How has social justice affected your campaigns?

How has social justice affected your campaigns?

Have you ever had to make concessions to appear more politically correct?

Have you ever gamed with an SJW?

You get these sorts now and again, but as a GM, I generally ask them to leave in a session or two. Basically, they're problem players.

What sort of problems did they cause?

Any player that it's extreme with their ideologies it's not welcome in my group.
Also the upcoming wave of anti-/pol/, pro-/pol/ and I'mherefortheride-/pol/ anons will be here soon.

Yes
>plays as transgender dragonborn bard
>since they identify as half elf, they ask for half elf racial bonuses too
>asks for every NPCs skin colour to make sure campaign isn't white washed
>hits on every PoC and accuses group of homophobia when they want to move on with story
>murders every rich person they can find
>first thing she does in first campaign is to ask to visit the hair dye store
>roars "FEEL THE BERN" irl as loud as she can when she uses dragon breath
It was awful

What sort of problems -don't- they cause?

I'll take 'shit that never happened' for 500, alex.

My entire group is trans, so...

>500

No, but I played with someone who was funny with his in-game racism, but then we found out his racist in-game behavior stemmed from his racist real life persona and it got super uncomfortable.

i onced played twilight imperium with a 5 foot tall chubby SJW girl.
i said some MRA stuff to troll her.
she then suicided all her shit against my fleets.
i achieved my secret objective after ruining her.
she has only a few units left, all on my border.
her undefended border on the opposite side gets invaded by the player.
she rage quits.

that was a fun game.

Eww.

MRA?

>I can't handle other people's opinions

Wooh, sure is Reddit in here.

mens rigths activist
people that want to correct the sexism men face in family courts and education, basically.
since SJWs are all female supremacists, they hate MRAs with a burning menstruating passion.

Ah ok. Gotcha. I think I know some of that. I saw the stuff about the 'men on strike' book.

>I can't handle other people's opinions

right back at ya buddy, thanks for the (You)

I game with a former clansman. (He had a daughter a few years ago and realized he needed to stop being quite such a bigoted cunt, but still).

Decent guy. Keeps it to himself. Plays a decent dwarf fighter. Never getting drunk with him again, though.

> That picture

Unrelated, but it is so hard to find a Lizardman mini not wearing rags or a loincloth. 'Lizardman with pants' has become my white whale.

IMO the biggest issue is that 90% of convicted criminals and homocide victims are men.

No, I made concessions to try to get my friend to play. After $100 buying stupid shit I wouldn't otherwise use and completely bastardizing my campaign setting to suit his tastes, he was a no-show.

So I don't do that shit anymore, I run the games I want to run, and if the players don't like it, they can take a walk or run their own game, but on the plus side I did manage to get a little mileage out of that Dundjinni software I bought during the XP years.

Hi /pol/

Are you lost?

Your containment board is here

greenstuff

$100 on what? Splatbooks?

>My entire group is trans, so...

You can be Trans and not a sjw.

Not really closest I've got is the transguy that plays dnd with us. His only real problem is that he's really timid otherwise no issues.

>Have you ever gamed with an SJW?
I don't think they exist in real life t bh. Pretty sure it's just a stupid costume some people put on to troll, on the internet. They've never affected anything in my real life.

My gaming group is actually /pol/ friendly.

Thinking of making Jewish BBEGs at one point.

My boss's wife is a hardcore cunt. Sorry, SJW.

Sat me down at the last Christmas party to "educate" me about consent. Because I like to mess with my friends when they're stoned.

Fucking cunt.

Only ever seen MRA and Randroids try to insert their bullshit into every aspect of a campaign.

Some asshole tried to run a "Megacorps Didn Do Nuffin Wrong" Shadowrun game, but his blatant proselytization made Rand's writing look downright subtle, and nobody came back.

Anyone that tries to bring up polemics into the game that don't fit the theme intended for the campaign is immediatelly told to fuck off.

This. I live in a fairly liberal city and have yet to run into one.

I play a racist ranger for kicks but I'm not sure if my group thinks I'm actually racist.

Everything! They found everything offensive. Killing orcs was offensive, the lack of gay people was offensive, the monarchy was offensive, the vast number of white characters was offensive. Also, implying that rape would happen if a woman was captured alive was offensive, but not as offensive as a noble Princess insisting that "Look, I don't care about the world beyond the kingdom. I have commoners to do things for me."

