It becomes limited. How does the meta change?

It becomes limited. How does the meta change?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PM9jjgJzLRg
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Every deck runs one. Gratz.

This There's literally no downside to running pot of greed. At most, you've made games a bit more swingy, as one player drawing theirs while the other guy has his stuck at the bottom puts things more in his favor.

Why? It's not even that good. Oh man, one extra card, better be careful or this'll break the meta.

you'll start hearing phrases like "now he got his Pot of Greed before his opponent, that's huge"

There's no reason to not run it.

It is that good. It's literally +1 card advantage for free. There's never a time when it's bad to draw it, since you can just play it can get the card you would have drawn instead, plus an extra one.

There is absolutely no downside to including it.

The problem with Pot of Greed is its lack of downsides. Why not run it? Using it gets you 2 cards. It thins your deck, it gets you cards, you don't even need to set it like with Jar. The question is "Why & when would someone not run this card?"

Being able to search your own deck is heavily META in today's game.

indistinguishable from reducing the minimum deck size by 1

Much worse than that, it's more like sometimes you randomly increase your starting hand size by one.

When there are 1 or less cards in your deck.

Seeing the various reasons given in this thread, I can only conclude that it is banned because the competitive YGO meta is full of tryhard autists.

>how to balance this card
Draw 3, of those, discard 2
Draw 2, pay 1000 LP
Draw 2, sacrifice 6 Stars

first and third have nothing to do with pot of gree, they don't even get card advantage, just some filtering and some strange sinergy in the sacrifice case. The secodn one is probably still busted.

Pot of greed is a stale meme.

Unban mai waifu at once.

>competitive anything
>tryhard autists
Well I mean

Yes?

See Pot of Desires

I think you might be retarded.

GRACEFUL DICE HAS A DICE ON IT
GRACEFUL CHARITY DOES NOT HAVE A DICE

1000 LP is nothing.
In modern YuGiOh if you're in a position where you're taking battle damage you're already finished.

I honestly think it's hilarious that they keep reprinting this card even though it's going to be banned forever.

I honestly think this could stand to be limited.
If fucking Raigeki is limited why can't this be?

I think you'll hear phrases like 'I activate my spell card Pot of Greed, it allows me to draw two cards from my deck.'
Though I guess it isn't funny anymore.

Why did they decide to make Raigeki limited?

Because every fucking card in this game is so fucking overpowered that a card that wipes your opponent clean isn't enough to raise an eye.
Shit don't most XYZ cards have effects that basically say "Yeah you can eliminate a card at the cost of the things you used to make this."
Fuck what Konami did to this game.

In a game where there are no limits on how many cards you can cast every turn, cards in your hand is the only resource. Drawing twice in a single turn is very good.

Think again faggot.

Because just wiping their board won't do anything to most decks, even tier 3 jank can laugh a raigeki or two off.

>*pay LP in increments of 1000 (max 2000), draw 1 card from your deck for every 1000 LP paid.

This game should just do away with LP all together and move to a "3 strikes and you're out" system

If you don't understand why a card that's pure benefit in every possible situation and has only upsides and literally no downsides to running it is going to automatically end up in every single deck, you're quite the special needs child.

The Magic equivalent would be a Divination that costs zero, and that's a card that would be emergency banned the instant people realize it was printed.

No. This has the same exact problem as pot of greed, you always run it and there's no situation where it's a bad draw because it replaces itself with the best of your top 3 cards. It's slightly less broken than Pot but only slightly.

You could argue that it's more broken because of all the shit that wants to be in the Graveyard or that triggers in the Graveyard.

this becomes deck standard again, along with other cards that can recycle

it is more broken. anyone who played when Chaos was the standard remembers that the graveyard is just a second hand.

Way too slow outside of Prediction Princess.

Too many decks use the graveyard just as often as the hand. Losing 2 cards is often a plus

What is Raigeki.
What is Mystical Space Typhoon.
What is Dark Hole.
What is a metric fuckton other cards that have no downsides and do a lot of damage for free and nearly always break the game and are instawin for the player that draws them first.

Let the damn players draw 2 miserable cards, it's not that big of a deal.

If there's one card in your deck congrats, you somehow drew 39 cards of a YGO deck without winning. Your deck is so shit not even Pot of Greed can save it.

Exactly, so unban.

>Draw 3, of those, discard 2
Graceful Charity is also banned.

>Draw 2, pay 1000 LP
Upstart Goblin is close. It's limited to one because it's that powerful.

