While most conventions have a practice of allowing prop weaponry onto their show floors...

>While most conventions have a practice of allowing prop weaponry onto their show floors, some are moving to a much more stringent policy, allowing little or no weapons into their halls. Even items that in no way resemble functioning weapons are coming under fire, upsetting a large amount of the cosplay community which relies on these props to carry their garb through to more authentic levels.

Because a heavily armed crazy man walked into the Phoenix Comic-Con and no one blinked at first because he didn't look out of place.

Can't you slap some orange tape or something on the props, to show they're safe? Ruins the look, but better than losing the props.

Or get a more stringent security. Costly and a hassel, but if real weapons are a serious threat, take action against them specifically - don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and ruin the reason people come to the hobby by messing with the costumes.

What's stopping someone from putting orange tape on a real gun?

And the problem is most smaller cons are running on a pretty tight budget so they can't afford to search everyone.

So if they aren't gonna search me, why wouldn't I just hide my real guns that I want to use to shoot people? Sure, I can't take in an assault rifle, but a giant foam bolter that's clearly not a weapon is gonna get taken away and my pistols aren't.

Weapons are not a serious threat statistically speaking, but it's not hard to imagine someone out of the millions of people might get some crazy idea to try something at one of the larger gatherings. And then of course everyone would get supper butthurt and cry about it for ages.

Security is more a token measure than anything, if someone actually wants to get something into one of these places, even with "good" security, it's not hard to outwit the glorified mall cops who typically are hired to fill out security positions that can't be filled with someone marginally more competent(worked as a security guard myself, we barely get any training for that sort of thing and most of the guys on the job aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer) . Smaller cons also have less to worry about in general since they are less visible and thus less likely to attract the sorts of people who would potentially be the ones trying something.

>Conventions not running weapons check.

Most of the larger cons in the Great White North run a props/weapons check. They look it over and tag it if its a pass. If its not, too bad so sad, but you can't enter the con.

Admittedly this probably wouldnt have stopped , but it would have been better than nothing at all.

I mean it's kind of stupid and games are violent, as is most of our entertainment, so it does hurt your ability to cosplay but I mean this

did happen, so I can see why they'd be twitchy.

Dont go to those cons.
>thread

Sick sources bro really boggles my noggin we gotta fight back against the SJW and evil women invading our safe space baka desu famalam

And yet, nobody thinks to restrict his ability to buy the guns...

Are you retarded or just pretending to be retarded?

I think he's genuinely retarded.

SHALL

Plenty of people do. But people can still buy guns illegally, or keep guns they bought before the gun ban, so security checks would still be needed and banning guns wouldn't really do anything.

NOT

PASS

There's very little difference at this point. Any retarded behavior, authentic or not, attracts an equal but opposite retarded reaction.

GO, NOR COLLECT $200

That's why you combine gun registration/gun licenses with an improvement of mental healthcare, ensuring that the people crazy enough to buy a black market gun because they MUST KILL MONTE COOK BECAUSE HE IS AN AGENT FROM THE REPTILIANS don't run around in the wild but are locked up and permanently zoning out from being pumped full of anti-psychotics.

> People buy guns and shoot lots of people with them
> over and over and over and over again
> Children
> Cosplayers
> adults
> Police
> Nobody thinks to restrict the guns.
> No, better hand-wring about it and do nothing.

>Thinking someone who already doesn't obey laws will obey a new law to stop him from getting guns

>mental healthcare

Mental healthcare doesn't really exist.
You either drug em' and hope for the best--drug side-effects make people murderous sometimes.
Or you throw them into an asylum where, deprived of meaningful human contact, they get crazier by the day.
A third option exists in "counselling", but this is very expensive and doesn't really do anything.

Yeah, he's retarded.

When the invasion comes, people will be able to fight back. Semi-regular rampages in the meantime are a small price to pay.

>implying socially retarded autistic faggots have the social skills and intelligence required to acquire black market guns

If they can't even communicate with their mother, they sure as hell can't fucking buy a piece off Downtown Tony.

>A third option exists in "counselling", but this is very expensive and doesn't really do anything.

Psychological help does a shit tonne to help people.

This is kind of a wank.

Obviously the majority of gun crimes are black on black or other regular street crimes, but essentially all mass shooters have obeyed every law up until the very moment they start shooting.

Sure, restricting access to fire arms isn't gonna stop niggers from shooting niggers because they're getting guns illegally to begin with but it is gonna stop mass shooters. Look at Australia. You're not gonna stop everyone dying, but you are gonna stop at least some. A handful of human lives are at least worth that much right?

People have killed each other with their bare hands since the dawn of history. Why don't we chop off everyone's hands?

