Fucking hell
>Human race fuckyeah
>Glorious abundance of exotic races
>Unnecessary side quests that contribute to the main ones
>Silly technology
>Minor spess fight
>Genocide
This movie was Veeky Forums as fuck.

user, what are other Veeky Forums as fuck movies? Im buzzing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Feh8Eqh4nWU
youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0V24IEHao
youtu.be/ucu_N2uq8XA
youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQs
youtube.com/watch?v=VdafjyFK3ko
youtu.be/A85EtOalcsM
youtu.be/9KsG_RbEuxc
youtube.com/watch?v=1uCciEhtzGU
youtube.com/watch?v=AYHGDEl-zIc
youtube.com/watch?v=yIc0NqjOPgc
youtube.com/watch?v=5meI4lmz-74
youtube.com/watch?v=Jth4yATniS4
youtube.com/watch?v=ndpV6qfQJVw&t
youtube.com/watch?v=RdanCNK4ayo
youtube.com/watch?v=fIhKqaNp4Dc&t
youtube.com/watch?v=eXxAv50afVA
youtube.com/watch?v=aJndd5Eyz18
youtube.com/watch?v=SgCxCZNkQ9E
youtube.com/watch?v=W7Rq-PEW5qM
youtube.com/watch?v=IBAUacDVwJo
youtube.com/watch?v=8FIDeOOL52Q
youtube.com/watch?v=mS3mbKvSVDI
youtube.com/watch?v=hNwORVbNN-s
kissasian.com/Drama/Tokyo-Gore-Police/Movie?id=10474&s=openload
youtube.com/watch?v=OVlnER8SxfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6r1_ZoQmqxM
youtube.com/watch?v=CF20B8p4F08
youtube.com/watch?v=O0p9W47frhI
youtube.com/watch?v=kb5kUPGIGzI
youtube.com/watch?v=rmC3ZhIHHi4
youtube.com/watch?v=k5WQZzDRVtw
youtube.com/watch?v=OROLRvKamdE
youtube.com/watch?v=2HkjrJ6IK5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I agree this movie was very Veeky Forums, the acting was very reminiscent of an autistic 14 year old's first attempt at roleplaying.

It was! But everything else was a fun ride.

Main characters are federal agents with near perfect records and dozens of awards.

>They open fire on fleeing targets while not caring about the hundreds of rounds smashing into civilian homes
> blindly charges through dozens of walls leading to millions in damages and possibly killing civilians
> to their face disrespect of superiors (minister npc) with zero repercussions
> Interrogation of innocent civilians asking for a small payment in exchange is resolved by death threats and unprovoked violence (murderhobo)
>horrible dialogue and contradictory char acter behavior

Valerian was a bad roll20 campaign for sure.

>GM: I'll allow it.
SPACE COPS.

> Use rocket boots once and then forget to use them in every situation including while falling (gm, can we redo that encounter? I forgot I had boots)

> Can one shot enemies with min-maxed crafted pistols that dozens of high level npc's can't even damage

> cringe inducing ERP between two players that everyone else ignores and never mentions

>stone age aliens survive a planets explosion on a wrecked ship then proceed to not only survive, but learn advanced physics, mathematics, biology, engineering, alien agriculture, languages, computer skills, philosophy, etc on their own in the span of 5 years.
(Shitty dm with shitty homebrew race)

Am I the only one who actually didn't hate the acting?

I mean, it's no Oscar material, but I don't think it's the weakest link like every reviewer is going after.

The female lead is vastly superior though.

Shhhh, Redditors have read that the acting is bad so they must hate the movie to not pleb, don't upset them.

They can't be blamed too much. Going by every other facet of the movie I have to think the worst shots were chosen in editing as well.

That said the male lead had two emotional scenes that were terrible.
> bubbles death for worst death scene in recent cinema

The female lead was not any better though. But maybe that was just her having lines that equaled "sarcastic, biting condescension" that I guess was meant to be funny. And "vomit my little pony power of love" that actually made me look away from the screen in embarrassment.

