Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

KILL! MAIM! BURN! edition

BFTBG sub-edition

>ded thread
>angrylet tactics, not bad
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/03/legion-focus-world-eaters-aug-3gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Its nearly over for Planet 1. Better luck next time Chaos!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)

First for the four armed Emperor!

Good to see some khorne psyker hosing that is actually good.

Fourth for gifs

Also good to know that one Chaos Legion is better at their thing than the loyalist equivalent. Melee is one place where Chaos just outright is superior to SM and it's good they kept it that way and then some.

Chaos is coming...

Its some caind of game or what?

Thick your eldar's womb.

>10-man Bezerker squad with khan that attacks twice with +1A and can attack twice for 84 chainaxe attacks, or 124 attacks with a chainsword

Iron intensifies

If I played Alpha Legion using the Space Marine codex, would I get shit for it?

Nah, just a guy who does a bunch of pixel art gifs and did a few for 40k

Anyone got some good and fucked up images as inspiration for chaos?

Nice digits ;D

Repostan

Battalion detchment +3cp

High Marshal Helbretch 170pt

Saint Celestine 250pt
+2x Germinae Superia

Lieutenant 64pt
+power sword

10x Initiate 146pt
+8x chainsword
+power fist
+power sword

10x Initiate 146pt
+8x chainsword
+power fist
+power sword

5x Initiate 90pt
+missile launcher

Stormraven 316
+twin assault cannon
+twin h. bolter
+2x hurrican bolter
+4x stormstrike missile

Stormraven 316
+twin assault cannon
+twin h. bolter
+2x hurrican bolter
+4x stormstrike missile

1498pt, 6cp

How does it look?

>not webms

Rolled 6, 3 = 9 (2d6)

Everyone roll a pair of dice to see if Carnac dies in a car crash tomorrow. Doubles is a yes. Double 6's means that Tzeentch makes it extra painful

Yes.

The +1 attack on the charge only triggers the first time you fight, it doesn't improve the actual attacks characteristic. You can tell they worded it very oddly and specifically to avoid giving Berzerkers +2 (or 3) attacks.

>he thinks they'll get into melee

Fuck off. Just don't give him any attention and he'll leave

Dammit. Back to the drawing board.

So what's the joke this time?
6 isn't Tzeentch's sacred number, you know?

Nah, it's actually a really common thing to do.

It's been kind of funny watching all the anons talking about playing primaris alpha legion like they're the first person to think of it.

Lads... can you Deep strike / arrive from orbit / da jump / whatever... and do this?

He thinks you can't charge out of rhinos

Ooooooh, it is just one Attack isn't it. Damn.

>Nah, it's actually a really common thing to do.

For power gaming shit heads.

No, but also yes.
It entirely depends on how you fluff it.

No, it's for the entire subsequent fight phase. So zerkers would have +1 attack each time the fight for the entire player turn that they changed in

From last thread

>heavy D6

Is Yvraine the best 40k waifu ?

>12 point power fists
>45 point terminators
Oh me oh my

Yes if your opponent somehow leaves that much fucking space on the table around his unit.

Good luck, that's upwards of a 20" diameter and you need to wrap around that entire circumference.

You sure you didn't just rip that off of generic death metal album cover?

>Know hair on the side of her head

No.

Did fanboys go too far this time?

Ignore him, been doing it for years,no one cares

SHIT YEAH!! Glad he's all primed up and ready to go now quickly obtain some hazard stripes mah nigga.

I'm not seeing the words "next time the fight" here. Or even "the first time during..." All I see is "during the next fight sub phase".

>So zerkers would have +1 attack each time the fight for the entire player turn that they changed in
It doesn't say each time they fight. It says "one additional attack in the subsequent fight phase", period. That means the first time you fight you make the bonus attack. The second time you fight it doesn't trigger because you already got your additional attack for this phase. If they meant for it to trigger each time you fought it would say "add 1 to their Attacks characteristic in the following Fight phase". They very clearly worded it to avoid that.

