Connected to ARESNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Ruger_Super_Warhawk__Great_Gun_Or_BEST_Gun.trid
>Stiftung_Drachentest_06/2076.zdf
>Smartlink_And_Machine_Sprites__The_Perfect_Combo.thread
>Sound_Based_Weaponry.sklsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 308 (50% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'PENIS ENLARGEMENT. TURN YOUR TIFFANY NEEDLER INTO A PROPER THUNDERSTRUCK'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running DAKKA.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

ENUFF DAKKA Edition
What weapons do you use?
What's your favorite?

Other urls found in this thread:

pegasusdigital.de/product/212955/Shadowrun-State-of-the-Art-ADL?src=FrontPage
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FASA
tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=48836
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What's your favorite?
Probably either the Enfield AS-7 shotgun or the Savalette Guardian.

I usually try to grab more fluffy weaponry, a character of mine who lived in France mostly uses FN firearms (Since there aren't any specifically french guns mentioned in the books), with another favoring the weapon type and configuration they were issued during their time with a SWAT team.

My sammy's the most weapon-heavy guy in the group, doubly so because his civilian identity's fake job is in private security. He has two different sets of weapons: one that's for non-criminal activity and one for criminal activity. He's an all-range type, keeping just a couple pistols (a Savalette Guardian and a Colt Government 2066), a taser, an assault rifle (the FN HAR), a shotgun, and a knife. His criminal identity uses a similar loadout, with the HAR exchanged for a heavily-modified Ares Alpha, an assault shotgun, a sniper rifle (easily broken down to carry in a false-bottom attache case), a sword, a few grenades, and the blade in his cyberarm. Obviously, he can't use all of those at once, but weapons are just tools used for killing people. You don't bring a socket wrench to do a drill's job just like you don't bring a shotgun when the job requires a marksman's weapon or a sniper rifle when a handgun will do.

My social adept that I'm retiring in a session or two after her arc's complete has like 5 weapons on her at any given time, a Pulsar, a Streetsweeper, a Deputy, a whip from the 4th world and an Ares Redline.

>What's your favorite?
The Ingram, ofc. Runner up: Savalette.

Every time this question is asked, my answer is the same.

Ruger Thunderbolt.

And i never get to use it since i have no games...

Warhawk, Predator, Smartgun, Monosword, Spurs.

>fav weapon
muscle magic
a mys adept built around shape (concrete), missle mastery, 15 str and smashing blow

Isn't there some vein harvesting you have to attend?

I've had this idea in my head for a character that reflects basically everything. He would need
a) Reflection or Harmonious Reflection metamagic
b) Counterstrike martial arts technique or adept power,
c) missile parry (probably on a focus) and
d) a high initiative to utilize his interrupts.

Which metamagic is better? Is Counterstrike as martial arts or power better?

How would you build such a character (Mage/MysAd/PhysAd, metatype)?

>Favorite gun
Cavalier Deputy, just looks too awesome in art.

My IKEA Sniper Rifle: Model Birgitta, .50 cal. Once you manage to assemble it it shoots perfectly, assuming you don't end up with a few extra screws that surely should've been somewhere in the weapon.

LMGs are the coolest to use.
I've got my GM to allow name variants to the regular ones but I usually go for the SF-20.

Is this a rifle with an underbarrel rifle?

This is what happens when you don't have enough dakka.

You take two guns see, and you make them one.

Will the Fichetti Executive Action ever be viable?

Can't I just add more dakka in a weapon that usually doesn't dakka much at all?

So many people in our African mercenary group use the Ares Alpha that I've joked that we should put it on our flag Mozambique style.

To be fair it is the best AR in the game.

Isn't that the light pistol with 7p and SA/BF? because then it's already the best light pistol for raw firepower, like the Guardian. If you want something easier to hide than a Heavy, or something a bit more socially acceptable to carry.

Hmm, I'm having some trouble with chummer. When I attempt to prioritygen a character and I select priority C Enchanter, I don't get the free skills associated with the selected specialization. Has anyone else encountered this before?

>What is the Yamaha Raiden

No integral grenade launcher.

>what weapons

FN HAR and Savalette Guardian

first is decently priced and you can always grab a spare mag from corpsec

second is just great. Burst fire capabilities are among the most powerful shit one can have.

Even though I know the Browning Ultra-Power is significantly outclassed by many weapons, I still love it.

>Silenced
>Recoil comp/fuckyou
>Bigger mag
>At the cost of 1 easy to obtain/stack RC you can underbarrel a grenade launcher
>Japanese and therefore better

Underbarrel Grenade launcher has 1 round capacity.

