Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1651: Working in the Salt Mines Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view
discord.gg/wDQVYng
pastebin.com/ZFfvzymS
pastebin.com/BZfs0ZW3
pastebin.com/gTFx1UKX
pastebin.com/BXVj4X4Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YOU FUCKED UP

YOU FUCKED UP

YOU FUCKED UP

YOU FUCKED UP

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Discord
discord.gg/wDQVYng

>Last Thread
Yep. Sure did.

That isn't right. Try Again?

Reminder that the word is HEro, not SHEro. Shero is not a word.

Therefore, women can't be heroes.

Ah, ignore me. I didn't have update on.

So what did you do during Splatoon, /jc/?

Reminder that the reason most of the world's gone to shit is because of a bunch of old men.

The following is about last thread. If you don't want to read it, then don't. You've been warned.

>I've fallen for this one already.
Okay, I take it it ended badly, then. Sorry for asking, I didn't know.

That's what he was doing all along, user. Only shitposters were screaming at him as though he was doing the lewd version when he explictly wasn't. Strange isn't it that SoAnon only reacted to the shitposters and didn't bother to even read what the actual guy was saying, almost as though she had no experience in Veeky Forums at all or any critical thinking capacity. Odd how she didn't even ask or change her mind when things became clear, or when Justiceanon practically begged her to talk about it in the IRC. Odd even when if was obvious thee was not and would be no lewd that she still decided to leave and make demands. Very odd behaviour. You could almost say, insane. Either that or duplicitious. I'm actually giving her the benefit of the doubt when I assume the latter, although it has since been confirmed by other anons that's she was a drama queen.

So I give you evidence I am not samefagging, where it's irrelevant anyway as it should be obvious that there are multiple people unhappy with your whitewashing, and yet you are just going to ignore it. Fine. it's not like I care about your opinion.

Welp, it's pretty late where I am so I'm getting to bed. Good night all, even the shitposters and SoAnon's barking doggie.

Reminder that "hero" and "history" are not derived from the English words "he" and "his," but from Latin roots.

Reminder that the word "man" was originally gender-neutral. A male was "wereman" or "werman," a female was "wifman."

Isn't it always. It's never old women or young men responsible for the world going to shit.

I think it was more trying to be humorous, given the spoilers.

Good night user.

I like this. I pick up such nice little bits of trivia here.

Look, im just here to shitpost about weebshit

Set up relationships between inklings and octolings, because forbidden love.

Fought terrorists.

>Ness the Abs Dragon
Can I borrow this?

Would it be better or worse if it was old women?
Hmm, old women could also be grandmas.
Grandmas are a recognised source of delicious cookies.
So, if they were making the world shit, they would also give us cookies at the same time. Hence balancing things out!
Give power to the Grandmas! They fuck things up but give us baked goods to compensate! Its genius!

Sorry if the First Magic queries are stale by now, but I had one for my project.

It will take me a century or a couple to start creating people, but how long would it take to learn how to create people with history? Rather like jumpchain origins/backgrounds, where a person has a family, a house, all the documentation and acquaintances to prove they have always truly existed.

Should I be a Golgom High Priest or Not-Kamen Rider Shin in Showa KR Part 2?

Do you want to make Cookie Clicker happen? Because that's how Cookie Clicker happens.

Cookie Clicker jump when?

>Besides, the magical realm gets a little too deep.

Still want to see it.

Great minds think like cookies.

The Grandmapocalypse cometh!
As soon as someone makes the jump.

Reminder that this is a mermaid in DxD

~stifled girly scream~
~tilts head~
Why is Issei bent over? Is that mermaid going to... Urgh. Issei, why?

That's why we want to see it tho.

I mean it can't be that bad, your civ in Stellaris is a hivemind of dragon-girls. Sounds okay to me.

Where can I go to make a jumper feel completely helpless and destroy them, mentally?

The Soma gauntlet with the right drawbacks? Can I ask why?

Distant Sky Gauntlet could work.

Never a bad time to visit Berserk.

Character development. So they can get built back up again. When the GaoGaiGar jump gets released I want Guy to inspire them to bravery!

