Meanwhile on Dragon Veeky Forums

Previous thread: I've been thinking about getting some kobolds myself and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Anecdotes and advice for prolonged care would be nice as well.

Don't let them touch power tools. Also keep their breeding in check. You'll go to sleep with five and wake up with an omelette factory. Oh, and they don't like being electrocuted. Those little squeeky noises aren't meant to be encouraging apparently.

Apparently there is this legend among the mortals of kobolds in service of a dragon whose been referred to as "Tucker" by said mortals.

Apparently, they are so effective their tribe could contend with adventurers many times their strength. I would imagine you would want to aim somewhere around there, effective and independent enough to be able to effectively defend your lair with only minimum supervision, yet not so much so that they would get the not-so-bright idea of turning against you.

Make sure they are the ones that like to make traps and are very good at sneaking around this will make a huge difference in the long term and make them viable for defending your layer against all types of intruders. Self sufficiency is very desirable as well. Make sure to select the initial stock for intelligence and loyalty.

Well, if it gets really bad, you can always eat them. Honestly, mine might fuck a bit too much, but being eaten is considered a good thing for the crazy little fuck engines.
This should go without saying, but if you have kids, don't be surprised if they get attached to them if you treat them too nicely. Kobolds can be a good first pet for a young dragon since they die so fast.

Kobolds are terrible help.
Get something good like Minatars or Drow or something that's scary to humans.

Drow are horrible houseguests. I don't understand how Purples tolerate them. All they do is sit in the corner moping and molesting the insect life. And minotaurs are just... disgusting. I can't eat the humans when they're covered in.. fluids.

Kobolds are at least decently loyal and easy to replace when they get lost, killed by train ghosts, or dragged into the Sub-Basement by Nulkalaz the Forgotten Abarrent

What the fuck are wrong with the ones you've met?
My servants are well behaved.
It may be because i raised them from birth after destroying they're parents city as i was bored but still.

Living in an abandoned subway may have something to do with it. This isn't really an area with great exposure. I blame the kids.

Ok, so quick question: how are half dragons made? One of my vassals keeps askig me this shit and i have never ever touched another dragon in that way. If i pull out will our mating result in a half-dragon because i never finished the act? She keeps telling me how she would love to have a couple of them, but i have no idea how and i don't want to appear weak.

Drow are awful minions, they have almost no loyalty and it is almost certain that they will rebel against you eventually.
Minotaurs are equally bad, mainly because they are fucking unpredictable one minute intelligent, loyal intelligent minions, the next blood thirsty savages. Not to mention the fact that they will turn your lair into a labyrinth.
Kobolds are loyal, disposable and are great at maintaining your lair, not to mention that they are pretty crafty, just make sure you get the right kind or they will be very stupid and annoying.

Oh yes. I hate it when i sleep to long and the humans make flying ships and such.
Usually i just go to another plane with my gold and find another mountain.
Keeps me busy.
Oh my. Another young one that doesn't know how Dragon Anatomy works.
I remember the days.
Oh my friend, raising them from birth does lots to keep them nice and obedient.
And i do use kobolds, i just believe in variety.

She wants the D.
-ragon.

Oh really? I prefer this world personally. Although the neon rain the burns and the sludge demons are starting to get a bit frustrating. Just that time of the year I suppose.

Eh, i chilled in a advanced world for awhile.
People freaked out when i broke out of my cave.
It was fun.
I sat in a 'Park' and let the tiny humans ask questions.
And yes, sludge daemons are a pain. You cant eat or roast them without getting a bad taste in your mouth or a bigger problem.
Oh how life was simple before all the two legged races started making technology .

I'm content for the most part. It's adorable how many of them come down here with there magneticly accelerated tungsten rods and their aether bombs and expect to just rampage through my domain. And watching a kobold learning to use a P.E.P. system is a great way to kill a few hours.

>TFW intelligent white dragon that got bored of his retarded cousins and family
>TFW trying to figure out where to move too so that your family stops trying to take your hoard.
guys help, it can be interplanetary, i don't give a shit, whats a good place to pick up better knowledge since i'm currently trying to collect as many books as possible.

I have the internet. I belie the Great Archive is still up somewhere in District I, but you'd have to have a referral to get in there. The University of Destinger has a good IT and Applied Pyromancy program.

Raising them from birth changes everything. That's for every species, I evaluated minions coming from natural populations.
Wow, that's what it will be like in the future? I
often forget that dragons from all across time and space can post here.

i have a question to ask you guys
half dragons are cute or are they ugly lizard fucks?
i wanna play a halfbreed cute redhead waifu

>I've been thinking about getting some kobolds myself and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Anecdotes and advice for prolonged care would be nice as well.

Seriously stop.

