/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/the-dog-days-of-august-sorta-monday-meeting-notes/

>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

>Question
When is Beckett's Jyhad Diary supposed to come out and has anyone seen what it's like thus far?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!RDBnCayI!SNvHO9fRLsBH72C9LUs6sOFziW-66c_DWq_EjFUZY6w
mediafire.com/file/db3j9qwcbs8s7l7/Vampire the Requiem - Thousand Years of Night.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>When is Beckett's Jyhad Diary supposed to come out and has anyone seen what it's like thus far?
Never.

The Dark Eras 2 Kickstarter is kind of disappointing me. None of the Eras are really grabbing me.

Thousand Years of Night WHEN?

I'm pretty hyped for Mage/Geist pirates and King Arthur's Brittania.

mega.nz/#!RDBnCayI!SNvHO9fRLsBH72C9LUs6sOFziW-66c_DWq_EjFUZY6w

Beta version I laid hands on.

So is there just a total stall on production or what? When can we expect new content?

Why did you link Wiedzmin (in Polish at that)? Or was that some kind of joke?

Standard response to anyone who asks about PDFs or WHEN in capitals for shit nobody knows about.

Since when? I've only been gone from this general for the last two months.

Since whenever I see a post like that and link to a polish copy of the Witcher?

Well, joke's on you, I like Wiedzmin and I can read Polish.

>somebody asks about content
>post polish witcher
I don't get the joke.

I think he was counting on me not knowing Polish, but also he might be genuinely autistic and this 'joke' only makes sense to himself.

mediafire.com/file/db3j9qwcbs8s7l7/Vampire the Requiem - Thousand Years of Night.pdf

Someone linked it over a month ago senpai, step it up

Well, then finish the translation because I sure as fuck can't and I want to start shitposting about mages from the Witcher too.

Cheers, user. Anything else come out in the past two months for oWoD? I figured I might as well update the oWoD Mega if that's the case.

Does anybody else feel like it's too easy to cast with your Inferior Arcanum once you pony up the xp to learn it? I mean, it's supposed to be an element nearly non-existent to your Path, but you can still cast it like any Common Arcana.

Same as pretty much any RPG company these days: when it's done. Aside from certain indies run by a single person, I am hard pressed to name a single company that's actually put out consistent content relatively on time.

No use complaining, mages are easy modo thats the way its supposed to be. Thats why withstand was changed from Splattribute to some shitty stat

>So is there just a total stall on production or what? When can we expect new content?
Dark Ages Companion, Book of Secrets, Building a Legend, CtDreaming Anthology and Thousand years of Night just came out
there's slowdown near gencon, in 2 weeks

It's not a power level thing but a fluff thing. Just seems inconsistent.

Daily reminder that Vampires are the cockroaches of the nWoD and will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

So what? It's still the most played game in both oWoD and nWoD. Does that really bother you that much?

Unfortunately people with terrible taste are abundant. It's just a fact of life.

And it's a fact of life that your game will literally never, ever be discussed as much as Vampire. Why be so salty about it instead of actually trying to garner some sort of discussion about whatever you play?

Have you checked the thread counts on the opp forum?

yeah, it is pretty cool, agreed

Why would I go there in the first place?

I'm not bothered by it. I'm not the user who called vampires cockroaches, although even if I was that as still just an assumption you threw out defensively.

Believe it or not, more than one person dislikes Vampire. More than two, even.

And that's fine. No one is telling you you have to like a game just because it's got more players/people talking about it. The way he went about it however has been absolutely stupid and most likely trying to instigate some kind of flame war. I don't really give a shit myself, I play Mage and Vampire from time to time, but enjoy reading the fluff of other splats (minus Beast).

Then how can you even suggest that people discuss vampire more than anything else without looking at one example of evidence that proves you wrong...

Fuck off faggot.

Why does pointing out a simple fact make you so defensive?

Because I wasn't referring to those forums in the first place, nor were they mentioned before that post brought them up. Why would I give a shit about some forum that I don't even browse?

>acknowledge he was probably baiting
>but still replies

>evidence
That's lib talk right there. and we don't take kindly to those who assert the LIE around here. Get the shotguns boys

>exarchs created religion, capitalism, racism, nationalism(as if those two weren't the same) and oppression in general
>its those gall-durned liberals who serve the lie
um no sweetie

I'm seriously still waiting for somebody to tell me if these pics are supposed to actually be an insult to magefags, because as a magefag I just think they're hilarious.

But who created alcoholism?

Cain, to take his mind off of how lousy his kids were

What are the other ones planned ?

THOse Damn libs are trying to turn all us faggy so we stop reproducing Haven't you figured it out already? Repressing birthrates is the first step. Less people to oppose their agenda! All evidence from the fallen world is straight up LIE from the' masters' feeding the simples. WAKE UP

Then show us your evidence that vampire is talked about more than other games and dont include the twilight sites you frequent.

Otherwise shut up and accept that some people hate vampire and its not the #1 fucking thing around.

Do you guys integrate world leaders or the 4th Reich or other real world events into your games?

>what is the top selling white wolf rpg?
Vampire I thought that was obvious. In a capitalist system money = interest.

is it tho? citation needed.

Is that preview version or final?

Which reminds me, does someone have final version of PtC 2e?

But reality has a mage-wing bias

The Enemy Is not the leaders. those are the puppets sad theater to placate the ruling class. Kings in gilded cages. SEERs get shit on. No The REAL enemy is the local radio talk shows. that and school teachers. And the priest and The mail man. Trying to deliver there "INFORMATION." nothing but propaganda from the LIE. I've been on a crusade to save the paper boy's from their sorry fate. But it's of no use. Thse LIE has infected them too.

