Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

What's the dumbest/most dim-witted character you've ever played? What were they like?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5356459/crewmembers/?pageforid=5366342#post-5366342
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The dumbest I've played yet is an uneducated, dim slave. He's not actually as stupid as he thinks he is, but being denied education for most of his life has left it kind of a fixed idea in his mind that he's stupid.

>What were they like?
Perfect.

IT IS NOT OKAY FOR HUMANS TO CULTURALLY APPROPRIATE ELEMENTS FROM OTHER RACES

STOP KILLING NATIVE CULTURES

Are Kensai good?

I want to believe.

Kobold Savant (Kobold Press) "Wordsmith"
Her name was Klukluk, "Because Klukluk is chicken!"

LITERALLY SHAKING

>mfw every time I see this thread while scrolling I read "paizuri games general"

Yesh :3

Yeah, they're a pretty solid choice.

>I was trying to juggle making some nonsensical bullshit weapon modification for alchemists to use
>there's a perfectly functional Launching Crossbow sitting right there I could be making discoveries and unique ammunition for instead
>this has been a thing that exists for YEARS and I never noticed it, and never heard of someone using it

why the everloving shit are alchemists not ruled as automatically proficient with the Launching Crossbow, and how interested would /pfg/ be in either discoveries or archetypes based around it?

For /pfg/, you're not far off.

Can it be made as broken as the Kensai/Mage or Kensai/Rogue combos were in Baldur's Gate I-II?

I had a 18/18/18/3/3/3 character in Baldur's Gate

They're slightly worse than base magus, which is already pretty mediocre, but it's still decent at minimum.
Buy lots of Pearls of Power

They're better at high level. Higher initiative.

What do you think about Anne in S&S,
/pfg/?

Not quite-you don't have access to a wizard's bag of bullshittery, but you can output some impressive DPR. Just remember that you can't take a hit as well as other melee classes.

I made a 5 cha 5 wis 20 int mega-autist once.

Literally the most confrontational and controversial PC I've ever made. Literally couldn't stop themself from correcting people because they knew more/knew better.

They eventually got made into a

A 5 Cha being can't form coherent sentences.

5 Chan only means that you are a psychopath.

5 cha is not a retard
He is just gullible

>5

Has no awareness of the needs of others, almost no sense of empathy

That's 5 Wisdom.

5 Charisma is just profound levels of giving no fucks but not in an endearing way.

Mashallah, quit shilling.

What does it mean if someone on roll20 has played more hours than there have been hours since their account creation date? I hope this is a bug and this person isn't playing two games at once 16 hours a day

You might as well ask water to stop being wet.

no
5 wis is not knowing any better
high cha low wis character is like Kramer from Seinfeld

5 Cha
examples: Dire rat, weasel, chuul, donkey

Cirno isn't dumb! She's the SMARTEST and STRONGEST

>I hope this is a bug and this person isn't playing two games at once 16 hours a day
>not playing two games at once 16 hours a day
Are you even into this hobby m8

Oh hey that's the person I'm talking about too

How do you roleplay a character with char 5 but with student of philosophy trait?

>Kensai get two versions of Fighter Training at once for some reason (the OG half level one and then the magus level -3 one)
>it wants you to pump up your Critical Confirm super high, then hands you Weapon Mastery which makes all that extra confirm useless
>only gets Weapon Focus as an attack roll booster, on an archetype that's supposed to be all about mastering one weapon
>it replaces spell recall with something completely and utterly worthless to everyone

It's not a bad archetype, per-se, but it feels like they didn't quite think half of it through and makes me wish they had gone back and revised it a little.
IMO, should have given you effective weapon training in 1 weapon at 4th and 10th, in place of Spell Recall and the original Fighter Training, capping at either +2 at 10th or +3 at 16th. Maybe that's just me though.

>that feel when there will never be a fantasy version of Starfinder
Why even live?

I like how unchained poisons separate the two

Confused: A character who's confused by Wisdom poison has difficulty processing reality and is dangerous to herself and others. Each round, she rolls on the chart from the confusion spell to determine her actions.