I guess the female lead WAS better because she managed to get through that 12yr old's love speech near the end and not kill herself.

>Being so big pleibean
Star Wars stole everything from Valerian, you american swines.

The female lead was better because she's the only one who actually feels sincere. Valerian, I could never tell if he was quipping or bullshitting.

When the movie started about him loving her, I couldn't tell if it was sincere or just fucking around with her.

To be honest in the comics they saved the galaxy several times before that even if they are reckless.

>That hoe on the right
I will never understand how she became such a popular model and now even actress. Her face is memorable, sure, but it's memorable for all the wrong reasons.

What movie?
(i think captcha is trying to tell me something)

The graphics and designs were great but the
>Cringy romance "subplot"
>Death of best character 20 minutes after introduction
Make this an average movie, only good for space opera fluff inspiration

>other Veeky Forums as fuck movies?
If I'm to be honest, Big Trouble in Little China represents my table.

>Many moments of silliness
>dude has several "1"s
>He also has THE "20"
>Beholders
>HAM
>Potion binge before final fight
>BBEG is an amalgam of wizard, ghost, lich and vaguely ethnical
>The biggest mistery is why the PCs hang out together
>The one that tries to act and/or bluff is ther one that shouldn't
>Dungeon/sewer with weird stuff
>Overpowered NPC to avoid dead ends
>WTF is that guy doing? Run!

>stole everything
It stole from everywhere, all the best things do.

And no-one's saying the comics were bad.
Just like no-one's saying Luc Besson can't make good films.

But this interpretation isn't one of them.

So what is the movie even about then? Only saw the various trailers when seeing other movies and it just killed what interest I had in it. Visuals for the alien stuff looked fantastic though

to be honest, Valerian seems to be in his 30's in the comic, which gives more time to save the galaxy

You forgot the

>Introduce cool NPC for just one encounter because DM/players forgot about them

>Introduce npc on the fly to save the situation, because players
>don't know what to do with them afterward
>kill them

>Introduce cool NPC for just one encounter because DM/players forgot about them
Which one are you talking about?

>Galactic underage super-cops discover that war is bad, saving people is good

Or

>Galactic underage super-cops try to understand a conspiracy, forget it for 2/3 of the movie and then resolve everything in a cringy way

>Underage
That's one of the main problem about that movie
In the comic, Valerian is in his thirties, Laureline is a bit younger
And their actors are nearly 20 years old

Thinking about the guy in his submarine (who was, in my opinion, one of the only actor that seemed to give something), who was basically just a tool for the sidequest, and then never used again

yup, especially since in the beginning, Valerian is sold to us as an excellent agent who already made a ton of shits...

Also not the Valerian of the comic, who is basically lazy and prone to enjoy sweet life (and who's not always trying to fuck Laureline)

But there are others:
youtube.com/watch?v=Feh8Eqh4nWU

youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0V24IEHao

youtu.be/ucu_N2uq8XA

youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQs

youtube.com/watch?v=VdafjyFK3ko

youtu.be/A85EtOalcsM

youtu.be/9KsG_RbEuxc

Ever since the Golden Age, people wondered: "what happens when bards have acess to mechas?" This is the answer.
youtube.com/watch?v=1uCciEhtzGU
youtube.com/watch?v=AYHGDEl-zIc

God, you're actually completely right...

You also forgot

>npc with over-the-top chara design because "muh, they're strong"

It's not a movie, but I always thought the tv show Dark Matter feels like a Traveller campaign.

