MTG Snowflake General

The Discord's taken over edition

>Post about your planeswalker snowflake in the thread.
>Post/plan/collaborate stories.
>Avoid shitposting.
>Discuss Lore

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/gMJAKG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jewdragons a shit

Unrelated to flakes, I have to say...

Bolas is still fucking great.

He is
Can we have a new sheet? Or do we want to set up something cool, like a challenge to make a new flake/plane around randomly rolled aspects/cards?
I have this thing, and it'd be cool if we explored some of the lesser known aspects of the colors.
Like, how often is a blue mage elemental air? Or Green destiny? Or even White Idealism (which is different than 'good')

Posting some flakes

I feel like white has more to do with destiny these days.

Green also has as much elemental air as blue does, doesn't it?

>training him in the darkest of magical arts, from draining life to selling goods
>selling goods is one of the darkest magical arts

Excuse me but what the fuck

The discord (link soon) has been working on a plane, actually. Maybe we could worldbuild it a bit here.

Posting template for newcomers
>I feel like white has more to do with destiny these days.
Maybe so, but it shouldn't.
As for elemental air, blue has flying as a native power for most creatures.

They're overprice, which is EEEVILLL

Yeah but green has stuff like windstorm and Arashi, which are literally just wind.

Green has natural wind, blue has manmade wind

I would say more that Green has destructive wind and blue has neutral or helpful wind.

Post the older/better template.

Cyclonic Rift and Blustersquall says otherwise
Post the lewd version

Your chart is, to some extent, full of shit.

Well, the difference clearly isn't man made vs natural.

So can we agree that elemental wind is a U/G thing rather than just one or the other?

No it's not you tard.
What parts of that chart do you think are wrong? Where does it even contradict that image? (Which is unfortunately a little dated, by the way)

Post the superior one next time

Blue tends to have more winds, and more harrowing or impeding winds, but rarely something that would actually hurt you.

Meanwhile green has the wind that cuts and uproots and destroys.

Well, green wind also generally has beef with fliers.

So it's kind of the wind that enforces a natural order.

Don't have it
Don't have it
> posts something with even less, and no contradictory content

Here you go.

discord.gg/gMJAKG
Link to the circlejerk

Oh my, just look at the time.

That's the good stuff.

>Old and moldy flakesheet
Get with the times, gramps

What did he mean by this?
No seriously I don't get the meme

The Phyrexian Plaguelord is a flake meme that originally was a posting of the art in each thread, with a threadly reminder that all flakes are shit.

It's basically just someone reminding everyone that there's no point in getting up on your high horse about making snowflakes.

It's a reminder that all snowflakes, especially yours, is shit.

Even though all flakes are shit, some are more shit than others, such as Vronak

This isn't new. Every character in MtG is shit, with the exception of Nicol 'big daddy' Bolas, bullier of the Jacewatch, and wrecker of your shit.

>Vronakposting
honestly don't even do it ironically famalam

question for you all on a flake I'm thinking about making.

What "kind" of magic could you consider sand-manipulation ala Duneblast that isn't geomancy? Like how Ajani's power is considered to be Soul Magic, but effectively manifests as healing and buffing most of the time. I'm trying to think of a power that would be wide open in use and scope, but at its most basic form could be used to do desert stuff.

This is also because I really like the new desert cards and am making a dumb casual deck of them.

a person who manipulates sand is a sand witch

Any sort of wind I guess.
Technically you could get away with it just under its own heading, like how sandbending is different from earthbending in Avatar.

Gust magic

I made a desert themed flake who was all about boardwipes in black, green, and white. All sandstorms and flash desiccation.

Rolled 4 (1d5)

MAKE AN ASPECT FLAKE
> Rules:
Roll xd5 (however many colors you want)
Then roll a d13 to see which aspect you get however many times in whatever color you want.
BONUS/HARD MODE: Make a walker that uses that aspect NOT in the color you roll it in (e.g. wind magic is under blue, make a monogreen that uses it)

I'll start

Rolled 10, 12, 6 = 28 (3d13)

Alright, monored. Rolling 3d13 to see the aspects I get.

Rolled 2 (1d5)

Interesting idea, I'll give it a shot.

Rolled 2 (1d5)

I'll try for that bonus extra hard mode, and roll another d5 to figure where I'm getting that aspect from.

6: Inspiration
10: Chaos
12: Humor
So I'm looking at a person who draws inspiration from Chaos, and sees the lighter side of it all. Or, someone who's a natural jester and con artist, who causes chaos in their wak-
Oh god, I just rolled Sheogorath.
> Captcha: 11313 BURY
And I guess their mechanic is burying cards.

Rolled 7 (1d13)

Well shit. Maybe I'll just make it some weird planeshifted blue then.

Hrmm, planeshifted blue creation then. Maybe something with false thoughts, janky blue primal-plasma style stuff?

