Been reading through IT again...

been reading through IT again, and it just occured to me that Pennywise would make a great BBEG for a low-to-mid level game

so ITT: your favorite villains from books/movies/tv that could be translated well into Tabletop

alternatively:
>stat me Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:End-World
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But is it true that the kids fuck in the sewer

Like lust-crazed animals. 300 straight pages of loli pussy and shota dick in various states of entanglement.

Doing with a dnd campaign would be kind of missing the most appealing parts of Pennywise as a villain. It's impossible to defeat him as an adult, because then, he doesn't really exist at all, or he's a horrible Lovecraftian monstrosity. If you're a kid, then he can be a werewolf which you can kill with a silver sling bullet. That's why the Losers regress to their childhood personalities when they go back to Derry

>"IT"
>large fiend, shapechanger, chaotic evil
>Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
>HP: 175
>Skills: vary

>Damage Resistance:bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage from non-silvered weapons

>Condition Immunities: Fear, Poison

>Senses: Truesight 120 feet, Passive Perception 10

>Languages: All

>Shapechanger: "IT" can use its action to polymorph itself into a form that it believes will most frighten a creature he can see. "IT" has a deep understanding of that creature's deepest fears. If that creature has lost a loved one recently it might choose to take on the form of that loved one's animated corpse. The creature who "IT" targets with this ability has disadvantage on attacks made against "IT", and must also make a wisdom saving throw (DC 15) or be frightened.

>ugh

BBEG

My favorite villain is Skeletor.
D&D wise, he is probably a warlock.

pic related

Skeletor would be a bladelock for sure.

Actually Skeletor would be a crazy cool BBEG

here's the BBEG for my campaign what do you guys think

Mexican/Transgender/Gay PCs only, in what, Shadowrun? Could be a cool time.

Ran a Kingverse game once; my players were pissing themselves at the mere IDEA that they might have to go to Derry.

Alternatively, Mad Max-style, desert roaming, wall-guarding militia-types. Elements of Fallout mixed in. SeƱor Trump is the bad guy, but you work for him, and are slowly converted.

>kingverse game

you have my interest. What system?

Dark&Dowers

DitV

Coincidentally I'm re-reading The Dark Tower and there's stuff that sounds oddly similar to a TTRPG.
I love the idea of a Kingverse as a setting with actual rules for most of the shit. Babau, It, the anal aliens from Dreamcatcher, can-toi, taheen, Slow Mutants, vampires, and all that stuff. People using gunslinger classes, or witch/wizard/magic users, perhaps a Kid class or some additional rules about young characters.

Envy is a form of pain.

>Coincidentally I'm re-reading The Dark Tower

You poor soul

literal gangbang actually though. The fat kid has a big dick.

>I love the idea of a Kingverse as a setting with actual rules for most of the shit
I wrote up a bunch of Unisystem splats for the Kingverse with all the stuff you're talking about, but then later had a lot more fun running it using DitV and just ad-libbing everything.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:End-World

Probably the most enjoyable campaign I've ever ran if we're going to speak true.

Not as unfortunate as the ones who expect a good movie.

Nah, I still like some of the earlier parts, and the ending too. It's some of the most forced time-traveling parts in the last two books I don't really stomach.
I'm not expecting anything since every thing I knew about the book is being contorted or completely ignored for the sake of Hollywood plot. It's gonna be another story altogether.

This dude right here. Even has a crumbling castle with secret passages, chatty undead, a magic clock, cursed lands, captive magical beasts and a monster that is both his warden and champion.

>I'm not expecting anything since every thing I knew about the book is being contorted or completely ignored for the sake of Hollywood plot. It's gonna be another story altogether.
It's actually a completely different cycle, according to King.

IT is just a Shoggoth Lord
look it up in the Malleus Monstrorum

>IT is just a Shoggoth Lord
Explain the Deadlights.

Subliminal attraction frequency lights.

You look at them and you mong out.

Possibly you see something of your own imaging that is comforting and you don't want to look away or move, possibly you see something that paralyses you with fear and you can't move. Either way they do their job.

Right up until you find someone who is already too batshit to be effected by it, has a mind filled by something that stops the effect gaining purchase or is simply too willful.

Shoggoth and Lords are capable of mind-fucking magic. That cover mostly anything, from the hallucication to the shapeshifting

Ha, that's a way to handwave it I guess

most Transformers or GI Joe villains would fit the bill, especially when they're working together

Asterix's Caesar is great BBEG material.

He's devious yet honorable, and keep coming up with out-of-the-box plans to fuck up the protagonists, who aren't even his biggest concern, just an annoying symbol of resistance to his empire.

Is not even really evil you know. he just want everything under his flag but that's it. He'll probably wouldn't give a shit about the village if they finally accepted roman rule.

Fucking bretons

>It's impossible to defeat him as an adult, because then, he doesn't really exist at all, or he's a horrible Lovecraftian monstrosity
Light work for Roland Deschain

This book is the reason I got interested in D&D in the first place.

The blight from a Fire Upon the Deep

What I really want to do is run a game in the zones of thought universe, but something like the blight, overwhelmingly powerfull, ruthless, and inexorable, Could be fine in a find the macguffin game.

One of those games where you play the bad guys trying to foil the hero's plan, huh?

A good villain doesn't necessarily need to be strong. They just need to be memorable.

I've been trying to scheme up a lvl 0 guard NPC basically who's a fucking psychopath. He'll basically go Tucker's Kobolds on your ass and think of every horrific psychological trick to murder anyone and everyone out to get him.

>Light work for Roland Deschain
Reminder that Roland almost got eaten by a lesser version of Pennywise and was only saved due to literal author fiat.

You made me remember General Woundwort. I believe he'd make a pretty good villain if he wasn't a bunny