Then how'd this guy in Phoenix do it? The Sandy Hook shooter stole guns from his parents, and a dude shot some firefighters with stolen guns where I'm from a few years back, when someone really wants it, they'll do it

>People buy fatty food and have heart attacks
>over and over and over and over again
>Children
>Cosplayers
>adults
>Police
>nobody thinks to restrict food
>No, better to hand-ring about it and do nothing

Statistically burgers kill more people than mad gunmen in burgerland.

>he bought the "counseling" meme

Yeah, but at the same time, I'd rather keep my piece, as I've had to use it to not be raped. I'm a 4'9 girl, and having an equalizer is pretty alright.

>A handful of human lives are at least worth that much right?
Nope.

Literally disproved by science.

It's all a scam. Nobody ever actually recovers from their mental health problems.

A vast majority of mass shooters in the US have been liberals, too. Should we ban liberals from having guns? Nah.

If we want to play the utilitarian game of greater or lesser suffering overall, there's is statistical proof that more people are killed or wounded accidentally by their own firearms than ever have to use them to defend themselves.

I like guns. I own guns. But I also accept the fact that having dangerous concealable shit floating around that people generally don't take seriously enough is kind of a safety hazard.

> cosplayers getting nervous and twitchy.

Hold the fucking press.

Is that supposed to be a muslim SoB?

The fuck is this towelhead bullshit?

Just look at Europe. They banned guns and now they have trucks driving at full speed into crowds. With more casualties than an average mass shooting.

Have you ever seen a nun?

Also pic related.

That's a problem with Muslims, not with guns. I never said we shouldn't outlaw Islam or put them in camps, because I seriously think we should.

Do you want Muslims to have guns?

user, do you have a stroke?

Could you give me some links on that?

>he bought the "counseling doesn't work" meme

Only if you factor in suicide, which is questionable since someone intent on killing themselves would do so without a gun as well.

No, but I'd like a gun to defend myself from Ah'bed and co

Oh, yeah why didn't anyone think of that. Let's just put a law in place that says "don't sell guns to bad people" that will clearly solve everything.

I mean, of course no one has to think of the competing notions of liberty and the role of the state which are contested within the population and ought not to be decided based on nothing but your opinion on statistical anomalies, nor the actual logistics of enforcing such a ban, or about how it would be largely ineffectual due to the self correcting nature of markets both illicit and otherwise and the current availability of guns, or the fact that to be effective in preventing these rare outlier cases the system would have to be nearly entirely pervasive and involve massive cost both social and economic as the only real way to create something which would effectively do anything about said outlier cases would involve massive governmental surveillance or other compromises about what we generally stand for as a society.

But sure user, let's just say "restrict sales!" because that way you can feel like you have a valid opinion which is applicable to the real world and not you just talking out of your ass based on gut emotional responses.

>They banned guns
Fuck off retard. Sweden has more guns than your average American state. France is loaded with guns.

>Muslims
And what prevents Jack "Shadow the Hedgehog" O'Neill from buying a used truck and driving it into his high school graduation ceremony? What prevents some /r9k/ from hitting and running every woman he sees with his car? Why do you think that banning guns will prevent random acts of terror from lone mentally unstable actors?

*cough-cough* Airstrip One...

>Europe banned guns

Why do the people with no knowledge always talk the loudest.

You don't need to ban guns.
You just need to ban mentally ill, depressed, autistic and other abnormal people from owning guns.

>guns are murdercocks!
>I kno how about we tell people not to bring guns
>wow so true problem solved
>Crazy terrorist Akmed would never think to bring a gun to a """Gun Free""" zone

Liberal LogicTM

Well that just means that there is something fundamentally wrong with Americans that is not going to be fixed by banning guns.

Yeah, Aus and the UK are generally very focused on restricting easily concealed weapons. Hunting weapons are still all over the place as most people don't rob places with a longarm.

Australia has banned some Nerf guns and is considering banning more versions of them

>You just need to ban mentally ill, depressed, autistic and other abnormal people from owning guns.
>b-b-but muh differently able
And how are you going to test for that?

It doesn't though. I'm sorry but the world isn't a nice place where talking can solve everything. People get born fucked up, or predisposed to being fucked up and you can't just unfuck them with some nice words. Counseling only really works it's being used on people who are only socially fucked up, otherwise it works about as well as a placebo.

>We just need to ban people I see as undesirable from being able to defend themselves
Nice try tyrant, come for my guns and I'll give em to you one round at a time.

my country has only banned full automatic military weapons (such as heavy machine guns, light machine guns and autocannons) while semi autos etc are allowed (like semi auto pistols, bolt actions, assault rifles, AT guns and mortars)

fucking american libtards are the epitome of ignorance

There are scales of "really wants it". Regulating civilian ownership is a way of moving "if he really wants a gun he'll have to go in mommy's bedroom and take the key from her jewelry case" or "if he really wants a gun he'll go see Downtown Tony who has 15 military-grade pieces that came extra when his boys stole a TV upstate" to "if he really wants a gun he will need to find and contact international smugglers, or knock over a Guard armory unarmed".