Everything was construed to be problematic. How can I run a game when a player finds everything offensive? I outright stated "Expect Game of Thrones-level stuff" to cover my ass.

I cannot work with these people.

They do exist, just yesterday I met a guy who is being sued for offending one (which is totally valid in this country, for some reason).

You might be blinded by bias or just lucky.

For what it's worth, I'm Chinese. Most of my PCs are tremendously racist to non-humans. I never spare goblin babies, for instance. Like, I don't truck with noble savages or repentant orcs, I just kill them.

>Shit that never happened but supports the mental strawman that I've built in my head of the opposite political ideology to mine

So... what you're all saying is that Veeky Forums doesn't actually play games, they just write bullshit greentext about the games they wish they played.

>y-yeah guys, this was a real thing that totally happened
My man, if you can't make it believable, at least make it entertaining

Yes.
>Run online campaign for some friends
>'Hey user, can my friend join? She's cool.'
>She knows the system, is willing to tolerate a custom setting and joining an in-progress campaign
>'sure why not'
>"I'm going to be playing a female Dragonborn Barbarian"
>'okay-'
>"But they call themselves male"
>'... okay.'
>red flags
>men and women adventurers equal in this world, no real reason to hide your gender
>roll with it because need more players
>literally any time the character is addressed as ma'am she screeches in character about how 'ACTUALLY, I'M A SIR'
>then screeches OOCly about how 'intolerant this setting is'
>NPC addresses the party as 'ladies and gentlemen'
>interrupts reveal to screech about how 'ACTUALLY I'M A SIR'
>slog through the rest of the campaign
>get to the end
>she's still doing it
>throw a deck of many things out because I know the three problematic players won't be able to resist (eight person party)
>she doesn't understand the dire nature of the item OOCly
>'I DRAW FIVE!'
>first draw
>draws The Void
>soul gets taken possession of by an Archdevil
>spends the rest of the night bitching at me in DMs about how 'if i hate trans characters I shouldd have just said so but its pretty disgusting'

You new here?

>people have political ideologies different from mine and don't appreciate political ideologies being shoved into games

>better deny that problem players like this exist

I have one. I was running Curse of Strahd, and one PC threw a shitfit that Strahd's male vampire bride had been excised from the game.

I booted that player immediately, because she was obviously cheating by reading from the module. I personally think the idea's repulsive, but openly cheating is even worse.

>How has social justice affected your campaigns?
I'd say minimally.
I mean, we've had campaigns where we've fought for the freedom of oppressed peoples, along with dealing with racism among the different fantasy races, but those are pretty normal staples in fantasy games.

I guess one aspect is that fact that we often have badass female PCs and NPCs, but I don't think SJWs have to have a monopoly on strong female characters.

>Have you ever had to make concessions to appear more politically correct?
Not once.
Granted we don't really do anything that any of us feel needs to be "corrected". I'm sure an ultra SJW might find some things to take offense for (for instance I played a flamboyant, womanizing half-elf bard in our last campaign), but our group just doesn't get offended over these things.

Eh, my group is fairly liberal, but I wouldn't say SJW.

If I'm being completely honest, I myself am probably about three steps away from what people would consider "SJW". Except I don't flagellate myself for being a straight white cis male or hate other people for being straight/white/cis/male. It's sort of the opposite of progressive when you hate people or yourself for being born the "wrong" race/sex/orientation/gender/whatever the fuck.

So's a good chunk of /pol/, that means nothing

I made a /pol/ incarnate character one time. LE cleric of the god of tyranny who was convinced there was a (((dwarven conspiracy))) out to get him and refused to heal non-human races.

Most of my group is /pol/-approved though, so they just thought it was funny and didn't give me shit for it.

>homocide

The term "male ally" would be more apt.
Interestingly, while he went full socjus, his characters would typically be racist as fuck. Even in campaigns where monster races were playable or there were aliens, his characters always hated "niggers" which were always humans with dark skin.

No it's true I was there clapping

>better deny that problem players like this exist
I Challenge you to find one plausible story in this entire wall of made-up greentext.

I mean, as long as the group is all on the same page and nobody is trying to "beat the game into submission" it's all cool.

Lizardman in revolutionary era clothing and white powdered wig in my white whale

desu if you need lizardman in pants why not load up Skyrim, make an Argonian and put pants on him?

That's impossible, user, because to you the idea of problematic players don't exist.

isn't plausible, though, I'll give you that.

