EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Feminine Boners" Edition

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's your personal staples?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/deck/660848#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kawaii-vampire/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-07-17-rGe-shu-yun/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/intet-the-polymorphist/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What's your personal staples?

This is one of my all-time favorite cards and I play it pretty much whenever possible.

Olivia makes me feel strange

>Thread Question
Do you mean pet cards?
If so trading post is an auto include in most of my decks.

GIGANTIC PILLAR OF FUTANARI VAMPIRE FLESH

>EDH Staple

>personal staples
pyroblast/reb
blasphemous act
lapse of certainty
nightscape familiar
cyclonic rift

this user is only partially right zada can also be combo as well
but either way she is an all of nothing deck no matter how you build her

I've played zada since she came out.
I have tuned zada very aggressively to work in my competitive meta
mtggoldfish.com/deck/660848#paper my deck

there is two ways to build her
>agro
>draw till combo
I prefer a mixture of the two

her best wincons are
>aggravated assault
>purfurose + alpha
>dualcaster + twin flame/heat shimmer
>fiery gambit
you can put in stuff like kiki conscripts, but the ones i listed fit the deck the best and are useful outside of a combo

I have a hate a hate package in my deck as well
>defense grid
>price of glory
>possibility storm (very spicy with zada)
>blood moon
>magus of the moon

I also have every good wheel I can run (debating on other shit such as the one mana wheel)
they are very good so you don't run out of steam if you have no creatures on the field or no draw spells

zada is a very explosive deck and it folds to board wipes but she has the possibility to win out of nowhere in combination with your explosive low cost draw spells, rituals, and combos.

she will be heavy focused once people see her power

cards to possibly add that I've debated on
>the sac alters
>spawning breath
>more wheels
>more rituals

shes an amazing budget commander and the reason i still have fun playing this game

>not wanting to be pinged by Olivia's monstrous she-cock

Dawg you gotta drop all those combat buffs and just focus on making horrifying amounts of tokens

Alright fellas, I need the extra crispy, extra spicy Mardu-colored hate cards. Stuff like Thalia, Wingmare and Harsh Mentor are obvious

but alphaing is fun and most of my buffs give trample
they are more reliable than you would think. and the draw spells and wheels allow me to not run so many creatures

I want to make a deck that has no defined strategy or win-con. Something that can't necessarily be predicted, but has great synergy no matter what I have on hand.

Should I go Shu Yun, Mizzix, Riku, or something else entirely?

You need more rituals. Inner Fire is fucking huge.

And where's your Empty the Warrens?

Butcher of Malakir is one of my favorites, it really only shines in Sacc decks though, but it's also a good "don't touch me" card.

So goodstuff?

thinking about adding inner fire
>pic related

and empty the warens seems like its only effective when I go off, and whn i go off i dont need it to win.
i may add it back in, but it just seems to slow

mana geyser is better than inner fire imo

>no Psychosis Crawler

Nigga it literally curves out from Zada and can punch someone for over 20 if it doesn't kill the table

Probably. Shu Yun looks nice, but kind of forces me into Jeskai Human Tribal. Mizzix is Izzet.dec, which feels too... obvious, and Riku... I dunno.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kawaii-vampire/

Looking to use this for:
>Casting cool spells
>Stealing creatures
>Reanimating creatures

What's my win condition here?
I figured:
>Conflagrate + Enter the Infinite
>Rise of the Dark Realms + Overwhelming Forces

Would love any advice, tips, tricks, etc. Maybe even helping turn it into a Storm deck.

Pet cards kind of implies they aren't necessarily the best card for the slot where as the thread question is getting at what cards do you get a lot of mileage out of that are overlooked by others.

Is Goblin Assault really better than Goblinslide?

both are kind of shite imo, but assault is better if you are trying to win early, every 1 mana is very important
Ive won based on a factor of 1 mana constantly

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-07-17-rGe-shu-yun/
Shu Yun is the first deck I've built, still one of my favorites.

Why do you have mill in this deck?

