Felinids

I'm confused Veeky Forums. Are Felinids from 40k more like furries or anime cat people? I have yet to find a canonical depiction of them. Also, is it heresy to diddle them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iUuvHPr4BGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is literally no information on them beyond the fact they exist, they're an Abhuman species, and their name incorporates Hirsutis, meaning "hairy".

In all logic and knowing how 40K works, they're more like furries - 40K is not the kind of setting where catgirl amazons are allowed.

And yes, it's heresy to diddle them. Beyond the fact they're abhumans, this is 40K: it's heresy to do anything pleasant.

Well, shit.

They're furries, and you can't diddle them. So far they don't seem to have any redeeming qualities.

>it's heresy to do anything pleasant
>implying killing the enemies of mankind and dying for the emperor isn't pleasant

youtube.com/watch?v=iUuvHPr4BGk

I'm sorry.

Can I diddle a Ratling chick I hear they are monsters in the sack?

light covering of fur deployed to deep normal guardsmen regiments warm at night via snuggling

I guess they could be alright after all.

I've seen that one. It's the whole reason I'm asking in the first place.

Anime catgirls: cute but not likely, needs more grimdark

Fuzzy Humans: sufficiently grimdark but boring

Full Larry Niven: Too alien to be considered merely abhuman or even merely mutant for that matter

I'm going to assume a middleground of fuzzy anime girl until proven otherwise

If they were legit furries they'd be purged. That's too mutant to be considered abhuman by most Imperial authorities. Even Ogryns are honestly pushing it slightly, fully furred cat people would get the blam immediately.

They're probably like D&D Shifters.

They're just Hobbits my nigga.

So is that a yes or a no on fucking one?

I presume that felinids are Treasure Planet-style space catgirls because it is my fetish.

I'd like to imagine a Rouge Trader would have a felinid crew member dressed like the ones from Treasure Planet.

Excellent taste.

Don't listen to the furfags. If felinids were that far gone, they'd be labeled as beastmen.

It was decided long ago that felinids are 80s hair band catgirls, a la the puma sisters.

Well they can't fit inside your Larry Niven catergory, as GW considered them abhuman, not Xenos. Their scientific name (in universe) is Homo sapiens hirsuitus - considering that this pattern matches that of other abhumans in 40k, then they must be abhuman.

The Puma Twins are androids.

>It was decided long ago
You keep saying this but you're the only one who has ever decided this.

What are you even on about, we already know they're abhumans.

>it was decided
unilaterally, most likely

Classic wolfman style makes the most sense. It's a mutation we've actually seen occur in real life.

Seeing as Ab humans that are deviated too far from the norm I'd say Felenids are likely human in shape with minor feline features.

canonical pic of a felinid imperial guards(wo)man

>Even Ogryns are honestly pushing it slightly,

Not really, no. They're still close enough to humanity to be considered a relative. Yes, they're fuckhuge, but then again so is Shaq if you put him next to a 70yo Korean woman, and they're both the same species. It's not unreasonable to have near-humans be as big as Ogryns are.

They are also insanely useful, and their stupidity makes them very easy to train and depend upon for simple, high-intensity tasks requiring brute force.

Cat from Red Dwarf.

This

There are legit furries that the imperium uses, all manner of anthro abominations that are collectively referred to as 'beastmen'. They are actually over the line and would be purged if it weren't for the fact that they've been indoctrinated by the imperium and are suicidally devoted to the emperor. As things are, they have no rights and are used as, well, suicidal cannon fodder.

Wasn't in one of the Night Lords books (not the ADB ones) a ganger who looked like a Ogryn but was a normal human in reality (And that was the easiest way to piss him off)?

They're not permitted to serve in the Guard, anymore, since beastmen are a legit Chaotic mutation. The Imperium doesn't have a problem with stable environmental adaptations, though, and there's precedent for DAoT genemodded humanity. Pic related.

There are no wolves in this image.

They can't be full furry, so I would say their overall shape is fully human. No digitigrade limbs, and the face is probably 90-95% human. If it wasn't they would be labeled as mutants and be blammed in short order.

They may have a tail, and ears may be pushing it (Ogryns are pushing it, the only reason they are not blammed is because how useful they are). They are certainly hairy though. Probably look like they have Hypertrichosis, with maybe some bald spots near the face.

It doesn't take much for the Imperium to label something as a mutant and shoot it. Would just be executed on sight, no questions asked.

Define "canonical"

>ears may be pushing it

Ratlings have been depicted with rat ears so I am taking this as implicit endorsement for Felinid kitty ears

>They are certainly hairy though
Only evidence for this is the "scientific" name, which is not exactly solid.
Remember that GREENskins are Orcus Negrus

The genemodded human wolf fanwank is tiresome.

There are no wolves on Fenris because wolves don't grow to the size of a truck. The "wolves" are genetically engineered beasts designed to look like wolves.

You'd know this if you read FW.

>FW
>canon

Orcus Negrus are literally the 40k analog of WFB's Black Orcs.

The Canis Helix is DAoT genemod lycanthropy.

>All these people sucking the False Emperor's decrepit corpse-cock when they could be having glorious catgirl orgies with any modifications to their dick that they want - even tentacle limbs if that's their thing

>do you praise the Emperor nyan~

If lycanthropy is a DAoT genemod why did the chaos gods decide to throw Leman Russ onto Fenris? That's almost a semi rational decision on their part.

