/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!lWxBURzL!CLKmaz8k1jq7rVeyVXLjFw
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=hMcBOvOuhoY
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sea_Elves
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's everyone's favorite TWW model?

ded thread

ded gaem

if anybody is still looking for Black Library novels that aren't in the links above, here's a few more from my collection. There's some which are only in text files, and there's still a few missing, but that should be most of them

mega.nz/#F!lWxBURzL!CLKmaz8k1jq7rVeyVXLjFw

Still waiting for Tomb Kings and Chaos Dwarfs in TW WH.

Wont be here till game three. And they'l be using Forgewords take on them.

What would you add to Endhammer?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

Also have a Silmarillion Metal Opera for your trouble.

youtube.com/watch?v=hMcBOvOuhoY

Is having a guro fetish slaaneshi or khornate?

this might sound a bit weeaboo (or Chinese-aboo), but could there be a Cathayan faction in the Old World? There's something in the last End Times book about the remnants of Cathayan civilisation fleeing Grimgor in a great fleet, "never to be seen again", but what if they turned up in the Old World, and formed a New Cathay or something?

Take this shit out of here.

Khorne is about honor in combat. Prolonging the kill through guro torture fetishes is just an insult to him.

Sure? But I think Endhammer is focused on existing factions.

Slaaneshi, without out a doubt. Why is this even a question?

oh, in that case
>Sigmar-worshipping Marauders: after witnessing the defeat of Archaon at the hands of Sigmar, a number of tribes have turned their worship to that of Sigmar. Given their barbarity, this has mostly resulted in human sacrifice performed with facsimiles of Ghal Maraz and brutal merciless war against all to catch the eye of Sigmar

>in Bretonnia, the Elves start expanding into human territories, forming racial caste systems with humans providing the labour force. In some areas, they are considered more lenient rulers than their previous Bretonnian overlords

>in Karak Norn, the son of Belegar of Karak Eight Peaks has begun to reach manhood, growing his beard hairs. Already, he is acclaimed as a mighty warrior and an heir to Grungni by some, but many others worry about his influence and direction, potentially dooming what is left of the Dwarfs

that smug smile sells it for me.
Someone at CA really likes feet.

Lol. The first one is kinda already in there -- the Norscan of Salkalten,

god damn it

but is everything ok/interesting/not faggoty?

I'd actually have to say pegasi - I like how they look, and the fact that they kind of 'run' as they fly is cute. It makes knights or lords really stand out. Generally they did a really good job at making the more exotic mounts and creatures come to life, like demigryphs, trolls, Chaos Spawn...

Are you one of those people who were obsessing over the Fay Enchantress on /twg/?

Forgeworlds minis decent

They went from ancient mesopotamians to just spiky boyz, that's some boring-ass shit.

I agree, thought CD fans (all ten of them anyway) seem to be really mixed on them.

You'll have to ask the elf people. They freak out about any possible change.

As for Belegar's son... sounds fine? Didn't know he had a son.

he's only mentioned in Black Library novels. His mum (Kemmi something) is pregnant with him in Thorgrim, and he's around 12 years old in End Times: Thanquol, where he dies in the final siege of Karak Eight Peaks

So, what do y'all suppose could get a female dwarf to take the Slayer Oath, if we assume said dwarf woman was pretty average for her sex before the incident (e.g., not a ranger, mercenary, Imperial dwarf, etc)?

Infertile.

CA has been making good feet since rome 2 at least.
Plus Enchantress has the best feet.

By enchantress I mean spellsinger.

They're not horrible, they're well designed and all, they're just more Chaos and less Mesopotamian, which is a little bit boring when we've already seen Chaos a lot. I kind of hope CA will take a chance to take things in a new direction, but they don't seem that interested in being that creative, just wanting to use designs given to them in creative ways rather than make their own designs.

But at the same time, some of the old GW minis don't seem to have aged all that well. Looking at them quick I like the line dwarves well enough, but the Great Taurus is literally a bull with wings, not even trying to be anything else.

