Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

prepare for Titan fall edition

Knights are balanced skunk-edition

>winglets focus, legion tactic is meh but buff/ability mixing is sexy
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/02/legion-focus-night-lords-aug-2gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Its nearly over for Planet 1. Better luck next time Chaos!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Tyranid-Swarm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Konor will not fall.

Also, what are you all working on? Played any games as of late?

I am pleased...and with that warlord trait I guess Decimus kind of sort of is a character? Thanks GW, not nearly as disappointed as I thought I would be, you can keep your skin.

>Hello, little brother

Third for "Always be proud of your painted army, no matter how good it is, but always keep improving."

Alpha Legion

Nth for Sisters!

Does Shas'O R'alai have to inflict an unsaved wound to be eligible for the moprtal wound roll?

It sounds kinda shit, the non-vehicle shot is better against vehicles..

I am painting my 80AUD 1000 point plague marine army (not to brag or anything) and have a game I'm halfway through set up in another room

Dead

Help a brother out.

I'm trying to make a decent Eldar list, and it's difficult trying to figure out what's best in the current index. So far I've got:

>autarch with sword
>basic-ass warlock
>2 wave serpents with missile launchers, each carrying 5 Fire Dragons and six howling banshees
>2 basic units of dark Reapers

Which comes out to exactly 1200 points. I'm totally open to using harlequins, though I don't love the aesthetic of DEldar even if the rules are nice. Would filling the last 800 with a troupe n' vehicle, solitaire, then shining spears/wind riders/star weavers be worthwhile?

I don't have a painted army because I do a test model, get depressed and loose all motivation.

Anyone know where you can get decentish models that can be used for rough riders? I kinda want to run them now with 8th, but GW doesn't sell them, FW would have me pay ~210 USD for a single squad of 10, and converting them from Fantasy/Sigmar would cost me ~100 USD between the mounts and the IG bitz I'd need.

I was thinking of doing a unit of Sternguard Vets with 2 heavy flamers and giving the rest Bolter/Flamer combi weapons and put it in a drop pod. Not sure how useful it would be but it seems like fun in theory.

Also I have a bunch of combi weapon pistols do they count as combi weapons w/o the pistol property or are they just not used at all anymore?

Reposting from the dying general:

Do you guys have any suggestions for a good proxy for this giant bastard?

FW doesn't sell them anymore, and they're pretty ugly anyways.

It's around 12-15 inches in length.

The only good proxy I've found is a Pelican dropship made by Spartan Games that's about the same size, but they're months behind on their back orders.

>Eldar Rangers

So if you roll a 6, do they take a saving throw for that damage AND suffer a Mortal wound or does the Mortal Wound really go 'in addition" to the regular saving throw?

I spy with my little eye a tiny Assholetep Overlord amongst your ranks.
Nice

>Dorn killed an undercover agent
>IMPERIUM DEFENDEDS :D:DDD

Dorn once again failed the emperor when he killed Alpharius

So, the Night Lord tactic is that running multiple units near enemy units lowers their Leadership by 1, to a max of -3.

Battleshock sucks, but I can see a comedic use for this with Treason of Tzeentch. -3 Ld makes it way more likely that you can hijack your opponent's characters.

What is the funniest thing you could see this being used for? I imagine the best thing would be hijacking Pask or a Russ Commander, or having Bobby G slice up his own Ultramarines.

>'in addition" to the regular saving throw
Then what would be the point of it being a mortal wound?

From the looks of it, you might be able to do the White Dwarf deodorant tank, add some assorted bits and be fine with it. Just look for the right scale.

I would rather play against a badly painted army 100% of the time than grey plastic.

>or having Bobby G slice up his own Ultramarines.
You can't use it on the enemy warlord, and there's never a reason to not make bobby G your warlord if you're brining him

>B-BUT VICTORY

Alpha memeing is not match for the Fists,

Want to start nids and I have 300cad set aside to do so, can any nid-nogs/bug-boys give me a hand with a basic list? Assume I know nothing and have never played a game

Is chaos a decent option for a first army? Seems like they have a ton of options, but all the spikey bits and trim makes me wonder if they are more of a pain to paint.
I had been considering necrons, but they seem to have fewer options for units.

Cough cough iron cage cough cough

Retconned

Go and check the range of a heavy flamer. Now go and read the rues of a drop pod. that should answer your question.

Chaos is a fair choice because smooth flat areas can often be harder to paint to spikes and detail.

Get a couple Wraithlords or Wraithblades for some fun melee capability. They are fun to paint and have hella attachments for versatility. Want to shoot shit to bits while approaching to charge? Shuriken cannon, flamer, and starcannon with Ghostglaive. Want AT out the ass? Brightlance Shruiken Cannon Missile Launcher and Flamers. At that point they get kinda points-y but Its definitely both fun to play with and against.