>Draw 2, sacrifice 6 Stars
Might be balanced

>Draw 2, sacrifice 6 Stars
What? Like tribute a Level 6 monster? We already have Sacred Sword of Seven Stars.

What if every card became unlimited?

And that's already balanced. With six stars and no restriction it starts to get a bit questionable, but might still be okay.

YuGiOh becomes slightly more playable

F/OTK decks ft. hand traps.

Meant for

I would play a deck composed entirely of Pot of Greed.

>What is Raigeki.
Something that doesn't draw cards.

>What is Mystical Space Typhoon.

>What is Dark Hole.

Look, kid, if you don't get, even after this thread has patiently explained it to you step by step multiple times why Pot of Greed is a WAY bigger problem than any of those, there's no helping you. You don't understand games.

Pot of Greed is a card that, if it's allowed to be used at all, goes automatically into every deck, maximum possible number of copies of it, or the deck is built wrong. It doesn't matter what the deck does, it MUST play maximum possible number of Pots of Greed or it's wrong. And no deckbuilding game that's even slightly concerned with balance will allow a "mandatory" card to exist.

Then I'd start running 3 BTH's again.

I'm sorry, did you want to summon something?

The problem becomes, what happens if 75% of the cards in your deck are pot of greed. What the fuck do you think would happen?
>oh I drew 3 pots of greed
>oh another pot of greed
>oh I have my entire fucking deck in my hand now and I win in one turn because I have that as a setup

All because you just had a billion of one single card

>25 Pots of Greed
>Exodia

>ot of Greed is a card that, if it's allowed to be used at all, goes automatically into every dec
You mean like Raigeki?

The card that potentially can destroy up to 5 opponent's cards? Which is basically like rendering useless the opponent's last several turns and draws?

How is that even comparable to just drawing two cards?

I'm sorry but you are a moron. There are things WAY worse than drawing cards in this game, and they are not limited at all.

Basically.
implying god cards aren't banned.
>55 pots of greed
>2 copies of exodia

everyone will hate you with a burning passion for the rest of your life

>How is that even comparable to just drawing two cards?

It isn't. Drawing two cards is better. Drawing two cards will get you your own Raigeki, plus something else on top of that.

You seriously don't understand how insanely powerful drawing cards is in Yugioh.

>Which is basically like rendering useless the opponent's last several turns and draws?

Except as people have pointed out, the current state of Yu-gi-oh allows most decks to fill the entire field with 5 super-powerful XYZ/Synchro/Special summoned monsters in a single turn, and lose very little advantage in the process since a lot of it gets summoned from their extra deck or their main deck directly.

There are situations where drawing a Raigeki won't help you. But there's no situation where drawing a pot of greed won't be beneficial unless you're literally out of cards to draw.

Resource management.

It's like asking why Druids being able to hit 10 Mana in Hearthstone on Turn 4 was overpowered. Still see Ramp Druids in Wild every so often.

Damn. If you got monster advantage on the field and they don't have any special effects, they're flat out fucked

Except a lot of decks don't main Raigeki.

youtube.com/watch?v=PM9jjgJzLRg

BEGONE SAMURAI LADY

YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND JINZO

I wish this was reddit so I could down vote you.

Why would a Lightsworn deck run Pot of Greed? The goal is to mill not to draw

You still want to draw cards. Lightsworn even have their own draw card, Solar Recharge.

It was probably said already, but every deck becomes 39 cards much like how many but not necessarily all decks had become 37 cards + 3 upstart when this was at 3.

Also Superheavy Samurai dies even harder because they can't run it.

Either Ronintoadin Mass Driver or Magical Explosion FTK take over the meta. D R A G O N S and Spellbooks make waves again but Link format rules ruins their fun. My nigga Stratos is free.

Sadly Yata Lock is never coming back.

>Not running Spell Striker to banish your Spells

This was the problem with it. It doesn't add anything to the game and everybody who was serious with the game had it in their deck. It hurt diversity in deck lists. Upstart kind of does the same thing but is less overbearing, considering it's just a filler card instead of an actual +1 on top of giving your opponent 1000 life to make an OTK harder.
FTK decks are fucking gay. Coming from someone who played them. They're good in theory to play if you can get them somewhat consistent, but they're boring as shit to play with and against, since it's normally one player just jerking themselves off on the table until they win. Didn't play when Dragons and Spellbooks were relevant.

>Draw one card that mills your deck for X
>Draw two cards that mill your deck for X + X

Hmm

>baaawww the jar of jew is OP as fuck
pfff haha

What does it do again?

>spending two cards to stop a card makes it not OP
Oh you.