> seven PCs wake up on a ship with no memory (the GM made the character sheets and assigned them randomly, only revealing what they can do as they go along)
> have various adventures in universe full of mega-corporations and feudal societies
> constantly piss off almost every faction they meet
> all them have some sort of secret that generally makes them *special snowflake* (*spoilers* synthetic human, undercover cop, secretly exiled prince (who is asian and likes swords), tough guy with soft spot for sick girlfriend, guy who got plastic surgery to change his face so he could hunt down his wife's killer, orphan child prodigy who stole the greatest invention ever made, android gaining sentience)
> encounter and use all sorts of ridiculous and bullshit technology and pseudoscience
> characters constantly leaving and joining crew -> players not always able to make it for several games, friends/relatives joining for a couple of games
> evil doppelgangers

A lot of heist movies are basically Fiasco e.g. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

In defense of the first, he broke his suit in the crash

The villain was completely justified, especially after he dished out valud reasons. But, i mean, he did still commit a war crime, so, i didnt mind the rant about compassion.

Bubbles tho.

Still not understand why he simply did not send a bunch of uber-terminator mercenaries to kill all the natives at the beginning without trying to hide all that stuff...

Also don't understand why complete military group disappeared around the anomaly... If they weren't killer robots, where are they ? The natives don't seem to kill people, and if they were sent along uber-terminator which kill them, why the terminators didn't kill the natives too...

Whe does she feel sincere?! Remember the time thy got everyone on the bus killed to save themselves then she immediately complains about her dress being torn? Really made her character feel real to me!

What about laureline getting dragged up by the fishing line? Why does she not buzz lightyear up/down.

Or maybe get her gun out and shoot the line, or the Fisher like valerian does.

I have not read the comics but even I can tell they wasted fucking galaxies of potential with this movie.

Bad screenwriting. The writers forgot about those units.

Because up til the end the aliens had those super goo guns and shit and we're able to fight there way into the core of the military district with ease....then all their weapons just happenes to be in the shop for repairs during the final battle so they had wooden spears.

>This movie was great!
>What movie, you ask? Well, *this* one!
>I won't say its name though, tee hee

Holy shit, I forgot about that scene.

Dude, these characters were straight sociopaths. They have ZERO facial expression as get look back at the bus and watch the last guy get dragged back in as he screms and reaches for them.

How fucking bad are you as cops when JUDGE DREDD shows more emotion towards allies/bystanders than you?

It's the new Valerian film. Good eye candy and it has a cool setting but the rest of the film is a dumpster fire.

What makes it worse is at the end hey risk it all for the power of love! After showing zero regard for life the rest of the movie. If they are going to make the characters sociopaths go nuts it could be fun, if you are going to make them the good guys who want to help people that's fine to! But instead they swap between the two sides of the scale scene by scene.
Also wtf this captcha

google image search you fucking tech iliterate

Female lead only has a career due to nepotism.

It really did remind me of the worst of the worst bad campaigns I have ever done.

Murderous, mood-swinging, try-hard murderhobos MC? Check. Plot going in every direction without resolving anything? Check. New characters introduced randomly and forgotten the next minute? Check. Incoherent technology? Check. Silly races? Check.

Hell, even the two main actors look like 16 years old trying way too hard to be badasses. It is really Veeky Forums as fuck.

Sounds like federal agents to me.

The pistol thing pussed me off so much. The top of the line troopers the mega city can spare are armed with 20th century tech rifles that can't scratch the enemy but these two can just murder them with pistols. Also you remember the bys of soldiers and one had literally an AR. They didn't even sci-fi it up. Also the troops sent into the radiation zone didn't even bring protective gear, straight up open faced helms.

>[adventure fiction] is Veeky Forums as fuck
YOU DON'T SAY?

The technology the soldiers had on the Desert-Mall planet seemed much more advanced than what the soldiers on the space station had

What a dumb fag

I wouldn't say it's "tg as fuck" but I always thought of Alien 4 as a brutal Traveller one-shot.

>Great Martian War
I just read the two first chapters of Black Science yesterday after randomly finding the book in a second hand bookshop.
I think fate is trying to tell me I have to run a WW1 alien invasion campaign.

Too bad it fucking bit dick. Its a confused mess of a film thats about 60% filler.

>>Human race fuckyeah
HFY is not Veeky Forums and only belongs on Reddit.