The Ares Alpha has six.

There's no logic behind it either, just broken shit.

Ever since we started playing in the ADL my character carries a 223 everywhere

Isn't the Walther Secura II a straight upgrade to the Guardian? I mean, if you can find the State of the Art ADF book.

Yeah, that one is a beauty. Just needs a smartgun because >lol 4 ACC.
To bad the Service rifle of the Bundeswehr in the book is a bit on the weak side, i very much like the looks of it.

Translation literally when?

Never.

>if you can find the State of the Art ADF book

I have it in print, thats not an issue.
The secura technically still has the "burst Needs complex Action" part from pre-errata R&G in it, because the Author didn't knew this got removed.
And i honestly think it should keep this disadvantage, because I'm very much against "strictly better" weapons.
They should have given the Walther a laser sight instead desu.

The MP75 carries even more stopping power though (9/-1) and comes with smartgun, advanced safety and GasVent 2 stock.

Where can I find a pdf then?

>"burst Needs complex Action"
Doesn't that makes it exactly the same as SA burst though?

Pray that one german user finally scans it.

Not that user, but does it not come In PDF format?
Also are there any translations of the other German PDFs?

No.

Not exactly, semi-Auto SA can't fire 6 bullets, whereas with the Walther, both short and long require a complex Action instead of only the long one.

Just buy the fucking PDF from Pegasus online store pegasusdigital.de/product/212955/Shadowrun-State-of-the-Art-ADL?src=FrontPage

And no, there are no ripped pdfs yet, because german community nowadays knows fucknothing about removing watermarks.

I and some other Anons translated a few items from several german-only books, but there are no official translations for the german-only books.

Should I play 5e or 4e?

5e

5e

When CGL finally die and Ulysses Spiele takes over both German and English lines.

>Ulysses

Oh D*g no.
They have a printing policy arguable worse than CGLs

>split Clerical professions into two different books
>split Magic in two different books

No thanks.
Shadowrun Germany is handled by Pegasus and it should stay there.

>Shadowrun Germany is handled by Pegasus
This is what I get for having TORG on the brain.

5e. At this point it has more, better-balanced content overall. 5e's Matrix rules are absolute garbage, but 4e's were pretty fucking shit too, so it's a wash either way there.

I think I haven't set up the new subclasses properly, the current priority system wasn't really built to handle them.

Yeah but I own a HK MR223 in real life so it's more of a fluff gun at this point for me
I own it, if I had a scanner I would do it, but I dont....

I'm sorry user

Schick!
Jäger oder Sportschütze?

"Jäger"
Aber eigentlich nur für den Schein, ich hab mir eine Kimber Pro Raptor Elite und eine MR223 geholt, mein Bruder besitzt auch einige zum sportlichen Schiessen

Why is Shadowrun so popular in Germany anyway?

>Scheinjäger

Noice.
Das steht bei mir auch auf der Agenda, muss aber noch ein wenig dafür sparen.

But that just gives you some dakka. See, what we're after here is more dakka

Most of us aren't in warzones where we need that kind of firepower at immediate disposal. Or we just get a drone to carry that semi-auto grenade launcher, because that's what drones are for.

Complexity. Interestingly, Poland, right next door, favours CP2020.

Because FASA is/was a German company.

What?
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FASA
>Headquarters Chicago, Illinois, U.S.

Well, shit, I was misinformed.

Because it's home to Lowfyr and S-K, the largest megacorp in the world.

You were thinking of Fantasy Productions (FanPro), I think.

Well not for the original 2020 setting, so
1)its for a custom setting, so i dont really need to give a shit about it fitting the rules
2)brainhacking is cool as shit
3)I honestly just wanna use a less fucked up ruleset for net running

It's essentially a cheap, more-concealable machine pistol. All it needs is some RC and it'll do standup service for the right person.

The best light pistol for raw firepower is always going to be the 8P Colt Agent Special.

Well if you want to you can ask the creator directly
tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=48836 is the link to the discussion thread. If you register you could even ask him directly

No, this is a full auto double rifle.
AR-15 style single recoil spring in the stock tube.
AR-15 style large double bolt with dual gas system for even pressure on the bolt.

So wait you're saying this is actually possible.

Cause all I did was fuck around in pimpmygun for like twenty minutes.

So is there a specific writer that makes Shadowrun novels worth a damn?