The first time I fought Berserkers I was completely unimpressed. It was 1v1 with a Tac Squad and I'd just back up and shoot each time they charged, which between that and Overwatch would kill 2 of them to the 1 they'd manage to kill in the fight phase, and then I'd attack back and kill another. I did have a flamer in that squad, but seriously are bezerkers way over hyped or was my first time a fluke?

Man I got some worse chaos-ish ones than that but not sure if SFW

Looks like hyper generic death metal album art lol
>DOOOOODDD BRUTALS N STUFF

Fluke. They can drown shit in attacks no problem

I disagree. While I'm not an alpha legion player, I can certainly see how C:SM fits the alphamemes better than CSM. For starters, the fact that C:SM has snipers and CSM doesn't

The silly zerkers forgot to bring chainsword + chainaxe combo.

Why is he so grainy?
I'd advise stripping before you progress further.

>he thinks the rhinos will live past turn one

Armor indominus vs salamanders mantle for my captain?

T5 vs 2+ with a 1 time 3++

Which is better generally?

>"A-Ancient Romulus, the enemy is nearby ! Why aren't you firing, brother Dreadnought ?"
>"Eldar ass is fine ass. I had some in M36. I want to go back sleepin on Maccrage."

Thanks my dude, I've got a couple extra washes of nuln oil on him and I can't wait to get back home from work and continue workin on him

"you can make ONE additional attack with each of its models in the subsequent Fight phase"

Technically you don't need to use it the first time you Fight, but I don't see why anyone would wait to use the bonus attacks until the second round of fighting. But the point is, you get one additional attack, total, in the entire phase. It doesn't trigger again no matter how many times you fight. It doesn't increase your Attacks characteristic.

'm pretty sure at one point Fulgrim becomes aware of all the freaky chaos shit he did and decides to go with the flow

Alpha Legion don't have scouts.
Codex Space Marines in no way fits Alpha Legion

Only for Bobby G.

Yeah, that kinda triggers me. I really like her character, but I would like her more if she was closer to pic related.

Your wrong and the faq will no doubt explain that you're wrong because they seem to like filling those things up with explanations of incredibly basic stuff to dumb people.

At least it won't be a long wait.

They do have human operatives though. Far more trained than Cultists.

Chaos cannot be escaped in this world or the next
Nothing worse than Arch Warhammer does, or R+L=J, but yeah what happens to daemons once their god dies, do they just shift to their new patron or disappear as they were part of slaanesh

I know most Mechanicus sexually identify as an attack helicopter (because they are) but would it be ULTRA TECH HERESY to have female Skitarii?

I've bought some of these, which have lobster style armour and long coats, and was going to stick Skitarii backpacks, arms and heads on them so they're wholly clothed, gas masked and have robot arms and the proper Admech guns (galvanic rifles and arquebuses)

Would you play against an Admech army where a few troops have got powerful chest orbs?

Nope. They said on facebook that you get +1 attack both times.

Bike, armour indominus, and storm shield.

>that duck face
Not only did you buy beta tier third party female models, you bought hideous ones. Fuckinrg embarrassing

user, women trigger people and should be avoided whenever possible.

Sure thing, dude, keep believing that.

It would have been very, very easy for them to have written it as "models in that unit add 1 to their Attacks characteristic during the subsequent Fight phase". They didn't in order to avoid it multiplying with Berzerkers and the Khorne strat, because getting 1 free extra attack per model is already an amazing bonus. There is no other reason to have worded it that way, which demonstrates intent. RAW and RAI you are wrong.

Also fulgrim is iffy
He was chaos friendly but after he killed his buttbuddy Ferrus, the daemon in his sword possessed him, but then Fulgrim slowly ate the daemon and regained control of himself. So when the EC were raping Terrans, fulgrim was fully aware and let this happen

But they do have snipers, one of their unique units during the HH were headhunters, who's entire job was to assassinate. And during the HH, scout armor was used by normal marines, so it's not like you can't fluff it some other way than "these are scouts"
While it entirely depends on how you fluff it, a less chaosy part of the alpha legion would most definitely be better represented by C:SM

It's the tamiya primer and I hear it's particularly grainy by itself. I might try sanding some of the rougher bits but I can't strip because there is a lot of greenstuff that'll get destroyed

I wonder if they'll make an Aggressor variant with Krakstorm launchers. They should. Like meltafists and krakstorm launchers.