Pliable: A character rendered pliable by Charisma poison has little sense of self and will go along with nearly anything. Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks automatically succeed against a pliable character, except Diplomacy checks to improve a pliable character's attitude, which have the normal DC. This still does not allow characters to whom the pliable character is unfriendly or hostile to make requests of the pliable character using Diplomacy.

Sense Motive is Wisdom based. Charisma has nothing to do with being gullible or how hard you are to trick.

Eh, fine. I just hoped to hear some opinions.
Pls no bully.

Sense motive is a badly written skill anyway

Reminder that Charisma is the weakest stat

We'll stop bullying when you stop self-shilling your shitty snowflakes.

And Charisma is a badly written stat.
This isn't a controversial opinion. At all.

I don't even self-shill that much compared to most.
I posted what, two times in two threads?

Wizard, Arcanist, URogue (Hidden Blade, Eldritch Scoundrel), or Magus for going into Technomancer PrC? It's for an Iron Gods game, so I know that technological items will be important, at least.

Mental attributes are hacky to begin with

Except for Undead Sorcerers.

I'm surprised you still play PF.

4e games are too hard to find. I'd play 4e if it wasn't as hard to find 4e games..

Why would you even want a fantasy version of Starfinder?

4e is a dead system, abandoned by WotC and their fanbase.

>charisma is a garbage stat by default
>literally can't even face properly because you need Sense Motive, a Wisdom skill, in order to face
>there's so many "Cha-to-x" things thrown around in 3pp that people are wary of trying to write anything for it now
>everyone terrified that making something that uses charisma will just result in a horrifying dip heavy abomination for uber-Cha-SADness

I like it. That's all there is to it.

What do you guys think of Tuvarkz's S&S character, Josef Rohrbach?

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5356459/crewmembers/?pageforid=5366342#post-5366342

There is literally nothing wrong with Dip heavy builds as long as the fluff isn't getting fucked up.

>you can get all face-skills (Sense Motive, Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate) int-based
>you can get them all wis-based
>you can't get them all cha-based
Charisma is unironically the worst stat for being face, and it's beaten at that by both the other two stats. It's ridiculous.

Have you actually played 15806 hours of Pathfinder in the last 18 months or is that a bug?

It is not charisma's fault they made it too easy to bypass

I mean of roll20

Just Living Campaign things.
I've been a DM in a Living Campaign for most of that time, so I had a tab open 24/7 to be able to respond to questions and help people aho have various issues in real-time.
I'm not sure why it's more hours than there have been hours total since account creation, though - that's a bug of some sorts.

>Starfinder coming out soon
>Group doesn't want to play anything but 5e
Guess it's time to hit the books. Probably time to mix up Starfinder and Spelljammer, or better yet find another new group

Yes, but the players who DON'T want to be dipping in pathfinder get fucked, and that's fucking stupid. I shouldn't need 5 class dips to make Charisma worthwhile when I can monoclass Int or Wis and come out ahead anyway.

DM for /pfg/!

>tfw Luculeia is the only S&S character that actually feels like a nautical-themed pirate

Look up Dragonstar stuff, has some cool and indepth tech rules.

It got to this point because players wanted to avoid any penalty for dumping charisma and writers just gave people what they cried for

Seriously? Of all the systems to scoff at, Starfinder seems the oddest - it's basically an improved version of Pathfinder set in a sci-fi setting, who doesn't want to taste that after so much fantasy?

But lots of the characters are nautical themed...

I got a friend who hates scifi unless it is cyberpunk

I mean as abilities the swaps make logical sense.

Well maybe you got 2 seconds for every second you had two campaigns open? Thanks for the answer.

>Well maybe you got 2 seconds for every second you had two campaigns open?
Probably.
I sometimes had the Living Campaign open in the background so I could quickly respond to stuff while playing in other campaigns.

But there is literally no 1pp trait or even feat to get Charisma to anything except damage for Starknives.

Why are you shilling for S&S if you're not the GM?

Your friend has good taste, but a horribly closed mind to new genres.

Everyone else feels like water monsters that just so happen to get on a ship... Or people that have absolutely nothing to do with the sea, and somehow find themselves on a ship.