After watching a documentary about the old west recently, I realized that the NAN are a huge part of what makes Shadowrun as we know it, but I don't actually know much about each nation culturally and politically.

Native American Nations Volumes 1 & 2.

Personally I'm fond of Stackpole and Findley (the latter of whom wrote at least one NAN sourcebook back in the day, in addition to novels). Charette also wrote a lot of stuff that is still referenced/core to modern canon with things like Secrets of Power and Never Deal With a Dragon.

Fire and Frost is the only recent novel I really cared for.

>Secrets of Power and Never Deal With a Dragon

Meant Secrets of Power and Never Trust an Elf. NDWAD is in the Secrets of Power trilogy

Alright, when you're jumped-in rigging, how do you calculate your initiative?

Because it's saying Data Processing+Intuition+4d6, but what the hell is my Data Processing? I'm jumped directly into the vehicle.

Thank you user, now I can justify this to my players.

I knew I'd have a use for that image some day.

It'd take some heavy lifting to port the mechanics to CP2020's shitshow, but I don't see why not.
Over-under's a bit awkward from a design perspective, but it's certainly doable.
Device rating of the control rig, I believe. Expectation generally seems to be that you'll use your commlink or RCC to jump in.

Alright, then what's the Device Rating of a Control Rig? Because you literally have a datajack built into it, and you just plug it into the vehicle, so I don't even know how you'd use the RCC/Commlink.

Basic cyberware is DR 2. Alphaware is 3, beta is a 4, and delta is 5.

So basically the answer is "Fuck you if you want to be a rigger, you're going to be awful"

>finally, a chance to talk about Humanis Policlub. They've been relegated to the background forever; now, in Complete Trog, we get a chance to talk about who exactly they are and how they operate. We can finally dig into why they are so pernicious, what their platform actually is, and how their nakedly pro-human agenda gets past discrimination laws. After all, they're literally a public political organization - they can't be that if they're Satan in the eyes of the world.

>JK, we'll just say there is some sort of outer shell, and a secret inner conspiracy that does evil evil stuff, and that this policlub is actually organized like a terrorist network with very limited communication between branches, because that seems at all possible for a public entity with political goals.

Frag it all. There is functionally no difference between Humanis, Human Nation, and Alamo 20k, except a vague allusion to some sort of HP charity wing. You'd imagine that if they were going to write a book all about oppression, they'd at least open up a newspaper or sociology book and read how actual hate groups operate.

But writing up an insidious villain group is an awful lot of effort in comparison to just making another crude KKK comparison.

A control rig isn't meant to be used alone, it's meant to be used with mostly cars or throught an RCC to rig a drone.

>Device rating of the control rig, I believe
If you're plugged into the RCC, use that. If you're plugged into a drone, use the pilot rating.

>The Device Rating of a drone is the same as its Pilot Rating, meaning all of its Matrix attributes are equal to the Pilot Rating.

This isn't news, going purely by what you've written here. Humanis have always had a public front and privately funded fanatics to do the dirty work.

Speaking of those huge kinds of conspiracy theories, I wonder how sad Israel was that their puppet USA got buttmunched.

My Gm tells me that Israel combusted, is this true, or was he trying to placate me?

FN P93 Praetor, lots of good stats, & just all around nice

Is there anywhere I can find the user translations of the german pdfs?

So my GM just gave me Dead Emotion for indirectly causing the death of 100+ innocent people, I already have Impassive and roleplay my character as a remorseless military veteran. What would be a good emotion to kill for this?

Lurk and wait

I dont know if its an emotion exactly, but pleasure from food/drink. Basically everything tastes like cardboard & shit, no more good steak or wine. No relief from a nice cold beer at the end of a run. Snickers does not satisfy. That sort of thing

>Snickers does not satisfy.
At least be realistic, chummer, c'mon. Don't just put a bullet in my suspension of disbelief like that.

So nobody has translated the rules from, say, the corebook, and posted it here, despite the translated rules being in Chummer?

I have Germans that submit pull requests with the data.

Fine, imagine that even the most flavorful & delicately delightful meal made by some elven Martha Stewart hits your tongue yet all you taste is the raw protein of an off brand Stuffershack which suffered equipment failure, rain water from a rusting barrel, & stale oats. Every meal is bland, you pour unhealthy levels of salt, pepper & spices but it has no effect.

See, that's much more realistic. Was that so hard?

Ah well, Guess I'll just use the German rules without the fluff

Jews have stopped being Jews because they're being outjewed by dragons and immortal elves.

I thought jews awakened to dwarves and started living underground?