You can do it. To hell with what other people think. Even a mediocre paint job is better than grey plastic.
Got them from a Goodwill for $5 after just walking in to donate some things. It is a lead model and weighs more than a land raider

>Damned the emperor and mankind to 10,000 years of suffering because of lopping off the head of Alpharius instead of capturing him or thinking about how and why, despite all the chaos of the battle around them, are they fighting one on one.

Dorn is the greatest retard in the setting. He makes Ogryns look like a hyper advanced brain species

Find one of these online and make it your start.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Tyranid-Swarm

>having Bobby G slice up his own Ultramarines.

Treason works on a NON Warlord Character.

I mean if Ultrasmurf didn't take Bobby G as their Warlord it could work

>Be Calgar and Warlord in today's battle.
>Fighting along side Guilliman
>Suddenly he turns and cuts the Apothecary in half.
>God dangit Bobby. That primarch ain't right since he woke up.

Never was retconned, the Iron Cage always had two different sides to the story, the IW version and the IF version

Spiky bits really aren't a problem to paint, so they're not much better or worse than regular marines all in all.

Both they and regular marines are perfectly fine as first armies, and have the benefit of getting their codexes out early.

The spiky bits are a little annoying to paint, but a lot of the spiky bits are optional.
I've never played non-chaos though so I have no idea if they're actually more difficult.

>Bringing up the Iron Cage in regards to the Alpha Legion
>Bringing up the event were the Iron Cuckolds lacked the stones to slit their own throat to slit Dorn's

>Also, what are you all working on?
Squad of custodes i impulse bought while getting paint. unfortunately can't actually find a way to use them on the table

>Played any games as of late?
2.5k pts templar black tide vs ork green tide

>Got them from a Goodwill for $5 after just walking in to donate some things. It is a lead model and weighs more than a land raider
I would pay good money for an Overlord who can go toe to toe with a Land Raider, btw.

>Implying Alpharius had anything of worth to say or do

He was just a snake, so twisted up by his own schemes that he was begging for death.

>2.5k pts templar black tide vs ork green tide
Sounds fun. Who won? Any pictures?

The sudden shift to King of the Hill reference caught me by surprise mid sip of my drink you cheeky cock.

Why not just put your Custodes into your black tide list?

Disgustingly resilient. Can it stop mortal wounds?
Terminators in cover, how does that work?

>>Played any games as of late?
>2.5k pts templar black tide vs ork green tide
how'd this go?

You'll enjoy this

I believe the local shop has one in stock but I was worried about synapse shenanigans, is it still horrible to run them without it?

Dumbest question you've recieved about the new edition? For me it would have to be:
> "So how's painting changed this edition?"

Why do Raven Guard look like edgy enemy characters, guys?

Yes it can stop mortal wounds
They get a bonus to their save, ussually +1. This means they have a 1+ save, meaning AP-2 is needed to get them to a 3+

Provided there arent flamers on it, a Warscythe overlord will chop up a Land Raider pretty well. Get a squad of lychguard with 2 shields and 3 warscyhes along with the overlord and go beatstick some tanks to death.

>Also, what are you all working on?

Finished painting up my 1000 points of Crimson Talons Space Marines. Hooray! Now going to start on 1000 points of Dark Eldar, but sadly probably wont get them done before I go back to work next week.

Played any games as of late?

Still haven't played at all in a long time, but hoping to either get a game at the local GW or at a nearby games club sometime soon.

Yes it can, and they have a 1+ save but 1s always fail so it basically just reduces AP by 1.

Considering Dorn went to the Iron Cage with the INTENT on being massacred, it's hard to he lost when what he wanted happened.

>His determination to do so had two motivations. First, Dorn of course wanted to continue his crusade against the Traitor Legions and the Iron Warriors in particular. Second, Dorn decided to resolve the Codex Astartes Crisis by accepting the Codex but willed that the entire Imperial Fists Legion would symbolically enter into the pain glove together and emerge ready and willing to reorganize into Chapters. Assaulting the Iron Warriors' Eternal Fortress provided just such an opportunity.

Dorn had two goals on going to the Iron Cage
>Kill Iron Warriors
>Have his sons feel pain

Outcomes of the Iron Cage?
>Killed Iron Warriors
>Imperial Fists had pain inflicted on them.

MISSION COMPLETE.

I genuinely don't believe you, unless the person in question was joking.

Converting the Drycha model from Age of Sigmar into a Slaaneshi Decimator via the use of extra spikes and Daemonette bits in the Start Collecting box.

Konor will fall (although probably not)

I genuinelty didn't believe him either but he just gave me a dead pan stare until I got creeped out and shrugged.