I guess this thread is sticking around then? Okay

Jump 4: Muppet Treasure Island

Identity: Pirate, Human

Perks:
+ Professional Pirate (Free)
+ Just the Ship's Cook (200, 800)
+ Musical Number (Free)
+ Are you kidding? I love you guys! (100, 700)
+ Mutiny (300, 400)

Items:
+ Shipmate (100, 300) = Katia Managan: Pirate, Professional Pirate, Muppet
Don't look at me like that, I didn't want this. This is what I get for daring to roll.
+ Treasure Map (200, 100)
+ Clothes (Free)
+ Gun (100, 0)

Story Time: pastebin.com/ZFfvzymS

A shorter one, this time. Just five pages. I didn't want to just rehash the events of the movie, so I skipped most of that.
Sorry it's not more interesting. This seemed like a fun, relaxing Jump to visit in between all the action packed ones.

The SOMA gauntlet is a /great/ one for this.

Prooobably a lot longer then it does to take people, given you'd need to create their entire history. If you were just making everything up, all the people and objects appearing out of nowhere with memories that made them think they all had history with each other but not actually having them have a history in the world, that'd still be in the centuries range.

Making them with actual history means making stuff in the past and their entire timelines of each person, altering the timelines of existing things and just...yeah, it's looking at a long time because you're creating events and alterations, instead of just summoning physical objects, which extends it even more. So a long time. Tens of thousands of years minimum, most likely. Possibly a lot more if you're not just making normal, boring people but instead ones that had influence over major events or characters.

[Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya redux, jump #46ish]

Drawbacks: The Darkness Will Spread Until It Turns The World Into A Prison, Every Servant Wants To Kill You (2000)

Grail Candidate, age 14 (1900)

Genius (Free)
Magical Girls...Can Fly, Can't They? (Free)
Empty Space (1800)
Refined Lesser Grail (1500)
Wishcraft (1200)
Class Card: Archer (1000)
Zelretch's Student (200)
Canon Companions: Luvia, Bazett (0)

I've been thinking about it, and that random user was right-Prisma Illya does work better as a coda to my Fate arc of horrible circumstances giving way to worse decisions. With SN as the jump before it, my last memory was a badly wounded JUMPER "redeeming" himself by holding me down while Elodie showered us both with blades-and Zelretch shoved us all into another universe.

I'm alone, disorientated and surrounded by very, very angry beings that remember who's been going around nicking Grails. I am also an Eliatrope, so my default answer to problems like this is portalling the HECK into the stratosphere and then surrounding myself with more portal-

-I vomit ichor as a cursed spear rips out through my side. I am not focusing very well, and that whirling caster isn't helping my post-apotheosis sickness. There, the cube. There, a couple of portals. Now to jam this fucker shut with a wish.

I landed in Europe, bumfuck nowhere. Someone is clapping. I look up. It's Zelretch. He's also cracking his knuckles.

"Not a bad start for a beginner! Training begins tommorow. Be punctual. Don't make me regret this, I just want to give you what you need to stay gone forever"

I sink into the ground, wondering if this day can get any worse.

"Also, you still have to pay tuition"

Fuck.

I'd definitely like to second Distant Sky, from personal experience! Also Light of Terra, Ib and Sunless Sea lend themselves well to being played like this.

In regards to the Camp Camp jump, if we took The Road of Life and half-way paid attention, could we safely assume that by the end of the summer we'd have passing skill in archery, hiking, search and rescue, biking, horseback, training that will save you from a heart attack, scuba diving, miming, keeping up with rhyming, football, limbo, science, stunting, pre-calc, spaceships, treasure hunting, bomb defusal, no refusal, fantasy, circus trapeze, and fights, and ghosts, and paints, and snakes, and knives, and chess, and dance, and weights?

I actually just wanted to say that it's a fun jump and a fun show.

>Character development
>Built back up again
>Built back up
Kek.

Hello! First time posting here or doing Jumpchain. I was about to start, but I've never seen or played anything Pokemon and I don't think I want to start with that. Is there any alternative to the OP pdf for a first timer?
Thanks.

You don't have to do Pokemon as your first jump, you can use any jump you want, though lots of people rule that if you don't do Pokemone first you can't do it ever.

The Pokemon pdf is the one that most explains the basic premise, but any jump can be used as a starter if you want.

