Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

When was the last time your character got totally humiliated/embarrassed? How bad was it?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1cx6Q2UTfL9yR1Zbh8uy7ZFYzql6ZFDTppZ8AdeeNsbw/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/pistol-dragon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy Shit, starfinder pdfs are out. Scrub them and post already. Gimme gimme

What the fuck is that pic and why is it in the general op

I don't know how

Don't listen to that other guy this is the best OP picture yet. Finally some realistic tits.

That Witch has an absurdly large hat!

It's to counterbalance her absurdly large staff!

Read a book user it's called a sombrero

I eagerly await the latest on Lysander's Lamentations

Can someone post the Pathfinder Origins comic that was teased at in the last thread, and possibly some good depictions of Seoni's ass that verify whether or not she wears anything to cover it?

Reposting this from last thread, updated.

A slightly lewd CHAbinger based on lust and seduction, and mechanically transformative in how it becomes a debuff aggro/AoO puller.

Maybe it's decent!

But it's so silly! Why does a Witch need such a big hat or huge staff? She's already got enough counterbalance going with her frontloaded figure!

I thought sombreros were supposed to be made out of straw?

Where is DHB? He hasn't made a character since his WotR got shit all over in one of the threads.

The heartbreak... It...

He was gonna make a daddyknight for Intrigue, wasn't he?

He still is, he's just busy.

Apparently the guy works like 60 hour weeks on top of other things.

>60 hours

Jesus Christ, don't they pay you overtime for anything over 40?

I want to snuggle you

You've never had a salary, have you?

He probably makes more than enough money. He works so he has less time to dwell on his pain and suffering, user.
It's an escape from the Hell that is his life.

>yfw DHB works like a Japanese salaryman

that's not feedback

60 hours is basically the baseline for stuff like Wall Street, mind you. It's usually closer to 75.

I am super excited for Starfinder.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the Core Rulebook and Alien Archieve.

I really like Iron Maiden

Then please find out how D: We depend on you!

That's such a small feature in the big scheme of things

>paizuri games general

I'll have to playtest it to get a more detailed impression

Nah, Paizuris are way more balanced.

Anyone planning to take their Pathfinder games to space once they get a hold of Starfinder?

I could never associate anything bad with paizuri. I say they need to come up with a better prejorative word.

Pathfinder is a lot like huge tit paizuri. Fun to think about, but awkward and disappointing when you really try it.

I play a game with him so I have a rough idea what he does. He works at some Silicon Valley tech thing and works till he dies. According to him 'it's been a lot of evenings and weekends for the past few months'.

What is the best race and why is it catfolk?

docs.google.com/document/d/1cx6Q2UTfL9yR1Zbh8uy7ZFYzql6ZFDTppZ8AdeeNsbw/edit?usp=sharing

Reposting during prime time. Promise I won't shill it again until I've made significant progress. No, I'm not that guy, I'm the other guy.

Minor Gestalt rules for when you want players to have more options, and be able to round out their weaknesses, but don't want to go full gestalt.

The points are in need of tuning, so please point out any absurdities. Also, any suggestions for new choices are appreciated.

Any tips on PMing him?

Uhhhh user, I'm pretty sure Pathfinder catfolk look like this.

First of all, you don't really need to replace every goddamn feature to make an archetype.
Secondly, you're a filthy pervert who represents everything wrong with /pfg/.

Unfulfilled Desires is a straight upgrade to wearing light armor.
Claim of Lust is too powerful, since it compounds the defensive advantage from Unfulfilled Desires and denies enemy options.

Strip Down makes no thematic sense. How does seduction make a fire elemental stop being immune to fire?

Lust's Downfall is outright broken thanks to Claim of Lust. It effectively forces one or more enemies to choose between granting the Harby an additional standard action or taking no attacks.

Overall it's not egregiously terrible, but it's got some issues and is generally too strong.

>-8 Str
>+2 Dex
>+2 Wis

I hate my GM

>Secondly, you're a filthy pervert who represents everything wrong with /pfg/.

Fuck you, user

Designing most basic consumer products like headphones is really difficult be a niche market to engage in non the less.

>he thinks the SRD uses copyrighted canon Paizo images

Oh yeah, and you might want to consider the interaction between Natural Charm and Perform (Dance) if you have access to Mithral Current and/or the MC trait from PoW:E.

Not always

>that shitty pfsrd art
Get that outta here user.

So what you're saying is, I could look like ajani while my dad is a more human looking DILF?

I'm planning on using a Gnome Alchemist n an upcoming session, any tips or info I should know? I plan on leaning towards the bombing aspect of the class, what other weapon should I have when I run out of explodey things to throw?

>Ajani and Elspeth never fucked

Why do we live only to suffer?

I'm sorry everybody, I love nekos

Anons share some close call stories or heroic feats.

d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/pistol-dragon/
Friend of mine that play a bomb alch use this.

>roll to summon elementals
>roll maximum when I toss out a bunch of medium aether elementals on the field

fear me and my fluffy tails, commoners

We're not allowed to like homebrew here

Anyone here who got their Starfinder PDFs early plan on leaking?