Only if you stretch it a bit.
Philosophy working on bluff requires pretty big spinning

They're just extremely lazy and hate learning new things.

Danke.

Nooot too confident in my skills, but it might be worth giving a shot in the future.

The swaps make sense, but it should be a two-way street.

There's a trait to get Charisma to Knowledge: Planes, other than that "get fucked" because Steadfast Personality for Mind-affecting effects is the closest you'll get to Cha-to-Will outside of class features.

Exactly, why shill for S&S when you could be shilling for Intrigue?

I'm shilling for S&S?
I only had two posts over two threads that were even remotely related to S&S at all. Both posts were asking people for opinions on my character, not shilling S&S.

>Need Sense Motive to face
No not really it's totally fine for the healer to handle that, or even just to be totally blind.

Pen me your keif merchant.

I am actively shilling for Intrigue, though.

If you shill me we're not friends anymore.

*shills u*
Nothing personnel, kid.

I get my Cha to AC three times by lvl 20, Paizo only, but sure d00d

>players come to session
>they take their sheets and sit down at the table
>GM's been pretty quiet
>someone asks him a question
>he opens his mouth
>and eats the players
>it was a mimic Gamemaster

So my friend's character's family are dead and he wants to resurrect them. I introduced several generic adventure hooks for how he could go about accomplishing this, but he wants to fight a noble djinn to get 3 wishes and use them to resurrect his mother father and sister. Three wishes, and three of his family are dead. I figure its fitting. The problem is, he is a bit cocky about beating this thing. So I am thinking, hmmm maybe I should buff this thing up a bit with sorcerer levels. Because (1) I think it's retarded that something capable of giving out 3 wishes is only CR 8, and (2) I think him giving them a cool quest on an elemental plane of air when none of us have ever had characters on another plane before in any of our campaigns, would be better.

Is that railroading / dick GM territory? What's your opinion, /pfg/?

How? And don't tell me you're stacking Oracle and Scaled Monk because those DON'T stack.

Not at all. Unless you're trying to be delibrately obtuse.
That's just it though. Int and Wisdom to Cha skills make sense but Cha to Int and Wisdom doesn't. This is more of an issue of Charisma just being a worthless thing inherently in terms of mechanics and thematics.

Charisma by default, isn't a stat representing competence in a certain area and by default isn't actually used to achieve anything. It's the stat for getting people to do things FOR YOU, which is kinda bad when you're a PC that's expected to contribute things other than a pretty face.

>games getting to level 20 and lasting
>ever

It happens IRL

Elaborate
How can philosophical thinking help you lie.

I don't like her much. She feels shoehorned in, more than most of the other characters.

For good examples, I think Vasad has actual effort put into his constructino and I like that someone actually used Vudra. Rekina isn't stellar as a character, but the player knows what they want and is honest about it. Tomas, by the same token, is also pretty sexy...and I've got a soft spot for that stupid fucking potoo.

Knowledge of Human Nature, Psychology, etc. Which as someone who has interest in philosophy, probably have experience with.

>What is Clever Wordplay/Cunning Liar/Student of Philosophy/Orator?

A character that will never be seen in a "proper" campaign?

You're personality is still the same.

Charisma can be a vague, poorly thought out measure of your "force of personality", "like-able-ness" and how well you can just say the right thing without needing to think, and innate magical abilities... Or... Something. Confidence, luck, self-belief.
>You just BELIEVE so hard you can see the truth, you get Cha-based Perception/Sense Motive by some bizarre magic twisting of your absurd Chuuni belief into reality
>You have an innate sense of how magic works, getting you Charisma-based Spellcraft
>You're so confident that your mind unconsciously fights back against magic, giving you Charisma-based Will saves

Basically it's so vague and poorly thought out you can in fact still justify it. Because otherwise the wisdom justifications would make no fucking sense either.

>A character that will never be seen in a "proper" campaign?
Not the person you're replying to, but:
I'm literally using Student of the Philosophy in an ongoing /pfg/ campaign.

Those are not the branches of philosophy
Philosophy is more about asking the very broad questions, like "Is reality real?" or "What ought man do in his life?"
Those that you listed are much more focused, narrower fields of science