Rolled 8, 12 = 20 (2d13)

Eh, fuck it I'll give it another two rolls.

Finished selecting the cards. Now I just gotta write up for her...

Rolled 4, 4 = 8 (2d5)

Let's give it a shot.

She's a little generic I feel, but c'mon, Chaos/Inspiration/Humor, you can't be anything BUT a madwoman who chucks around grenades, and plays scrambleverse.

Rolled 2 (1d5)

Rerolling one, for obvious reasons.

Rolled 2, 7, 2, 5 = 16 (4d13)

First two for blue, second two for red.

Technology, creation, impulsivity, the present.

Well, that's impressively boring.

> Literally Izzit
Hey, I guess it works though.

Rolled 1, 1 = 2 (2d5)

Rolled 5 (1d5)

Rerolling one of those I guess.

Rolled 12, 9, 5, 8 = 34 (4d13)

Alright, white and green. Let's see what we get.

>Honor, Restrictions, Spirituality, Growth

I'm kind of at a loss here. Especially with the restrictions and growth part. I want to say gardener, but honor makes that weird. Maybe commonality? Human tribal?

Need some help?
> Honor
Speaks for itself. Although with green, could interpret as honor ancestors (spirituality), nature (growth), whatever.
> Restrictions
Even better. Holding oneself back in ascetic lifestyles to preserve ones honor, or the sanctity of nature, or to allow other things to grow
> Spirituality
Clearly into that ancestor spirit stuff. Maybe Kamigawa dude? We don't have many walkers from there.
> Growth
Probably the easiest. Growth doesn't need to be plant growth, it could be spiritual growth (honor/spirituality/restrictions works in there) or the growth of a people (so he could be a fairly powerful patriarch of a clan), or even just gettin' swole on his own.

>Even better. Holding oneself back in ascetic lifestyles to preserve ones honor, or the sanctity of nature, or to allow other things to grow

I didn't even consider personal restrictions. I just defaulted to stuff like arrest and the law-mage side of white and didn't go further than that.

Thanks user.

I'm envious you got those desu. was fun, but she really is just an ADHD character no better than Chandra, but there's surprisingly more limitation when you're drawing outta just one color.

The best walkers are those that have a bit of outside the box thinking, I feel, and it's a surprise in the rolls we've had so far they've been so... idk, generic.

Weird art for a kithkin.

It's all I had to hand, and hey, it's vaguely hobbit-ish

Not a random roll, but I do have a flake to post

Cute! Cuuuuute!
In all seriousness, nice character. She seems very green (as in new) so there's a lot of potential development there, and you've captured the main flavor of monowhite. Planeswalker's pretty decent too, although the ult in a lifegain would be so overpowered.

Where's Odatham? Is it a custom plane?

Thanks. And yeah, she's a newbie, so there's plenty room for change.

It's a custom plane. Bit of a "generic fantasy" vibe, like Shandalar. It's got plenty of castles, both in use and in ruins, and the plane used to be a water world. Now the only evidence of that is the many underground seas where merfolk dwell.

Thinking of doing any fics with her? There's maybe a few other anons who have flakes on Theros right now. If memory serves, there's a couple. That other knightly dude, Gnath, and the destiny guy Thane

Knew I remembered his name correctly. This based dude, seems like he'd be a good fit with Cecilia

Ooh, old vs new
That seems like it could be fun.

Ask in the discord, see if the author's up for it.

Anyone else finish their flake challenges?

I haven't, but I do have this fish.

I wanna FUCK the fish
Although she's probably as cold as the corpses she raises.

>I wanna FUCK the fish

> Forgetting I have , known orb-smasher and fishfucker
I'll taste that tuna before the day is out

As my only truly wizardly flake, Kymea is actually quite squishy without her protective magics.

lemme smash

Bump. We just started this thread a few hours ago damn it, how can we be on page 8?

People sleep.

I was trying to do my WG flake but Gatherer was down so I went to bed. Should be done in an hour or so.

Fresh face here! I haven't made a flake since the old snowstorm back in 2015.

This reminds me...I need to finish my evil samurai flake...someday..

Aight finished up my challenge walker. Special thanks to for reminding me not to think too directly about the themes. I think I may have missed honor a little, but I'm pretty happy with my big girl.

Live, damn you.

Keep it alive you donks.

I love repentant characters

Hmm, maybe I'll retool Navem's story when I get home, tone down some of the flakiness maybe figure out some misadventure he's been in on the planes.

Feels like the demand for interplaner goods is about to spike...

dice+3d5
fuck it, I'll take a shot.

Rolled 5, 1, 1 = 7 (3d5)

Wait, I'm a fuck up...shit...

> getting thanked
I got all the thanks I needed not only when you made this, but made them a cute goat girl too.
I'm pleased people are still giving the roll aspects a shot too