I'm assuming you don't regularly visit the threads

>4/5 party members on the ground bleeding out
>I, the rogue, was saved for last because boss is immune to sneak attacks anyway
>Fuck it, lets UMD a wand that casts his weak element
>Fail horribly
>Explosion (houseruled random effects) kills me AND the boss
>Cleric didn't bleed out, so everyone else gets to live

It's more heroic in hindsight.

>First of all, you don't really need to replace every goddamn feature to make an archetype.

Plenty of PoW archetypes are heavily transformative. The Knight-Chandler is a good example of this.

>Unfulfilled Desires is a straight upgrade to wearing light armor.

I felt the Courtier needed a defensive boost because its main playstyle encourages coaxing enemies into attacking it to hit them back, and they don't gain particularly many extra defenses against these attacks. Counters compete heavily with swift actions needed to claim.

Claim of Lust specifically doesn't grant a miss chance against the Courtier herself, encouraging enemies to attack her. Forcing the enemy to choose between two unappealing options is one of the tenets of being a tank.

In itself, it's also a choice between affecting one enemy potently and affecting multiple to a lesser extent.

>Strip Down makes no thematic sense. How does seduction make a fire elemental stop being immune to fire?
It's a supernatural ability that plays off the idea that seduction makes someone lower their guard and expose themself 'naked'.

>Lust's Downfall is outright broken thanks to Claim of Lust. It effectively forces one or more enemies to choose between granting the Harby an additional standard action or taking no attacks.

Lust's Downfall is meant to be the main damage dealing method of the archetype, and it only works at its fullest when the Courtier foregoes their normal strike or full attack from their turn. I see this as a playstyle risk: you have less of a chance of using your strikes than a regular harbinger, so your goal is to tempt enemies into attacking you. Claim of Lust and the Seductions are all for facilitating this: they make it much harder for enemies to attack your allies, but for the most part don't hinder them from attacking the Courtier.

Denying enemy options is the core idea of battlefield control.

(Continued)

Leakanon said pics will come sometime tonight or tomorrow

Only once every few days when I remember Veeky Forums exists.

Thank you for looking it over!

In general it's an archetype that nerfs the harbinger's main attacking method and grants various new abilities to make its suboptimal alternate combat style viable. The Courtier is nothing more than a weakened Harbinger or minor debuffer if it can't goad enemies into attacking it in melee.

I'm not discounting your feedback and I do have worries about it getting too much for what it gives up, but I'm just going more in depth about my own viewpoints.

I considered that, but ultimately decided it was too strange to specifically exclude Perform (Dance). The Courtier will still have fewer effective skillpoints in useful skills than an INT-based Harbinger, without the gap being too huge.

You're right, I did misread Claim of Lust.
It's even more sickening than I thought.

Just sit in a safe place (like behind the other tank) with a ranged attack option and you're providing massive miss chance.

pathfinder after level 10 was a mistake

I want to make a fur coat out of you.

>actually using summon spells in combat
>not using ASM+CM
you're a fucking plebian, foxtits
you need to be more hardcore
>captcha: extra soft

Any of you guys got the full of this?

>In general it's an archetype that nerfs the harbinger's main attacking method and grants various new abilities to make its suboptimal alternate combat style viable. The Courtier is nothing more than a weakened Harbinger or minor debuffer if it can't goad enemies into attacking it in melee.
I may be overvaluing it a bit, but my experience is that straight damage is always worse than it sounds and battlefield control is always better than it sounds. Additionally, the decrease in offensive ability isn't very pronounced if you avoid multi-attack strikes and instead go for the standard++ strikes, which you can conceivably get multiple of per turn.

I personally think it's a slightly risky trade-off, but one that pays off too much for not enough risk.
Really though, playtest data trumps theorycrafting, so get some GM to let you or somebody else run it and see how it fares.

Pathfinder at any level other than 20 with any character wealth besides 880,000.00 gp was a mistake

I'm bored and better out of combat, I just wanna toss minions at things

Claim of Lust specifically says that enemies have to see you. Harbingers, feat-choked as they are, make infamously bad ranged attackers, and because of the mechanical awkwardness that comes with trying to use ranged strikes as AoOs, focusing in on a ranged playstyle means you're likely going to end up ignoring the majority of the archetype's other features to focus on that combat style.

I think if you have two well built PoW tanks in the party something's going very wrong if anyone else takes significant damage in battles regularly

Do you feel it would feel much more in check if I removed the scaling ability to make extra strikes per round from Lust's Downfall, strictly limiting it to a single AoO strike per round?

But on the whole I think it would be reasonable to lower the miss chances on Claim of Lust across the board.

Maybe 5% per level instead of 10%, and with 5% as the new minimum miss chance.

Too lazy to look at EVERYTHING but offhand
>Monk AC could be a cheap thing to add, though admittedly Prescient Dodger would likely be available to almost anyone who actually used this system
>Oracle Curse and Mysteries might be more reasonable?
>Novice Magician feels rather lackluster next to save, HD, and BAB bumps
>A note on Minor Caster about not having the -3 CL might be good due to that penalty being retarded would be nice, as would adding in the Bloodrager list to have an arcane caster.
>the "Free VMC" option is comically overpriced, as it replaces 5 feats over 20 levels when you could just grab one of the talent options or the Fighter feats and take VMC normally and get ~11 feats

It doesn't mean you have to be a rude piece of shit.