Also want some mill, sorry.

>play zada with 4 mana

>next turn
pick one
>combo out and win
>play crawler and wait a whole turn do do anything, the entire time its on the table people know what is going to do and will try and kill it

> Mine :)

He's just a bid dumb beatstick that shuffles back into your deck and looks intimidating, but I try to fit him into any stompy decks I make.

Blightsteel is for faggots though

>thread question

its cool and its great in a control shell
horror tribal when

Add mana geyser, ive never won harder in red than with that card.

Magus of the/Blood Moon, Aven Mindcensor, Containment Priest, Suture Priest, Blood Artist, Zulaport Cutthroat, Dictate of Erebos.

Even if it wasn't good, I would include it for the art alone.

>yfw foglio full art lands in Unshit

I'd love to see a set featuring only foglios art.

Which would be better, a set where every card is a Guay or a Nielsen?

>yfw full art Gurus

john avon lands are confirmed already

Not in Zada it isn't. You can make an insane amount of mana off of a single cantrip and Inner Fire.

Also Inner Fire costs less.

The trouble with Mana Geyser is that it's only worth dropping in the late-game. It's 3RR, early to mid game it's usually completely dead. If you're going ultra-turbo mode with Zada you're only slowing yourself down with that card.

So if you copy Tormenting Voice or Cathartic Reunion you discard once and draw twice, right?

Yes.

yep. Only one cast, the other just goes right to the stack

I posted that and realized I should probably clarify like immediately afterwards. If you're casting it without paying it's mana cost (spelltwine) you'll need to pay the additional cost. If you're copying it via pyromancer's goggles or reverberate, you won't have to discard again.

A copied Burn at the Stake keeps the number of tapped dudes, right? You don't have to tap a new batch

Neat. Into Wort you go.

tq
recycle
gilder briar
fade away
power sink
land tax
all the winds cycle
hot soup
anything with ninjitsu that fits the colors
ashiok planeswalker.

You're not the sharpest spoon in the drawer, are you?

Yes, additional costs are paid when you CAST a spell, if you copy a spell you don't cast it do you?

I'm also not a dismissive cockhole but here we are.

Should I build my EDH deck after my Modern deck since Modern will be on the pro-tour again next year?

To me it seems like none of the cards I'd need for Marath will shoot up except Doubling Season which I do want to get and also the Dual Lands I still need.

Do you plan on going to the modern pro tour? Do your friends/people at your lgs play modern more than edh? If so finish your modern deck first, if it's the other way around finish your edh deck first.

My LGS is gonna be playing Modern in the Fall so yeah I probably should than. We just do EDH casually at my LGS.

I'm trying to make a polymorph deck with pic. related as the commander.

Is this a good start? Remember that I can't run mana rocks or weak creatures.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/intet-the-polymorphist/

Guay. Terese just draws herself all the fucking time.

If that means a ton of Basandra-likes, I'd be completely down for that.

Can we just have a set that's Guay, Nielsen, diTerlizzi, and Quinton Hoover?

This one is defiantly a staple for me. I also use living death in both of my decks but it probably isn't good in every deck

>Can't we just have a set thats all Chippy
ftfy

>Thread Question

Love the colour. Love the mechanic. Love the flavour text. Love specially the Rebbeca Guay art. It's such a pretty card.

All time favorite since release. Yes, i am a dickhead.

What does your deck look like?

Kambal basically reads "pay 2 life to do anything"
There's solemnity and stoney silence to shut down degeneracy. Rest in Peace to shit on graveyards. Ghostly prison and death pits to stop people from attacking you.

What are you trying to hate? Because mardu will let you do it.

It's always fun to kill someone with the draw/damage clause.

>What are you trying to hate?
Creatures, especially big ones. My meta is Timmytown

How does the thread feel about pic related?

Crawlspace
Quietus Spike
Smoke

Phyrexian Arena, Imps Mischief and Yawgmoth's Will

>Be me
>Be playing wanderer
>Copy Gitrog dude's dark depths
>Make an instant 20/20
>Swings for game
Great card 10/10

Would conpsiring the great aurora actually make people mad?

