtainty. Not like D&D where you see them in any large town and they have their own communities. I imagine many are just killed at birth.

>Finubar has a half-human son
I guess that explains where he kept going off to all those years.

>or a cdrtainty
Stop masturbating while posting and you will be able to spell these difficult words.

When are the actual Regiments of Renown getting in?

Why did they never give the Empire a unit of Dwarven warriors or gunners as a ROR? To represent the Dwarves living the the lands of men?

There were warscrolls or whatever they were called in 8th, but nobody ever used them

I like it for what Endhammer is -- a near-apocalyptic even. Even if it takes away a lot of what characterizes the High Elves.

Which is why I gave up on it.
End Times was a mistake, and Endhammer was the badly glued together attempt to repair it.

SoC or nothing. Lizardmen in Albion, High Elves wondering wtf they missed.

>people arguing about Endhammer, SoC and other shits
>I'm writing my own not!Warhammer setting to accommodate all my headcanons
you're so tiny from up here

Full list: totalwar.com/blog/birthday-regiments-faq/

So T9A?

that's the system I'll probably use to play it, unless they screw up with 2.0, but the setting is my own, not bland crap T9A use

Fuck you, I like Sigmar being Roman and Horned Rat being a Nutcracker parody.

What do they do with all the magical shotas they kidnap?

Playthings of the elven women because that's their fetish?

Living dildo.

>What do they do with all the magical shotas they kidnap?
I vaguely remember something about the kids being eaten. Or maybe that was the folklore that inspired it. Would have to look that up again.

Oh they were eaten alright. And they ate back.

It would make more sense if they used the male children as brainwashed agents sent out to scout the human nations in a way their elven scouts could not.

Be trained as assassins with minor magical abilities.

it's implied they're used to rebirth Orion. so they either are sacrifices, or the breeding stock for wild riders

Sense and Warhammer don't really go hand in hand.
Like how on earth do dark elves live so long in a society where they constantly murder one another for shits and giggles?

Because Malekith is actually a competent ruler. Next question.

Same way Romans did I suppose.

Keep the damsels for the wild riders and the to be grail knights for the sisters of the thorn and we're unto a realm even more magical than Athel Loren.

where is that from?

Post more Ian Miller art. Don't care if it's warhammer relevant, Ian Miller is always relevant.

Neat. Thank you.

there are mods for that kind of shit.
You want me to make one for you?

As many Elves as the plot demands.

A faction can only lose if the story requires it. Elves are as infinite as Daemons until an event requires Daemons to win.

...Sure?

>tfw could never run your hands up those thighs and squeeze dat ass without dying in horrible pain
>even if you did manage it, it would probably be used as the basis for an ironic torture later

So no further detail on 4th edition WFRP?
How long are we going to have to wait for details?

Because they base their society around it, with a 'only the strong survive' mentality. It seems fucked up and even wasteful, but it's probably the only way to control all the dark elf lords, to convince them to use sabotage, backstabbery, and even just earning favor from Malekith above that of their rivals, instead of outright civil war like if backstabbing wasn't allowed. And they'll all want to backstab, just because they can't stand having superiors.

Everything that exists in Naggaroth is due to Malekith's will, and he won't even allow new noble titles or encourage settlements in the wilderness - he wants a copy of Nagarythe that's full of warriors he can make use of at any time, and doesn't need stability beyond that. As long as the nobles don't massacre everyone, he don't care.

So last thread someone mentioned Middenheim: City of Chaos would be a good book to read to get a lot of info about the region.

Anyone know where I could find that, since the pastebin doesn't seem to have it?

This is GW.

Preorders start a week before launch, previews two weeks before launch.

what units you want senpai?

>This is GW.
I'm afraid it isn't.

The woodcut artwork from "The Life of Sigmar" tends to be on the minimalist side. Somewhere between classical-era Germanic barbarians and Dark Ages Germanic kingdoms.

What game is this from?

Mark of Chaos expansion Battle March.

The equipment in this is completely wrong, but I like that.

>those fucking faces

I know right? It's almost like a a more modern person tried to draw what they thought Sigmar vs. Nagash would look like, but had absolutely no idea what equipment his ancestors used and just assumed they used armor and weapons he'd be familiar with.

that is fucking awesome

By not actually doing that and much of the upper echelon of society stemming quite literally from military discipline origins due to a somewhat over-emphasized warrior culture?

RL Kislev
there was a scifi/fantasy/science convention there this weekend, photo's from there

based slavs. Their hunger for relevance will make warhammer great again.

Praag...?

is troll country comrade

Can anyone send me the based chinaman's email via PM? thx ;)

go away kirby,

Trained into magical Knights as it always was.

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sons_of_Bretonnia