Do you think anyone would get particularly irate if one used a Domitar-Ferrum as a stand-in for a Chaplain Dreadnought? I think the model looks absolutely beautiful and I'd never have a reason to own one otherwise. All I'd have to figure out is where to put the Assault Cannon.

>But the tyranid swarm numbers in the trillions, and they are not the only danger to the Chapter’s future. As the galaxy slides toward a terrifying new era, events far away threaten to unleash a greater evil. A further enemy must also be overcome, that of the Black Rage that lurks in the souls of all Sanguinius’s bloodline.

New novel featuring the darkest hour of the Blood Angel coming out soon. But there is something interesting going. Some event far away from Baal is threatening to unleash an evil far greater than even the Tyranids. Who is this evil? New faction confirmed?!

Lorewise what exactly is the difference between a storm bolter and a combi-bolter?

Still says dorn was a broken man, and that everyone would've died if not for smurf ex-machina, meaning he got much more than he bargained for.

Why would I ever summon anything?

If you want them cheap just buy some 28mm knights and say they're a auxiliary regiment from a feudal world. Maybe throw a few extra Las weapon bits on them. That's not far off from how Attilan Roughriders worked in the first place.

It's Chaos.

Masochism, if you enjoy seeing your units die if you can't get them out by turn three.

Because before you make your list you shouldn't know what your opponent is taking. THerefore it is advantageous to have a pool of points that can be spent during the game to fit any specific need.

One is two bolters strapped together (kinda shoddy and cumbersome) and the stormbolter is a weapon made and designed to act as two bolters (less powerful but easier to use and more reliable.

Fuck I love WB and WE colours. Is it worth waiting a few more days to see their rules before I go out and buy dark eldar?

Makes no sense. Why didn't they say it was Chaos?
It could be Necrons

To sell more books. It's chaos.

Working on a batch of Kataphrons, it's a bitch but has to be done.

Played a bigass 3k game against 1500 points of craftworld/quins and Raven guard wiped the floor with the fuckers. Shooty protectrons deleted a pair of commanders while radtroopers btfo'd a bunch of troupe members (4++ don't mean shit against 50 wounds, beyotch).

Then the firstborg 9000s did what they do to a ghostkeel, charged from the smoldering wreck into some Jetbikes, and enjoyed swatting the fuckers out of the sky. Plasmaphrons sitting next to cawl made short work of some Tau suits while 5 breachers arc guns clicked a shorthand 'delet this' on a wave serpent. Then the gravaphrons decided to go full war criminal and killed a wraithlord in one go.

Priests didn't even make it to melee sadly, but konor got some more points. I think 3k v 2 1.5k is unfair, honestly.

Yes?

Does Alpha legion actually have a playstyle or is it just metallic dudes with JUST AS PLANNED memes

>still can't choose which CSM legion to use

You posted the same thing yesterday and the answer is yes.

That was Dorns side of the story, which is a complete opposite of the IW side, which shows that it's not that cut and dry

Honestly I'm pretty disappointed, after how great and fluffy the traitor legion rules were originally.

Because Daemons are frail as fuck, with no "real way to mitigate morale (25pts for a 1/6 chance to autopass), and Daemonic Summoning is their transport.

>Makes no sense.

Yes it does. We've already seen it play out.
Tyranids attack, suddenly warpstorm, warpstorm goes and bugs have been killed by Ka'Bandha.

Alpha Legion

It's just to start out with, don't worry. You'll have a fairly easy time picking up the slack with other stuff you'll get slowly.

How is Chaos greater than the nids?

Ka'Bandha. Blood Angels have a history with Khorne. Plus the Devastation of Baal foreshadowed it.

Play Alpha Legion and use the Mk4 models.

Problem is, the design is counter intuitive. Half of the demon packs are only effective when you run them in squads of 20+ for their bonus, but it becomes exponentially harder, bordering on impossible to summon those packs in with standard rules.

Sneaky tacticool shit. Lots of infiltrating. Short range firefights. Also cultists.

> says he played Eldar and Raven Guard
> talks about killing Tau
Really activates the almonds

What I'm meaning by bringing it up is it CAN be a win-win

Perty made the fortress to harvest geneseeds, slaughter IF, and Ascend to Daemonhood.

Dorn went their to kill IW, and get his sons to accept the Codex.

Thing is EVERYONE had their goals / win conditions fulfilled. So I'd argue that BOTH sides won.

>Now I'd also argue Dorn had really shitty reasons / goals. But that's not the argument.

Do the mega book epubs work alright with e readers? Thinking if buying one soon

Night Lords!!!

They usually have some sort of sneaky playstyle.
How they play this edition will be revealed in a few days.

I probably buggered off before I got any answer. Thanks though.

Mega book?

Yup. Also fucks you over as summoning is your Character's whole Movement turn.

Wish you could move after summoning.

Sooooooo...

Thanks for spoiling the book, user.

Gee, I don't know.