I guess I'll post it until you guys hate me.
It's better the more broken mana you're running, going pitch, get mox opal into pitch get mox diamond and pitch get crypt/ring is insane, though it costs a lot of cards in hand.

I love it. It's great for funny shenanigans in my group. The fact that you can stack multiple triggers to copy several things in a row is great. I use it to copy combo pieces from my opponents and jury-rig my own combos.

Top Tier Jank, running it as another damage doubler in Gisela. Can't wait to get out Dictate+Furnace+Violence+Gisela and clone one of them.

Yes. I've done it.

Lapse of Certainty goes in 100% of decks that run white but not blue. If you disagree you're wrong.

Jesus Christ I never understood how insane Lion's Eye Diamond is until I tested it

This thing is gross

Im using it to make marit lage tokens to hit people with warstorm surge, its pretty cute when it works and instantly domes people who havent healed.

Lot of extra turns, cards like wildfire, devestation, the 3 titans and mana artifacts

It is only good in specific scenarios though. What are you using it with?

For me the only two big ones are Kozilek (Distortion) and Auriok Salvagers.

Copying a creature with it won't trigger Warstorm Surge. It's already in play, its type is just changing

Lapse is the best counter in a UW deck. Nothing is better to tap down your blue knowing those greedy fucks think they have a free win.

One of the best artworks in my opinion

its not the part thats entering, its used to make sure i have a marit lage for combat, the other 2 get legends ruled for the etb effect

No, you copy Depths to plop a token onto the battlefield.

I've been making a concerted effort to begin lowering my curves recently. What's /edhg/'s preferred 1-drops?

What colour(s) are you playing

What commander are you running? Is it 1v1 or 4-player? What type of deck are you playing?
In general though, any one-mana dork is usually a good inclusion.

It's the pinnacle of 75%, only as strong as your opponents' stuff most of the time. I do enjoy copying my own Monastery Mentor tho

Hes half right, i planned to use it for dark depths copying but in play its usually saving the token from exile in my group

Been doing it across all colors, though with a focus on white and green. Commanders are Newzuri, Angry Flubber, Gahiji, Atraxa (in prototype form), Queen Marchesa and Taigam (playgroup let me proxy him)

If you're serious about accelerating your tempo and lowering your curve, Mana Crypt is a good place to start. Any of the moxes that are legal in EDH work well too. You should also look at 1-drops that fix you in some way, like Land Tax/Weathered Wayfarer, Mirri's Guile, and Sensei's Divining Top.

>W
Land Tax
Path
Swords
Mom
Weathered Wayfarer
Serra Ascendant

>U
Mental Misstep at competitive tables
Mystic Remora
Ponder/Brainstorm(with fetches), Preordain
Swan Song!
Spell Pierce
Dispel

>B
Phyrexian Reclamation
Thoughtseize/Duress/Inquisition
Vamp Tutor
Reanimate

Dont forget entomb if you have some graveyard shenanigans

I run a Baral Spellslinger/Control deck that has pretty much no defined win con that's fun to play.

The only common strategy is "Stop others from suddenly going off, allow people to resolve nice things to make political allies, then bounce the field/build up enough muscle to take control of the game" Kicked Rite of Replication on a nice big fatty, possibly with a sweet ETB, keeping around a Docent of Perfection/Talrand long enough to amass an armada of flyers, get a Caged Sun onto the field and start getting big bodies like Diluvian Primordial and Scourge of Fleets bounced by Navigator, ect. I can post a list if you want.

If you're doing any kind of stax or hatebear strategy, you could consider Root Maze. It can be backbreaking for your opponents if you get it out turn 1/2

In EDH why is it still 10 poison counters and not 20?

Phyrexian Metamorph and Clever Impersonator seem to make it into almost every blue deck I make. The flexibility really is wonderful.

>my opponents when I cloned my mind's dilation