Thats because of its hip french dialog where everybody is a horny misanthrope.

Someone post that The Mummy cap.

This was written for what he imagined to be an US audience, I'm sure.

It's very clear who has read the graphic novel and who has not by the comments made here.

The comics are better
A decent chunk of Return of the Jedi was stolen from them

>No Daemonium
You have failed.

God Valerian was bad.
>Be hotshot agent guy
>Firmly establish that you are the rogue guy who doesn't play by the rules
>Affirm this several times
>Disobey basically every order FOR THE MISSION
>Go rogue at least twice
>Even say that orders are for the blind
>SUDDENLY
>Deciding the fate of an entire alien species
>Right now, your decision matters
>The most important decision of the entire movie
>"I'm a soldier Lorelei, I live by the book"
What the fuck. That scene was just so retarded. Why did he suddenly change HIS ENTIRE CHARACTER that the movie spent over an hour and a half establishing for the sake of drama?

Like shit, it felt like his actor was trying to emmulate a Renegade Commander Sheperd rather than his own character.

Also, the fucking General was the best part of the movie, he felt very realistic, and I actually cared when he and his Asian senechel uncovered the Commander's schemes.

Less retarded agents, more cool space captains.

This all sounds like he was trying to make an American-style action movie using nothing but French memes about said movies.

>bards have access to mechas
Awesome. Thanks for the links. OATS director has awesome concepts but they fail at full length movie realizations. Just as most Veeky Forums projects.

Verhoeven's Flesh + Blood is Veeky Forums as fuck

>German LARP groups reminding everybody that reenacting Flesh + Blood with random women you happen to walk into during events is in fact explicitly forbidden&frowned upon from now on.

There a certain "WTF am I watching" moment when some hippie rocker with a guitar is flying after a giant space elf in his mecha screaming "Listen to my song, bitch!"

Firebase has so much potential and they just shit it away like everything they do.

Can you provide more? These are great.

>user, what are other Veeky Forums as fuck movies? Im buzzing.
Fifth Element from the same director.

Which is the only reason I've been considering seeing this movie.
Now, not so sure.

From the comics, asshole. The movie was terrible. Also star wars is pretty bad too.

Its bad in ways I cant even describe. I can see the influences, but the whole movie is horrible mishandled. The biggest problem is that its got that french sensibility where every character casually wants to marry/fuck eachother, but the MCs look like children which makes it seem like its trying to be edgy.

Its fun user, it is, just the MCs are sociopathic space cops

Which movie is this?

Based on the Valerian and Laureline comics. Good shit, read them since I was a kid. There was an animation, which was apparently shit and this thread doesn't make the movie any better, which doesn't make me happy. Was gonna go see it this weekend. Might go see Dark Tower instead.

Naw user, go watch it, at the very least it's a visual orgasm from start to finish in a good setting

Because Laurelinne, after rescuing Valerian once, becomes this completely useless female character who basically only serves to be rescued, in the best 1950s style. It's like they put that early rescue on to make her a 'strong female character', and then forget to adapt the rest of the movie to fit.

She's completely incompetent to be a federal agent.

I think the biggest problem with the film is the constant disregard to the rule of 3.

There's so little set up or reminders for what does what or why the limitation exists.

Only thing they kept consistent and did nice job reminding was the interdimensional mall and how the phasing worked and the triplet jew aliens.

For example, I understand why Valerian couldn't juggernaut his way through the second half because his suit light was off, but at least some reinforcement shots of the suit not working properly would've been good.

There is just a lot of things we don't see that makes scenes lamer and way more confusing than it has any right to be.

What I find silly is that he can bust through walls in the suit yet a ship crash that he survived fine without breaking his exposed neck and head destroyed ir.

Duly moted user.

The mockumentary provides all the basis for the campaign. Can't tell more because spoilers.

Will check it out.

And it doesn't get any less weird in context.

You're welcome. About OATS, see below.

