SHADOW WAR ARMAGEDDON GENERAL TACO

The struggle is real edition.

Keep playing skirmish you bastards. It's the only thing that 28mm really works for anyway.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aNL8QvvrP-NEMwRVNETW10dk0/view?usp=sharing

Of course I name all my models, don't you Mr. 40K?

Other urls found in this thread:

yaktribe.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This makes people happy. Be happy people.

Been itching to play. Keep asking at my LGS about it, but as soon as 8th Edition hit, this died. We didn't even get one event because the LGS wanted to wait for the book to release to general public.

So here I am with my Sisters and Orkz and i'm about to just start playing against myself in a futile attempt to learn the game.

Syndicate Kill Team. Because why not.

Get on Yaktribe and see if anyone in your area likes to play skirmish games. Any Necromunda Player can teach you and play SWA without any problems.

yaktribe.org/

Joining this site really gives you access to a cool community.

They have a really cool player map that will help you find people.

Blood Donors best vehicle rules.

I'm really shit at tabletop games. But I love the idea of Necromunda/Shadow War. Customizing / 'getting attached' to units and stuff is neat as fuck to me. 40k doesn't interest me in the least as a game (Rather play WarmaHordes) but I love the idea of Shadow War/Necromunda..

Autopistols are the best pistols for the points and the hardest pistols to find in 40K.

I like the galaxy wide setting but GW doesn't really do anything interesting with it. Necromunda was the big exception to this.

Necromunda used the skeleton of the 40K setting and built a game with a lot of freedom in it. Many things in Necromunda are simply there because it is the 40K galaxy and that builds a lot of potential.

A lot of people are worried about balance issues in SWA but in Necromunda power issues were moderated by the market prices and rarity. If they get the pricing right on things you will never have issues with balance.

I just don't personally care for having a hundred units on a table at one time. I'm bad at micro managing and thinking in that way. I can handle games like Guild Ball and Blood Bowl because its a fixed number (I also like those games a lot).

I like the armies in 40k, I just.. don't wanna deal with the army sizes and such. So SWA/Necro/Mordheim are right up my alley. Both in terms of I love narrating and customizing, and its small skirmish size.

But my LGS right now, it's all 40k (Fate of Konor or whatever) and they're starting a WarmaHordes beginners league.. but nothing for SWA. Which is a damn shame.

Check out NU ORK by Lord Blackfang. It is pretty crazy but has an amazing skill and race system. The armories are also impressive.

I like Necromunda and the derivatives, but I do honestly think a few other games of the warband/campaign type are superior (most notably, This is Not a Test).
A shame that most 40k gamers have attention spans of fleas.

Name a few games and i'll look into them.
I'm down for anything with a cheap entry cost (easier to get my friends to try it)

Same, even worse is several people have bought the book but say they haven't read it yet.

The only games I've played are random guys who haven't read the rules and didn't mind just trying a game.

I like skirmish gaming because it is so thrilling. Win or lose your gang still grows and changes. Sure you can take a beating but it is always fun and dramatic.

Removing models like wound counters in 40K is just tedious. I could play that game with colored beads and have the same outcome.

The 28mm scale just lends itself well to skirmish and the average table size is about the scale that light infantry would engage in during urban warfare. The huge meat grinder battles of 40K are mind numbingly boring and it has been this way after 2nd edition 40K. All of it is geared towards model sails and and broken elite forces. The truth is I'll take on anything in the 40K galaxy with gangs and their armory. But GW wouldn't want petty gangers defeating the elite forces of the 41st millenium. Immagine if a Juve got lucky with a Krak grenade and took out a Grey Knight. The kind of people I see playing 40K now days just wouldn't tolerate that. They might just quit the game and whine about it being a broken system for years after taking a loss like that.

Now is a real opportunity to play some actual tactics in the 40K galaxy. SWA is kind of a joke of a product but it has opened up the fiery crucible of skirmish warfare to all the 40K factions. There will never a better opportunity to thrash 40K power gamers than with the tactics of the skirmish tabletop.

Just did. This is Not a Test is a Fallout/MadMax/Borderlands/Stalker(ie, whatever) post-apoc skirmish that uses any models, and is basically a modernized Necromunda-type game using d10s.

Again in general, skirmish games are more interesting I'd agree. Individual models and their positions and actions matter moreso than the illusion of scale from stuff like 40k, when every piece is just a glorified token or hitpoint. The rulesets generally are crisper too and have more variety of action.