You're staying true to Gygax and Tolkien. Good on you mate.

That's what it's called when the gay mafia puts a hit on you

I hope this is some consolation, but have this very well-dressed, sharp looking Lizard gentleman.

GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME

I only play with other /pol/fags. There's a lot less drama for everyone that way.

Either otherkin shenanigans or stale copypasta

One of my long time players started "dating" a vegan/sjw type girl. He lost his shit in the middle of a campaign when I was describing that the kingdom had an open slave market. He got excited at the chance to virtue signal and started shrieking that I change it. I refused and got called a rapist. The store owner kicked him out of the store for disturbing the customers.

He had to make some apologies six months later after finding he had been black listed and also his girl was fucking a black dude while using him to buy her shit.

There's a lot more "monsters are just misunderstood/misrepresented minorities and they can coexist with society if given a chance" plotlines in recent campaigns, I've noticed. Not sure if that's a social justice thing or just a side effect of Monster Musume becoming widespread. Probably a mix of both.

kek 'n' rekt

am the poster of dragonborn tend to attract fucktards, either in the form of this type of shit or just generally fucking shitty players who wanna be SKYRIM MAN before actually seeing what the race is.

i've never seen a good dragonborn player.

Y'know, there's people on the internet who draw things in exchange for money; and fairly cheaply too.

On the thread topic, as someone who some might call an SJW, I've not run into any behaviors that I would object to.

But then again, I also understand that this is fantasy, not reality. In the real world I don't make somewhat seriously obliquely promises to torture an immortal being for information, then proceed anyhow when he gives me what I want.

I especially don't go around in the real world and advocate tossing them into a large pour of molten lead and dumping it into the deepest part of the ocean. While still being alive due to the mentioned immortality, you see.

>That's impossible, user, because to you the idea of problematic players don't exist.
I've experienced problem players, no doubt. However, usually it's a lonely NEET or chubby catgirl who spends most of the game on autopilot waiting for opportunities to make the rest of the session about their fucked up fetishes, or that one guy that tries to force the entire party to murderhobo by insta-charging literally everything, or that dick who spends the entire game trying to find ways to backstab the party.

In my experience, even the most autistic of gamers knows not to bring politics to the table, and barring one angry libertarian who got really angry that another player had a backstory where his player became homeless without it being his fault ("Nobody ever becomes homeless without making a conscious decision to do so.") the bullshit that hyperautists insert int my games has not been politics, and I've been DMing for a long time.

Then again, I run mostly in-person games, so maybe that makes a difference.

maybe he understand the difference between play and reality?

>>roars "FEEL THE BERN" irl as loud as she can when she uses dragon breath

This made me chuckle softly at least. Bonus points if your Dragonborn is named Bernie or Bernard

>where his player became homeless
Fuck, should read CHARACTEr, not PLAYER.

Are you me? Or at least in my group?
Does the trans dude play a robot and have a stupid name?

>"Megacorps Didn Do Nuffin Wrong" Shadowrun game

Well, I mean, the world of Shadowrun is actually pretty nice as long as you're a SINner and don't mind the soul crushing of the service industry. More bread and circuses than ever before

I think I'd qualify for that, but I might be butchering the lore by playing them as upright, socially-competent kobold Bedouins.

Players with different degrees of historic or strategic knowledge may point out or suggest changes, or make jokes at the historical inaccuracies. They are bloody mercenaries with not an ounce of goodness in them and only in it for the money and power, though.

Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, user.

I do doubt it happens much IRL- People tend not to want to bring politics into a situation where they might face actual confrontation. But I've had it happen a few times in online games- Which are, given that I live in a rural area with the nearest game store being like 50 miles away- the only type of game I can reasonably play.

I feel the lack of a physical element makes people feel like they can do this shit. In real life, they have to awkwardly shuffle out and maybe even end friendships if they do this. Online, they can just never log back in if they get ousted from a group.

It's also a World of Warcraft thing.

It's to the point where I wish orcs were just bloodthirsty subhuman savages and weren't boring-ass noble savages acting as stand-ins for black people who are just trying to get along by raping and pillaging the privileged races.

>no reason for it

She had to assume a male gender for a cultural reason. In her tribe, all warriors are male gendered, regardless of sex. Female Male Warriors are not looked down upon, though it is hard for them to sire children.

yeah anthros and exotic races are pure cringe material

>dwarven conspiracy.
>not a gnome conspiracy.

