How would a vampire suck blood...

How would a vampire suck blood? Do they have muscles in hollow teeth or something or do they just bite a hole in someone and just guzzle what blood and flesh comes out?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_blood_curd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochineal
youtu.be/xSXhAbK3Xnk
youtu.be/Fb6TR791664
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Scrape and lick friend, scrape and lick.

It depends. Neck vessels bleed like crazy. The Vampire could also control the flow by choosing a vein vs an artery. Sharp canines puncture the vessel of choice and you don't even really need to suck, they'll pour blood right into your mouth.

Then when you are done (or you've exsanguinated your victim) you go about your day. I think in V:tM they were able to magically "lick" the wound to heal it.

a: The magic that makes them also draws the blood for them, and it's absorbed thusly
b: They see and understand circulatory systems after turning, letting that do the work

If the teeth are hollow, then you don't really need muscles for it; capillary action should do the trick.

>just bite a hole in someone and just guzzle what blood and flesh comes out
Well, yes. It's a curse. It's not supposed to be elegant.

legacy of kain does it best

Concentrated bricks of canned blood sounds like it would taste terrible.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_blood_curd

Depends on setting

i dunno but you can order blood soups that are pretty good

Ever had that "cranberry sauce" in a can that still has the ridges in the side? No resemblance to cranberry sauce at all, but it's fucking delicious, isn't it?

Same kind of shit. I don't know what they do but it's phenomenal.

They put a fuckton of sugar in it is what they do. Not hard, really

You take a knife, open wound, and suck the blood. It's messy, yeah.

>. I think in V:tM they were able to magically "lick" the wound to heal it.

Quite right. A wound made with your own fangs could be healed via licking afterward. Wounds made in other ways, by other vampires, or that aren't promptly licked don't apply.

Yeah but how do they keep it so bright red? That shit ain't natural.

Oh, that's some kind of food dye or another.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochineal

Vampire fangs are serrated, recurved, and have two ridges along the back of the teeth, creating a hollow channel for the blood to flow out.

If you've ever seen the underside of a cat or dog claw then think that, only instead of being made out of keratin, it's made out of calcium.

Vampire finds a vein or artery strong enough, sinks his/her fangs into it, then the blood flows up through the hollow channel and directly into the vampire's mouth.

When done, the vampire can either extract the fangs and allow the flesh to swell up due to being roughed up by the serrated edges of the fangs, thus sealing the wounds up to prevent further blood loss. Or the vampire can simply tear the fangs outs, thus creating two large wounds in the vein or artery due to the fangs being recurved, leading to rapid blood loss and death of the victim.

But if they add a fuckton of sugar then wouldn't the cranberry sauce taste sweet, instead of tart and super acidic?

The whole reason why I love cranberry sauce is because it doesn't taste sweet in the slightest. It tastes like fucking cranberries, man.

I was fucking praying that this would be the first reply, and my prayers have been answered on this day.

youtu.be/xSXhAbK3Xnk

youtu.be/Fb6TR791664

The tart and acidic flavor is what happens when you add a fuckton of sugar to cranberries.

Actual cranberries are so astringent and bitter that Ocean Spray flipped their shit at the prospect of being forced to label their added sugar content, because you need to add so much sugar just to make cranberry juice palatable that if the consumers found out they'd flip their shit.

Hell, without that much sugar and (added) water in cranberry "juice," most people wouldn't be able to drink it without their stomachs going apeshit

Teeth are unnecessary

They pierce a ready vessel with their fangs and drink the blood that comes out.

I'll have to admit, though, that the OP image makes me want to do something with a vampire housewife in 1950s suburbia.

I like pure cranberry juice. It's a shame that it's so fucking expensive compared to the ensugared kind.