Thanks

>Awakening more popular than both Vampire games
And all is right with the world.

What the fuck is Building a Legend?

It's the book where they try and fail to make Beast less shit

And dnd is played more than white wolf. you going to cry? I bet you're going to cry

A book about chronicle building in the same vein as Damnation City but not as good because its a bit Beast focused.

The vamproach accuses you of crying while choking back bitter tears

There is literally nothing wrong with Beast

Why would anybody cry about that?

According to this Mage doesn't even beat out BigEyesSmallMouth

You need to go back

yeah you need to go back to redoubleDit

What website?

Us elite class D&D players look down upon your silly 'story' game. Your silly paths of nonsence.

The hack job half rewrite leaving origins inconsistent and super boring gaslighting 'teaching' they shoved in with it begs to differ.

>doesn't know google
well if you're going to play dumb. I can't help you. but don't worry school doesn't start for another month or so, so your teachers aren't going to beat your hide red yet

Do your teachers beat you in your country? How barbaric.

>google
Neither of those images turn up drivethrurpg as the source when you search for them.

>Then show us your evidence that vampire is talked about more than other games and dont include the twilight sites you frequent.

I was talking about this general, you dumb fucking cunt. Why the fuck would I reference some outside sites when we're here in the first place?

Mage is most talked about on this general you dumb fucking cunt. #Magesupremacy

Mage is talked about here way more than Vampire. More than any other splat.

I talk about Mage too, so I don't lose out either way. But shitposting about Mage =/= discussing Mage.

nice back pedaling

your such a fag

>back pedaling

I already mentioned earlier that I play Mage and Vampire, but then again, can't expect people to keep track of anyone here when we're all anonymous.

But anyway, how autistic are you? Or rather, how fucking worthless is your life that you persist with this kind of shitposting?

Just the preview, I think

You were wrong, i dont give a fuck what you mentioned. Stop spreading aids. If your going to post at least have the fucking decency to have your facts right

What has you playing mage and vampire got to do with the fact you were wrong, it doesnt make you less wrong does it?

>you were wrong

Not at all. Overall, Vampire is the best known WoD game and most played too. Current sales might have shifted a bit towards other things, for whatever reasons, but they always swing back to Vampire, be it Masquerade or Requiem.

Oh so we on to using other sites now? I thought it was on general you fucking goal post shifting shitler

I'm sorry, I can't keep track of who's who, I figured you were the guy who was posting DTR screenshots. But yeah, even just by going by this general, Vampire is the most talked about.

hahahahahahahahahahaha, now i know you are trolling

There is literally nothing right with Beast

Anyone ever notice how there's no mage larps, but a shit ton of vampire larps?

Vampire is only talked about when people shit the bread. so all the time in this thread

Regardless of my love for Mage, Mage is talked about much in the same regard, or have you somehow missed out on all the Mage shitposting in the past year or so?

Thats because masturbating in public places tends to be a felony

>V20
>Changeling
>Geist
>both Hunters
>Demon
Based spics.

All the books published for Mage Larp were bad.
The NWoD book just ported over vampires weird politic voting system that didn't really mesh with Mage. And ritual spell casting doesn't really mesh with LARPing.
The OWoD LARP books attempted to simplify the 1-5 system into 3 tiers of powers which just didn't match with mage so it ended with with a poorly made hack of the Vampire MET system.

There has never been good published rules for a Mage LARP.

I've played in two, one NWoD and one OWoD with massive rules adaptions to use NWoD spell casting. They worked well, but Mage has the highest buy in for new players and requires a level of system mastery above and beyond every other WoD line to get the verisimilitude going.

I'm still hoping by night studios puts out a version with good rules, but after the flatness they applied to werewolf eaving everything samey and that they've decided to do a far less popular game first, Dreaming, leave me not holding my breath for it.

>They worked well
Not rules wise, those still ended up being kinda a mess and bogged down play.
I mean they worked well as in they were fun. They didn't work well because they weren't approachable to new people (as well as some animosity among other people in the community towards the ST and mage in general (they were vampfags with double hat boners) so people shit talked it without knowing anything about it.)

It's not spics, in english version it's identical. Difference is that this is under the head f White Wolf Publishing while the previous one was under Onyx Path. So this one has only old stuff that probably no one really buys.

vamp video games 1
mage video games 0

Technically there's 3 vampire games and 1 mage game
>VtM: Redemption
>VtM: Bloodlines
>VtM: We Eat Blood And All Our Friends Are Dead
>MtA: Refuge

As far as officially made, specifically oWoD games go, at least

>crap game

Can only be played with fanmade patches

I don't get this meme. Every time I've played the game, fan mods or not, its just an unplayable crashing mess. Why would you reinstall a game that doesn't even run stably?

It's a cult classic. It has a dedicated fanbase.

>only like Hunter
>it never gets discussed

Also, I heard that supernatural resistance in Hurt Locker doesn't apply as resistence against spells targeting the character who has the merit since most you only resist with resolve. Is that true? If so, I made a really shit witch hunter for next session

How can you be a fan of a game that doesn't even run?

Ask Masqueradefags.

Spells are only withstood with whatever their withstand stat/thing is. Its never a supernatural resistance. ie if resolve is a spells withstand rating then you need a potency > resolve to affect the person

Nope, your fucked.

Beast is so fucking garbage it hurts and too any faggot that says a beast can beat a vamp they are dead wrong unless the beast is in its fucking lair