You are a dragon capable of shapeshifting.

Utilize that to gather competent followers.

I started a martial arts monastery, raised a few elven and human orphans as martial artists and had them guard several ''secret grounds'' one of which (one of the non conspicious prison towers) is my lair.

For the rest i appointed a loyal deputy whom i've sired in elven form.

I've put up some general tennets that will build a good reputation without drawing in trouble and even created.

And i specially erected a library and ''secret treasure trove'' with shit i don't need and fragmented records to serve as a diversion.

Let's not forget that this is on top of a mountain surrounded by a labyrinth full of magical traps and finally covered by a magical barier so nobody can acess it from above or below.

I've also specifically hardened and enchanted every single rock on the mountain to keep away the pesky dvarwes.

Well, a future anyway. I'll spare you the details, but if you ever hear your humans talking about 'artificial intelligence', you nip that shit in the bud.

Well shit...

Try and talk to some wizard to make some deals in turn for teaching you how to polymorph first.

Being able to shapeshift into humanoids is quite usefull when you want to gather knowledge.

Heck Steel dragons do it since birth and live out the lives of their humanoid personas including simulating death and then take on another newborn persona to simulate rebirth... Steel dragons are wierd...

Kobolds are very competent if you take the time to find the right ones or just eat the stupid ones. However, that's a very good setup you've got there, you're a proper dragon.
Good to know, if I don't sleep through that, that is.

This Dranganon knows what he is doing.
Take notes.
Eh, i dont know. Ive met A.I.s before.
Only about one in ten are/go crazy.
Hey, i resent that.

Let's settle this. Are they fellow dragons worthy of respect, or not?

Yes, this isn't an argument, this conclusion has been come to numerous times.

Oh I've seen these things before. Far in the eastern lands, they've formed a parliament that rules over the land in a oligarchical council holding internal factions divided by chromatic race and population, with realms of administration portioned out to them based on racial ability.

And then the black ones launched nukes.

I had a battle with one.
He was a worthy opponent.
I raised his young in respect for him.

Is it wrong to nail your kobolds?

Uh, Draganon?
Uh.
I, i, in all my years i have never heard of that happening.

Human here, how do I get a dragon gf that loves me for me and not for my inherited treasure?

Dragon here. You don't.

YOU, dont get to chose, SHE does.
And she will still want your treasure IF, she wants you.
IF being a big part.
Not impossible, but the point stands, unlikely.

Has anyone got any mortals that you favor?
>Male Human named Johnathan
>Really nice guy, a total bro
>Talks about becoming a bard
>Convince him to become a warlock, bards a shit
>Get him to come to me in my dragon form and I become his patron

He still doesn't know that his long time friend is also his patron, and I am thinking of telling him sometime soon. It should go well, I haven't made him do weird shit or anything. If anything, he uses the power I give him to be even more of a bro, saving people and conjuring up chairs and drinks for me and him from time to time. Better yet, he is getting pretty good as a warlock.

Y'all niggas need Tiamat

No... after all Deekin is cool

i've successfully slain five full-grown dragons, as well as one ancient dragon, and looted their hoards completely. further, i have stolen the major magical items from two others'. ask me anything.

The District 6 head is an interesting woman. Has the unfortunate job of ruling over the layer of the city where the tourism and glamour ends and the actual city starts shining through in all it's bitterly cynical glory. Poor thing has a bounty on her head high enough that her own officers are getting subversive. Or they were anyway. Public executions, when used sparingly and effectively, tend to drop moral quickly. I had the 'bolds send her a fruit basket.

What are you smoking and can I get a bag in the grim darkness of what 1979 thought 2003 would look like

i'm smoking some dragon jerky, actually.

Do I get that from 7-11 or do I need to go to one of those uppity specialty places in the Tops to get some?

I wouldn't say no if she offered, but "Need" is a little strong.

Make sure to get males only, to prevent paying child support form your horde to the mutant half breeds.

With nails or your dong?
Actual nails work fine as part of a punishment. Just attach the offender to the wall or floor for a few hours.
As for your dong, well. Just ask yourself whether you want some half kobold spawn about the place.

Oh you sweet summer whelp. Come here so I can pinch your cheeks. Hahaha, just do an aethersearch youngun, you'll learn something.

Give up your inherited treasure and go wooing?
Or maybe just accept that most dragons are big into treasure and let that be part of your charm.

There's an old, mostly retired wizard living nearby enough to call neighbour. He introduced himself when he moved in and we hit it off. Right character he is, mad as a stabbed minotaur and totally unrepentant about it. Was a research-y type for a kingdom a few countries over for a few generations worth. He's still pretty well known in the local region for a few invention so the kiddy wizards come around every now and again looking for a leg up. After the first couple we started up a friendly competition to see who could come up with the most ridiculous test of worth for the brats. Great guy.

