/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/the-dog-days-of-august-sorta-monday-meeting-notes/

>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

>Question
Is DaveB the 12th Exarch?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonyxpath.com/dhampir-vampire-the-requiem/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dark Eras Kickstarter will end soon :(

Nah, he's an Exarch of Prime, his word is irrefutable Gospel, and his frequent lack of commentary only exists to further propel his followers into feats of desperate prayer, bringing lavish offerings of Komodos to appease his grand desires.

In many ways, he is akin to The Father.
For Faith is the Unbreakable Chain.

As for his Crown Attainment?
The Crown of Komodos granting your dots in Prime to your Gnosis when treated as a resistance attribute. For Mage Supremacy is Truth, and dirty filthy lesser splats should learn their place.

>Satyr Phil Brucato beckons you once more into the Annex of Mage:

In the Monday Meeting notes. CRINGE

Thank god he doesn't do Awakening.

Hey DaveB (and magefags in general), What would be the relationship between the Cult of the Doomsday Clock and the Prince of 100,000 Leaves be like?

First wants to destroy time.
Second is an alternate timeline that wants to take the place of the normal one.

Kinda cross-purposes, though the latter might take advantage of the destructions caused by the former to slip a little more of itself into the holes they leave.

Since both are technically abyss monsters wanting to do nasty shit to the fallen realm i seem them as being enemies.

In Mage's Oneiros, are there Goetia representing your Gnosis and Arcana? From what I understand from reading Astral Realms and 2E core, it's probably the Mage's Daimon, but I'm not sure.

What about Wisdom? Is it represented by Mage's Daimon, is it its own Goetia, or something else altogether? And how pissed would Sophia be at your average Mage, considering general Wisdom failure among the Awakened?

Has anyone here adapted Kain for VtM/VtR?

Or as much as you can do that without making the character too OP.

Kain is weaker than the average Vampire elder user...

There would certainly be Goetia about how the Mage feels about those things, but not an actual representation of the things themselves. I think.

Your Wisdom? Your Wisdom is a part of your.
If you're secretly angry with yourself for your lack of moral fiber then you might find a Goetia of that there.

But there isn't some objectivist Angel sitting on some lonely tree stump in your mind silently fuming about all the souls you've eaten.

theonyxpath.com/dhampir-vampire-the-requiem/ Half-Damned got a preview.

In Awakening, any point in getting Prime for the sake of Universal Counterspell only? Wouldn't Mages of higher level would break trough your Gnosis+2 Easily with their more devoted Arcanums?

Dhampir exist in WoD what the fuck? How are they even created?

In 1e there were a Theban ritual that made male vampires fertile, a Cruac ritual that let vampire women be impregnated and a Coil that did it as well. There might have been more, now that I think of it, but since there was stuff about m-preg and lesbians conceiving children I'd rather not look back.

Not him, but aren't vampires basically dead bodies? How does making their bodies fertile for a fleeting burst actually keep the fetus alive given that it needs nourishment?

Blood magic, we gotta explain shit.

The vampire turns the child half dead and sustains it with her own vitae

Damphirs?
Back in my day we just used to call them thin-bloods!
And we killed them on sight!

Half dead, you say.

>people actually like and play changeling
For what reason?

It's pretty dumb, yes. At least if the father is a vampire he can just impregnate the woman and leave.

What dont you like about it?

Arcadia and the Hedge are like three times as interesting as most other parts of wod setting, and it rubs off in the rest of changeling.

Yes.

If i recall, in the book it's said to much more common for the father to a vampire, since he only needs to have his body fertile for a day.

>Cis-Hetero Vampire Privilege

Mana addiction, I imagine. It happens to the ones who eat ghosts after all. Stop being able to process vitae after too long drinking transfigured ectoplasm and end up taking up residence in the underworld. I think I saw one that ate spirits, so I imagine the same thing happens for them.

Honestly, underworld living for a vampire probably isn't that bad a deal. No sunlight, for one. Like living in the shadow for a mage. Nobody to see you play silly buggers with things.

One gets around to annihilating time. The other replaces the now smouldering ashes of time with more time. Abyssal time. Everybody wins!

Can someone explain the komodo exarch thing to me? I remember seeing someone claiming DaveB was actually a komodo because he kept biting people a few threads ago, but I've got no fucking idea what's going on.
Because it's a pile of fun, and magical PTSD is even moreso?

Dave just likes Komodo a lot, if i remember right.

When your WtF game gets a little gay

1e is way more fun and interesting than OW the EDGE Vampire and gay furries yiffing. It's also set in a more comfy/low-power environment than Mage, since Changelings mainly deal with normal magic-society problems instead of esoteric concepts.

Basically it's the best splat for running a traditional urban fantasy campaign, or a modern Arthurian fable.