Callie

You can technically use any Jump as your starting world, the basic premise is the same with the Benefactor offering you a chance at adventure before throwing you into things after accepting. That being said, I'm partial to Nightmare Before Christmas.

Check out the drive, go literally anywhere you want, good luck.

Anons. Would there be any interest in a Dominions Jump? Or Conquest of Elysium by the same developer.

Basically whatever you want, there's no hard and fast rules about it

Best thing is to start with what you love, chances are you'll probably be able to mess with the canon enough to keep up or otherwise enjoy thinking about it a lot.

Ah, creating a village out in the boondocks vs one person in a city. Makes sense. Thank you!

Of course!

Do also check out the fine print, camper!~

Thank you. Glad to hear that.

I think someone was working on Dominions like a year ago and dropped it.

I would have a very large interest in a Conquest of Elysium jump. Never played Dominions though.

SCP Foundation and Generic Creepypasta could work for this, I'm sure.

Posting write faggotry for new friends

>Vital Black: Jumper native to City of Heroes. Intentionally edgy.
pastebin.com/BZfs0ZW3

>Burgli: What if Jumpchan picked up a Murloc?
pastebin.com/gTFx1UKX

>Florida Man: Florida Man
pastebin.com/BXVj4X4Q

>>Discord
>discord.gg/wDQVYng

Really? Were posting that shit now?

Florida Man was awesome. Whatever happened to him?

If you're volunteering, go for it my dude. you could totally do it easy if you put in the effort to translate certain things over.

Could easily have the main part of the jump be the Chassis/Scales customization(which handily also gives you your magic paths in the bargain), which can even just be translated straight from the manual to a CP-based system.

maybe fling in some of the artifacts as gear options and bob's your uncle.

No.

...Gator Rape Tacos?

Burgli's story still is surprisingly poignant.

[Highschool DxD redux, jump #351]

Drawbacks: Unhealthy Obsession (Cooking), Revival of Jumper, Götterdämmerung, Blood in the Water, Noticed (2000)

Dragon, Independent, Drop-In (1700)

Bodacious (Free)
Mana (Free)
Magic System (Free)
Interesting Times (Free)
JUMPAI (Free)
Sacred Hospitality (Free)
Legacy of the Great War: Dream Embodiment (1100)
Idiot Hero (800)
Harem King (500)
True Longinus (0)

So other than the swap in background-it's business as usual. I've been through several wringers at this point, and just want to settle down with the missus in a nice neighbourhood. Occasionally dragon dad stops by, says "zoom zoom lyaaan~" and wanders away again.

Being retired and married and whatnot, I don't actually start a harem. I just took a shine to this down on his luck kid, and gave him pointers on how to get his own.

Unfortunately NOBODY will listen to me not wanting any trouble. I swear, you start out trying to organise neighbourhood watch and you end up going Great Wolf Sif on some smug git and his humanboo backup crew while Asmodeus and Zeus are trying to gank you.

Like other folks said, anything goes but it's still a good idea to take a look since it (and the jumps nearest it) detail some of the core concepts.

Have fun! Get out before you're in too deep!

>Axe Cop
>Florida Man-Cop

I'm guessing he signed onto The Glades right before it ended on a cliffhanger.

Ran out of steam. You can only spin drug addled antics and "Local ____ cries more often than usual" so long. If anyone wants to take the mantle of Florida Man and build off that chain, then be my guest. Also, I'm the author of all three.

Yes. Gator Rape Tacos. It's vegan... The food is made of vegans I mean.

Oh my god I'd love either of those with a great, powerful love! Please user do it! Have an Inspiring thing!

How was it poignant to you? Just curious.

What is artificial cosmic cube from?

I don't even know if I can do either of them. They would be BIG jumps due to the sheer variety of stuff going on. I was just seeing if anyone was interested. Since I remember Dominions being brought up like a year ago and no one seemed to know what it was.

>author of all three

It all makes sense now. I bet Folke and Dullahan had the same author.

Young Justice iirc

>Dragging up drama from old threads.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

So, why is Summoning from Samurai Jack limited to only eight summons? I mean, the character it was based on could summon way more than eight people, so that can't be it.

Nice. By the way,

>Vital Black

Where's his eternal rival Peripheral White anyway?

Yes, and yes.