>40K is not the kind of setting where catgirl amazons are allowed.
You mean new 40k.

Well one of the HH white scars books mentions that among other things originally the Khan and the Phoenix where to end up on each others planets but the Gods intervened...so maybe.

It's not heresy if you're Rogue Trader

We went with "darkstalkers Felicia, but they shave" - protective patches of fur and magnificent 80s hair.

>They're still close enough to humanity to be considered a relative.

As are most mutants.

Ogryns are definitely seen as less than human, and are only really tolerated because they're useful.

They're probably pic relateds but more catlike.

That said, I do find it odd that GW specified 'felinid' rather than going with a more general animal or canine term. That does make me think they were at least jokingly implying catgirls.

you know thats actually pretty good. I'm thinking with a name like Hirsutius though they're full on old school wolfman

Considering the age and geography of most of GW's writers I suspect the felinids look something like

IMO the Imperium wouldn't tolerate that level of deviation from the human form.

They exist because someone, years ago, won a White Dwarf competition to have something of their choice permanently added to the canon.
A furfag won...

Yeah, I think that might be a bit too close into 'Beastman'. The Wulver idea isn't a bad idea as it's animalistic without being animal people (If that makes sense).

I wonder what it would be good to run as counts-as felinids in a 40k army. Maybe get the models with melee weapons and call them Death Cult Assassins (Explaining how non-temple assassins have superhuman statlines)

imo you're wrong lol

I think there's only two Wulver sculpts with a melee weapon, unfortunately.

Infinity models tend to look a little odd next to 40K ones due to the detail and realistic proportions.

>Infinity models tend to look a little odd next to 40K ones due to the detail and realistic proportions.

Yeah, though being an Abhuman would help the proportion worries a bit.

>I think there's only two Wulver sculpts with a melee weapon, unfortunately.

That's a pity.

well Think of TES Khajiit and Wing Commander Kilrathi

its not far fetched and its close to whatever the fuck the DAoT mankind would do

You could always pad out your force with their big brothers.

Though I'm not sure what I'd counts-as these guys as.

The two gun one could be a penitent engine.

Too big to be Ogryns?

I honestly forget how big they are, haven't seen anyone run Ogs in ages.

Not a clue, for the same reason.

Shit, is that actually the case?

I guess they probably are catgirls then. If it was a GW invention I'd have imagined them more along the lines of but if it was a fan that's almost certainly a cute girls thing.

...How does this guy's tattoo expand into the same shape on his wold form's chest, without stretching into a distended, unrecognizable mess of scar tissue?

He got tattoo'd whilst he was embiggened

These anons got me thinking : when was this supposed WD competition? Was it even later enough for furrits to be a thing? How do we know the winner wasn't a massive red dwarf fan, and had The Cat in mind, rather than some animu/furry bullshit?

Space cat people predate fur shittery, Niven was making them a staple of sci-fi in the 60s.

This

Nah look, the human model next to him is his normal form, and you can see the same tattoo - but smaller of course - peeking up out of his slav vest.

>you can see the same tattoo - but smaller of course

Well duh, the tattoos shrink with his skin when he de-embiggens.

>Shit, is that actually the case?
Yeah, you can trust user not to lie on the Internet, and you know he's telling the truth because he didn't need to post anything to back his statement up.

That's heresy.

Only 2 of these are acceptable to me. You get 1 guess.

You know what? I'm more confused than ever before. I'm going to say "Fugget" and say that catgirls are canon in 40k and it isn't heresy to diddle them.

If you like anything before ctarl ctarl you're a furfag

Hell no. They probably have pubic fleas.

I'd go from all the way to the left to second from the right.
Unless I am allowed to exchange that guy with an equally chocolatey female.

Erm, as
said, the Puma sisters were *androids*, they wouldn't have a biological taxonomic classification.

The Swat Kats/Thundereans aren't any more furry than a Ctarl-Ctarl.

Come to think of it they're probably even less heretical, since the Ctarl-Ctarl are werecats with like three forms

Nobody is saying carlos mcconnell is full of androids dumbass. They're saying the felinids look like them.

They have fur while the ctarl ctarl have skin (in the usual form) as well as having feline head/face structure, they're furry.

Space cat women of all stripes are exempted from "furry" classification due to predating the furry fandom and being a staple of scifi.

>predating the furry fandom
Good way to tell if someone is underage by if they seriously think "furry fandom" is some recent invention. That shit came long before Hanna Barbera and the cartoons people think of these days. If you actually went back and look at old sci-fi book covers, you'd see a pretty good amount of full-furry cat chicks, many of whom are showing off some full-frontal nudity as well (because the early nineties weren't prudes, or fucking Something Awful kiddies regurgitating old jokes).

Difference being that was plain old xenophilia, not "in every way except physical, I am a cat" lifestyle delusions.

The furry fandom only really came into being in the 80's. Fans co-opted a bunch of older stuff to increase their historicity when it wasn't really furry stuff.

Furries say the darnedest things. An anthro cat is an anthro cat, user. It's over the line. It belongs in the furnace. Simple.

Been offline is why!
The planet they are from is named for the bloke that won.
Try googling "past White Dwarf competitions" if you really feel a need to...

Why do you feel the need to lie like this?

H. sapiens hirsutus' first and only appearance was in the 6e rulebook.

They reprinted the appendices on abhumans in the 8th edition rulebook, too.

You love killing the enemies of mankind who once were the emperor finest men? That's KHORNE praise YOU HERETIC