Prime is a good complimentary Arcanum to have, period. Plus there's the potential for regular counterspelling which is Prime + target spell Arcanum + Gnosis, I believe.

They are my spirit animal.

(Not in a furry way. God. I just like lizards.)

>that rant
I remember when I was in 7th grade.

Platonic Form allows you to be Dr Strange or Green Lantern, summoning equipment bonuses made of magical energy whenever you need.

Oh great now a reason for eveb more speshul snowflakes edgelord mary sues. Onyx once again tries their hardest to make sure the Mage players won't nothing to do with Vampire the emo cutter

>Platonic Form allows you to be Dr Strange or Green Lantern, summoning equipment bonuses made of magical energy whenever you need.

Only in theory. The Mana cost is prohibitive when each use of the platonic item costs a Mana regardless of the Duration of the spell.

>Platonic Form

If you conjure a platonic key, will that open any lock?

All the other parts aside, you could look at Extemporaneous affinity as a blueprint and talk to your GM about converting that to a counterspelling boost instead.

What if you made it a Praxis or a Rote?

Dhampir are neat, but I don't know if I really like the vampire hunter angle. Seems too much like Blade or something.

'Vampire HUnter D'.

It still looks like an interesting turn. Wonder how their gifts will turn out. Wasn't there a class of ghoul that generated vitae on its own? Probably like that.

They would have to be pretty potent if they let them go up against full vampires with actual Disciplines and win.

Almost every dhampir in fiction is a Vampire hunter dumbass not just fucking blade

>anime
Don't know about it, don't care about it. Take that weeb shit somewhere else.

Dude Vamps are weak sauce in requiem disciplines or not unless they can outright mind control you it's not hard at all to give them the true death

Chances are they'll be halfies. Get physical intensity and some dodgy discipline knock-offs, maybe some shitty blood sorcery unique to them. Vampires aren't stupidly potent. The correct planning should let a dhampir group off one. It'd be the solo hunters who fly by the seat of their pants who'd be scary. Or dead.

How would you rehash the World of Darkness (specifically CofD) to turn it into a World of Light ?

Spirits are no longer complete and utter fucks. That's the mai nproblem with the WoD - it's an animistic world, and the garbage bag in the alley has a vested interest in rotting there.

Vampirism isn't a curse
Werewolf's actually has a chance of winning their war
Mages/Beasts no longer exist

No, the mana cost is part of the spell casting. TO use it for long, you need more mana. Neither of those mitigate that. Exception being duration for a rote, using reach, but it's only 1 dot extra for you at that level.

Hard to say. How light are we talking? I suppose I would say make the Exarchs nice somehow. I guess make it so that the Gate was the evil and selfish one trying to sunder reality with the Abyss and they had to climb to the Supernal to stop her. I guess their symbols would change too. Eye goes from surveillance to vigilance, or something.

Wouldn't that just be Exalted ?

>Dhampir exist in WoD what the fuck? How are they even created?

Well, in CLASSIC World of Darkness, you've got both dhampirs and dhampyrs.

Dhampirs (with an i) are the offspring of high-generation vampire thinbloods, in other words 14th or 15th generation (and 16th, if we're using Beckett's Jyhad Diary rules).

Because thinbloods barely qualify as vampires (sunlight only does lethal damage, they still breathe automatically and can eat normal food, etc.) the Curse of Caine doesn't have as big of a hold on them. In essence, this means that a thinblood can have sex with a regular mortal, and produce a child from that coupling.

The end result is a dhampir, which is basically a "natural" form of Revenant, in that dhampirs have access to level one disciplines and have a self-sustained bloodpool that they can use.

Dhampyrs (with an y) are really similar, but are instead the result of a union between a Kuei-Jin and a regular mortal. They have access to some of the Kuei-Jin's "disciplines" as well. There's also a LOT more Kuei-Jin halfbreeds than there are Kindred ones.

>Gate was the evil and selfish one trying to sunder reality
NO!! My waifu is pure! Pure!!!

Hey, just dedicate yourself to him and she'll be pure to you.

Kuei-jin were a mistake.

Aren't kuei-jin more mortal? All I know about them is the stuff from the video game, and them being able to eat and drink human food.

What if you imbued a Swiss army knife with the spell and enchanted it to hold mana?

Sort of. It depends on the relative strength of their qi. If they're holding too much of yin/yang qi, shit gets weird.

It also gets weird if their permanent stats for hun/po yin/yang get really unbalanced, too. (Thousand whispers is for faggots, inward tempest is bae)
I recommend you read the spell description.

Oracles and Bodhisattvas won. Abyss doesn't exist. The Supernal and Fallen is whole again, but humans have their interests protected by gods which were once humans. Everybody who is worthy can Ascend.