And while I'm sitting around hoping for more RTS jumps, The Battle for Middle Earth series would be pretty cool! Summoning dragons every day! Watch a Balrog fight the army of the dead! Give Galadriel the One Ring!

Angmar was a total letdown tho. That stupid giant frost werewolf goes down to any of the other big summons, and all their units were either cheap ripoffs from Mordor/Goblins or pansies that get mowed down by cavalry

>The Battle for Middle Earth series would be pretty cool!
I will never not love Goblins in the sequel. Their entire play style is antithetical to my normal play style in Strategy games, but I adore them.

I guess it'll all turn out well eventually, but... him sacrificing his agency in order for his race to flourish just stuck with me really hard.

how big are warhammer dragons?

So other than the Guantlet Reward (4-to-1, Darkest Dungeon) and the EXCITE! + I Am You, You Are Me (2-to-1, Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 4 Ex-Aid) are there any other ways to compile Companions?

Wait Kamen Rider lets you combine companion slots? What the fuck?

It was me bred! /s

>There's not even a bit that says imports are divided between them, you straight up just get twice as much from any imports to both companions
What the fuck went into thinking this was balanced?

Yeah. One of the perk lines in the Neo-Heisei part 4 jump is modeled on how Emu and Parado are kind-a sort-a the same person. Parado is the result of the Bugster infection in Emu imprinting on the host more than is usual, so they're not entirely separate entities.

Lovecraft with the 600 drawback. Have fun with them multiversal entities, user!

So that justifies an option that lets you double the worth of all future imports and circumvents the companion limits with no limits? Screw that.

Hey Heavens/Digger, why did you put this in without at least noting they have to divide imports between them? Combining companion slots is already bad because you're both directly breaking the 8 active companion limit, but you're also screwing with the imports of every other jump

When I write a story seriously, bittersweet is the only flavor I know. Either I end it on that note with an ambiguous immortal life of happiness and joy possibly waiting for him or I would have killed him off. I guess I can't comprehend writing a story and having the lead character live at the end. They're still alive, so there's unfinished business.

If anyone wants a sequel to Burgli, for the love of God, don't make me write for post-vanilla WoW. I'll shoot him back into space or something but I ain't dealing with that lore in a manner anymore involved than I already have dealt with it.

Kill yourself.

>So that justifies an option that lets you double the worth of all future imports and circumvents the companion limits with no limits? Screw that.
It doesn't do that, though. Check the jump again, it doesn't make them not take up a slot. Even if they did, "without limits"? Yeah, no. You're not going to be able to import people into the slot anywhere other than in Ex-Aid itself, so at best you're giving people what amounts to a Stand if you transfer the perk with power-sharing. Also, no, it doesn't double the worth of imports, because they don't get any powers. just non-power perks. So they'll get a boost, but not a doubling of any value of imports.

Just because I like the question so much...

Tell me, /jc/, what are your favorite jumps to kick off a chain, other than Pokemon?

Are you talking about Companions importing other Companions as their Bugster or something else? The standard seems to be that Companions can't purchase Companion options unless specified, so that bit didn't really read that way to me.

>directly breaking the 8 active companion limit
Fuck you, that whole thing is stupid anyway.

So I have a question. Would the Lunar Legend Tsukihime anime jump be different enough from the normal Tsukihime to deserve it's own jump?

It explicitly says that share a slot and FUTURE imports with each other. So yes, they do now get everything on each for the price of one.

Do it.

Do it!

I doubt it. It's a shit show but it's not really different from the varying routes of Tsukihime.

Go for it.

...isn't it just an adaptation of the visual novel? I seriously doubt it's different enough.

Hey guys! So after three years of thought, I finally found out a solution to The Assistant from 9-5 that'll make everyone happ-
Well it's been fun! Until next time!

Anyone going to answer this?

Oh piss off you shitposter.

Eh, I doubt it. It's just an adaptation, not a direct spin-off.

>Well it's been fun! Until next time!
>Thinking you can leave.

Generic Universal Monsters.

It says neither of those things. Are you looking at a different version than the one in the uploads folder?

>Any companions who buy EXCITE share a companion slot and future imports with their Bugster
Directly quoted.

I am forced to question WHY you'd do that, but go for it if you think you can make it different enough.