I got to clean all these crappy Kill Team rules out of gaming folder. They tried so hard but 40K is just such a shitty system.

I just wish there was.a system that was.more defined than swa and used the roster of swa. I like playing grey knights and tyranids and what not but every adaptation takes them away and replaces them with gangers which isn't my thing.

I like the Kill Teams of SWA, but I think they should fit into the Necromunda campaign rules. Not try to fit Hive gangs into SWA. Necromunda Gangs are just fine doing their own thing in a campaign and if they want to fight a military style Kill Team they can have at it.

Gangs and Warbands function differently and have more autonomy that Kill Teams. Kill teams have quotas and get fixed resources. The two play a different campaign style but their isn't any reason they can't fight each other on the tabletop.

Fighting crazy shit like tyranid warriors is super exciting for gangs.

Sure I agree there but i think some of the kill teams should start small and expand, like Tyranids. Other ones like grey knights yeah they should have a fixed amount.

I also wish it had more lore friendly stats too.

>This is Not a Test

This game looks sick. Picked up the demo rule set and am going to show my friends it. I like the setting.

Use the Business as usual rules to blend SWA and Necromunda. This is seriously all it takes.

When Gangs fight Kill Teams there are a few simple rules to remember.

BUSINESS AS USUAL IN THE HIVE: Easy rules for Gangs in SWA
#1. If a Necromunda Gang fights a Kill Team then you roll the scenario on the SWA scenario table and follow those scenario rules.
#2. Ratskin Scouts and Ratskin Maps still provide local knowledge and can still modify the SWA scenario table.
#3. Any promethium caches awarded for playing a SWA scenario are still awarded to a Necromunda Gang.
#4. Promethium caches double as Isotopic Fuel Rods for gangs and can be used to turn any territory into a settlement, stashed, or sold at half cost for 25 credits.
#5. If a gang loses 3 to 1 casualties in a Kill Team Fight or an Ambush the gang must forfeit a settlement or its most valuable territory to the Kill Team, the Kill Team loots the territory for an additional prometheum cache.
#6. Gangs roll on their own injury chart, use their own experience progression, use their own skill tables, and collect income from territories. Gangs disregard Underdog and Giant Killer Bonus when fighting Kill Teams.
#7. Any forces of the Imperium can report gangs and make them roll on the Outlaw chart with the -3 for fighting forces of the Imperium.
#8. Necromunda gangs can also fight other Necromunda gangs in a campaign involving SWA Kill Teams. Gangs use all the standard rules for gangs fighting gangs. They roll on the Necromunda or Outlaw scenario chart as normal. No promethium caches are awarded when gangs fight gangs.
#9. Gangs use Necromunda ammo rolls to represent their poorly maintained equipment. Use SWA sustained fire rules.
#10. THE GENERAL RULE, if you are playing a gang use the Necromunda rule for it.

The only thing that isn't mentioned here is that you need to apply the experience conditions from whatever scenario you are playing to a gang.The scenarios for Necromunda and SWA are same.

Anyone got the PDF for the full rules? Been checking it out and it looks neat. Might run Tyranids as mutants could be fun.

This is all I got. The Mods stopped posting all the links are tired of this game.

You can pretty much do anything you want with this game. I suggest looking up NU ORK and Inquisimunda.

yaktribe.org is the best place to start.

somebody is gonna ask anyway

I've been wanting to try a Chaos Cultist warband and I was wondering if I should try to make a little Cultist-chan model.
I even thought up a way to turn her into a special character, but that might be a little too much faggotry.

Just no one playing this or just a dead night for SWA?

That's actually a request for the full rules of This is Not a Test. I'd recommend actually buying that--- it's a one-man show, so buying even a single rulebook actually helps that a lot.

I've been wanting to just have a female cultist or two in my chaos crew. I was hoping to find some gross, degenerate renegade-looking chicks to fill out the team, but most of the female minis are a bit too cheesecake.
Anyway, don't worry about giving her special rules. Just keep her alive long enough to become a trooper and give her an advance or two and she'll be a distinct character.

So what you are saying is, for a guy like me, who is more about 'Your Dudes' in tabletop games and wants to get into both modeling as a hobby and playing some form of the 40k tabletop, SWA is right up my alley? Does this have some popularity in shops considering less models/less time per game/easier to get into?