Technically anything that could make a male dwarf become a slayer - a great tragedy, a personal shame. I think one dwarf became a slayer because of the loss of his son, so a female dwarf could easily have the same backstory. But...don't quote me on this, because I can't remember where I read it, but I think the Slayer stuff is a male-only thing for a big reason, since a lot of male dwarves are under a lot of pressure and most don't ever get children because of the skewed ratio of sexes, so the Slayer Oath becomes one of the main ways a dwarf with no future and no continuation of his family line can do something to be remembered if he's not a skilled craftsman.

She has same body and animation as Spellsinger.

I don't think it's ever explicitly stated a woman can't take the slayer oath, but I can think of literally no examples of it ever happening. Still, dwarfen women are as honor-bound as the men. The slayer oath isn't about utility, it's about restoring honor.

Great for Endhammer, then.

As for the Norscan ideas -- if you look into the discussion and find "Olaf God-Hater," it's the concept for the Norscan "Sigmarite."

Essentially, like most Warhammer characters, he's a bunch of historical/legendary tropes mashed together. A little bit of Beowulf. A little bit of Rollo, Duke of Normandy. The idea, it seems, was you could take him as a Lord and then use Marauders in an Empire army. Or some mix of Marauders and Empire.

There was some talk, in the threads, about making him Harry the Hammer (hence the part about killing the undead). But the Beowulf part comes in with him finding the Runefang of one of the fallen Elector-Counts and using it to kill a Chaos Troll or Spawn which has made its den in Salkalten -- then taking the town with his host of Marauders and begining to let surviving Ostlander refugees behind the pallisade.

>basically fucking deleting Bretonnia

I say nay.

They still have the old style, it's just given to the sorcerers and enjeinners, aka the upper classes of Dawi Zhar society. The Infernal Guard are front line grunts, elite front line grunts, but grunts nonetheless, of course they don't have giant hats.

not deleting it, just the Elves start expanding outwards, with the Bretonnians contesting it

but ss shows a lot more leg.

Lore question. Who is stronger, a vampire lord or a chaos lord?

The guy with the most artillery firing on their position.

That would be equal fight, also vampires are very hard to corrupt so maybe vampire.

On average that's really tough to say. Overall Chaos has had stronger lords that have threatened civilization itself, more often than vampires, but if you put two nobody lords together it's anyone's game.

Why would the elves, the wood elves in particular, keep the humans around?
I'd think they'd kill them or something.
Besides, doesn't Bretonnia have a sizeable high elf colony in one of its ports?

But they could've added the Mesopotamian shit in other ways, you know? Mesopotamians could be very fancy.

thats the empire and marienburg.
The empire also has elves living in it.
And hobbits and dorfs and ogres and a few giants.

The empire is comfy.

Empire is best, it has confirmed half elves in it. Asur > Asrai.

All of the original vampire lords are alive, even the ones who got killed.

Not a single previous everchosen is alive.

Food for thought.

the empire also has wood elves in the parts surrounding nordland.

I can't honestly be sure. L'Anguille talks about a lighthouse that High Elves regularly come to visit, but I'm not sure if any actually live there like they do with Marienburg, in a merchantile or diplomatic sense. Though overall a pretty nice book, sometimes Knights of the Grail can be frustrating with details like that it barely goes into. Sometimes I feel like I have a better picture of Bretonnian society before reading it compared to after.

Pegasi are just horses with wings.

Bretonnia has a lot of Sea Elves.

I am also against elves expanding in Bretonnia.

who the fuck is talking about expansions?
you niggers aren't reviving endhammer cancer are you?

I think it's mean to leave the little details to the GM to fill in. Like the Donjon of Dol, what is it? I say 'Magneto Prison' as it held the Fey Enchantress during the days of the False Grail Incident. Though I can see what you're saying, it's like an inverse of Sigmar's Heirs where it had no details on the Elector Counts but had stats on villages and towns outside of the capitals.