There are enough roleplayers in my flgs to maintain several different RP groups in parallel. When irreconcilable differences of politics become apparent, we just shuffle around.

I don't typically end up at the social justify table, and they don't cause trouble outside of their own little circle.

honestly thats how I'd play them.

your probably a good dragonborn roleplayer user i'm just jaded.

I thought this at first, but he did this every fucking game, even when GMing:
>Runs a not!StarWars game
>We land on an agrarian planet
>Only humans there
>All of us are aliens
>Humans are fine with us because "at least y'all ain't niggers"

The greater fucktard theory still very much applies even if Penny Arcade has become awful.

>Reddit stutter
>falling for bait this hard
>my man
My man you have to go back

A guy at my LGS constantly dresses half feminine and very loudly complains about how uncomfortable his thong is during long sitting sessions.

arcanum gnomes, do you have that pic?

>>All of us are aliens
>>Humans are fine with us because "at least y'all ain't niggers"

It's awful but I fucking chuckled

that'd be pretty fucking funny if it was like a one time thing, or a voided joke line.

>the south rose again
>it rose so high it went to space

Same.

Apparently that's what happens when you visit Planet West Virginia.

Isn't that basically starcraft?

>reddit stutter

Not that user but I refuse to let you give reddit the fuccboi stutter. This is like that stupid reddit spacing shit. What the fuck is next? Reddit typeface? Reddit Yotsuba B?

>planet west virginia

But West Virginia was part of the Union...

Or do I have my Virginia's mixed up

Roll Diplomacy to suggest for a fully femenine outfit.
Then roll one more time to get boypussy

I find it no accident that the Dominion rounded up it's criminals, political dissidents, murderers, rapists, televangelists and general scum; shipped them across the galaxy, and they and their descendants all speak with a southern accent and almost immediately start a new confederacy.

west virginia was formed when it held a Secessionist Convention to break away from the Confederate state of virgina and rejoin the union

so you're right

>Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, user.
But when you're a socially functioning adult, who's been interacting with other socially functioning adults for your entire adult life, behavior that you haven't experienced and that even the most basic intuition puts in the "severely aberrant" category, can be assumed to be RARE... not nonexistent, but not common enough for all these bullshit and poorly written greentexts to be true.

When your intuition tells you a story like this is bullshit, it's pretty safe to say "That's not how human beings act... that might be how some people tweet or tumble or tumble or whatever, but if you think these stories are real, you've clearly spent much more time interacting with faceless text than actual human beings."

Which one of them?

Thanks. I know what you mean about most beastman/dragon-x RPers though. I feel self-conscious playing dragon-related stuff just because of how badly everyone else does it.

But my real magical realm is centaurs.

>Reddit arrows
YHTGB

Maybe they have a flagship called The Union Jack?

Tell him to stop wearing underwear if it makes him that uncomfortable

the one that narrates how they became filthy rich and kidnapped the queen/princess of some kingdom.

But wanting equal rights (including parental rights for men) is literally what feminism is.
MRAs for some reason put themselves as opposed to feminism, or think that women are trying to take away their rights or something, when really feminism is about freeing all genders from oppressive gender roles.
It's feminist to be concerned with the higher suicide/depression rate of men, it's feminist to be concerned with how fathers are treated as less important than mothers, it's feminist to be concerned with how male rape survivors are often overlooked or disbelieved, it's feminist to be concerned with how men are pressured to not be feminine and to fit in with stereotypical masculine gender roles.

Feminists only hate MRAs because MRAs think it's a zero-sum battle of the sexes and define themselves in opposition to feminism and women in general. Plus they often try to shut down women speaking about the rights of women by complaining about the difficulties men face but then don't seem to do much actual activism about their supposed causes.
Us men need to find places to talk about the issues that face us due to our gender without hijacking conversations about women's rights and turning it into a competition.
We need to support women and in turn they will support us.
That's why I'm a feminist, because we are all in this together.

but thats what I'm saying, user.

That's how people tweet and tumble or whatever, but its safe to say that type of online behavior is easily carried over into other virtual interactions.

I feel these stories can be easily divided: If it was a real life scenario, it's highly unlikely- Enough to reasonably doubt. If it's an online scenario, it seems much more likely: But I have bias there, because this type of player actually is a type I've encountered with relatively common occurrence in online games.

I doubt all the stories are true, and I'm sure some are hyperbole for entertainment value, but the idea of dismissing all of them out of hand is sort of foolish.