Yeah, Americans need to fucking ban mentally ill fuckups from getting near guns.

Fuck off /k/. The vast majority of people actually want bare minimum safety standards enforced.

>Yeah, Americans need to fucking ban mentally ill fuckups from getting near guns.
They already run background checks with all firearm sales.

I'm /k/ AS FUCK and I fucking want all those retarded schizos and autists and other mental fuckups away from guns.

Because if those fucking retards don't fucking get gun restrictions soon, WE ALL WILL GET GUN RESTRICTIONS.

You should motherfucking get gassed schizofreak.

Who do you think is going to invade Clapistan, exactly?
The only people I can think of are the Clapistani government, and I'm not sure if you realize this but the US military has been training for urban guerilla warfare for longer than I've been alive.
That, and the surveillance state is already aware of Veeky Forums, so it wouldn't surprise me if they just dronestrike everyone from /k/

Get a taser.

>"surely the powers at be won't find me lacking!"
>he shouts as he posts on Veeky Forums

>I'm /k/ AS FUCK
>Wants to infringe on my right to bear arms
Fuck off you fucking lying cunt.

I'm not even pro-gun and this is the worst false flagging I have ever seen.

I don't give a fuck. Take your fucking meds, you fucking waste of human flesh.

sounds like roasties and chads get what they deserve, what's the problem here?

This is your daily reminder that anyone can experience a psychosis at any given time. The list of things that can trigger one is distressingly long.

Which would be why most shrinks focus on management techniques rather than 'This will cure you forever'

>"Oh yeah, well if we can't infringe on your right to bear arms then we'll infringe on your right to carry fake weapons HAHAHA WHAT NOW!!!!"

Sad!

>Get something I've seen drugged up retards shrug off
>Or something that can hammer holes in someone
Take that tazer and stuff it up your ass numbnuts, someone's ability to hurt me is directly related to how many bullets wounds they have.

Don't forget to call the police on elementary schooler who made hand pistol and shouted "pow!".

If they can shrug off a taser they would probably be drugged enough to have their way with you before bleeding out.

Only in Eurabia

user, have you ever seen someone get shot in real life?

In the U.S. there are more arms and munitions in circulation than if you took all arms and munitions from literally every military in the world. They will never be taken because attempting to do so would even just at the start create the bloodiest civil war ever with the most guns involved in any war let alone civil war ever. There is no good answer to the gun problem as a whole. Trying to restrict them statistically only increases their sales and it never goes through anyway. Even school shootings and such increase gun sales just incase they would try to take them. The only way to be rid of them here in the states is to salt earth and that will destroy us and the country certainly.

Have someone who knows weapons inspect them and then give a badge they have to carry. Fixed.

>Hurr durr tasers don't take everyone down instantly all the time
>Hurr durr no one has ever remained upright, functioning and pissed off with a few bullet holes

Did you shoot your own logic? It has holes.

Heyooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Reminder that the US has more gun-related fatalities than Mexico in the height of the cartel wars

>bloodiest civil war ever
Your government is fighting wars with drones these days. Let's not pretend your guns would stop it if it decided to put its foot down.

I'm pretty sure one of those in a niche scenario, given that I've literally seen the autistic kid down the street shrug off 4 hits with a taser, while the police struggled to take him down. Plus, if I'm shooting to kill, 2-3 shots to center of mass is going to stop whatever's trying to hurt me.

>using 9mm

>someone's ability to hurt me is directly related to how many bullets wounds they have.

I think you mean inversely related. Unless you think shooting them makes them more powerful.

And shrugging off a taser isn't a niche scenario?

>9mm
Yep, I'm retarded

I'm not pretending anything and you completely missed the point. Beyond that
>Your government
you're not in the U.S. so your opinion is irrelevant.

>Who do you think is going to invade Clapistan, exactly?

Could be anyone really.

If true, great on you!

Let's not pretend that they would risk the incredible amount of collateral damage. Let's not pretend that there would be massive amounts of defectors and moles in the military. Let's not pretend that there would be foreign aid given to the rebels. Let's not pretend that the military has had any success whatsoever in fighting guerrilla insurgencies.

Let's not pretend you have a functioning brain.

>implying the parents won't sue the parents of the kid, the school, the teacher and the state because of "microaggressions"

only in Amerixo

>Live in meth rich Upstate NY
>implying I don't have more accounts of local yokels shrugging off tazers and pepper spray from local news
I'm speaking from experience user

Most butt hurt /r9k/ nerds won't be able to kill 15 people with their bare hands.

Lucky for you, otherwise you'd have to address the gaping hole in your reasoning.

Pic related. It's something you apparently believe your guns will keep at bay.

> tfw legitimate autist with an arsenal large enough to arm a mid-sized street gang

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed!