You have been given all the resources required to make a Veeky Forums video game

You have been given all the resources required to make a Veeky Forums video game

What do you make?

CATastrophe game.

Uncharted waters(on world map) + 3d Zelda/MML(in ruins/on islands).

Streamlined clone of 4E

A shitty broken ripoff of whatever is popular on Veeky Forums at the moment, then I run away to Mexico with all the funds I embezzled.

I would make a plague inc style 40k game where you have to spread
>ork spores
>chaos stuff
>genestealerism

And all the maps would be procedurely generated, and you have a troops side to it, for when the PDF comes running

That or a 40k platinum game staring Lilith hesperax

Tabletop Simulator 2: More Table Flips

An actual, faithful vidya version of 40k.

Dorf Fort 2.
The console version.

>open world city
>Rage Zombies
>gritty fight for survival
>military base that starts raids, end level enemies
>later on you can join them of you avoid confrontation in the early game (or don't get caught)
>other factions aswell
>fights are really deadly and you want to avoid them
>food and Water are scarce
>getting a weapon is hard
>not much ammo
>weapons are loud (only the military uses them large scale)

Neverwinter Nights: Tactics using 4E and having a toolset that isn't shit and stupidly difficult to use like NWN2's.

This, you'd make infinite money

i would make a 40k xcom, insted of individuals you have teams and you go around in a cruiser fleet and kill stuff
the system is already there with xcom2, insted of going around the Earth you go around systems

I'd play that shit

Something like Space Marine but way, way bigger. Different campaigns with gameplay differences (still on a rough TPS shell but allowing for a lot of variance with melee and powers, a la Mass Effect 3 and its multiplayer) for each of the major factions. Finish it off with multiplayer arenas like Star Wars Battlefront II (the first one, and I hate that's something I have to specify). Roll in the dolla dolla.

Lighthearted Lawful Evil WRPG

Wide Open Sandbox where you play as an Ork in a planet that its being occupied by all the major factions of 40k. Lots of crazy action and customzation for designing weapons and looting vehicles

Assuming a metric niggerload of resources,
Warhammer 40k tabletop styled like Xcom, where you can basically play the game with pretty grafix and shit with support for up to some arbitrarily high lists like 10000k points, (Though it'd still take forever to play).

It would also be able to simulate other players so you would never have to play with real people.

Please stop making me wish for things that won't happen till long after I'm dead.

I'd ask Veeky Forums what they'd make had they the resources required to make a Veeky Forums video game.

Strategy rpg somewhere between Mount and Blade and Dragon's Dogma set in Points of Light, with a heavy focus on starting out raiding dungeons for money, and ending up using all that money to hire other adventurers for your army and rebuilding Nerath.

I'd make a game that's about being a guardsman using the Red Orchestra engine with a lot of horror and survival elements. Basically going from heart pounding fights and charges to sneaking through a burnt out chaos controlled city trying to return to your lines. Lots of violence, screaming, explosions, etc. Some missions you may not even kill anything, it would just be about surviving.

That, or make an action game about an ork. You start with him from the day he's born as a yoof and slowly claw your way up to warboss, chronicling your rise to power over an entire waaagh. You'd customize him by choosing a clan and whether you favored Gork or Mork and by which enemies through the campaign you take on as rivals, basically getting your own version of Yarrick, be that a stalwart space marine commander, a haughty knife eared eldar, or an exasperated Necron overlord.

The final battle would be you about to warp jump with your perfect waaaagh set up, only to meet it coming out of the riff. Que your final battle being against an identical Waaagh as each ork fights to prove he's the best version of himself, with you teleporting to your flagship to engage yourself in the final duel. If you win against yourself you're carrying everything you were carrying, so you get copies of all your favorite loot as a reward

alpharius/omegon can beat any primarch hands down.

2v1 with better batmans than Curze could ever be.

that ultramarine game, but where you're a ork

>mfw Imperium is actually just as grimdark as it's described and not watered down to be more generic scifi-game protagonist faction
Fire Warrior did that right at least

Badass Guardsman adventures, basically a guardsman who survives more than one battle. At the start of the game you select your regiment from a list of all Regiments known in lore. Each got there own campaign and color and type customization.
Each story has the chance to advance to a dark Heresy situation where you become a throne agent and above.
Hell there is even a chance to become allies or more with Xenos at key points in the story.

I forgot to mention, It's in a First Person Open world.

A game where you command one of these. And I don't mean click-move-attack, I mean a game where you have to manage not only the combat aspects, but how the ship runs when out of combat as well.

You'd deal with crew morale, logistics, engineering, and flight control. You'd assign officers best suited them (or not, if you're into a bit of corruption), delegate responsibility (or take a direct hand in things), and watch as your finely tuned machine lays waste to those around it (deserving or not).

When it comes time to actual combat, you'd have to get your hand around fighting in space - managing your signature vs. your opponents, information warfare, and of course maneuvering in space itself and the physics behind it. You'd adjust power to whichever subsystem needs it at the time, while managing your heat (which of course affects at what range you can be detected) and organizing your fighter screen. And when you start shooting, I would implement complete, 100% damage modelling. Every hit, every impact crater, every blown off panel and exposed hallway, completely visible and lovingly rendered.

There's more, but don't want to biblepost.

Darkest Dungeon, but in a 40k Hive City.

you're a piece of shit Inquisitor using your disposable minions to track down chaos cultists, mutants, genestelaer cultists, heretics in an under hive. You can use classes like interrogators, arbites, priests, vet guardsmen, Jokaero, crusaders, daemonhosts, stormtroopers, sisters of battle, death cultists.

The "stress" effect is the corruption of whatever that area is riddled with. So if Nurgle cult its corruption, if genestealers it's psychic control from patriarch.

I'd steal other aspects like some classes not going with others. Eg no daemonhosts with priests, no sisters of battle with mutant henchmen.

>Game Night
>The idea is that you're new in town, and you want to get a game going without really knowing anyone.
>Canvas your neighborhood, visit your local game store, university, comic shops, library, etc. to try to draw up a play group.
>Try to get a good game going before your sanity drains to 0 by having to deal with a near endless procession of That Guys and other flakes.

>reskin of X with no change to the mechanics
Please never design games.

Please only design sequels.

Star Trek VR is right up your alley.

I'm not gonna lie, that sounds fucking fantastic.

A complex Survival/Crafting game with dynamic combat as in Dark Souls, but a versatile crafting system that makes TES and Monster Hunter look clunky.

It will, of course, be based on Dungeon Meshi.

A 3.0-3.5 era D&D game that has customizable campaigns where you can build dungeons, procedurly generate them, or use pre-made ones.
You have the full list of monsters from MM1-5 to use for populating dungeons.
You can custom build npc's, their talents and equipment and and do custom written dialogue.
You can build strongholds, run fantasy warfare and run a country built on fucking ginger farms, while building the grand arena in you capital and hosting gladiatorial seasons against other teams in a never-ending tourney system.
You can host a party of 1-8 players. They can make there own equipment and sell it for in game money on the auction house system. They can also spend real money on the game. However, it is not a true MMO. The only players you see in your world are your party. You will be able to lfg for dungeons, however.
Each expansion allows access to a one of the outer planes for further adventuring.
in all, it would definitely be on the scale of WOW or even bigger, but i have the resources.

>THANK YOU

Xcom meets Pacific Rim.

Play as an international organisation defeating kaiju with infantry and tanks and shiet, gradually get more money and international support and RnD until you're building giant mechs and fighting multiples.

Yeah, form what I've seen of it, it looks like quite a bit of fun. Don't have the equipment for it, unfortunately.

I'm still torn on a linear campaign, or a free-roam type game where you are given missions and then let loose into the galaxy to act as you see fit. You could enforce the Empire's laws, join the rebels, or carve out your own territory through balls and continent-melting firepower.

Upgrades to your ship would take just about every form imaginable - power core, engines, armor, shields, weaponry (both normal and experimental), crew, even the paint could be changed. You could install new turrets, or strip out existing weapons and components to streamline the ship for greater speed and maneuverability. Basically, you make the ship yours, both inside and out, and then go fuck up the universe as you see fit.

>piss off the space fuzz and then send a Bellator after you

Could you pick your clan, with each conferring bonuses?

Would you have to beat up grots until you have enough teef to buy a choppa/shoota,
Could you slowly become a weird boy but doing things abnormal(sneaking, building your own choppa, saving other boys)

Loota would be a ton of fun, sneak in and steal the vehicles, run around in a bane blade

For pure sales success? A KOTOR-style Dark Heresy game with Xcom tactical lite combat.

Stuff I just want to make? Dogs in the Vineyard meets Over the Garden Wall meets Legend of Sleepy Hollow investigation RPG.

I'm pretty sure a game like this already exists

Star Citizen

Maybe add transforming mecha. Tweak the lore a bit. Make a tabletop GURPS line for it, plus a minis game.

Goddamn it OP I thought planefag was back.
quests belong here on Veeky Forums

Something similar to TW:W in its execution, is what I'd do. Start out with about four factions on a campaign map based on a certain area of the galaxy (Near the Eye of Terror for part 1 probably). Add new faction, units, and characters through DLC and Free Updates. Have sequels/expansions focusing on different galaxy sections that can be played together or separately. Eventually add a huge galaxy wide map with all the factions available.

It's the Warforged vidya.

of course it would. You know how most games have hub areas where you buy gear and whatnot. Well in this you can get in fights to get teef to buy the gear you need. See that mean ol nob in the corner with the kick-ass shoota? Beat him up and it could be yours. Granted he's 3 times as hard as you but if you win you earned it.

An IG fps game. You have extremely low health, and when you or any anemy dies they burst apart like in SuperHot.
When you do die, you get a nice 3rd person slo-mo shot of your characters death, then control your closest squadmate (You can also switch squadmates while you're still alive).

Once the squad runs out, you reset to the latest foothold (checkpoint) with a slightly randomized new squad, and some but not all of the enemies have respawned and rebuilt. The enemies will be numerous, and their laslocks would be able to 1 shot you at close range.

Ok I found what I was thinking of. It's called "Into The Breach" and its by the same people who made FTL, unfortunately it's not out yet

>Dark Fantasy
>2d grid style movement
>You're a mercenary band hired by the church to help them hold off the tides of evil monsters raiding the surrounding villages
>The monsters never get any easier or harder throughout the game, the difficulty scales instead because at the beginning you have the church's crusaders and paladins helping you every step of the way, but slowly but surely their powerful but very limited troops fall in combat, and the church collapses, leaving you alone to fend off the hordes yourself
>Darkest Dungeon style Perks/Quirks system except it's actually based on shit that happens to the character, if they're crit by a goblin for instance, they might develop a phobia, or some kind of longing for revenge against that particular type of monster, driving them to flee in terror when they see it, or charge it down regardless of your orders respectively.
>Characters develop relations with each other, rivalries, friendships, and absolute despisement
>General effects that go off based on relations within a group dispatched, like if a guy gets shipped to a warzone with 5 people who are all experienced in working together, he'll gain exp faster, but also loses morale extremely quickly when tested to symbolize them all being hard on him for being the newbie

An FPS/RTS(Grand Strategy) set in the Titanfall universe.

There are 2 major levels of gameplay. The major RTS/Grand Strat part comes in the galactic conquest space portion. For this, think games like Empire at War or Sins of a Solar Empire. You manage planets, economy, fleets and their targets. When you win control of a planet's orbit (or not if you want a blockade breaking assault to hit the surface) troops can be deployed to the surface. These troops will fight for the surface on their own, even being deployed from the fleet without your need. However, if your force isn't overwhelming or you just want to take part, you can go closer into the fight either by going for an RTS mode, where you control your units on the ground like a C&C game (Not sure if base building will be in this or not, would need opinions on that). If you want even more control, you can take control of a soldier (generally people would go with Pilots and their Titans and not grunts) and go solo to fight an exposed flank or to do some behind lines fighting.

Now, for timings: The galactic level could be turn based or real time, however in the real time, time would be tiking by fast like Stellaris going per day. In terms of fleet engagements, if you don't go to the tactical level, they would essentially be auto resolved in the time scale. However, if you elect to go into tactical scale, the galactic scale slows down to perhaps even 1:1 so you can fight out the battle like in EaW or SoaSE. Similar would happen when going down to the tactical level on planets, similar time scaling so that if you decide to play out the ground combat, galactic scale won't get fucked because of neglect.

Multiplayer: With the time scaling and what not, it would need to be Co-op if it had multiplayer. It would have to be similar to Total War's Co-op in that, going to tactical levels allows units to be shared between the players.