Shut your whore mouth.

Aren't there also some Wood Elves in Kislev, quads?

Pretty sure the Laurelorn elves aren't Wood Elves per se - they don't have that same connection to the forest the Wood Elves do, they just live in it. They're more like forest High Elves, if that makes any sense.

A great many cities have elven districts that are permanent, so it wouldn't be a surprise. Erengrad, Altdorf, Nuln, Marienburg (of course)...

Don't capitalize sea elves, it's not a real thing in Warhammer.

Its name of Asur sailors.

>empire has half elves
I guess cowering in fear huddled up around a fire inside of a fortified city while all sorts of horrible creatures prowl the night is a good way of getting even the high elves to put out.

It's as much a name as High Elves, Dark Elves and Wood Elves. Simplified names for a group of sundered peoples. It's a name you'd likely never hear an elf say unless they were speaking to humans, calling themselves Asur, Druchii or Asrai.

Yes, but they don't interact with humans almost at all, just occasionally appearing out of the forests to massacre kyazak or Chaos armies. The Kislevites leave them along. The social elves of Kislev can be found in Erengrad.

Frankly the elves of Kislev can't pull the usual bullshit they might elsewhere, this land is not theirs and never really has been. The Gospodarin and Ungols understand it at a spiritual level.

It's not.

It's how a lot of Imperials refer to High Elves who come to trade by sea.

fuck you

Source?

you know it.
>its cold
>you give the high elf chick an extra set of blankets because she is skinny
>you start to freeze.
>she invites you to share the blankets because there is space for both.
>you can hear beastmen roaring outside.
>afraid you take her hands and realise that she is as scared as you are.
>both of you start feeling drowsy and try to spoon for comfortable positions.
>wake up next morning and see that the two of you are naked and the room smells like cum.

The one confirmed is son of high elf ranger and human peasant woman.

>peasant
Damn that's romantic.

Early Warhammer.

Lots of 1st edition stuff makes reference to them.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sea_Elves

>There's a beastman in your kitchen nook, making coffee for everyone.

*halfling.
I really like halflings. They are cute and make good food.

>tfw no fighting cocks

CA should make comedic DLC with Leitdorf and halflings.

they will get added eventually. If we are getting fimir, we are getting halflings.

His advisor is his horse instead of the old man.

And a skilled advisor at that.

It's the old man just making horse noises.

Should Throgg get a diplomacy bonus with beastmen?

>Later editions disposed of the Sea Elves, instead folding their elements into the High Elves.

1st edition didn't even have the Empire.

First edition WFRP, I imagine, not first edition WFB.

>head
Should be balls.

It is WFRP 1st edition. The shit-heel is being disigenuous

Irrelevant fluff then.

>look at this fucking retard

why the fuck do my pure bretonian knights have brothels?

they aren't pure.

come here knave, I wish to have words with you

What's the difference between Bretonnian knight and dog? Dogs don't get pegged by dryads.

It's called Bordeleaux.

So am I to understand that the armies in Total War Warhammer 1 will NOT be in Total War Warhammer 2?

>getting pegged by tit trees
>bad
Reikshitters, not even once.

Not playable, but there will be Vampire Counts, Greenskins, Dwarfs and Empire in Lustria.

FOR THE LADY!

>"BEGONE, THOT!"

Interesting game mechanic I guess...though you don't really ever need one, since you tend to have pretty good control in provinces, and it's better to focus on economics, since your tech focuses that way anyway.

What if Chaos would win? What is your headcanon?

Eventually the end of everything. It's something I used in a WFRP campaign. Or, at least, something the main antagonist escaped from and was desperately trying to prevent.

chaos doesnt win

end game is the flying pepes finally get their shit together and kill all chaoscucks with mind bullets and then makes the barrier between the world and the chaos realms much stronger

Have there been any more details about WFRP 4E beyond "it's going to happen"?

Not yet. They're taking a page from the 'Bannerlord Hype: A How To" book.