GM refuses to tell you his NPC's alignment

>GM refuses to tell you his NPC's alignment

It's pretty hard to tell someone's alignment unless you cast an alignment detection spell, use a detection ability, or see them murdering a wagonfull of babies though

And what if they were goblin babies, then it evens out to neutral

>alignment

What if they're drow babies?

For the last fucking time jerry, there arent any alignments in everyone is john.

>It's pretty hard to tell someone's alignment
It's pretty easy to keep it OOC, though. Just tell PCs the alignment so they know how to act towards that NPC.

I don't know if that works though, what if OOC a player has an irrational hatred of Lawful Good, for example (which is admittedly inferior to Best Girl, which is Neutral Good)?

Then you raise them as your own

>hey what's this guy's alignment?
You can ask him
>what if he's lying
Roll Insight
>uh okay....15?
Best you can tell he's pretty honest about his intentions

It's called roleplaying. You should try it

>I is detects alignments!!!
>For the sixth time user we're playing gurps, we've playing gurps since twenty sessions ago. There is no alignments.
>N-no D&D? NO EPIC!!! NO EPIC ME KILL ALL!!! DIS NO EPIC!!!! D&D NOW!!!!!
Sucks to have to play with your retarded cousin desu.

Why not raise the goblins? Drow are evil, goblins are evil

>GM won't show you his NPC's character sheet

Because goblins are ugly and drow are pretty

You gotta get with the program user

>GM won't show you his dick

why should they be able to modify their characters behaviour based on access to meta knowledge?

I've given everything I can. There is no alignment left in man.

>GM won't pay the child support

>Show me your alignment
>No, your other alignment

Do you mean even after using some magical means of detecting alignment? Because otherwise there isn't really a reason he should be telling you.

>Just tell PCs the alignment so they know how to act towards that NPC.
Like that person you quoted: it's hard to tell someone's alignment. Why would they know to act like someone's evil when all they've done is been approached by you?

>wanting to metagame openly
>basing the entirety of human mortality on a 9 axis system made for 12 year olds

>So, bartender Peter, what's your view on killing babies?
>Well, user, I think killing babies is an awful thing to do and should always be avoided, unless it's specifically written in the laws. In that case I must obey.

>Roll: 5 + 4 = 9
>He seems very genuine

Things retards say

It's pretty easy to keep anything OOC. Have GM also tell you all NPC stats and equipment and share OOC all the notes of the campaign. If it's OOC it's fine to meta, right?
No. Idiot.

>Player refuses to tell the NPC his alignment

>inherent evil
They aren't Outsiders, user.

...but that defeats the purpose of a hidden alignement...

>expecting to know someone's alignment just by looking at them
>playing a game that uses alignment at all

That's called metagaming, Timmy. It's considered a Bad Thing.

>Player won't show you his character sheet

That's an actual problem though

>GM doesn't give you a laminated copy of his notes

Exactly. Fuck people who kill orc babies in that thought experiment.

If it's an edition where that matters you can just try talking to the NPC in the secret alignment language that you were born knowing how to speak. If they understand you then you know they're on your side of Law/Chaos.

>GM makes conversation with her own made NPC
>It's a secret
Smh

Yeah all D&D games should sound like this.

>"You meet a level 5 NPC Wizard with s lawful evil alignment , he has 15 AC, 80hp and access to these many spells and abilities. He's also obviously the bad guy . You can't kill him yet though but you'll get a chance later.
>Would anyone like to roll insight to find the location of his tower where you can kill him?
>You failed with a 2 against target value 15 but you can keep re-rolling until you pass.

>People are STILL Protoposting

Sometimes you gits are allright

Do you also tell them where your monsters and traps are beforehand so they know how to react to it? That makes no sense.

> not raising women as sex slaves and men as bodyguards in your exotic brothel
> women won't know and men won't want to return to underdark

You misspelled "GM refuses to fuck over anyone who took alignment-detecting spells or abilities by just giving the alignments out for free."

Why should your character's behaviour be based on information they don't have access to? How does that make any sort of in-world sense?

Bait so poor I didn't bothered with looking for a bait pic.

In my Eyes, Alingment is the Ultimate "More what you call Guidelines"-Thing. They can be helpfull, for example, I just use them to make myself as a DM a better picture of my party, but as soon as you try to make rules out of them, things get to much out of hand.

>GM won't go to his son's wedding

I bet you love it when the gm run prewrittens right?
Fuckin tard

IT SHOULD BE EASY TO TELL YOUR PCS HOW MUCH HP THE BOSS HASS
JUST TELL THEM THE EXACT NUMBER!

Fuck off.

Goblin Women Shortstacks for LIFE

>GM wouldn't put on a condom even after his son asked him to