Those proportions would be terrible normally, but doubly so on an Eldar

Scout aren't human.
Again, Codex Space Marines in no way fits Alpha Legion. It represent a modern Space Marine chapter.
Alpha Legion should either operate like a Legion of old or like a modern warband.

Damage value 11

It annoys me to no end that any brainlet could see this needs clarifying immediately after reading it but they still leave it vague enough to require a faq.

Post screenshot, then.

Yes it does?
You get additional one attack with each model, it makes one attack when it fights the first time and other one when it fights the second time.
>not even out yet and it needs an FAQ.

No, though like most things where you try include women or black people on this board you're going to get some ass ravages spergs who are gonna REEEEEEEEE at you for it.

Do what you want though, they look like really nice models.

>forgetting the time the alpha legion made a space marine recruiting world into theirs, causing the chapter to kill itself

MFW I you forget the Gellar Field

first time I saw berzerkers fight they got into combat with a squad of Custodians and did nothing
Then Kharn came along and killed five of them in one phase

>But they do have snipers,

But no scouts, and in Codex Space Marines they come part and parcel.

> a less chaosy part of the alpha legion would most definitely be better represented by C:SM

Absolutely not. Codex Space Marines represents a modern chapter, which the Alpha Legion are not.

Hypnotic suggestion is not an ability in the Space Marine codex.

Fuck you I'd you if you think I'm taking a bike In my salamander list you WAAC fuck

You do you, but those faces are terrible, and the picklehaub makes me think SoB more than Skittari, but skittari probably have their uteruses replaced with a Comslink or other Cogitator so it doesn't matter

It fits much closer than anything chaos space marine.

Index chaos or even codex chaos marines does not fit them one bit and it's much fluffier to run them as "raven guard" with lots of scouts.

Its much more relevant on terminators, possessed, and hellbrutes.

Why didn't tartaros terminators get a point reduction like the vanilla ones did with the power fist points decrease?

It doesn't say "each time the model fights", it says one additional attack in the phase. If you make one the first time you fight, and one the second time you fight, you made two additional attacks with each model that phase, ergo you cheated. There is no condition that allows it to trigger again on additional chances to fight.

>which option is most powerful
>this is the most powerful
>I didn't want the most powerful you WAAC fuck
Okay.

>modern space marine chapter
>being so nu you didn't use 5th ed codex BA for pre heresy WE

Stop arguing your upsetting the baby

>not even out yet and it needs an FAQ
Say it with me!

MOST PLAYED EDITION EVER?!?

I'm on the facebook, they said nothing of the sort.

Why are chaoscucks the most blatant cheaters in 40k?

They forgot the artifact in the article.

>There is no other reason to have worded it that way

Except or for the fact that it is the same wording they use for every effect that gives you extra attacks, except titan feet. Why would they break the style guide for this one particular ability?

No, it's an additional attack every time they swing in that particular fight sub phase. In fact, they could spend the 3cp on their stratagem and have the ability trigger a third time.

That's pretty conclusive

I can't wait for the big reveal that Ynnead is Slaanesh. It's so obvious.

They made the scouts leave their chapter and join the warband, are you happy or do we need to scream about metal boxes again
Argel Tal killed 2 and stole a spear, his bromance with Kharn was unexpected but kinda cool, espcieally when they killed cultists together

>But no scouts, and in Codex Space Marines they come part and parcel.
Except they had scouts during the HH you mong. Recon squads, who could were 4+ armor and get sniper rifles. They litteraly had scouts.
>Absolutely not. Codex Space Marines represents a modern chapter, which the Alpha Legion are not.
and what the fuck is a "modern chapter?" Only codex compliant chapters? Then why are templars in it, when aren't codex compliant?
More over, why are you so butthurt about the idea of not using the CSM to represent alpha legion.