In retrospect I'd be less worried about ranged chabies and more worried about enlarge person + polearm chabies, since that's already AOO central.

And yeah, I keep comparing Lust's Downfall to Massacre and thinking it's silly. Massacre is harder to profit from. You have to be next to one foe while dropping another. Lust's Downfall just flat turns AOOs into maneuvers, and it'll trigger a lot more often. I can't help but consider it better in both single combat and in crowd control.

that wasn't me user, I haven't read your thing.

I just get the same treatment with my homebrew.

I want to pump you full of my demon seed

pm me

It isn't my thing, it just really upsets me when people act like that here.
I'm sorry for calling you a rude piece of shit, homebrewer-san.

PM me!

pm me

M. Grim#4629

Ha! Caught in the act!

>Game from ~6 years ago.
>Players are WE WUZ fighting against an invading Magocracy.
>Elf Rogue wants to revive Hrevea, the personification of winter storms.
>Makes deal with Magocracy to betray party in exchange for releasing Big Freeze.
>Player leaves game in real life because why not.
>Party gets ambushed while marching to meet up with Catfolk Warlords army.
>Mage Captain tells party entire plan to assassinate Warkitty, as is tradition.
>Traitor fucks off to go kill Meowsama.
>Human Monk chases after him while party and Mage mooks duke it out.
>Catches up to him atop the fall of a frozen lake and cuts off his exit.
>They're both built for archery.
>While Mage's are getting choke slammed a valley back !Black Naruto and !Spock Sasuke duke it out.
>Fight was surprisingly fun.
>Both near dead after 10 or so minutes.
>Eventually Rogue positions himself hear his escape route.
>Monk has a couple arrows tied to lengths of rope.
>Manages to hit twice.
>Drags Rogue back across the ice.
>Rogue is still managing to slip away.
>Monk player:
"I use the slack I have and move to the edge of the frozen fall"
>Me:
"Okay, you've got more than enough. He manages to crawl 5ft away in the meantime."
>Monk player:
"I wrap both ropes around my forearms and jump!"
>Me:
"Of course you do."
>Rolls STR Check for Rogue.
>Rogue bobsleds across the ice and over the fall.
>They both survive crashing through the thin ice below and into the freezing water.
>Rogue panics and tries to find an opening.
>Monk calmly swims towards him and makes a grapple check.
>They sink together to the icy river bed.

Monk player ended rolling a Catfolk Barbarian from Meowsama's warband.

PM me I'll take your demon seed as often as you want~

I AM A SHADOW! THE TRUE SELF!

Hmm, thinking on it more I'm not sure if halving it like that would make the ability worthwhile.

>Up until 7th level, when you can maintain two seductions at once, your hardest control option is to only have one enemy claimed, hitting them with a huge 50% miss chance against your allies.

(Note: I've realized that if total concealment means all your allies can effectively flatfoot that opponent I'm definitely removing the bit about it counting as total concealment)

>50% is a good number because at that point you can be pretty sure you've convinced that single enemy to focus their attacks on you. You can use your one strike on them, you're good.

>If you use your Standard Action to apply Wicked Craving that's another -2 to their attack, for an effective 10% extra multiplicative miss chance for 55%. Not a significantly big change.

>At 7th level you can use two seductions, and it becomes more optimal to have two claimed targets with at most 35% miss chance each. It feels like a good point at where there's a good chance at least one of them will focus on attacking you, but not necessarily both.
>At level 8 they get 40% each, and compounded with Wicked Craving that makes an effective 48% chance on two enemies... maybe that one's a bit high. But forcing two enemies to attack you when you're a d8 class isn't free of downsides.

But I fully accept the part of myself that wants to be bred by demon cock!

Okay, everyone who isn't foxtits needs to pony up a compelling receptacle for this demon seed or they won't see a drop.

That's a fair point. I'll remove the per-encounter ability to make multiple strikes with Lust's Downfall.

Post Discord! I'll PM you!

post discord

Monk AC sounds like a good idea. I should be inclusive to people who don't know or care about SoP.

Oracle Curse can be gained with the Hedgewitch Tradition, but that is something I can include for the same reasons.

Would full at-will cantrips from one class be enough?

I indeed should include Bloodrager casting, and if I do, remove the -3 caster level.

VMC is just kind of there for people who want it. It is a feat every few levels, which is about the same level as the slower Rogue Talent progression. I would say some of those VMC feat trade offs are much stronger than a single fighter feat.

you haven't PM'd me, marvelous ms. foxtits, yet, bamboozler

Fuck yeah.

I would argue that 11 fighter feats, 10 Rogue/URogue/Slayer talents, or a Ninja Ki Pool+10 talents which double as Rogue talents is a lot more valuable than saving 5 general feats.

Y'all some thirsty motherfuckers.

spookygorl#0337