Then go back, faggot

You just run as many as possible
it's like upstart goblin's deal but with zero downsides

Even then, there are still times you wouldn't upstart, even if they're rare as fuck.

Never in the history of ever has somebody gone "I drew pot of greed, better save it for later". No, you fucking activate that shit ASAP because you're not retarded and like having cards in your hand.

>Play Dark World

Laughed more than I should of

Yea, it, alongside other cards like it that are on the banlist, are where they are because there's no downside. Either it goes off, and you get 2 cards, or it doesn't due to counters and it eats one of those and goes 1 for 1. The only time when it doesn't net you a gain is when you play it while imperial order or whatever's active and you're an actual retard, or they're playing the pot of greed counters that target it specifically. You should laugh at them for playing horrible cards then.

Holding pot is even worse because if they do card destruction or something it's gone. You basically have to be trying not to create card advantage with pot.

>should of
It's should've. Short for "should have."

never should of come here

should of, would of, could of

This a trick question?

This game's rules is based off of an anime, it started broken.

Why the fuck is Link Summoning so awful, bros? It's such a jumbled mess of ideas that made extra Deck summoning worse just to make it playable. Changing the Pendulum Zones I get and it's totally fair, but Link Summoning just adds entirely an almost useless dimension to the game just to force it as an archetype.

>Inb4 to sell packs
I know that, but they can sell packs without making most summoning styles worse.

Do you faggots even play the game anymore?
Because this thread smells like goat shit

I'm not the reddit faggot, I'm just tired of seeing this failure of education spreading, and am doing my part to educate the masses. It's a surprisingly common mistake amongst people on the internet. To be fair some of them were ESL.

>that made extra deck summoning worse
Unless you're playing igknights (>implying they were good to begin with), the link rules did nothing.
There are engines that might pump out decent link monsters to keep doing the same shit
There are decks that are super consistent that they don't give a second shit about link rules
There are decks that don't even use the extra deck outside of maybe toolboxing
The new shit we're getting is some ass though, its the second set and links haven't been broken
And Link monsters even helped old decks for crying out loud, ABC's got shafted out and now that they don't need stank bitch Tsukiyomi set 4 pass strategies, they just pump out proxy dragon and then go up into decode talker and ABC Dragon Buster gets summoned for a lot

If a deck became shit by link rules, here's a newsflash, it was already shit before the new rules

>I correct people's grammar on Veeky Forums
>When I understood clearly what they meant
Language is shared meaning, you autistic fuck. If his meaning was clear, there is no reason why it should need to be written "properly". It's some of the most basic shit you learn in language classes.

>engines that pump out link monsters to keep doing their game plan.
That, by definition, makes the summoning worse. There is another hoop you need to jump through to do what your deck is supposed to do.
>decks that don't use the extra deck
Yeah, Monarchs for the most part,which haven't been meta for a while

It's not like I'm personally offended at their mistake. It'll be his responsibility when he looks like a retard using "of" wrong in a more important setting. I didn't even insult the guy for his mistake.

No one will care. No one except petty little shits correct someone's grammar as long as the meaning is clear.
If the education system failed someone, it's you.

Who's the strongest tripfag from /dng/ and why is it CuteGirl?

>There is another hoop you need to jump through to do what your deck is supposed to do
Which isn't even a problem when on the very first day links got announced and one of the revealed link mosnters was Missus Radiant, which required two EARTH monsters, a gook showed a video of zoodiacs doing the same combos they used to do, showing that the rumor of "the new rules will kill decks like zoodiacs" was a load of bullshit because if zoos could do the same shit they used to do, it doesn't matter if its another hoop when you have enough consistency to do the same shit with an extra step.
>Monarchs for the most part
Nigga please, monarchs aren't the only deck that doesn't rely on the ED.

>Yeah, Monarchs for the most part
When's the last time you played the damn game?

The last thing i have to say, pic related is as diverse the game has been since the DUEA era, specially when the past formats were 96% Zoodiac and this is under link rules, and to rub more salt in the wound, there are two pendulum based decks under Master Rule 4 which "killed pendulums". If Links killed the game then wtf is pic related?

It doesn't. It just makes the good decks better.

It is a generic card, how could it change meta? It would make some decks more viable because they can dig further and faster, but that is it. It would also make current viable decks more viable so I don't see a problem. Would love to see Pot and Upstart back up :^). 3 Upstarts and 1 Goblin is da best!

Games would literally come down to who draws the pot first. Pot of Greed is a fucking absurd card and there would literally never be any reason to not run it.

Behold, the strongest deck!