I thought it was a proof of concept to appeal for funding.

youtube.com/watch?v=yIc0NqjOPgc

youtube.com/watch?v=5meI4lmz-74

youtube.com/watch?v=Jth4yATniS4

youtube.com/watch?v=ndpV6qfQJVw&t

youtube.com/watch?v=RdanCNK4ayo

youtube.com/watch?v=fIhKqaNp4Dc&t

youtube.com/watch?v=eXxAv50afVA

youtube.com/watch?v=aJndd5Eyz18

youtube.com/watch?v=SgCxCZNkQ9E

youtube.com/watch?v=W7Rq-PEW5qM

youtube.com/watch?v=IBAUacDVwJo

youtube.com/watch?v=8FIDeOOL52Q

youtube.com/watch?v=mS3mbKvSVDI

youtube.com/watch?v=hNwORVbNN-s

kissasian.com/Drama/Tokyo-Gore-Police/Movie?id=10474&s=openload

youtube.com/watch?v=OVlnER8SxfQ

youtube.com/watch?v=6r1_ZoQmqxM

youtube.com/watch?v=CF20B8p4F08

youtube.com/watch?v=O0p9W47frhI

youtube.com/watch?v=kb5kUPGIGzI

youtube.com/watch?v=rmC3ZhIHHi4

youtube.com/watch?v=k5WQZzDRVtw

youtube.com/watch?v=OROLRvKamdE

youtube.com/watch?v=2HkjrJ6IK5E

>And it doesn't get any less weird in context.

It's a Mongolian basket weave. They never get any less weirder in context.

Well, the suit obviously had a juggernaut mode thst needs activation since he had to wait until the helmet came on.
But again, lack of reinforcements. The rules of the movie rarely repeats so it's hard to connect.

Also did anyone get Nostalgia Critic vibe from the mall tour guide?

>Oldboy

I have a GM who would run a game like that. Yes I've watched it so I know the ending. Yes he would do that.

Not that I don't believe you, but sauce?

I was only ever interested in this movie because Ben Mauro was involved in the art direction. Is it worth seeing?

When she's trying to find Valerian. The whole, he's fine and needs to stop being a baby facade disappears when he gets to the dead zone

Worth seeing? Eh, it was pretty. I would say yes.
Worth paying money for? God no. This is a "Straight to Netflix" movie that had a budget and director big enough to make it in the theaters.

Juggernaut mode scene was pretty nice but they just shit on the "map" they set up during the introduction of the base
Like they said zone X is on top, zone Y on the left and zone Z on the bottom and then Valerian just go through all of them just by passing ONE wall each time

I liked it, but I like original mediocrity over run of the mill good action.

Basically if you aren't the type to spurg on phantom menace or Rogue One then it's fine. If those two are on your worst movies of all time list, skip it.

It's incredibly pretty.

It has one of the worst story in recent history, incredibly bad actors, and almost comically bad dialogues.

Watch it, but don't pay for it.

Also the whole 18 vs 81 was problematic because we never see the screen do crazy flips like Tony Stark's hologram projections.

You forgot
>complete disregard of source material
>scenario based on retarded headcanon and whatever the GM found cool or arousing
Which is also Veeky Forums as fuck.

If the movie had stayed on the same level of consistency as the interdimensional mall part, it could have been a pretty good movie

The one benefit of my autism is immunity to bad acting, so now I've decided to go see this movie.

Explain.

You forgot
>literally punches superior officer in the face and knocks him out to ignore orders
>turns around
>>"I'm a soldier Lorelei, I live by the book"

Knock yourself out, mate. If you're one of those people that see a girl frowning, avoiding your gaze, and saying "I'm pretty happy" and you leave the scene with the impression that yes she was pretty happy, she even told you herself, you'll like this movie.

Dane Dehaan is 31, Cara Delevigne is 24.

That guy is seriously 31? He looks barely 20

What really should've been said was "I can't make a decision this big" or have the role reversal.

That just shows how good the AR is.

I kept on chuckling at the reviews that kept on calling him a kid.