Huh. I just realised that in the Silver Ladder book they accidentally statted out an Archmaster. Oops.

>I recommend you read the spell description.
It doesn't say that you can't do that, just that the Mage has to pay one mana. The mana can't come from the imbued item? Or can imbued items not hold their own mana anymore?

Couldn't you get an exceptional success and just refund all the mana spent in the casting?

I say that because you're asking a lot of questions which seem pretty obvious while answering them yourself. It doesn't seem like you need to ask them.

>calling Vampire Hunter D '''weeb shit'''

He said equipment bonuses. Platonic Form suck as weapon, which you need to use many time, but you literally need to use magical lockpick only once.

Is the Unholy mentioned at all in 2e vampire, outside those throwaways in the corebook?

And when using the Translation Guide - how would you fit the Tremere in to vampire society? An obscure bloodline of occultist breath drinkers who have developed a ritual discipline? A secondary sect?

>how would you fit the Tremere in to vampire society?
Just to be sure - do you mean Lich-Reapers from MtAw, or vampire mage clan from VtM?

Well, the translation guide, so the VtM. It gives a few suggestions, and I'm curious how other people would do it.

Okay. I would make them powerful subsect inside the Circle of Crone. Thaumaturgy becomes Cruac, Tremere and his Circle become unusually smart and lucky Elders.

I think that the past several months have proven one thing conclusively. Mage is not in any way part of the World of Darkness. It is a cloaks and tights superheroes comic book game at its heart, and trying to mix it with the internal consistency of the rest of WoD just brings out how glaringly out of place and awful a mix it is. Sure, it has the trappings of cosmic horror bolted on, but that aspect is so bolted on it could be excised with no one even noticing it was part of the book at all.

Nothing has been proven. That's just your opinion, which you are of course entitled to and its your prerogative to not include Mage in your settings at all. I respect you on a fundamental level as a human being, please have a nice day.

Best reply:

"... shoulder to cry on."

Get use to that. It's all you are ever going to be to her.

1e was for faggots and the teenagers in drama club who hadn't yet come out of the closet to themselves.

Mage is the most dark of all WoD lines, save perhaps Changeling.

Prime should have been a universial tertiary arcanum, not what it is. And DaveB fucking knows it.

Let's leave the player base OUT of this.

This is disturbingly correct

WORD OF GOD
>allows you to be Dr Strange or Green Lantern

DaveB didn't write Prime, he says. It was apparently written by the same guy who wrote Demon's lying powers.

Yeah yeah yeah existential horror blah blah blah. Bullshit.

Really? People aren't talking about mage, so you've got to start your troll engine? Sad, dude.

>Mage is the most dark of all WoD lines
But you can actually ascend reality to stop getting fucked by the exarchs.

>>allows you to be Dr Strange or Green Lantern
Are you really going to take that literally? He just meant that summoning tools is something that they can do, which is what Platonic Form does. It's like taking it seriously when somebody says Celerity allows a vampire to be the Flash.

Prime is universal in some areas. In others areas it's more specific.

The reason why it was so boring previously was because it was 'too' universal, only good when used with other Arcana.

Or in Ascension, where it was flat-out mandatory to have Prime as a Sphere if you wanted to get anywhere.

>It's like taking it seriously when somebody says Celerity allows a vampire to be the Flash.
Mages do it better. so.....

More that we weren't going to change the ten Arcana for a second edition. If we were designing Mage from nothing, who knows?

Back when they were putting 1e together, Malcolm proposed a seven Arcana scheme, I think, which had Prime, Space, and (I think) Fate as template powers. But Bill preferred the 10-setup.

And of course I didn't write Prime. I didn't personally write any of them - I Developed it.

>Why isn't anyone taking my game seriously?
I don't know why do you run around in a customs and keep shouting made up nicknames and gibberish?

We don't really know that though, do we? Nobody even knows if the Oracles are real, let alone the state of their existence in relation to the Exarchs.

Daddy, daddy, what do you thing of my drawing?Can you put it on the fridge???? pretty please?

Oh, come on, try harder. I didn't mention my gameline.

Did Dave ever ask his writing buddy whether or not Prime can trump/Clash a Demon's lies? Or cover even?

If he has he hasn't shared the answer yet, although a general agreement was arrived at where a Clash of Wills would be the suitable solution.

>mage
if you're just going to lie

>It's like taking it seriously when somebody says Celerity allows a vampire to be the Flash.

Indeed, to be the Flash requires Time and Forces...

>Superhero Analogy Supremacy

I guess it's like in masquerade where we don't truly know who was the first vampire right :-)

Isn't Vampire the one with silly costumes now? The V5 Elysium wear nonsense?

Having a run at my reading comprehension is a good idea, but unfortunately you'll need to try something that isn't so obviously bullshit.