Bah! If I want to see five dragons in a screeching argument I can just go and ask my great-grandkids about their lair defences. The mechanical/magic divide is a hotly contested issue, I'll have you know.

no. slanty winged bastards aren't any higher up the evolutionary Scale than Wyverns.

cuck

It's wrong to NOT nail your kobolds.

The dragons on this board care about maintaining their hoards; this is why we fuck other male dragons, or kobolds exclusively; so no nightmarish she-wing comes along to take our gold.

>not kidnaping princesses and fucking them into submition so you can have an educated housemaid AND the ransom
You are gay AND wrong.

How the flying hell do you copulate with your kobold underlings without breaking them?

Are you the degenerates that /dragonpol/ warned me about?

Use magic.
It's the answer to all your problems.

Very carefully. Or just use 20 at once. I believe that also answers your second question.

that just brings armies, naive boyfriends, and pissed off dads with real combat experience to your door. not worth the headache.

>not taking the princess to a fake lair, then transforming her into a dragon and sneaking away when they come to rescue her

GTFO human.
Unless you manage to get Bahamut to grant you a wish to be reborn as a Dragon i don't see it happening.

I'm an adult Red and i say fuck that loose slut.

She hasn't managed to get laid with Bahamut despite so many aeons passing.

Brb...Going on a raping spree to see what happens when a chromatic actually fucks some metalics.

now you've just got a female dragon. good job. you fucked up 100%. enjoy your miserable life and innevitable poverty

You don't take her with you when you escape.

Black dragon here. I have a huge tribe of bullywogs that patrol my slowly expanding swamp and my lair, but I worry that with the warring vampires and humans nearby, they may try to turn my swamp into a battleground and make a mess of things.

Anyone recommend any minions to supplement my lair? Also to the green who lives two valleys over, the human king knows you jacked his daughter. The vampire lord also thinks you took his hot wife.

i think we have different goals in our living fleshlights

Are you abl to cast spells? If so, you could try for some constructs outfitted with really nasty abilities that would take advantage of the swamp; think like tentacles with clinging barbs on them to drag peopple underwater.

Otherwise you could always offer shelter to outcast hags and such, and have them brew up shit to go among the humans and poison them all. Also you COULD if you felt confident enough, bring in a rogue vampire or two under the protection of the swamp.

Green here, it's part of a scheme to get them to go to war, don't worry about it. They'll come for me in my forest, pissing off the elves and the fey who will lash out with brutal force against anything they find encroaching on their precious woods.

INCLUDING THIS DAMNED MARSH THAT KEEPS EXPANDING NO MATTER WHAT THE FUCK I DO.

FOR.
SOME.
REASON.

Spells I have done, just feel like I need a little more.

The marsh is my bad, tricked a witch to curse the lands and had it backfire. Planned has worked a little too well if it's encroaching in your space.

Paving city streets with gold Yes/No?

Gold is too soft, it looks great until people start dragging carts over it. Iridium on the other hand will hold that finish for years.

Doesn't Iridium devalue princesses?

Just use Flesh to Stone.
Always!

So quick update about the human library. I visited the kingdom and spoke with the leaders. I heavily suggested they should change the name of their "Grand Library" to include public or make the title not so grand as to strongly suggest they should stop calling it the greatest library of all time. The meeting went well, they definitely got the hint however as I was leaving I noticed I was being followed by 6 humans. I slipped into a nearby tavern, where I am now but I can tell they're watching, waiting for me to move. I have to say this is exciting, I haven't done anything other than collecting, sorting, and reading for the past 400 years. What should I do, make go on a wild goose chase? Mess with them a bit? Also I should mention that no one except for a select few individuals know that I'm a Dragon, the people of this area believe that the Dragons left about 1700 years now (which is when I came to this area, had to deal with a few not so respectful Dragons that year unfortunately). I would like to keep my presence here unknown so keeping this in human form.

I have a small group of Elven scholars under my employ to assist in managing my library. One in particular stands out
>Female High Elf named Gelhael
>Was a high ranking scholar in Elven society
>Elves were the first people I visited
>She immediately catches my eye when I arrive
>Listen to many of her lectures about various subjects
>Finally get a chance to speak to her
>She is frustrated with high Elven society due to them focusing mostly on just magic and magic accessories
>Reveal my true form to her and offer her something greater
>Jumps at the chance
>She was the first person I selected to assist me and is irreplaceable to me and my library.
>Total bro, got me sweet elf connections for books other stuff.
>Great person to talk to and have debates with about various topics as well as someone to bounce my plans and ideas off of.

Nah, can't sleep on it that way and it'll get dirty and ruined